Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,093 comments
Aston martin vantage AMR 2020
https://mega.nz/#!UVERlQAa!KwcT6vv-PyhGUNUJ3-cC9b-wyUgriTEUF0TAhmfCU-M
Version 0.7 of 1.0 physics are nearly done. If the skins suck it's because i made them. they should improve soon hopfully.
lots of the data is from aston martins page on the car, i even found the exact differential power/coast and gear ratios. and the engine is exact, including the less torque the AMR makes because of its fragile manual gearbox. and i added shift animations.
Please give any feedback on the car, so far nurburgring time is 7:23 on cup 2 R tire
upload_2020-1-15_5-26-38.png upload_2020-1-15_5-27-57.png upload_2020-1-15_5-28-22.png upload_2020-1-15_5-28-46.png

hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

Nope you're definitely not alone with this. I see a mod I haven't got..I'm downloading it and adding it to my list even though I know I'll probably never use it. Or it just ends up being used once and assigned to the bin unless it really is a good one lol. Also making skins has become my thing so I spend more time reading up on how to do something or trying to make a skin only to delete it and start again cause I messed up or learned something new. Either that or I'm on here chatting and reading all the posts lol.

Last edited:
hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

I often find myself supervising my 1500 cars, one by one, fixing whatever I can fix (mostly texture updates, since it's kinda my thing), only to let all cars sit there. Right now I'm doing what I can hopefully consider my last round of checking and fixing stuff, also doing those helmets overlays. When all that is over, maybe, just maybe, it will be time to enjoy the game.

Nope you're definitely not alone with this. I see a mod I haven't got..I'm downloading it and adding it to my list even though I know I'll probably never use it. Or it just ends up being used once and assigned to the bin unless it really is a good one lol. Also making skins has become my thing so I spend more time reading up on how to do something or trying to make a skin only to delete it and start again cause I messed up or learned something new. Either that or I'm on here chatting and reading all the posts lol.
I too realized this a while back. My time was %90 modding/tinkering and %10 actually racing. My cars and tracks list was more of a collection than categorized grids.
Now I'm going Fanapryde's route of installing (almost) only racing cars. I tend to remove a mod immediately after testing if I don't like it.
Safi Hellie made a suggestion a while back about using grid presets. I found it very useful. Without presets, I forgot about packs/grids I have anyway.

I too realized this a while back. My time was %90 modding/tinkering and %10 actually racing. My cars and tracks list was more of a collection than categorized grids.
Now I'm going the Fanapryde's route of installing (almost) only racing cars. I tend to remove a mod immediately after testing if I don't like it.
Safi Hellie made a suggestion a while back about using grid presets. I found it very useful. Without presets, I forgot about packs/grids I have anyway.
I've never used grid presets and have no idea what they are lol....I have a mixture of street cars and racing cars as I like to drive both, and in fact when I do drive on AC I tend to gravitate towards driving street cars unless I am actually doing some racing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although I'm more of a lurker around here :P

I've been considering starting over with my install though, and only limiting myself to the cars and tracks that I actually use. Would surely free up some disk space, if nothing else. But then I think about how pointless that would be, because I'll continue downloading every new car or track that I see. The addiction is real!

I've never used grid presets and have no idea what they are lol....I have a mixture of street cars and racing cars as I like to drive both, and in fact when I do drive on AC I tend to gravitate towards driving street cars unless I am actually doing some racing.
For example, when Rollovers released their IMSA endurance mod I created a preset for it. When I select it, all cars appear as opponents.
Here's a how to in MS Paint glory:
upload_2020-1-15_16-28-32.png

Other possible presets for AC:
DTM Classics
DTM 2008
TCL Legends
Super GT (If I can manage to BoP the cars though)
WTCR/TCR etc.
Various F1 seasons
Legion's packs (like FIA 2004)
And many other ideas...

Yes / Yes! The CM is much, much better than the original game! Incidentally, I also succumbed to addiction! I no longer count my cars and go the other way: my PC only belongs to AC! I relegated everything else to my laptop!

Fractor 2 is expected to have the most votes.
It 's really the best forcefeedback today.
You are entitled to prefer any FFB for any reason that make you like that particular FFB when driving a SIM. That would make that preferred FFB the best for you.
However the question for the vote is not which FFB is best, it is which FFB is more realistic. So when driving a real car which FFB in a SIM is closest to that feeling. If your wheel in your car feels more like what a SIM wheel feels when using RF2 than when using AC then if you voted for RF2 being more realistic your vote represent what you believe, congratulation.

I've been considering starting over with my install though, and only limiting myself to the cars and tracks that I actually use. Would surely free up some disk space, if nothing else

or get a bigger disk.:D

For example, when Rollovers released their IMSA endurance mod I created a preset for it. When I select it, all cars appear as opponents.
Here's a how to in MS Paint glory:
View attachment 881799
Other possible presets for AC:
DTM Classics
DTM 2008
TCL Legends
Super GT (If I can manage to BoP the cars though)
WTCR/TCR etc.
Various F1 seasons
Legion's packs (like FIA 2004)
And many other ideas...

I've never looked at that bit.....cheers for pointing it out.
There's just so much good stuff in CM and I'll probably never use it to it's full potential!!

