Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
As I was going to post in there before it was locked, my haul of mods I bought today.

__custom_showroom_1579644332.jpg

Personally, I think United Racing Design makes mods that are very competitive with RSS for quality and it's hard for me to decide whether I like the URD or RSS GT1 mods more.

It was 12.09 Canadian for both mods, so I don't think the value per car ratio is quite there in comparison to official packs or other racing game's DLC, but it allows me to enjoy Assetto Corsa that much more, so I think these boys deserve the extra cheddar for labouring their free time away to make such quality stuff.

Last edited:
Any news on a new Assetto on console?
Acc or ac2 or any other?

No actual news but I'm 100% sure (not 99.99) that it will come with PS5/xboxX.

Why you may ask me, so here it goes:
  • Although AC came to consoles couple of years later than the release on PC, and although it is a barebone vanilla version, 52% of AC sales came from the consoles in a record time. So they know the value of the consoles market.
  • Hence, that's why the user interface of ACC is very console/joystick/d-pad friendly because it was designed with consoles in mind.
  • However, unfortunately, ACC is so demanding that even a PC can barely run it decently, so there's no way even a PS4 pro/Xbox one X be able to run it at 60fps.
  • Therefore, expect it for the next gen consoles.

^^ Yes, I'm afraid you may be right because they are limited by what the Xbox One-X can do. AC uses the most complex physics model that I know of on a console and that requires serious computational power - even with the One-X, you will see hiccups now and then, even while hotlapping. So yeah, they probably want to make a huge impact with AC2 just like they did with the first masterpiece, so probably will be on X Series, and most likely no version for One-X.

I expect/think/hope they already have a Devkit and started working on ACC for PS5 and Xbox series X.
And the next-gen consoles are not far away... Less than a year from now... I even expect ACC might be a launch title, or very close to that.

I was watching onboard videos of some nordschleife runs, like the 918.

Tried in Ac on ps4 with g29, it's so spot on, all, the sounds, the bumps, how the car jolts about but not overly twitchy or sliddy like the cars in pc2. And regains grip after bumps and curbs, how the wheel reacts and shakes from that.

Edit: same thing with the Zonda R, i mean it's just about perfect. Makes me wish for an active seat to feel those bumps. Would be crazy immersive I'm sure.

Can't help but think to myself...this is wonderfully good...especially to enjoy this on ps4 sitting comfy in sporty low chair in my living room.

Thank goodness for ac on console. I know it's barebones compared to pc but still so glad. And works great, except for some crashes here and there.

Edit: @Georgeagea encouraging to know sales were so good on console, i didn't expect that was the case. Makes it alot more hopefull for more Ac or Kunos on console in the future then.

Last edited:
I was watching onboard videos of some nordschleife runs, like the 918.

Tried in Ac on ps4 with g29, it's so spot on, all, the sounds, the bumps, how the car jolts about but not overly twitchy or sliddy like the cars in pc2. And regains grip after bumps and curbs, how the wheel reacts and shakes from that.

Edit: same thing with the Zonda R, i mean it's just about perfect. Makes me wish for an active seat to feel those bumps. Would be crazy immersive I'm sure.

Can't help but think to myself...this is wonderfully good...especially to enjoy this on ps4 sitting comfy in sporty low chair in my living room.

Thank goodness for ac on console. I know it's barebones compared to pc but still so glad. And works great, except for some crashes here and there.

Edit: @Georgeagea encouraging to know sales were so good on console, i didn't expect that was the case. Makes it alot more hopefull for more Ac or Kunos on console in the future then.

Agreed, and agreed, Sir!

AC is the closest thing to real-world driving I've experienced on a console - it's practically 1:1 with actual track driving and I absolutely love the fact that they handpicked select cars and modelled them all accurately - from a performance/handling and audio standpoint. (not too big a fan of the unusually loud trans whine in the LaF and some others... eekh!)

I'm also super-happy this exists on consoles, and consider myself lucky to be able to expeience it. I don't mind the car and track roster, it's adequate. And the hours and hours of driving pleasure I can extract out of this game, just one track and one car at a time, is ridiculous. No other driving game or sim on the Xbox One compares, really. And I now finally realize how "fake" PCARS2's physics feel. Forza feels like an arcade game by comparison. Oh well.

I mean every piece of knowledge and experience I apply in AC based on my own driving experiences checks out - the car reacts exactly how I'd expect it to in the real world. Mind-blowing physics simulation, to say the least. These guys really are pros and I think devs like T10 and SMS can learn a LOT from them.

And I haven't had any crashes at all - maybe its a PS4 thing?

Would love to see a second game on consoles. Dooh'eethh Kunos!!

