Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
i know that, i would like to ad r button to my seq shifter as he had three input as the h shifter for example.....

Ah. I don't believe that is possible in Assetto Corsa, unless the Content Manager wizards have added it as a feature (but I don't believe so).

[QUOTE = "BrandonW77, post: 12912730, member: 148537"] Ah. Je ne crois pas que ce soit possible dans Assetto Corsa, à moins que les assistants de gestion du contenu l'aient ajoutée comme fonctionnalité (mais je ne le crois pas). [/ QUOTE]
thxs sad

I think the problem would be that AC doesn't have a dedicated "reverse" command, so even with joytokey or autohotkey all you could map to it would be "downshift" and you'd still have go down through the gears to get to reverse. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if this is possible. I use my TH8 as a sequential shifter all the time though and it's never been an issue for me to downshift into reverse, and ideally you're not going into reverse very often anyway.

I think the problem would be that AC doesn't have a dedicated "reverse" command, so even with joytokey or autohotkey all you could map to it would be "downshift" and you'd still have go down through the gears to get to reverse. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if this is possible. I use my TH8 as a sequential shifter all the time though and it's never been an issue for me to downshift into reverse, and ideally you're not going into reverse very often anyway.

Yes, there's no direct way I know of.

With Autohotkey, something like that script will send repeated presses so it will get into reverse eventually. Not ideal as it will have some delay - it can probably be a bit less than 100ms per press, maybe 40ms would be enough, but that's still about a 1/3 of a second.

JoyToKey has trouble even doing a double-tap (https://joytokey.net/en/posts/how-t...input-by-just-pressing-a-gamepad-button-once/), and I'm not sure if that trick would work for 7 or 8 presses.

And maybe more reliable. If AC enforces its own delay between shifts it could be different per car - a script with timing that worked fine on one car might not work at all on another.

Hey there people, sort of new to the AC scene: bought the game a long time ago and even played it a little on gamepad, but decided to put the game aside until i get myself a wheel

I mostly play GT Sport and a bit of DiRT Rally (both on PS4) with my T300 RS. Decided to try out AC today (on PC)

Game plays nice, throttle/brake feels a bit different compared to GTS, but it is a matter of practice. What really threw me off is very weak, almost non-existant FFB in reduced grip situations as, for example, drifting. In GTS, when your car loses grip, wheel becomes noticeably heavier and you can kinda feel that small margin between straightening out and losing control, which makes controlling slides/drifts easy (not saying it doesn't take practice, but you get what i mean). In AC, when the car starts to slide, wheel doesn't become heavier and it is quite hard to judge at first when your car starts losing it.

What FFB setting must i change to fix it? Or it isn't a bug but rather a feature of AC?

I'm not a drifter but I never felt the wheel getting heavier in both AC and GTS when correcting slides in oversteer situations. The wheel will naturally want to countersteer itself but it doesn't get any heavier or lighter. In terms of FFB I have a T-GT and I have Gain in profiler 65% (constant & periodic 100%) and Gain in game 100%. All other sliders are zero. Also use FFBClip app to tweak Gain for each car (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/).

The sensation of drifting and timing of countersteer is quite different in AC vs GTS though, so maybe you just need to get used to it a bit more 👍

@OJT6627 If you have enhanced understeer activated in your FFB setting, deactivate it. Your wheel should get a bit lighter when you lose grip but AC can overdo it a little and the enhanced understeer really exaggerates it. I don't think your wheel should ever get heavier when you lose grip, that doesn't sound right and it's not something I've experienced in a real car.

hi guys i need help with content manager

i have "era" car mod velo
when i select brand era car i have all maserati cars with era car ?

thanks

I get this problem also. I assume it's because the game searches anything with "era" in its brand name so "masERAti" gets included too. Not a big issue but would be nice to get fixed I guess.

Was there an update that changed the sound on some of the cars?

