Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Does anyone know how to remove this icon?
View attachment 1142066
J8Pzt49.jpg

khaby-lame-gif.gif

Jk 😅

can someone help me
every time i load a session there is no skybox and the game crashes. i uninstalled, CM and the base game and reinstalled it but it still keeps happening.
is it a graphics card thing?
heres an error message i screencapped
jgfxn.PNG

can someone help me
every time i load a session there is no skybox and the game crashes. i uninstalled, CM and the base game and reinstalled it but it still keeps happening.
is it a graphics card thing?
heres an error message i screencappedView attachment 1142715
When you uninstalled CM did you also delete the folder \<user>\Appdata\Local\ AcTools Content Manager? You should also delete that folder when uninstalling for a clean uninstall. IIRC that folder isn't removed automatically when you uninstall. You should also remove this folder: \<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hey guys, can someone tell me what does Steering Speed, Steering Deadzone, Steering Filter and Steering Gamma do?

I'm trying to set up the controller settings so it feels similar to GT7. Getting a wheel is out of the question as of this moment.

I saw a few videos on youtube but I still couldn't get the feel just right. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

This is my settings right now :

IMG_20220926_220307.jpg

Last edited:

New release for my reshade reality mod. In this update you'll find a new TV onboard preset that tributes Magnussen pole lap at interlagos

Please like and subscribe, and follow me on racedepartment ;)

Enjoy!

I've just bought the PC Ultimate version on Steam for £6.09 or something close to that, 90% off couldn't be argued with. Can't wait to get some classic GT tracks downloaded and see what sort of road cars take my fancy.

I take it that like the console version, it's not pad friendly and I'll be best off using my G29?

Last edited:
VXR
I've just bought the PC Ultimate version on Steam for £6.09 or something close to that, 90% off couldn't be argued with. Can't wait to get some classic GT tracks downloaded and see what sort of road cars take my fancy.

I take it that like the console version, it's not pad friendly and I'll be best off using my G29?
You're going to want to use a wheel since you have one. You've come this far. Plenty of people use controllers though. I think you might just have to adapt different settings to certain cars.
Just getting into it, there's a LOT to process though. The one piece of advice I can give you is don't start spending money on every car you see. The new trend is all this patreon membership crap. Concentrate on getting Content Manager and CSP up and running, find the enormous amount of free content out there and get familiar with the subset of communities that exist. For example the ones on discord.
Have fun!

VXR

From experience AC is actually pretty good and enjoyable on a pad. Way more so than most other racing sims.

Since getting my new PC, I been playing more "Assetto Corsa" than I previously have. I am struggling mightily trying to win races, but I am at least enjoying what I didn't get to enjoy much on my previous PC. Most of my AC experience previously has been in making skins for the default vehicles in AC. This game was primarily designed for the adept sim racer, but even I have had some enjoyment using a basic XBOX One controller.

The only mod vehicles I have are one of the Ginetta GT mods and the Ford Transit mods. I downloaded my first mod location recently- Weatherford. Most of what I am considering adding as mods relates to one Twitch channel that runs random races with random sets of vehicles. I will be looking for as many different mods sure to spur my interest.

I realize Assetto Corsa is neither the GTR series or the rFactor series in terms of being a pure racing simulator. Many will say that's why we have Assetto Corsa Competizione. Some other AC gamers focus more on drifting or open-world driving instead. For the life of me, though, I can't seem to win a single race. I even have the AI strength at 80%. Either the AI gets to be too tough, or I have real problems trying to keep from spinning out too much or losing control. Some other sim racing games are a tad more forgiving for those not adept at sim racing.

As for performance on my newer PC, I can get on about 16 total cars to most tracks without getting notices for > 99 CPU usage. I enabled Post Production for if I'd like to do some Photo Mode stuff from replays. I don't need intense graphical details for my play. I may not even need massive fields of cars. Despite all of this, Assetto Corsa plays very well on my new PC. With word of an "Assetto Corsa 2" in the works, I am enjoying as much of the first Assetto Corsa as I can, ancient as some think of it as.

