Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,201 comments
If anyone could tell me the coordinates of the Wrong Way icon (and where to find/adjust them) I'd be eternally grateful. Need them for a VR flag mod I'm working on.

If anyone could tell me the coordinates of the Wrong Way icon (and where to find/adjust them) I'd be eternally grateful. Need them for a VR flag mod I'm working on.
they are in Content/Icon from memory, I am not at my rig right now, definitely in the Icon folder.

they are in Content/Icon from memory, I am not at my rig right now, definitely in the Icon folder.
Ah, sorry - I should have been clearer. I need the positional X/Y coordinates for the icon for its position in the screen, particularly in the Rift. I'm guessing they are in an INI somewhere?

looking forward to drive this beauty in AC sometime soon.
1997-lotus-elise-7.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:mischievous:

I need to learn more about this. Nothing pisses me off more in VR than janky shift animations.

I had fun playing with these values a long time ago in cars that came with no or terrible driver animation. So I'd pinch one from another car and adjust the numbers.

As you can see in this Ferrari's driver3d.ini (and every car's driver3d.ini file for that matter), you can change the timing of each step of the shifting animation. All times are in milliseconds and they're kinda self-explanatory.

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100 - Time it takes the driver's hand to reach from the wheel towards the shifter.
POSITIVE_TIME=300 - Time it takes to grab the shifter and change into gear
STATIC_TIME=102 - How long the driver keeps they're hand on the shifter
NEGATIVE_TIME=300 - Time it takes the driver's hand to let go of the shifter and start heading back towards the wheel
PRELOAD_RPM=6400 - The driver will reach for the shifter after the engine has exceeded this specified amount of engine RPM, and vice versa if you fall below this specified RPM.

The first option "blend time" controls the hand movement in both directions. It's animation stops and starts a bit short of the shifter itself and this is where the "positive time" and "negative time" values take over. I see this car also has various options for head movement, think I'm going to play with those later.,

Yep, pretty much, but with new flag icons and different positions. The ones in that mod are off centre quite a bit - I'm guessing the modder might have used the centre position based on screen resolution div 2, but it doesn't scale like that in VR. If I could get the coordinates of the Wrong Way icon then it'd be perfect. I'd also like to move that icon down a little if I can.

Does anyone know how the STEER_LOCK setting (in car.ini file) impacts in-game driving? Car.ini describes STEER_LOCK as "Real car's steer lock from center to right." I'm curious if this setting is the car's steering wheel degree of rotation. Example: Kunos Audi R8 LMS 2016's STEER_LOCK = 320. Does that mean R8 LMS has 640 degree of rotation? (320 x 2... since the description is "from center to right.")

I'm not planning to edit STEER_LOCK. Curious if I should set my T300 wheel's rotation to match the car setting for precise 1:1 input.

From Velos Mods, an update to that gorgeous but undriveable Ferrari 512s:

RELEASE-UPDATE
Ferrari 512s by RTM
Update by VELO
New Ferrari V12 sound by Fonsecker.
Complete physics overhaul.
Some shader work, tyres. power lut, car UI.json, suspension, updated.......plus lots of other stuff.
Mac Ten resized car to correct length...(car was too long).
Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!wUNG3KYJ!rym7tGnmp9nr9pCSFF4FNBKDcGxb-kfMACuj_U9lnF8 (Edit: now a dead link. Did anyone nab this update and can send me a new link? The RTM version is awful so I was looking forward to driving this one).

Additional skins for Ferrari 512s with thanks to David H Fiallo, supplier to RTM.

https://mega.nz/#!kc1xRIgY!etpNOK491RP3X7tdTeVzjSHMN7EJjfslH4V7KxskDyY

Last edited:

RELEASE-UPDATE
Ferrari 512s by RTM
Update by VELO
Some shader work, tyres. power lut, car UI.json, suspension, updated.......plus lots of other stuff.
Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!wUNG3KYJ!rym7tGnmp9nr9pCSFF4FNBKDcGxb-kfMACuj_U9lnF8 (Edit: now a dead link. Did anyone nab this update and can send me a new link? The RTM version is awful so I was looking forward to driving this one).

Additional skins for Ferrari 512s with thanks to David H Fiallo, supplier to RTM.

I will look for it and let you know if I find it.

I'm not planning to edit STEER_LOCK. Curious if I should set my T300 wheel's rotation to match the car setting for precise 1:1 input.

If you have your T300 set to the maximum rotation in the TM profiler and have the box checked to let the game override settings then the game automatically decides each car's steering rotation automatically. That's probably what you're seeing in that .ini file, the automatic rotation setting for each car.

If you have your T300 set to the maximum rotation in the TM profiler and have the box checked to let the game override settings then the game automatically decides each car's steering rotation automatically. That's probably what you're seeing in that .ini file, the automatic rotation setting for each car.
Hmm... I did not find that check box in the Test Input tab/Wheel Rotation. The only “by the game” option was Auto Center Settings in the Gain Setting tab.

RELEASE-UPDATE
Ferrari 512s by RTM
Update by VELO
Enjoy.

Man...I was just coming here specifically to talk about this car!

I came across the Velos & Mac-Ten version of the car and seeing how I just downloaded the other 512 S two days ago, I'd like to do a comparison and see what's up between the two. The Velos 512S comes with Soft, Med, Hard & Vintage tires whereas the other 512S only comes with Vintage tires. Both cars are using the same exact Vintage tires. The Velos car happens to define an Explosion point for bursting a tire. I forget exactly what it was. I'm happy to finally see a modder using that parameter.