I remember seeing a handful of console gameplay videos of the LaFerrari from cockpit cam, where it had beautiful exhaust backfiring effects coupled with loud and aggressive motor sounds, almost sounded like the real thing.

But the version that I'm playing has the LaFerrari sounding like a vacuum cleaner from the first-person views. There's no loud exhaust backfire sound and the transmission whine is so loud and ear-piercing, I can barely hear the engine. This car does not have straight-cut racing gears with adjustable gear ratios in real life or the game. So why does it whine obnoxiously like that?

Same with the Huracan Performante and a few other cars - they don't have any adjustable gear ratios but the trans whine is overbearing.

Any ideas? The LaF just sounds very different from the gameplay videos I viewed several months back.

I do have the latest version - it's the UE. Playing on One-X.

Just tried my assetto corsa again, it's been a while, it's nice to see a solid clean replay on std ps4 compared to pcars2. I prefer also many of the Ferraris in this like the FXXK, f40, also like the 812, 599, F138..
The F40 feels much more believable it seems.
Edit:The 330 also feels better it seems.
I just got the last dlc i still didnt have, the prestige dlc, was regular 9.50cad on discount for 2cad lol, well worth it. 9 cars all pretty nice. The game itself is on a big discount on psn in N.A.
Edit2: racing at vallelunga with the ferrari 312 f1 1967, such a good feel, that 1st right left sweeper after the start line is magic with the 312 sliding just inside the track's edges.
Great cockpit sounds too.
Edit3: trying the Maserati quattroporte gts, my god i can't believe how good it is, feels and sounds soooo believable, especially compared to anything in pc2. Makes you realize how it's on another level completely.
Glad i went back to quality sim, this on ps4 is it, and dr2 for me for believable solid quality racing. It's a gem, so glad this is on ps4. Hope the devs will put out many sims to come on ps4, ps5. I'd get Acc but even much more Ac2. Well both i guess hehe.
Cheers guys, and safe holidays to gtp racesim fans, a mostly reasonnable place to chat, however different views any might have on any game...
Oh also, i was just doing a race with a.i. with same model opponents, and the racing is surprisingly good, the a.i. seems really using the physics and usable performance from the car it uses.

Last edited:
Just tried my assetto corsa again, it's been a while, it's nice to see a solid clean replay on std ps4 compared to pcars2. I prefer also many of the Ferraris in this like the FXXK, f40, also like the 812, 599, F138..
The F40 feels much more believable it seems.
Edit:The 330 also feels better it seems.
I just got the last dlc i still didnt have, the prestige dlc, was regular 9.50cad on discount for 2cad lol, well worth it. 9 cars all pretty nice. The game itself is on a big discount on psn in N.A.
Edit2: racing at vallelunga with the ferrari 312 f1 1967, such a good feel, that 1st right left sweeper after the start line is magic with the 312 sliding just inside the track's edges.
Great cockpit sounds too.
Edit3: trying the Maserati quattroporte gts, my god i can't believe how good it is, feels and sounds soooo believable, especially compared to anything in pc2. Makes you realize how it's on another level completely.
Glad i went back to quality sim, this on ps4 is it, and dr2 for me for believable solid quality racing. It's a gem, so glad this is on ps4. Hope the devs will put out many sims to come on ps4, ps5. I'd get Acc but even much more Ac2. Well both i guess hehe.
Cheers guys, and safe holidays to gtp racesim fans, a mostly reasonnable place to chat, however different views any might have on any game...
Oh also, i was just doing a race with a.i. with same model opponents, and the racing is surprisingly good, the a.i. seems really using the physics and usable performance from the car it uses.

I boot AC from time to time just to hotlap in a select few cars - that's about as much replay value I can get out of it. Now, some of the Ferrari's in AC have been extremely well done, both from a physics and audio standpoint. I feel that the cars even look more up to scale and "real life like" in AC. The F40, 812, 330 and FXX-K are some of the best modelled cars in the game. That acceleration and deceleration/downshifting effects just make me happy as a penguin! Others are really abysmal though: LaFerrari, Huracan, Zonda-R - ironically, these are some of the best sounding cars IRL and both PCARS2 and Forza 7 did them justice. (reg. Huracan, not performante).

