Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
That would be the variety of the liveries in the field. Generally speaking, I'd always recommend using GeForce Experience, if you're using a supported nVidia card, as it automatically tweaks all the settings to your hardware specifications, plus you have to option to either make the game run smoother or look better. :)
Thank you, much appreciated! :cheers:👍

Hi guys, a question about laptime here.
What should be my time target on a Ferrari SF70H on Soft tires, 20°C air 28°C track with 98% grip on Barcelona GP? I see real qualify last year was 1:19.1 (Soft), with SRS livetiming giving a couple of 1:17 on Ultra Soft as best, then jumping directly on 1:19 still on US.
Atm I scored just a 1:24.7 (on Soft).

Little help needed here, I'm looking for a good all around fps limiter since when I benchmarked with the in game 16 GT3 cars at spa I got 180 fps and I want to cap it down to 100 or less. I need something I can use with other games like Race 07 (when I tested without vsync it reached 450 fps which is way too much). Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Sunday morning drive in a classic on the west coast, in VR, priceless.
CB7553CB7898B549398C0CA04C35B16285F5381A

Little help needed here, I'm looking for a good all around fps limiter since when I benchmarked with the in game 16 GT3 cars at spa I got 180 fps and I want to cap it down to 100 or less. I need something I can use with other games like Race 07 (when I tested without vsync it reached 450 fps which is way too much). Any advice? Thanks in advance.

AC has a FPS limiter in the graphics option.

AC has a FPS limiter in the graphics option.
Yes but if I want an fps limiter that works for all my games I ended up using fraps to monitor ingame fps and nvidia inspector global profile to cap them to desidered value. 👍

Is the variaton option in the opponents section for the skills of the AI? Or it makes the grid more variable?

Should I use the In-Game VSync or the Nvidia Control Panel one? Also, could you recommend some tweaks in Nvidia Control Panel? I have an 1050Ti.
That would be the variety of the liveries in the field.
Hmmm, no I believe it's this (from the 1.14 change log): "Added "variation" slider for AI. It will randomize the AI level in the range selected." So if you set 95% Strength and 2% Variation, the AI drivers' skill will be randomized between 93 and 97 (2 down and 2 up). As for tweaks I always use nVidia Inspector (must be downloaded) and MSI Afterburner.

Fraps is outdated and there are a lot of games it won't work with.
MSI Afterburner is as good as it gets when it comes to frame capping. It also allows you to have different profiles for each game. Through the built-in RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) you can easily display the framerate on the screen to verify that your cap is in effect.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but if you play without v-sync and get screen tearing you should try Fast Sync (if you're on an nVidia card). That will (almost) eliminate lag and completey get rid of tearing. And then you can manually (like you're doing now) cap the framerate to reduce power consumption and heat.

The smoothest motion though will always be with v-sync, as long as your fps > refresh rate.

Last edited:
Hmmm, no I believe it's this (from the 1.14 change log): "Added "variation" slider for AI. It will randomize the AI level in the range selected.". So if you set 95% Strength and 2% Variation, the AI drivers' skill will be randomized between 93 and 97 (2 down and 2 up). As for tweaks I always use nVidia Inspector (must be downloaded) and MSI Afterburner.

MSI Afterburner is as good as it gets when it comes to frame capping. It also allows you to have different profiles for each game. Through the built-in RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) you can easily display the framerate on the screen to verify that your cap is in effect.
Thank you for the explaining and information! :cheers:👍

Last edited:
I just want to pop in to say, the sounds in this game are absolutely amazing. Why did nobody tell me? This game sounds so accurate to the real cars compared to every other title I’ve played. The engine notes, the shift sounds, the exhaust crackling, even the wind sounds good.

PCars2 sounds good, but somehow not quite natural. There seems to be a throatiness just for the sake of it, instead of authenticity. Other games sound good as well, but not authentic. In a time where every game has a bunch of Porsche’s in them, AC is the ONLY sim that gets the RSR’s engine sound right, not to mention the heavenly 911 R.

If it wasn’t obvious, I’m really enjoying this sim.

Sunday morning drive in a classic on the west coast, in VR, priceless.
CB7553CB7898B549398C0CA04C35B16285F5381A
Showoff. It doesn't look bad on my 25" Black & White console TV set. :banghead: :banghead: :grumpy:
I just want to pop in to say, the sounds in this game are absolutely amazing. Why did nobody tell me? This game sounds so accurate to the real cars compared to every other title I’ve played. The engine notes, the shift sounds, the exhaust crackling, even the wind sounds good.