I continued to look for differences in the more obvious "important" areas. Suspension/Chassis, Transmission, Engine & Brakes.

There is a corrected wheelbase value for the Velos car, as you pointed out Masscot. The original wheelbase was 2.533 and the Velos wheelbase is 2.300. Center of Gravity in the same 0.45. The track value, front and back is also slightly different. The fuel tank locations are different, but I don't know anything about placing the tank...I just saw slightly different numbers so I know the position can't be exactly the same, especially with a shortening of the wheelbase.

The suspension is all setup exactly the same however there are slight difference in ARB & Wheel Rate values. Front/Rear ARB values for Velos mod: 22000/5750. ARB Values for the other 512 S: 24000/6000. Velos Front Springs: 35300 Other 512 S: 34270. Both cars are using the same Rear Springs: 48080.

There are some other slight differences in Rod Length (that's what she said!), Toe Out & Camber...very small differences not even worth worrying about.

Transmission Gear Box is the same -- Brakes are the same. I'm thinking about making an adjustment to the brakes of the Velos 512 S (I'm not keeping the other car on my SSD). It's easy to get the brakes into the red temperature wise before 2 laps of Goodwood finish if you go hard on them. I don't think racing brakes would do that. It's not like I'm driving with my left foot slightly on the brake the whole time. I was just being slightly more aggressive than I normally am. I'm either going to extend the Green Zone of the brake temperature by about 40-50 degrees or I'm going to decrease the cooling time slightly...to make them cool down faster. Not much.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point out something that made me laugh. When I opened up the tyres.ini file for the Velos car I immediately saw this at the top of the text file:
Code:
;Ferruccio 55 Car Mod
;File generated on  23/12/2017   17:18:43 CET
;Copyright & Proprietary Race Sim Studio
No honor among thieves!!! :D :lol: :P ;)
So, now we know where they got the Soft, Med & Hard slicks... :lol:

It's a shame I don't have that GT1 pack from RSS so I can't look to see if it's been altered for the Ferrari 512 S. I would guess it has been adjusted. I don't think tires designed for a Ferrari GT1 are going to perfectly work for an old, very light Ferrari 512 S. I'm sure they'd be way too stiff...no flex...no camber gain...etc. Even if I'm wrong, the performance still couldn't be all that great.

Oh...one big difference is the sound. The Velos/Mac-Ten 512 S-MT sounds so much better. 👍 I figured I would post this information just in case someone wants to take both for a spin and test them. I can't tell you which vehicle would be faster overall, but my guess would be the Velos car. It feels much, much better on the track.

Hmm... I did not find that check box in the Test Input tab/Wheel Rotation. The only “by the game” option was Auto Center Settings in the Gain Setting tab.

Yes, I think that's the one. If you check that and have your rotation slider to the maximum then the game will automatically set the rotation for each car. But, by default there is no soft lock so you won't necessarily feel the wheel stop at the maximum rotation. You can turn soft lock on in the .ini but most people leave it off because it tends to violently jolt when it hits the soft lock.

Over on racedepartment the NFS pair (512TR and Diablo VT) have been updated and the Diablo SE30 has been updated too.

Really high quality mods, and fantastic cars to drive (with proper 'Street 90s' tyre options :D)

I must say that I have enjoyed using a combination of GIMP and Content Manager to make car skins. It's a real challenge sometimes just to know what you are editing at times. Once you get it down pad, though, you can really test your creativity. I am mostly sticking to the Kunos cars. If I somehow come across some solid mods, I may take my skinning work to mods. The most recent car I make a skin for was the 2017 model Porsche 911 RSR. I am going to try a Porsche Cup car next.

I must say that I have enjoyed using a combination of GIMP and Content Manager to make car skins. It's a real challenge sometimes just to know what you are editing at times. Once you get it down pad, though, you can really test your creativity. I am mostly sticking to the Kunos cars. If I somehow come across some solid mods, I may take my skinning work to mods. The most recent car I make a skin for was the 2017 model Porsche 911 RSR. I am going to try a Porsche Cup car next.
Pictures?

One of the reasons why I don't share pictures is because I often mention these in my blogs and on my Weebly site; and so I don't want to be accused of advertising or anything like that. What I WILL do is share one of my designs. This is one of my most recent ones:

sodexoporsche911rsr2017_orig.jpg

More of my Assetto Corsa designs

I usually share my material on my site, in my blogs, or on Instagram. None of the car skins I designed are for cars available for free with Assetto Corsa. However, I may plan to change that with some skins I have planned for the BMW M3 GT2, Ford Mustang, Toyota GT86, Porsche Panamera, and maybe even one of the Lotus Evora race cars.

One of the reasons why I don't share pictures is because I often mention these in my blogs and on my Weebly site; and so I don't want to be accused of advertising or anything like that. What I WILL do is share one of my designs. This is one of my most recent ones:

sodexoporsche911rsr2017_orig.jpg

More of my Assetto Corsa designs

I usually share my material on my site, in my blogs, or on Instagram. None of the car skins I designed are for cars available for free with Assetto Corsa. However, I may plan to change that with some skins I have planned for the BMW M3 GT2, Ford Mustang, Toyota GT86, Porsche Panamera, and maybe even one of the Lotus Evora race cars.

Hey there John, nice to meet you. Went to your site. Great seeing someone making original mesh files. I assume they are mesh? I am a an Industrial Designer that uses Solidworks, but just don't have the time in learning a mesh based 3D modeler. Are their any spline (Solidworks) to mesh surface converters out there? I would enjoy modeling up a custom vehicle, but would have to do it in SW. Cheers.....👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back