Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,087,929 views
Guys anyone have fast setup for McLaren MP12 GT3 for Imola? :) Would be greatly appreciated!
 
Do you get the stuttering on vanilla tracks or on modded tracks? Are you using vanilla cars or modded cars?
Some mods are very demanding.
I get stuttering on both mods and the standard content.
 
My rig starts to take major hits when I play on Lake Louise for example. Nordschleife also gets a little stuttery at time, but other than that I cannot complain about stuttering at all.

I think the version of Kunos will be better optimized than the version of the Nordschleife currently available. I actually do not like Snoopy's version that much. Nice effort nonetheless.
 
I think the version of Kunos will be better optimized than the version of the Nordschleife currently available. I actually do not like Snoopy's version that much. Nice effort nonetheless.

Yeah, obviously. But personally I love Snoopy's Nordschleife, one of, if not the most accurate mods I've ever driven on.
I just hope that Kunos' NS lives up to this, which it should, since it's going to be a DLC :D

I get stuttering on both mods and the standard content.

Mhm, that's odd. Every tried to tone down the details or anything? A triple monitor setup seems a little steep for a 7950 to be perfectly honest.
 
Yeah, obviously. But personally I love Snoopy's Nordschleife, one of, if not the most accurate mods I've ever driven on.
I just hope that Kunos' NS lives up to this, which it should, since it's going to be a DLC :D



Mhm, that's odd. Every tried to tone down the details or anything? A triple monitor setup seems a little steep for a 7950 to be perfectly honest.
Well that's the first I have heard that, but I do relies more powerful cards have come to market since I purchased a little over a year ago.
 
Well that's the first I have heard that, but I do relies more powerful cards have come to market since I purchased a little over a year ago.

Yeah, the HD7950 is now starting to show it's age. It's probably still fairly potent in a single monitor setup, but a triple 1080p (?) setup? I think that's pushing it a little too far, but then again any triple monitor setup on a single card is really pushing it.

I'd start with toning down the details a little. What CPU do you have? Is the card overclocked, what are the temps on the card?
 
I5 2500k with sapphire 7950 3gb, 16gb of ram. The CPU has no overclock as it doesn't need it and the GPU is overclocked to 1050 and 1350 with the temps during gaming of about 72 degrees, so I don't see that as an issue, but I have unclocked the card with similar results.
 
MY AC runs very smooth locked at 58FPS on an single screen and maxed out. But sometimes, maybe every 5 minutes, I get a mad stutter and the image freezez for half a second. It looks like it jumps some FPS.

I have an SSD, 8GB Ram, an Xeon 1231V3 and an R9 280x. I locked it on 58 FPS and dont use Vsync. But it probably can be an App problem too. Have installed 5-6 apps.

Mine locks at around 65 but jumps up to 70 sometimes.

- i7 4770k
- GTX 770 ACX 2GB
- 16GB Ram
 
I5 2500k with sapphire 7950 3gb, 16gb of ram. The CPU has no overclock as it doesn't need it and the GPU is overclocked to 1050 and 1350 with the temps during gaming of about 72 degrees, so I don't see that as an issue, but I have unclocked the card with similar results.

Well, Sandy Bridge CPU's are really good at overclocking, so I'd might try to sqeeze out a little bit more power out of it. I asked for the temps, simply because the choppiness could be an indicator of thermal throttling, but I think 72°C is okay for that card. I personally think that the card itself really is the bottleneck for the triple monitor setup. Try to score a second 7950 or get something like a 290 if you really are annoyed by these frame dips.
 
I think the version of Kunos will be better optimized than the version of the Nordschleife currently available. I actually do not like Snoopy's version that much. Nice effort nonetheless.
I'm not a big fan of Snoopy's version either as I have driven the Nordschlrife but he did a great job none the less, he seemed to really exaggerated the elevations in his map to give the player a more actuate feel of what they are in real life I'm assuming.
 
