Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Problem with such cars is that they would have no rivals (and that's already a recurring theme in AC). Plus Stefano said that GT3s are popular and sell well, compared to other models, so I can see why they would add more of them.
The next update is free though so they don't have to worry about sales.

Whatever happens with the next Assetto Corsa, they need to focus a little more on making sure race classes have five, six or seven models for us to enjoy. I will always love GT3, but I wouldn't mind seeing more GT4 & Group C. :D
Now that they have a bigger budget and are a known name im sure it will be easier to flesh out rivals.

Whatever happens with the next Assetto Corsa, they need to focus a little more on making sure race classes have five, six or seven models for us to enjoy. I will always love GT3, but I wouldn't mind seeing more GT4 & Group C. :D
Wish I could like this post more than once. And they don't even need tons of cars; with just 10 or so new additions to the current list, It would become much better for racing.
  • BPR ('95/'96): Porsche 993 GT2 Evo or Porsche 993 GT1, Ferrari F40 LM = 2 cars;
  • FIA GT ('98): McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, Mercedes CLK-GTR/LM, = 2 cars;
  • FIA GT ('04): Ferrari 575 GTC, Lamborghini Murcièlago R-GT = 2 cars;
  • GT4 (Current): Ford Mustang, Audi R8 Mk2, Nissan 370Z , KTM X-Bow (or others) = 4 cars;
And that's without new manufacturers like Jaguar, Aston, Bentley, Lancia etc.

Wish I could like this post more than once. And they don't even need tons of cars; with just 10 or so new additions to the current list, It would become much better for racing.
  • BPR ('95/'96): Porsche 993 GT2 Evo or Porsche 993 GT1, Ferrari F40 LM = 2 cars;
  • FIA GT ('98): McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, Mercedes CLK-GTR/LM, = 2 cars;
  • FIA GT ('04): Ferrari 575 GTC, Lamborghini Murcièlago R-GT = 2 cars;
  • GT4 (Current): Ford Mustang, Audi R8 Mk2, Nissan 370Z , KTM X-Bow (or others) = 4 cars;
And that's without new manufacturers like Jaguar, Aston, Bentley, Lancia etc.
The beautiful thing about doing racing classes like those you just listed...as long as you can secure the rights from each company you can also easily end up with road going versions with much less modelling work than making two cars from scratch.

E3CE72F5-A771-458C-ABB9-DD3F9E908050.jpeg
I’m still missing a few Porsches.
993 GT2, RSR Turbo 2.1, 964 RS, 961, 935 K3 to name some of them.
Does anyone know if there are more Porsche-pack’s planned?

I haven't done a lot of driving with those V8 Supercars yet, but they sound pretty sweet. Here is a professional racer & instructor trying Assetto Corsa for the first time. (German video, but VERY good English subs are available). It's interesting to hear some of the things he says...and I actually picked up a couple of ideas for my next races on Nurburgring.

Question, I have two PSN accounts purchased all DLC on #1, but cannot use it on #2.
Is this correct?
I thought DLC was tied into the PS4, not limited between users.

XXI
Question, I have two PSN accounts purchased all DLC on #1, but cannot use it on #2.
Is this correct?
I thought DLC was tied into the PS4, not limited between users.
Two accounts on different PS4s or same one? I don't know the answer to either mind you.

Which is why I'd like to see the 458 Speciale.

I would love to see the 458 Speciale, along with:

* Aventador LP700-4
* F12berlinetta
* Murciélago LP670-4 Superveloce
* F12tdf
* Huracán LP610-4
* 675LT
* 599 GTO
* 650S
* Corvette Z06 (C7)
* Corvette ZR1 (C6)
* SRT Viper TA
* SRT Viper ACR
* Ford GT (2017)
* Agera RS
* Venom GT

* Aventador LP700-4
* F12berlinetta
* Murciélago LP670-4 Superveloce
* F12tdf
* Huracán LP610-4
* 675LT
* 599 GTO
* 650S
* Corvette Z06 (C7)
* Corvette ZR1 (C6)
* SRT Viper TA
* SRT Viper ACR
* Ford GT (2017)
* Agera RS
* Venom GT
I have all those cars in my AC, not sure why you don’t

Then you must be playing on PC. I play PS4, so no mods. And I never knew there were mods for the Agera RS, 650S, SRT Viper TA, C7 Z06 and C6 ZR1, maybe I haven’t watched in a while...

