Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
In the last couple years I've played GT Sport, Project Cars, iRacing, and Assetto Corsa. AC left me the most impressed. The most impressed I've been with a sim's physics since GTR2. Outside of a few glitches the sound is incredible as well. And the forcefeedback - why dont all sims feel like this? The whole time I feel like the car is in contact with the road.

Got the ultimate edition on the current steam sale for $24. Money well spent

why don't all sims feel like this?

Same here, it would be so much easier, OK, maybe not for the one who prefer some other title FFB, LOL.
But seriously, it would be great if we could insert AC driving feeling in other SIms, one can dream.:boggled:
At least ACC is close enough, it is seriously growing on me.:drool:

Most of my Assetto Corsa work has been with skinning cars, but I do find Assetto Corsa to be one of the most fascinating simulation racers in a long time. There is just a certain magic to Assetto Corsa that makes it a quality game. I almost sort of become interested on if the console versions of AC are any good. Then too, I don't own a PlayStation 4 or anything to see for myself.

@JohnBM01 I have a PS4 and just got a PC yesterday so didn't try it on PC yet.
On PS4 it's fine. I like it. The ffb and the driving us unrivaled imo. Graphics aren't bad either. Yet it feels very basic and barebone somehow.
PC2 is the best sim on PS4 imo. Yes it doesn't have the same awesome ffb or feel but it's close enough. And it trumps AC in nearly every other aspect (weather, time of the day, customization, content, etc...)

Driving the f1 2004 ferrari is one of the greatest sim experiences I have ever had. And the sound.... surely impressive!

I had to have my Xbox One X replaced under warranty last October I think but I had only reloaded Project Cars 2 and F1 2017 onto the new console. Last weekend I decided to go ahead and reload Assetto Corsa. If I had driven the F1 2004 before I certainly didn't remember it. But I took it out after the reload and you're right. It's unbelievable. I've got all assists turned to factory but the car is still easier to drive than I thought it would be.

It certainly makes up for the disappointment that the modern Ferrari F1 cars are. Either I don't understand how they work (which is certainly possible) or they're that bad.

For me the pinnacle of console sim racing is the vintage Lotus F1 cars in AC - particularly the Lotus 49. Nothing else compares. The sound of the engines, the speed, the mix of oversteer & understeer created by the amazing FFB & physics - it's the most visceral experience available in sim racing. And given that AC's AI is now really very good, offline races in the Lotus 49 are challenging & fun.

I'm very disappointed that Kunos is creating a GT racing game for its next project. They may be exciting to drive IRL, but in a sim I find the GT cars uninteresting ... too much down force, too much grip. :indiff:

For me the pinnacle of console sim racing is the vintage Lotus F1 cars in AC - particularly the Lotus 49. Nothing else compares. The sound of the engines, the speed, the mix of oversteer & understeer created by the amazing FFB & physics - it's the most visceral experience available in sim racing. And given that AC's AI is now really very good, offline races in the Lotus 49 are challenging & fun.

I'm very disappointed that Kunos is creating a GT racing game for its next project. They may be exciting to drive IRL, but in a sim I find the GT cars uninteresting ... too much down force, too much grip. :indiff:
I agree with much of this post. The older Lotus race cars are divine and the older Porsche race cars are sublime. I haven't loaded AC in months, so I can't even remember the other cars I really thought were on the same level.

For me it's the 917K. Literally the only car in AC that has me cry tears of joy. Sometimes I'll drive that just to listen to the eargasm sound.

Don't like the fact that there are no Hondas though.
And there could be more variety with car selection but from what I've heard each car is detailed better in Assetto than other games.

Hey-ho AC fan mates, can anyone help me out?

I have a problem with AC, whenever I try the launch it, an error '0xc00007b' shows up, and I can't start the game. Made a search on Google & RaceDepartment but very few people have the problem and the tutorial about how to fix the issue isn't really understandable for me.

Could anyone help me out, please? I haven't played AC in, like, 6 months.

EDIT: fixed, all good. :)

Oh wait, another silly problem occured.

Whenever I press the 'Y' button on my steering wheel the the car horns (the game thinks my steering wheel is an Xbox360 gamepad). What the heck?! I have nothing assigned for the horn, but I still hear it whenever I press the 'Y' button, which is assigned for previous gear, it scares the Suzuki Capuccino out of me whenever I downshift because all I hear is TOOOT TOOOOT.

Could anyone help me out, please? :) I'm using Content Manager BTW.