The cockpit sounds are downright brilliant although I feel the trans whine stands out far too much in some of the road-going cars. The feel while driving is, I've got to say, probably the best I've felt in any console game.

AC is a great game - as long as you pick a select few of your favourite cars and hotlap the heck out of them - and as long as you can ignore all it's other shortcomings in terms of content and polish. I enjoy each game for what they offer, really. Glad I can experience them all. :D:D

I boot AC from time to time just to hotlap in a select few cars - that's about as much replay value I can get out of it. Now, some of the Ferrari's in AC have been extremely well done, both from a physics and audio standpoint. I feel that the cars even look more up to scale and "real life like" in AC. The F40, 812, 330 and FXX-K are some of the best modelled cars in the game. That acceleration and deceleration/downshifting effects just make me happy as a penguin! Others are really abysmal though: LaFerrari, Huracan, Zonda-R - ironically, these are some of the best sounding cars IRL and both PCARS2 and Forza 7 did them justice. (reg. Huracan, not performante).

The cockpit sounds are downright brilliant although I feel the trans whine stands out far too much in some of the road-going cars. The feel while driving is, I've got to say, probably the best I've felt in any console game.

AC is a great game - as long as you pick a select few of your favourite cars and hotlap the heck out of them - and as long as you can ignore all it's other shortcomings in terms of content and polish. I enjoy each game for what they offer, really. Glad I can experience them all. :D:D
The special events are a lot of fun as well. :)

Saw Assetto Corsa ultimate on sale for the PC on Steam so I picked it up despite my computer being a Dell with a Radeon HD 8600M. It has a quad-core with 12GB of RAM though, so I'm hoping this will work out.

Last edited:
Saw Assetto Corsa ultimate on sale for the PC on Steam so I picked it up despite my computer being a Dell with a Radeon HD 8600M. It has a quad-core with 12GB of RAM though, so I'm hoping this will work out.

It should work just fine. I can run AC on my old non gaming laptop with all the settings turned to the lowest setting or off. There should be some level of settings that will run fine on that if it runs on my old VAIO. Even with Content Manager.

It should work just fine. I can run AC on my old non gaming laptop with all the settings turned to the lowest setting or off. There should be some level of settings that will run fine on that if it runs on my old VAIO. Even with Content Manager.

How much functionality does the free version of content manager give you? I heard it was a paid but there was a lite version. Mostly just want it for installing mods easier.

How much functionality does the free version of content manager give you? I heard it was a paid but there was a lite version. Mostly just want it for installing mods easier.
You're going to want all of Content Manager and you should pay for it. It's a self moderated amount you choose and worth it. If you buy anything for Assetto Corsa, this should be it and these guys deserve every penny. They have took over this Title and have made it ten times the game it was.

Hi, does anybody know how to start the game in VR? Im using Oculus Rift S and Content Manager. Found some setting tutorials online but no guide how to fire up the game in VR...

Edit: just found the solution. Game looks good in VR!

Last edited:
The special events are a lot of fun as well. :)

Oh yeah I was browsing through those the other day bit haven't had a chance to try them cos' I'm always so busy tuning a car and hotlapping the heck out of it. Lose all track of time. I just can't get enough of hotlapping in this game. Simulation experience is almost unreal. 👍

Makes me a little green with envy when I see YT vids of people playing this on PC with all the fantastic tracks and cars that aren't in the console versions - not to mention the really good Fonecker post-release car sounds.

I got it at a real steal, and have been enjoying it immensely since then. It's far superior to PCARS2 IMO, with limited content being the only factor holding it back. I even like the graphical representation of the game, with cars looking very accurate to scale, nice little touches here and there, clean and sharp visuals overall, 60 fps replays and of course those fierce, visceral car sounds and best-in-class physics.

Back