Ohh.. This is interesting, seems a reasonnable simple trade off to a full motion chair. Bit expensive for a vibrating cushion though.
Too bad it seems only for pc?
Im on ps4. Thanks.

Agreed, and agreed, Sir!

AC is the closest thing to real-world driving I've experienced on a console - it's practically 1:1 with actual track driving and I absolutely love the fact that they handpicked select cars and modelled them all accurately - from a performance/handling and audio standpoint. (not too big a fan of the unusually loud trans whine in the LaF and some others... eekh!)

I'm also super-happy this exists on consoles, and consider myself lucky to be able to expeience it. I don't mind the car and track roster, it's adequate. And the hours and hours of driving pleasure I can extract out of this game, just one track and one car at a time, is ridiculous. No other driving game or sim on the Xbox One compares, really. And I now finally realize how "fake" PCARS2's physics feel. Forza feels like an arcade game by comparison. Oh well.

I mean every piece of knowledge and experience I apply in AC based on my own driving experiences checks out - the car reacts exactly how I'd expect it to in the real world. Mind-blowing physics simulation, to say the least. These guys really are pros and I think devs like T10 and SMS can learn a LOT from them.

And I haven't had any crashes at all - maybe its a PS4 thing?

Would love to see a second game on consoles. Dooh'eethh Kunos!!

Yes sir too hehe, agreed all.
Well i love dr2 also with my g29.

Yes, give me Ac2 on ps5 with more tracks as dlc maybe.
And acc or anything they put out.

Hello everyone, I hope you will can help me.

Since the last Windows update, my Assetto Corsa is crashing when my car spawn. I have black or grey screen with the menu or I spawn under the map. And after fiew minutes, the car appear correctly.

I tried everything, my graphic card’s driver is ok, Windows too. I use Content Manager (paid version so last version and CSP 1.39) all worked fine before the Windows update.

I tried to restore Windows before the update too. I cleaned the Windows cache, my DirectX is ok too.
I tried without protection anti-virus too.

The problem persist so I uninstalled assetto and deleted the Assetto's files in "My Documents" and in "Steam's" directory. After that I've reinstalled it, so, it's a "clean vanilla" version. But same problem.

Ok after a test,
I noticed that REAL HEAD MOTION making Content Manager crash too. So I deleted RHM too. But the problem is always here.

Have you got any ideas about this problem ? Anyone else have this bug ?

So thank you in advance drivers !

1580578594-bug-assetto-corsa-1.jpg
1580578565-bug-assetto-corsa-2.jpg

Hey. I really wanted to buy Assetto Corsa for PC just for Mods and all that content but i wonder is my PC is good enough for it to play comfortable. I see that on paper my PC is better than minimum requirments but it is a laptop soooooo it can be misleading.

I am using old Lenovo Y580
Core i7-3630QM 2.40 Ghz
16 GB RAM
Geforce 660M GTX

It was good laptop when it came out but it became very outdated. I wonder if it is sens to play standard AC on it.

Hey. I really wanted to buy Assetto Corsa for PC just for Mods and all that content but i wonder is my PC is good enough for it to play comfortable. I see that on paper my PC is better than minimum requirments but it is a laptop soooooo it can be misleading.

Core i7-3630QM 2.40 Ghz
16 GB RAM
Geforce 660M GTX

It was good laptop when it came out but it became very outdated. I wonder if it is sens to play standard AC on it.

I would recommend just going for it since if you buy it on Steam you can request a refund as long as it's within 14-days of the purchase and under 2 hours of play time.

It worked on my ages old VAIO with a lot of settings switched to low but it worked. Content Manager, Shaders Patch and all.
Still have it on there too. Once you get a better PC just download it on there as well.

Core i7-3630QM 2.40 Ghz
16 GB RAM
Geforce 660M GTX

I have a Lenovo Y50 with similar specs (8GB RAM, GTX 860M) and I can run AC just fine on mostly medium settings. Just make sure you get a cooler stand though because it can get hot really quickly :crazy:

ACC though is a different story. Even on all low settings it struggles with rainy conditions and racing against other cars is out of the question :lol:

Hey Guys,

I can run AC on a pretty Solid 60FPS @ 1440P. I am somewhat thinking about buying a 1440P 144HZ+ monitor.
Does going above 60FPS in AC add a lot to the experience?

I know for shooters it does, but not so sure about racing?

@Emick81
I think it does to the same extent. It's all about the amount of info you get per second, in general. However, in racing, it affects vital info.

