Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,064 comments
Hey Mike, are you using VR yet? The Oculus Rift completely changed my perception of what can be experienced with motorsport sims. Be sure to work that into your build strategy going forward........👍

Don't have any VR yet, as I've only fairly recently bought an old gaming rig very cheap (200aud, which is about 160usd, or 110gbp), and while it is a hell of a rig for what it owes me, it's nowhere near VR territory. But my next rig will be much more future-proof, so it will be built with VR capability in mind for sure. I scored an old Apple Power Mac G5 for free a few months ago, and since I love the case on those old things, I've gutted it ready to modify it to house a PC. My next build will progress fairly slowly, as I'm a father of two with way too many hobbies and expenses, and not enough funds in my life lol. This is why I jumped on the opportunity to buy the cheap rig, as I was desperate to get away from console gaming, and didn't want to have to wait 'till I'd built an expensive rig. Hence why I want to maximise the potential of the old rig, so it's as good as it can be while I slowly build a beast. Even with such a modest rig (i3 4360, 8gb ddr3 1600, gtx 770 4gb) PC gaming has been an eye opener after gaming exclusively on consoles for years. I thought such a low-spec rig would struggle with modern games, but it actually blows my PS4 away, which is kinda sad lol. Turns out any old potato is better to game on than current gen consoles :lol:.

Honest to God, some days I spend more time in Content Manager than I do on the race track... :lol: I like to mess around with the custom showrooms, which I guess is kind of like that GTSport feature where you can put a car into a pretty scene. :P I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the heck out of the PC version of AC. 👍 Favorite mods? Gosh that's really tough...Here are just a few that I would hate to lose...

Tracks:
Bilster Berg
Bridgehampton
Algarve International Circuit
Akina 2017 (check out videos from @rcallsign - he can fly down this road)
Riverside
Alto Tajo (use the realistic traffic layout...its a freakin' blast - until you get into a head-on collision that is! :lol:)
Ebisu East (Higashi)
Ebisu West (Nishi)
Longford '67

Man, I could keep going and going... Unfortunately, you and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding cars. I don't drive ANY modern open-wheel cars. They're just too fast for me. I'm sure I could get more comfortable in time, but I just love the older cars and street cars way too much. Old open-wheel are awesome... Like Lotus 49.

Cars:
Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota
Lamborghini Diablo VT & Ferrari 512 TR (Class A pack in the Need For Speed recreation)
Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 Touring '72 (There have been many different builds of this car - some okay - some crap)
Veloce GTS-8
BMW M5 (E34) (This is a 4-car pack. Regular E34, Facelift E34, Facelift Black - Alpha N, Black - Alpha N)

I highly recommend grabbing all of the AC Legends packs.
AC Legends F1 Classics '67
AC Legends GT Classics
AC Legends Prototypes
AC Legends Trans Am

I love Longford. It's sad that you can't drive the entire circuit anymore, since the bridges are all long gone and a major highway was plonked right on top of one of the best parts of the circuit (viaduct). Fair to say I was totally blown away when I found out the old Longford circuit was available for AC. Being a Tasmanian, it's easy to get used to the rest of the world not knowing a thing about this place, so finding both our 2 permanent closed circuits, and our greatest ever historic street circuit, have all been made for racing sims, is a pleasant surprise :). My 77 year old father had a gigantic grin on his face when he saw me driving old Brabhams and such at Longford. He said it's exactly how he remembers it, so that's mighty high praise for whoever made the track.

I also really like Riverside. So well made it could be vanilla content, and it's just bloody perfect for the old F5000 cars. Really fun track with a great flow to it.

I'm going to buy race track builder soon, because although it was great to find out that Baskerville, Symmons, and Longford are all available for AC, I really want to recreate some of our mountain roads for the game, because we just have so many truly epic roads in this state, and it'd be great to be able to drive them without chewing through expensive tyres and cooking the brakes lol. Would anyone here be interested in a few Targa Tasmania stages? They'll be free of course, I wouldn't charge for mods.

As for cars, I like all open wheelers, not just modern ones. I actually prefer old cars, as they're just so much more raw to drive. As such, I already have all the AC Legends cars ('67 F1 cars at Longford has already taken up many many hours of my life, lol). But I like such a wide variety of cars, my car list is starting to get out of hand lol (currently at 700 cars!).

Another tool I've just recently started using is Assetto Corsa Car Tuner. I'm really enjoying editing cars to build some crazy beasts. First thing I did with that tool was drop a V8 Supercar engine into the VK Commodore. What a weapon lol. But actually one of my favourite cars I did with that was an E34 M5 with the V10 engine and drivetrain from a 2002 Williams BMW F1 car lol. Was too much for the tyres initially, but I found some good slicks that fit the car in content manager, which made the car so much fun to drive. The M12 into an E30 was a good idea in theory, but turned out to be just hilariously undriveable lol.
Mmmm.... I thought I had all the tracks..! Got a link to these? Couldn't find them on RD.