PCars2 sounds good, but somehow not quite natural. There seems to be a throatiness just for the sake of it, instead of authenticity. Other games sound good as well, but not authentic. In a time where every game has a bunch of Porsche’s in them, AC is the ONLY sim that gets the RSR’s engine sound right, not to mention the heavenly 911 R.

Welcome! I'm guessing you're playing this on a PS4 or XBOne, not a PC? I wish we had forum flair so we always knew who's on what platform...especially for idiots like me who sometimes can't remember to put pants on before a drive to the mall. I mean, the looks some people give you. What? You've never left the house without putting pants on? Okay...Well goodie gumdrops for you!! Wait...What were we talking about here?

Ahh yes...you can follow the evolution of Assetto Corsa if you really scrutinize cars like some of the Lotus's we have and then move up chronologically to something like the Japanese Pack and then into the Porsche Packs. There might not be glaring differences, but occasionally you can tell which cars benefited from improved versions of FMod and just plain improvement of skill using FMod and automobiles. The same goes for the visual aspects of tracks & cars.

Showoff. It doesn't look bad on my 25" Black & White console TV set. :banghead: :banghead: :grumpy:

Welcome! I'm guessing you're playing this on a PS4 or XBOne, not a PC? I wish we had forum flair so we always knew who's on what platform...especially for idiots like me who sometimes can't remember to put pants on before a drive to the mall. I mean, the looks some people give you. What? You've never left the house without putting pants on? Okay...Well goodie gumdrops for you!! Wait...What were we talking about here?

Ahh yes...you can follow the evolution of Assetto Corsa if you really scrutinize cars like some of the Lotus's we have and then move up chronologically to something like the Japanese Pack and then into the Porsche Packs. There might not be glaring differences, but occasionally you can tell which cars benefited from improved versions of FMod and just plain improvement of skill using FMod and automobiles. The same goes for the visual aspects of tracks & cars.
Thanks for the welcome! You guessed right in that I am playing on PS4. I can't say I've been able to tell what evolved from where but the end product is pretty addictive. At this point I'm REALLY hoping ACC comes to console. I'd be the first preorder.

Thanks for the welcome! You guessed right in that I am playing on PS4. I can't say I've been able to tell what evolved from where but the end product is pretty addictive. At this point I'm REALLY hoping ACC comes to console. I'd be the first preorder.
There are some differences between the console version and the PC version. As far as the physics & FFB go - I've been told they're so close they're probably identical. Others have told me there is definitely a difference, but its so minute it's not an immersion breaker. But the main reason I like to know if someone is a PC or console player is because of the PC's ability to run mods. Sadly, mods can't be loaded into the console version. :grumpy: So, I hate to mention a car or track that isn't available to you guys on console version. :(

Is anyone having trouble with the Official Forums? I keep trying to login and it doesn't say anything, it just refreshes the main screen. Can someone check the Content Manager thread to see if my username is still active - I'm sure I have a post or 2 on the last page of the Content Manager thread. I don't even know who I would contact or how to contact an admin at the Kunos Forums about this.

Is anyone having trouble with the Official Forums? I keep trying to login and it doesn't say anything, it just refreshes the main screen. Can someone check the Content Manager thread to see if my username is still active - I'm sure I have a post or 2 on the last page of the Content Manager thread. I don't even know who I would contact or how to contact an admin at the Kunos Forums about this.
Yep, you're still active bud, and it logged me in automatically and instantly, as normal.

Yes indeed @ALB123 your account is still active. I could <follow> you.

Have you tried another browser and/or delete the cookies for only official forums?
I've wiped all Chrome data from the beginning of time...Rebooted...Tried logging in from my file server. It doesn't say that I've entered in a wrong PW or anything. The way the screen refreshes I expected it to show me the main screen with my nick in the upper right corner...instead it still shows the Log In or Sign-Up buttons. I've tried logging in with my e-mail address, the way that I created the account. I've tried logging in with my Steam account. It's always the same thing. ALB is sad. :( :ouch:

(Thanks for checking on my account guys!)

The only sounds I'm disappointed in from the last few years is the Alfa Giulia. It's quite disappointing compared to the real version. Also a few copy pasted sounds in the Maserati's ( they do sound great though). My guess is that they may have rushed to get them done as its now apparent they were working on ACC.

I finally got in! I have no idea what it was...I just kept trying and trying and this last time it showed me user name. yay! Thx for the help fellas.