Great interview. I share his feeling on how they've progressed with the licensing. I've tried to let new comers in the past know how far they've come and its just incredible when you think how NKP was.

I hope they get Oulton park.
 
Jav
I hate to give ISR a view, but at least it's an Andreas interview and not Mr. Big D!
Tell me about it. Last I heard he was trying to sell off ISR to Jason, might as well sell it to Andreas. He'd be a way better host, as robotic as he sometimes is. :P
 
I know that AC is not finished and i know that it is not optimized yet (thats the reason why i said that). But the Team behind rFactor wasnt big too but still it runs very good. netKar Pro (from the same guys who are making Assetto Corsa now) was running way better than AC.

I dont want it on the same level with games like Grid from big companies, iam only talking about the Basics.

Instead of modelling new cars tracks etc. they should first optimize the game so that playing is possible. I cant do anything with new cars and tracks if i cant play them ; ) you get my point ?

I have a PC which runs EVERY game on Ultra without any problems. Crysis 3, Crysis 1 with mods, new games like Ryse Son of Rome , all of them are running on Ultra.

Assetto Corsa is the only game on my PC with low fps and lags...
 
About optimisation.. I bought AC yesterday because I just couldn't wait anymore. But I don't really have a computer yet only my three year old non gaming laptop with integrated graphics. :P Well, it turns out it can actually run AC on the lowest settings! Crazy stuff, had some fun today even trying it out online. But definitely getting a better PC before digging deeper in to it. ^^
 
About optimisation.. I bought AC yesterday because I just couldn't wait anymore. But I don't really have a computer yet only my three year old non gaming laptop with integrated graphics. :p Well, it turns out it can actually run AC on the lowest settings! Crazy stuff, had some fun today even trying it out online. But definitely getting a better PC before digging deeper in to it. ^^

Be happy, I couldn't play it for 1 year because I bought on day-two when I still had my 5 years old laptop and I had only 7-10 fps with lowest settings and 800x600 resolution (the screen was 1366x768)...
Now with this new PC in which I spent 750€ by buying parts from 0 (even monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc) on April, I'm running it in some sort of high settings (almost maxed out) on 60 to 80 fps.
 
Tell me about it. Last I heard he was trying to sell off ISR to Jason, might as well sell it to Andreas. He'd be a way better host, as robotic as he sometimes is. :p
What!!!? Is an amateur Youtube show even worth anything?
 
I know that AC is not finished and i know that it is not optimized yet (thats the reason why i said that). But the Team behind rFactor wasnt big too but still it runs very good. netKar Pro (from the same guys who are making Assetto Corsa now) was running way better than AC.

I dont want it on the same level with games like Grid from big companies, iam only talking about the Basics.

Instead of modelling new cars tracks etc. they should first optimize the game so that playing is possible. I cant do anything with new cars and tracks if i cant play them ; ) you get my point ?

I have a PC which runs EVERY game on Ultra without any problems. Crysis 3, Crysis 1 with mods, new games like Ryse Son of Rome , all of them are running on Ultra.

Assetto Corsa is the only game on my PC with low fps and lags...

Yo must be doing something wrong, unless you use Tripple Screen for AC? I can run AC on max settings with 40-50 FPS on Full HD with 16 cars on track. Graphics card is R9 280x and CPU Intel Xeon 1231V3. With just a bit reduced settings like medium smoke, reduced faces and reduced aa I get 80-90 FPS.
 
Jav
What!!!? Is an amateur Youtube show even worth anything?

Not if Darin Gangi is involved. Better watch stuff like SimPit.
Just don't support Mr. Gangi aka Mr. Thinking he's a big deal.

Yo must be doing something wrong, unless you use Tripple Screen for AC? I can run AC on max settings with 40-50 FPS on Full HD with 16 cars on track. Graphics card is R9 280x and CPU Intel Xeon 1231V3. With just a bit reduced settings like medium smoke, reduced faces and reduced aa I get 80-90 FPS.