Some mod tracks I enjoy, from memory:

Zolder '67 (there's a new AI spline on RD which is essential)
Great Wall (excellent hot lap track)
Castle Hill (great for slower cars)
I'll need to refresh my memory. I've got about 200 tracks.

Edit: car-wise, the excellent scratch-built SEAT Leon Eurocup has just been updated.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/seat-leon-cup.15203/

Edit:

On Race Department I requested a version of Forli Ring without the floodlights (because of the weird glittery highlights they produce) and the author posted this version in reply:

https://mega.nz/#!voFh1D7L!3TNMpHmXrH-STlg0l0vrsQx9G1UzHAMdOd2CE3iwe4M

Oh Zolder '67 is really nice. It does have a few "potholes" in the road mesh, but other than that it's dead perfect for old race cars.

You guys raced the '37 Grand Prix cars at '38 Donnington yet? That's a combination that leads to endless fun.

Edit: I only wish that Race Track Builder had a free demo, even a timed one. The reason is I want to check how accurate the Google satellite data is in RTB for inland Tassie, because it'd suck dropping $60 on RTB only to find out the satellite data isn't accurate enough to recreate the roads I want.

Edit: I only wish that Race Track Builder had a free demo, even a timed one. The reason is I want to check how accurate the Google satellite data is in RTB for inland Tassie, because it'd suck dropping $60 on RTB only to find out the satellite data isn't accurate enough to recreate the roads I want.

From what I've seen, most AC modders recommend staying away from RTB. Lilski even has in his sig "Friends don't let friends use RTB" or something like that, and he's pretty much the king of track mods, so...

Does anyone happen to know the story with Assetto Garage and their mods?

I'd really dig giving that 2018 Civic Type R a proper thrashing...

Safe bet they're ripped or stolen but lots of people seem to get mods from there so they must be at least decent.

Yep... Down again.
I suspect it has something to do with Assetto Corsa car mods. I saw the Holden HSV GTS Maloo R8 on Assetto Land earlier, and a few hours later Assetto Corsa car mods uploaded the same car as well.

Attachments

• assettoland.png
    assettoland.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This is just copy paste from FB goup maybe someone could be interested.
Yep... Down again.
I suspect it has something to do with Assetto Corsa car mods. I saw the Holden HSV GTS Maloo R8 on Assetto Land earlier, and a few hours later Assetto Corsa car mods uploaded the same car as well.
Thats really pitty for us. I loved AL

Does anyone have the URL to this Facebook group that's been reposting their work without attribution? There are a ton of "Assetto Corsa Mods" facebook pages.

Did anyone try that newer Ferrari F50 mod? Its not the ad_ferrari_f50. Assetto Corsa Racer FB group claims ownership (at least the physics). The car drives nice, but clearly this modder made his own tires and they're way too grippy. A quick comparison of these F50 Street tires to the Ferrari 488 Hypercar Road tires tells me these Street Tires are providing more grip, both laterally and longitudinally. :rolleyes: I don't know why the hell people have to do that stuff. They must drive Kunos cars from time to time and think they're driving on ice or something the way some modders crank up the grip.

At least that can be fixed. I haven't changed anything yet, but I'm thinking of using the Ferrari 458 as my base tire for the F50 and tweak from there. I just don't understand...buy a video game for it's "realism" and then toss all realism out the window. :lol: Maybe I'm just getting too old. My health has been getting worse and worse so I don't have the energy to do much more than a few laps or a short race here or there - having to "fix" mods before hand stinks.

Does anyone have the URL to this Facebook group that's been reposting their work without attribution? There are a ton of "Assetto Corsa Mods" facebook pages.

I'll PM it to you. I don't want to promote them in any way.

I've no idea why anyone would use it. All the mods are available elsewhere via Mega (eg Assettoland) without having to use that AWFUL depositfiles system, and these SoBs make money off every download.

I'm looking for a good link to the old Mallory Park track. Every link I've found is dead; anyone know if it can still be obtained?

Did you guys see those huge packs of cars available on Velo's FB page? One of them looked sweet, but I guess it had URD cars in it so they took it down at URD's request.. but I don't know why they didn't make a new pack without the URD cars...I've been so sick I haven't been on my A game so it seems like I'm late to the party for everything. :lol:

I'm looking for a good link to the old Mallory Park track. Every link I've found is dead; anyone know if it can still be obtained?

I think it's has been removed, since he probably converted the track from rFactor without permission. Even though if you find it, I don't think it will be any good since it's from 2014 and outdated.

Did you guys see those huge packs of cars available on Velo's FB page? One of them looked sweet, but I guess it had URD cars in it so they took it down at URD's request.. but I don't know why they didn't make a new pack without the URD cars...I've been so sick I haven't been on my A game so it seems like I'm late to the party for everything. :lol:
https://mega.nz/#!EroC3JYA!UFmcs6NPlB4hJAHBpnnq3S6OQoZkajkoPTQEdYaIemM

Reupload without the URD stuff.

:)

I have grab this pack few hours before they remove it. Not impressed with URD cars. OK maybe only Corvette C6. But i"m sure he would upload again without URD because this guy is dreaming to make some mega pack of the racing cars

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back