Since getting my new PC, I been playing more "Assetto Corsa" than I previously have. I am struggling mightily trying to win races, but I am at least enjoying what I didn't get to enjoy much on my previous PC. Most of my AC experience previously has been in making skins for the default vehicles in AC. This game was primarily designed for the adept sim racer, but even I have had some enjoyment using a basic XBOX One controller.

The only mod vehicles I have are one of the Ginetta GT mods and the Ford Transit mods. I downloaded my first mod location recently- Weatherford. Most of what I am considering adding as mods relates to one Twitch channel that runs random races with random sets of vehicles. I will be looking for as many different mods sure to spur my interest.

I realize Assetto Corsa is neither the GTR series or the rFactor series in terms of being a pure racing simulator. Many will say that's why we have Assetto Corsa Competizione. Some other AC gamers focus more on drifting or open-world driving instead. For the life of me, though, I can't seem to win a single race. I even have the AI strength at 80%. Either the AI gets to be too tough, or I have real problems trying to keep from spinning out too much or losing control. Some other sim racing games are a tad more forgiving for those not adept at sim racing.

As for performance on my newer PC, I can get on about 16 total cars to most tracks without getting notices for > 99 CPU usage. I enabled Post Production for if I'd like to do some Photo Mode stuff from replays. I don't need intense graphical details for my play. I may not even need massive fields of cars. Despite all of this, Assetto Corsa plays very well on my new PC. With word of an "Assetto Corsa 2" in the works, I am enjoying as much of the first Assetto Corsa as I can, ancient as some think of it as.
Where are you getting mods from?

Where are you getting mods from?
I mostly use RaceDepartment. I haven't used it in a while when I uploaded some skins for some of the vehicles originally published by Kunos Simulazioni on RD. It's the biggest and safest one to use. There is also Assetto Corsa Mods and an Assetto Corsa Club that are popular. Just look up those two sites for AC mods.

[UPDATE] I forgot to include Assetto Corsa Club. Added to post.

Last edited:
It is "ancient" but it's still good. :D lol
One thing about AC is that there is a myriad of settings that you can work with to get the best performance on your PC. It may take some time finding those but you'll get what works for you sooner or later.

Race Department is OK. What's even better is Discord if you have it. I can send you guys some invites to a server or 2 that would get you a TON of content. Especially if you're just starting out.

You know, I'm starting to like the Audi TT Cup car. It's pretty fun to drive and even has some push-to-pass. I found out what you mapped to the KERS system utilizes the push-to-pass. This race car isn't blindingly fast, so you can afford to not feel like you're strapped into a hypercar.

I sort of like how every vehicle in Assetto Corsa aren't just vehicles; they are experiences. What you experience driving the E30 BMW is different from driving LaFerrari or any of the Group C sportscars.

I finally won my first race in Assetto Corsa! I did two different races with the Audi TTRS VLN race car at Highlands Short, both one-on-one races with the same car. I whacked the other driver in the first race, so it didn't really feel legit a win. The other one was a clean win.

I made some of my past tracks for another game to be used in Unity3D. Now that I have an idea of how to make race tracks for Assetto Corsa, I may try to convert my tracks to be raced in Assetto Corsa. I think I may need to make one course as a proof-of-concept before attempting to go bonkers with other maps I created.

To anyone on the fence about getting "Assetto Corsa," I say get it. Assetto Corsa is almost literally a vehicle simulator with you can use for almost any purpose- driving, racing, drifting, rally, drag racing, you name it. It has the slogan of "Your Racing Simulator" for a reason. I felt so good about AC that I bought this game for Christmas as well as all the downloadable content available for it at the time. Even for a fairly old game, it is still played and loved among many a sim racer. I don't know about this game for console, but I'm sure it is worth a look-see if you are a console gamer.

I played Assetto Corsa on my ancient Logitech Driving Force Pro. People say AC is best suited for wheels, and I can see why. The driving feel is more natural. I even laid down some better laps in hotlap sessions with the wheel than I have with the gamepad. For example, I landed a personal best of 49 seconds around Highlands Short using the Taatus formula car with a wheel, when I previously did about 52 seconds at best on a controller on the same track with the same car. True sim racing can be an exercise. Got a wheel? Play Assetto Corsa with a wheel and race your heart out!

More musings of mine coming up.