I've been driving an awesome Huracan mod and a very nice Huracan Performante mod. Whoever put 'em together put a lot of work into both. It will be interesting to compare the Performante's when Kunos releases theirs.

@HarVee - You are correct. Most mod cars aren't Kunos quality. Sometimes they'll get their hands on a very nice 3D model, but you can tell they have no idea what they're doing when putting the physics together. I was working on a Z06 like that last week. There are some modders who can build incredible cars and if they can get their hands on most of the data required, the cars drive awesomely too.

View attachment 690488 I’m still missing a few Porsches.
993 GT2, RSR Turbo 2.1, 964 RS, 961, 935 K3 to name some of them.
Does anyone know if there are more Porsche-pack’s planned?
👍👍👍

Methinks somebody should start an AC2 wishlist thread. I have plenty of tracks and cars in mind for that :)

I haven't done a lot of driving with those V8 Supercars yet, but they sound pretty sweet. Here is a professional racer & instructor trying Assetto Corsa for the first time. (German video, but VERY good English subs are available). It's interesting to hear some of the things he says...and I actually picked up a couple of ideas for my next races on Nurburgring.
That was interesting. And got me pretty antsy to play.. will probably fire up AC tonight 👍

👍👍👍

Methinks somebody should start an AC2 wishlist thread. I have plenty of tracks and cars in mind for that :)

That was interesting. And got me pretty antsy to play.. will probably fire up AC tonight 👍

I’ve made a wish list for Assetto Corsa, for both car and track. Obviously I don’t expect all to appear, but here it is. Feel free to add.

http://assetto-corsa-track-wishlist.wikia.com/wiki/Assetto_Corsa_Track_Wishlist_Wiki

http://assetto-corsa-car-wishlist.wikia.com/wiki/Assetto_Corsa_Car_Wishlist_Wiki

You need to upgrade to PC - I've got almost all of those tracks that you list, and a lot more. Over 150 separate tracks, last time I counted.
I moved from PS4 to PC a few months ago and wish I'd done it years ago.

I prefer playing games on console tbh..

Well then keep creating wish list, mean while on PC we will be driving the cars of your wish list on the tracks of your wish list. We prefer driving on PC to be honest.:sly:

As mentioned above, mods don't follow a uniform quality standard like Kunos created content does. So mods aren't really a huge draw for me personally. While I would like to play the Steam version of AC with all the benefits that entails, I can relate to those who prefer playing on consoles. I think I do too. Support and performance may not always be top notch on console, but console life is very straightforward and convenient whereas PC life tends to be characterized by troubleshooting small annoyances because not two setups are identical. Fine with me if people like fiddling with hardware and software settings, but consoles either work or they don't. I like this simplicity despite playing dumbed down versions of a few multiplatform titles.

Last edited:
whereas PC life tends to be characterized by troubleshooting small annoyances because not two setups are identical.

Doesn't have to be like that. It can be, but you can also play on a PC just like you would a console, plug and play. And none of it's hard, if you can create a Word document and attach it to an email you pretty much have all the skills you need for PC gaming life. My first gaming PC gave me some fits but my current one is just about to turn 1 year old and hasn't given me any problems and I've never even opened it up, and it's on off-the-shelf system that I just plugged in, downloaded the games and drivers, and started playing. PC Life doesn't have to be as scary as some make it out to be and it's not nearly as scary as it was 10 years ago. And this is coming from the person who inspired the term "Brandonitis". :D But there's nothing wrong with sticking to consoles too.

Back