Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,146 comments
The Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga.
preview.jpg

I've been waiting for years for someone to make one of these in AC. Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet. I decided to have a go at converting the GTR2 version of the car in the meantime. It worked out not too bad but do remember this is a GTR2 CONVERSION so don't expect perfection or anywhere near it.

The car could do with a better set of textures. I tried to upscale some of them but still not got the quality of a decent hi-rez set.
The car needs a new cockpit. The existing cockpit is just a steering wheel in a box.

Maybe this will inspire someone to make a decent Coda Lunga, at least I hope so. With only 2 months modding experience, I've done the best I can.

https://mega.nz/file/KUxURaxY#7ZWW6dJrlWaeN6l-_CSF2s2n38qq8N5Gz0-ksz78u8Y

Last edited:
The Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga.
View attachment 928240

I've been waiting for years for someone to make one of these in AC. Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet. I decided to have a go at converting the GTR2 version of the car in the meantime. It worked out not too bad but do remember this is a GTR2 CONVERSION so don't expect perfection or anywhere near it.

The car could do with a better set of textures. I tried to upscale some of them but still not got the quality of a decent hi-rez set.
The car needs a new cockpit. The existing cockpit is just a steering wheel in a box.

Maybe this will inspire someone to make a decent Coda Lunga, at least I hope so. With only 2 months modding experience, I've done the best I can.

https://mega.nz/file/mRw22SaY#cKpHmxhtA-ekl7cTw29h0T9LU-BrBEbMcG73jNQYV8E

Any Coda Lunga is better than no Coda Lunga at all. Untill we have a more refined one, I'm content with this one. :cheers:

Are the shadows inside of a car also considered VAO?

Is there a tool like tracks bakery that I can use to create the ambient shadows inside of a car? As a VR user it is very apparent that some cockpits have no shadows.

Is there a tool like tracks bakery that I can use to create the ambient shadows inside of a car? As a VR user it is very apparent that some cockpits have no shadows.

I wonder if you can just drag a car's interior Kn5 file into the bakery, and would that work correctly?

Hey guys, stumbled across this tonight. This guy just released one of my favorite tracks from NFS Shift. Glendale. I'm getting ready to try it. Here it is, go getchoo some!

It is a nice track... that we stumbled across months ago. Welcome to the party.

It is a nice track... that we stumbled across months ago. Welcome to the party.

Oh, sorry. :( not trying to piss off anyone around here. I'm pretty new here, but I thought I had reviewed pretty much all 1000+ pages of this thread over the last month or so trying to get up to speed. I thought this was a new release because of the date on his release vid.

I will try not to annoy again, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it again at some point. So apologies in advance.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry. :( not trying to piss off anyone around here. I'm pretty new here, but I thought I had reviewed pretty much all 1000+ pages of this thread over the last month or so trying to get up to speed. I thought this was a new release because of the date on his release vid.

I will try not to annoy again, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it again at some point. So apologies in advance.
What is helpful is to do a quick search through the thread for 2,3 keywords of what one wants to post. It's impossible to have the vast amount of content over 1300 pages in your head.

As a general rule of thumb, I found that if something is older that a few weeks, it's most likely been posted already, as a lot of us have been infected by the hoarding virus and are combing the Internet blind for new content daily. :lol::lol:

What is helpful is to do a quick search through the thread for 2,3 keywords of what one wants to post. It's impossible to have the vast amount of content over 1300 pages in your head.

As a general rule of thumb, I found that if something is older that a few weeks, it's most likely been posted already, as a lot of us have been infected by the hoarding virus and are combing the Internet blind for new content daily. :lol::lol:

lol, yeah, I did that exactly after oooah posted his reponse. I typed in 'glendale' and damn, 30 pages of it came up just in this thread. I will definitely do a quick search before hand. Thanks for the tip, brother.

Yup! Nice to meet all ya folks over here :)
Nice to have another legend of the field among us. Let me just tell you, I just love your approach of doing a complete mod packs, rather than releasing a single car from an era. So much more "useful" and fun if you can put together an entire field of cars from a period or competition. That being said I personally am in love with your "side" project, that is often being overlooked amongst other full complete packs...the BMW m1 procar. Just amazing work. A bit sad that HJ Stuck's legendary cassani livery didn't make the skin pack thought. :)

I hope that one day on your traveling through historical periods of racing, you would land on this side of 1980 and do a group a touring car pack of early 80s. I believe that AC physics engine and tyre model is most suited for cars from that time period. And to try your version of bmw 635, alfa gtv6, jaguar xjs, rover vitesse, Ford Capri mklll,.. would be something special indeed.

View attachment 928186

Londrina (Brazil) - Reworked by VheEth

Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna (Londrina) - Version 0.8

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: ???

CHANGELOG
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

DOWLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xjiw3qns7kkkjbn/vhe_londrina_0.8.rar/file

Thanks very much for the updates on these Brazilian tracks VheEth. They're great!

Don't want to push my luck, but I'm really hoping you might do updates for the rest of the ERL Brazilian tracks at some point too, all of which which have really cool layouts. Far more fun to drive on than most (if not all) Hermann Tilke tracks!

Last edited:

VAO for cars is under development by the creator of CM/CSP. He did release a version of OptixBakery a while back that was pre-loading with the right arguments for cars, but it was put on the back-burner I think.... but one recent CSP build had VAO for the Kunos Toyota GT86, so I suspect it won't be too long before we start seeing further developments on this front.

I did an OCD triggered edit on ACF's tokyo246. I replaced the bad skybox buildings and mountains and fixed the weird bright pink building dome. Sharing for those interested.

I've been wondering if those large anime murals are part of the original track on Playstation... Anyway, cheers guys.

Last edited:
No, they weren't. The GT track was very close to the real life road in Tokyo:

Yeah, see, that is kind of weird he plastered all the anime in that track. I don't dislike anime, per se, but I don't want it in a track that is not supposed to have it... Hmmm. I'm considering skinning those away. I might update the trees as well. I do really like the flow of the track.

Yeah, see, that is kind of weird he plastered all the anime in that track. I don't dislike anime, per se, but I don't want it in a track that is not supposed to have it... Hmmm. I'm considering skinning those away. I might update the trees as well. I do really like the flow of the track.
Well i just like to point out that the ACF version is nowhere near the perfect port from GT6. It looks like it was made from scratch rather than porting the track from GT6.

Well i just like to point out that the ACF version is nowhere near the perfect port from GT6. It looks like it was made from scratch rather than porting the track from GT6.

Thanks for the info @Jdramirez . Is the ACF layout quite shorter than the original as well? I really do like ACF's track flow, although I've never played GT6.

VAO for cars is under development by the creator of CM/CSP. He did release a version of OptixBakery a while back that was pre-loading with the right arguments for cars, but it was put on the back-burner I think.... but one recent CSP build had VAO for the Kunos Toyota GT86, so I suspect it won't be too long before we start seeing further developments on this front.

I appreciate that info. I was searching everywhere :)

View attachment 928068

Autódromo Velo Città (Brazil) - Reworked by VheEth

Autódromo Velo Città - Version 0.8

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: Guillaume Rousseau

CHANGELOG
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New guard rails and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file
- Added a new layout (Alternative 1). The new layout (Alternative 1) needs an AI line. For the moment it is available for tests.
- New AI pit lane by LiquidSkyMan

DOWLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhch5szv3otjcts/vhe_velocitta_0.8.rar/file

Thanks for updating this track!!
Just wanted to note that when hot lapping on the alternate layout you will receive an off-track penalty when following the track into turn 3.
Not a big deal, just thought you might like to know.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back