Last edited:
So, having come back to AC after a while, I think I realize why I consider it to be one of the worst Racing Sims out there: It's SUPER bias. If you are on a controller, you lose. If you have assists on, you lose. Driving the AE86 and Miata with a controller with assists on against SUPER EASY opponents...impossible. Apparently, in AC, TC = ALLLLLL the understeer.

It's a game specifically designed to be used with a wheel and no assists. I mean, it's so bad, I don't really fully understand why they allow controllers and assists. There's no real learning curve, so having those options just seems like a formality than anything else.

Also, the track side scenery is....awful I think would be putting it lightly. I think OG Xbox games had better sprites.

just bought Ultimate Edition too
my last contact with racing on PC was like 12 years ago in rFactor, and all those mods options causes headaches, even before 1st launch of the game :lol:

is online alive in that game? any good leagues or online platforms? SRS is good?
and how correctly configure G29? I read about apps like FFBClip and LUT Generator is this best option?

Last edited:
is online alive in that game? any good leagues or online platforms? SRS is good?
and how correctly configure G29? I read about apps like FFBClip and LUT Generator is this best option?

Online is not dead, there's plenty of servers around, but there isn't a lot of people. If you look around I think there are good leagues, I personally don't have much experience with it, but there are. I used Logitech Gaming Software to tune my G27, can't speak for the G29, unfortunately

So, having come back to AC after a while, I think I realize why I consider it to be one of the worst Racing Sims out there: It's SUPER bias. If you are on a controller, you lose. If you have assists on, you lose. Driving the AE86 and Miata with a controller with assists on against SUPER EASY opponents...impossible. Apparently, in AC, TC = ALLLLLL the understeer.

It's a game specifically designed to be used with a wheel and no assists. I mean, it's so bad, I don't really fully understand why they allow controllers and assists. There's no real learning curve, so having those options just seems like a formality than anything else.

Also, the track side scenery is....awful I think would be putting it lightly. I think OG Xbox games had better sprites.

Haven't raced a sim with a pad since Gran Turismo 4 so can't help any there.

I will say AC is a fantastic experience with a wheel and I don't find track side scenery bad at all.
Are you on console?

It's a game specifically designed to be used with a wheel and no assists.

So what's the question?
You pretty much found your problem right here.
Your inability to manipulate cars in Assetto with a controller does not make it the worst SIM out there. On the contrary this is well within the top SIMS available today. This is a PC game that allows modding and at 2000+ cars and 500+ tracks, it is unmatched out there. Sims aren't designed to be used with controllers, games are designed to be used with controllers.
They decided to port it to console so that console users would be able to get a taste of what it offered. This isn't a "game" for your console even though it offers good experiences anyways and was never intended to be. Now wait till you get a wheel and get back on this and sit there and go "oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see".

Last edited:

This, despite the fact that so many people have no problem doing well with a controller. In online races, while using my wheel, I've been beat by people using a controller. In fact, I've been beat in an online race by a guy who literally has no hands, arms, legs, or feet. Tell him the game is biased towards wheels, and then admire his bumper as he leaves you in the dust. :lol:

Hey guys, i have a quick question. My tyres are staying cold. I just cant get them into "green" temperature. This only affects the front tyres.

Im driving the 911 GT3R, Nordschleife, Soft Tyres. Tyre Pressure for the rear wheels is set to 22, seems to work fine. But the front tyres stay cold, no matter if i race with 15 or 29 tyre pressure. Any advice?

Hey guys, i have a quick question. My tyres are staying cold. I just cant get them into "green" temperature. This only affects the front tyres.

Im driving the 911 GT3R, Nordschleife, Soft Tyres. Tyre Pressure for the rear wheels is set to 22, seems to work fine. But the front tyres stay cold, no matter if i race with 15 or 29 tyre pressure. Any advice?

Pressures are generally more important than temps. If you're pressures are in the green you should be in good shape. I've always had trouble getting the temps to show as green in AC, especially in the fronts, but if my pressures are right it's all good. And in a FWD car you'll probably never get temps up in the rears but that's not really an issue because the rears don't really do anything besides come along for the ride, they're not doing anything that would get temps into them. Front tires are all that matters in FWD cars.

Experimenting with the resolution in AC, I managed to get a stable 70 fps on a i5 4690 3.5 GHz, 16 gig HyperX, GTX 970, everything set to the minimum at a resolution of 15.350x1440. :sly:

Naamloos.jpg

I'm also using SRWE 2.3.1. (simple runtime windows editor). Otherwise you can't navigate through the views with this resolution on a 24" monitor.

Resolution is set in video.ini

srhsg.jpg

That is a triple Samsung LC49RG90SSUXEN (49" 32:9, 5120x1440).

Back