My Assetto Corsa experience of late is more about trying to learn to drive certain cars. Since I am not as experienced sim racing with a wheel, I had a lot to learn. The more powerful cars can be an absolute handful. I previously had a problem where I felt I had to keep resetting my steering wheel configuration when I start Assetto Corsa. So what I did was delete my game pad configuration, leaving my wheel setup. Now the game remembers the wheel setup as the main setup.

As for my driving adventures, I am impressed with the Taatus formula car. As a car with no ABS or TCS, it is a very basic and enjoyable pure race car. Open-wheel is my weakest racing discipline. I always seemed to enjoy slower formula cars than I do more powerful ones. Most powerful ones I usually enjoy racing are Formula 3 cars. Inexperienced wheel racing me... I tried hot lapping Spa-Francorchamps in a modern Ferrari F1 car, and I was absolute trash. It's a combination of trying to wrestle the immense power and grip while also trying to properly keep the car on the track long enough. I simply can't do a clean lap or consistently clean lap in an overpowered supercar, hypercar, prototype, or F1 car. Then too, even some older cars are tough to drive. I'll surely have to practice more.

The modern FIAT Abarths are simple to drive. I also like the Audi TT Cup car and the Audi TTRS VLN car. The Toyota GT86 is pretty cool also. I found the R34 Skyline and the Nissan GT-R GT3 to be very composed. The same applies for the SCG machines. On game pad, I was impressed with the capabilities of the Audi e-Tron prototype.

Besides all of this, I am also interested in making my first track for any real sim racing game. Great thing about Assetto Corsa is that I can mod in Blender and be able to not have to use 3D Studio Max or something (like with rFactor) to get it into the game. I'll have to make a proof-of-concept track before making something of more desirable quality.

One thing I kind of found out is that you can have one control profile for multiple devices. So I could use the same profile to configure my XBOX One gamepad controls and my Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel instead of having to have two different profiles for two different devices. Using and choosing between my gamepad and wheel means I will be better able to actually control machines I race better.

Because the track I used for proof-of-concept modding purposes is a vintage-style track, I started using a number of older vehicles on it. The focus was on Assetto Corsa vehicles between 1960s and... maybe the 1980s. The track I created still needs to be profiled better. Yet still, I had a blast using some of the 1960s through 1970s Porsche race cars. Though she's a bit feisty, the Ferrari 330/P4, one of my all-time favorite cars, did very well around my track. Later on, I saw how composed the Porsche 962C (short tail) was around my track after I used a custom Pan-Am livery I made for it.

I later used more modern vehicles and have enjoyed most of the Audis in the game. The e-Tron LMP is WILD. You know what's wilder? The Ferrari SF70H. This car held its own nicely on my created course. It wasn't perfect, but at least I spent more time driving than trying to recover from spins or falling off the track and into the Shadow Realm.

Just to say I did it, I may want to try to make my own vehicle (rudimentary, of course). I'll talk about that more in the AC Mods thread.

I enabled Developer Mode for Assetto Corsa. I also downloaded the CSP (Custom Shaders Patch) as well. For a moment, I was not able to find my apps for the game. I also got an odometer app for AC to detect the length of my proof-of-concept track I modeled for AC. After doing some editing of the app to convert from kilometers to miles, I got a better look at how long any course I develop is. I have not utilized the CSP yet as of the time of this post.

I just got a quest 2 (and a new PC recently) and finally got try AC in VR. Absolutely mindblowing when you're on track (the lack of VR menus sucks to be honest)

It's me back into my favorite sim. I might need to redownload the tons of mods I had on my previous computer.

Last edited:
My tires stay blue and the pressure numbers stay blue just about on every car for an entire 10 lap race. I've got tire warmers checked and on the grid the pressures are up and the tires are green. But once the race starts they go blue almost immediately starting with the fronts. If I try and add pressure in the pits to about 27psi, the psi will go to maybe 31 and the number gets orange but the tire itself still stays blue.

I don't know if that's affecting handling or not as I can't get the tires to green status to see how that feels. I figure true stone cold tires would make the car feel like it's on ice and I'm not getting that but I don't think GT cars handle very well to begin with in the game. The Porsche 919 is horrible and it does indeed feel like it has cold tires the entire time I'm driving it.

Also what is the narrow colored strip next to each tire? Is that brake temperature?

Back