For the kind people who've checked the official forums for me, are you guys using Chrome or a different browser? I was just able to login on my phone using the default Samsung S8 browser. Then I went back to my laptop thinking I might have knocked the cobwebs loose. Nope. :grumpy:

For the kind people who've checked the official forums for me, are you guys using Chrome or a different browser? I was just able to login on my phone using the default Samsung S8 browser. Then I went back to my laptop thinking I might have knocked the cobwebs loose. Nope. :grumpy:
Chrome

edit: and also Edge worked fine (which I never use)

This is not at all AC related, but thought you guys might enjoy. I got to do some karting at Indianapolis Motor Speedway over the weekend (little track setup in the infield) and it was mega fun! Always neat to see how well those sim racing skills pay off in the real world, I did four races over two days and in every one of them I started at the back and passed everyone. :cool: And I can now say I'm a winner at Indy! :D

I came out of this one with some bruised ribs, at 3:35 the dude in front gets sideways and drives right into the side of me. Still hurts pretty good but I should hopefully be good to go for some more of it this weekend.

This is not at all AC related, but thought you guys might enjoy. I got to do some karting at Indianapolis Motor Speedway over the weekend (little track setup in the infield) and it was mega fun! Always neat to see how well those sim racing skills pay off in the real world, I did four races over two days and in every one of them I started at the back and passed everyone. :cool: And I can now say I'm a winner at Indy! :D

I came out of this one with some bruised ribs, at 3:35 the dude in front gets sideways and drives right into the side of me. Still hurts pretty good but I should hopefully be good to go for some more of it this weekend.

So now you have some official Kart experience can you report on the new Kart DLC for Rfactor2?

Curious how the real world physics compare to what I'm racing as I've never been on fast karts.

Eat oatmeal to help with the ribs. After 30 years on motorcycles I promise it helps.

So now you have some official Kart experience can you report on the new Kart DLC for Rfactor2?

Curious how the real world physics compare to what I'm racing as I've never been on fast karts.

Eat oatmeal to help with the ribs. After 30 years on motorcycles I promise it helps.

I have a bit of karting experience over the last few years with both petrol and electric engines. Just rental karts but they're not the slow putt-putt karts, they're legit and pretty rapid. I've never driven a kart in a sim that felt like the real thing, karts don't have any suspension and most sims aren't really designed to replicate that accurately. That doesn't mean they can't be fun, they just don't really feel like the real thing. Plus the steering in real karts is mega heavy, you'd need a direct drive wheel with the FFB cranked up to replicate that. The other thing is that real karts have a tiny degree of steering rotation, I don't think you can turn the wheel more than 90º in either direction. That works fine on the real thing but in sims it always feels waaaay too twitchy to me. I've not tried the karts in rF2 so I can't really speak to those, I suspect they are probably better than karts in other sims.

If you guys get the chance to drive some proper karts, do it! It's incredibly fun and a huge adrenaline rush. They're at IMS all month so I'm hoping the ribs will be healed up enough to have another go this weekend, I think they're just bruised but I'm having them checked out after work today to be sure.

Btw, is it something that came after the conclusion of AC, and they're giving most of the DLC's for free, or just some PSN timed freebie?

AC.jpg

I'm going to go with "PSN timed freebie".

As I have already bought all the DLC's and the game at it's full original price (with zero regrets obviously) I can't see if that content is free on the PS Store(UK) at the moment or not. The base, non ultimate version, of the game is currently at £11.99 again.

If you already have a wheel and want to get the best experience from it, this is the bargain of the century. Get it now, especially if all that DLC is actually free. There is unlikely to be a better driving simulator available for this generation of consoles.

Btw, is it something that came after the conclusion of AC, and they're giving most of the DLC's for free, or just some PSN timed freebie?

Try buying them and see! Or do you already own them all?

On the UK store I've never seen a price of 0.00 for anything, instead it says 'Free' (or 'Purchased' if I've already bought something).

Right now UK store is showing normal prices for all of the DLCs (if I log out).

@Outspacer I just bought them, and that's my print after getting them for 0,00 buckerinos. it says Free if you open the PSN page on your browser, at least it did for me.
I'm in europe, so the Uk store should say the same

Edit: only the ferrari SF70h Dlc had price.

@Outspacer I just bought them, and that's my print after getting them for 0,00 buckerinos. it says Free if you open the PSN page on your browser, at least it did for me.
I'm in europe, so the Uk store should say the same

Edit: only the ferrari SF70h Dlc had price.

When I'm logged in they all say Purchased, if I log out they have normal prices. Had you bought the Season Pass or Ultimate? If not, I think you got lucky somehow!

I just got AC when it was half price last time, and 1 dlc at the time.
logged in at work on my psn to check it out, and the prices on the dlc except the ferrari one said free. so i didn't think twice :v

but if they say purchased, you already have them?

Latest Posts

Back