If you're driving at 200km/h to reach a turn, that means around 55.55m/s.
That means if you're running at 60fps ==> 55.55/60=0.93m/frame. So you are basically jumping on track per 0.93m each interval/frame. So if you're trying to hit your brake marker, you're a bit bound by that 0.93m and you cannot be very precise too much, you are precise to around 0.93m if you know what I mean.
If you're running at 120fps/hz (of course both monitor and game), then that gets to the half, so you can be precise to the 0.465m.

I drove on 60fps for years (PS4) and now drive in VR at either 45fps or 90fps depending on the game. In general, we cannot argue about the fact that the higher fps the better; and that applies to racing; especially when you go at higher speeds ;)

*raises hand* So...trying to do AI laps on Nordschielfe and for reasons unknown to me, the AI doesn't like to immediately take control of vehicles on that track. It tries to turn and can't seem to figure out what the gas pedal is. Is there anyway to fix this? Is it just because mods?

Wauw, this game is so much more playable on ps5, it is almost an entirely different game... Couldn’t really get the hang of it on my base Ps4, but just booted it up on my ps5 and the difference is night and day!

Now I’m wondering if I should get Competizione as well, I am really fond of the British DLC.

Wauw, this game is so much more playable on ps5, it is almost an entirely different game... Couldn’t really get the hang of it on my base Ps4, but just booted it up on my ps5 and the difference is night and day!

Now I’m wondering if I should get Competizione as well, I am really fond of the British DLC.
I'm gonna put it this way:
I'm not so fond of GT3s, I avoid them as much as possible since every sim out there has them and it's what most people play (look at public online lobbies of AC or PC2 etc...). Despite that, I have now most played hours (based on steam) in ACC although it's one of the newest sims out there. It's THAT good. The quality is phenomenal, but most importantly the community is very active and competitive.

I'm gonna put it this way:
I'm not so fond of GT3s, I avoid them as much as possible since every sim out there has them and it's what most people play (look at public online lobbies of AC or PC2 etc...). Despite that, I have now most played hours (based on steam) in ACC although it's one of the newest sims out there. It's THAT good. The quality is phenomenal, but most importantly the community is very active and competitive.
And that’s regarding Competizione right? Might pick it up then!

British DLC on consoles isn't expected till end spring, and there's a big difference between AC and ACC.

AC is really good, and was ported/developed by Kunos simulazione themselves for the consoles.

ACC is being ported, supported and developed on consoles by D3T LTD studio , it's a real bad porting, lots of bugs, issues and crasches and even the wheel implentation is badly done, part of the rating system broken, button mapping broken, no Autodor system implementation on wheels , replay save errors , framepacing ...and on PS5 quite blurry

I can't recommend ACC on consoles, but do recommend it for PC.
There's a "next gen version" planned, but is also responsible for it the D3T Ldt studio, so only thing that could be improved with those guys is graphics...cause seeing they support (or lack of) it will be same mess as actual ACC console version.

Yeah, jumped back in AC for some practice and a quick race. Really wishing ACC replay graphics look like AC, on my base PS4.

ACC have the better physics, but in replays, the visuals are so much better in AC. Guess I'll have to wait til I get a PS5.

Hi guys can anyone help here ive been playing this on my pc last couple of days using my thrustmaster t150 wheel and pedals fine, but today they wont work, ive got wheel selected in control settings, in options the little slider things move when pressing pedals and steering to show its working, in windows the thrustmaster tool shows the wheel working, just when you get on track nothing works now....not sure whats happened...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Ive tried restarting the computer etc etc...

Hi guys can anyone help here ive been playing this on my pc last couple of days using my thrustmaster t150 wheel and pedals fine, but today they wont work, ive got wheel selected in control settings, in options the little slider things move when pressing pedals and steering to show its working, in windows the thrustmaster tool shows the wheel working, just when you get on track nothing works now....not sure whats happened...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Ive tried restarting the computer etc etc...

I have had similar happen but with GT27. Not sure what causes it. Anyways typically I have to make sure it recognizes the wheel as streering, gas, brake etc instead of a keyboard or button. Maybe your suppose to save setup to configuration file and make sure that's loaded each time - not sure. I am talking about computer version.

I feel like this might be a dumb question but I've found a few things that were needlessly complicated so far...

How do you change livery in a multiplayer lobby on the console (specifically Xbox, if it matters) version of the game?

I did make sure to set it up so lots of different liveries are available.

Last edited:
Been back a lil to ac on ps4, g29.
As always, a jewel. Really like the replays with choices of tv cams.
The static cam is cool, with good 3d sound, doppler, hearing the car pass by and drive into the distance.
Also fits with older cars, tracks for ambiance.
Clean, smooth too.

Ac2 on ps5 has to be my most anticipated sim.
Cant wait to see that.
More cars ,tracks, full pitstops, feedback from team.
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Back