Last edited:
AIM Vasser Sullivan Daytona 2020 Skinpack
OK, I'm a bit lost/confused here :rolleyes:

If I add these skins to the car (I followed the @ELEMENT1999 instructions to have only 1 numberplate showing in preview and showroom, which worked fine for all included skins) ---> I get two numberplates: a Blancpain #23 and a Weathertech #12 or 14 (no endulights because the change of kn5 as instructed/suggested).
In game: cars show both their respective #12 and #14 Blancpain numberplates, no endulights
preview_o.jpg

Now:
If I add these skins to a newly installed Lexus (without changes to car/skin/extensions) ---> I get two Blancpain #23 numberplates for each skin in showroom/preview, both skins show endurance lights too.
Ingame: the #12 has one Weatertech #12 numberplate and the #14 has one Weathertech #14 numberplate, both have endulights.
preview_n.jpg

This is the first time ever I stumble upon this kind of issue...

OK, I'm a bit lost/confused here :rolleyes:

If I add these skins to the car (I followed the @ELEMENT1999 instructions to have only 1 numberplate showing in preview and showroom, which worked fine for all included skins) ---> I get two numberplates: a Blancpain #23 and a Weathertech #12 or 14 (no endulights because the change of kn5 as instructed/suggested).
In game: cars show both their respective #12 and #14 Blancpain numberplates, no endulights
Now:
If I add these skins to a newly installed Lexus (without changes to car/skin/extensions) ---> I get two Blancpain #23 numberplates for each skin in showroom/preview, both skins show endurance lights too.
Ingame: the #12 has one Weatertech #12 numberplate and the #14 has one Weathertech #14 numberplate, both have endulights.
This is the first time ever I stumble upon this kind of issue...

for me its only the normal skin, i have all others gone now, with the config file. i didnt do anything with my kn5 at all.
Screenshot_lexus_rcf_gt3_acc_daytona_2017_15-1-120-1-1-55.jpg

for me its only the normal skin, i have all others gone now, with the config file. i didnt do anything with my kn5 at all.

Well, yeah, as I wrote, in game it is normal, like in your picture. But the way I fixed it following the tip about the especially included extra kn5 files worked for all the included skins, sadly not for the ones you made. I tried removing the ext.config ini, replacing it with the one from the other skins, no luck...
I just noticed others on RD have the same issue.

Edit: forgot to say: also tried adding @slider666 solution: no luck.

Edit2: @MrBoo provided me with a WIP kn5 that made it possible to make previews for the new skin. The other kn5 works for previews for the original skins. Let's see how new skins to come will act upon this.

What a mess this car is !

Last edited:
hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this

You are not alone being concerned by spending too much time collecting and not enough enjoying the driving. I have changed my habits about 3 month ago after realizing that car collecting was getting in the way of my driving.

Instead of downloading either new car/track or update and use them, I just store them, not even in my cars folder, separate drive with a special indexing. I still try a few, but not often. The reason I store them is that I see what is happening presently as a flood, flood don't last. So by storing, when the volume of new mods for AC will trickle, I will dig back in my vault and play with them at my leisure, therefore insuring the right mix of driving and mod exploring.

Well, yeah, as I wrote, in game it is normal, like in your picture. But the way I fixed it following the tip about the especially included extra kn5 files worked for all the included skins, sadly not for the ones you made. I tried removing the ext.config ini, replacing it with the one from the other skins, no luck...
I just noticed others on RD have the same issue.

Edit: forgot to say: also tried adding @slider666 solution: no luck.

aSTXsWP.jpg

I messed with the kn5 in 3dsimed and deleted the numberplate objects...exported a new kn5 and just replaced the one in the main Lexus folder.

Number plates have now gone lol

I often find myself supervising my 1500 cars, one by one, fixing whatever I can fix (mostly texture updates, since it's kinda my thing), only to let all cars sit there. Right now I'm doing what I can hopefully consider my last round of checking and fixing stuff, also doing those helmets overlays. When all that is over, maybe, just maybe, it will be time to enjoy the game.

In psychoanalytic circles it's called 're-arranging your sock drawer.'

Yeah it's always had the chicanes as far as I'm aware. Well it did when I went round it and that was in 1999 I think.
As you can see from the illustration, the gray lines are the original layout. I've never understood the purpose of chicanes. The argument that adding more corners slows the cars down and is therefore safer falls apart when you realize that corners are where (and why) 90% of the accident happen.

As you can see from the illustration, the gray lines are the original layout. I've never understood the purpose of chicanes. The argument that adding more corners slows the cars down and is therefore safer falls apart when you realize that corners are where (and why) 90% of the accident happen.

Well my mate spun on the first corner so yeah I can agree with that...and yeah I've always wondered why they put the chicanes in to slow cars down when, as you said, it's the corners where most crashes happen. Then again, maybe it is just to make sure you're not barrelling into a corner at 180mph instead of 120mph lol

Aston martin vantage AMR 2020
https://mega.nz/#!UVERlQAa!KwcT6vv-PyhGUNUJ3-cC9b-wyUgriTEUF0TAhmfCU-M
Version 0.7 of 1.0 physics are nearly done. If the skins suck it's because i made them. they should improve soon hopfully.
lots of the data is from aston martins page on the car, i even found the exact differential power/coast and gear ratios. and the engine is exact, including the less torque the AMR makes because of its fragile manual gearbox. and i added shift animations.
Please give any feedback on the car, so far nurburgring time is 7:23 on cup 2 R tire
View attachment 881785 View attachment 881787 View attachment 881788 View attachment 881789

@megolito May I ask, just for my curiousity, where the original model belongs to? I don´t think you build these cars from scratch, don´t you?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back