Same here, unless I'm playing on Lake Louise I'm getting solid 60FPS on high settings with my 3570k and HD6850
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yo must be doing something wrong, unless you use Tripple Screen for AC? I can run AC on max settings with 40-50 FPS on Full HD with 16 cars on track. Graphics card is R9 280x and CPU Intel Xeon 1231V3. With just a bit reduced settings like medium smoke, reduced faces and reduced aa I get 80-90 FPS.

I don't think that i did something wrond, and my pc settings are right.

AC is the only game where i have this problem.
A proof that it is not optimized yet is at the start of a race when the cars spin the tires and smoke comes in. The fps is dropping to 30 or lower just because of the smoke WOW
Popups, micro lags, stutter, unknowable frame drops....
I will wait for version1.0 and then we will see.
 
I don't think that i did something wrond, and my pc settings are right.

AC is the only game where i have this problem.
A proof that it is not optimized yet is at the start of a race when the cars spin the tires and smoke comes in. The fps is dropping to 30 or lower just because of the smoke WOW
Popups, micro lags, stutter, unknowable frame drops....
I will wait for version1.0 and then we will see.

So everybody defines low FPS different. From my old PC gaming days, 5-10 years back, I know what low FPS are. So I thought you were getting 10-20FPS in AC. I am fine with 50-60 FPS, I dont need more. But yeah, of course the game must be optimised way better.
 
So everybody defines low FPS different. From my old PC gaming days, 5-10 years back, I know what low FPS are. So I thought you were getting 10-20FPS in AC. I am fine with 50-60 FPS, I dont need more. But yeah, of course the game must be optimised way better.
; ) yeah the good old days, most of my games didnt even started, i double clicked on them , the screen went black and after that i got the .exe error :D
 
^^^^ same here. Shiny copy of C&C red alert 2, and bam! Error pop up. :lol:

So everybody defines low FPS different. From my old PC gaming days, 5-10 years back, I know what low FPS are. So I thought you were getting 10-20FPS in AC. I am fine with 50-60 FPS, I dont need more. But yeah, of course the game must be optimised way better.


I think to get the most accuracy from steering wheel, you need at least 70fps to avoid steering lag. But I guess if you're comfortable with with 60 during online, it's fine.
 
^^^^ same here. Shiny copy of C&C red alert 2, and bam! Error pop up. :lol:




I think to get the most accuracy from steering wheel, you need at least 70fps to avoid steering lag. But I guess if you're comfortable with with 60 during online, it's fine.

Hmm never heared anything about that steering lag has to do with FPS? I know with Vsync you can get steering lag but what you said is new to me.
 
Not if Darin Gangi is involved. Better watch stuff like SimPit.
Just don't support Mr. Gangi aka Mr. Thinking he's a big deal.
God I really dislike that guy... I unsubbed from the channel back when the whole Daytona 2.4 mess happened. I hope Simpit gets bigger that ISR ever was, afterall the only 2 good things that show had are long gone!
 
I think to get the most accuracy from steering wheel, you need at least 70fps to avoid steering lag. But I guess if you're comfortable with with 60 during online, it's fine.
60 fps shouldn't give you any "lag" at all, I'm pretty sure the physics engine runs on a Hz frequence much higher than this. A normal monitor, as most people have, can't display more than 60 fps anyway.
 
^^^^ same here. Shiny copy of C&C red alert 2, and bam! Error pop up. :lol:

I think to get the most accuracy from steering wheel, you need at least 70fps to avoid steering lag. But I guess if you're comfortable with with 60 during online, it's fine.
In pCARS the physics is running at 600 Hz (CPU driven) and can be shown on-screen. I am running triples, and while I may dip below 60 FPS at times the physics is a steady 600 Hz.
 
Last edited:
I'm assuming you meant 600 Hz rather than 600 MHz. A physics tick rate of 600 MHz would be rather excessive as it would be over a million times faster than in any other current sim :p
 
Back