- revised onboard cameras
- corrected fuel reserve light min liters
- added skin template by RealAKP
- updated ambient shadows
- updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD HERE

ITC 1996 slightly modified

If you don't like stories skip the next three paragraphs. :lol::lol:

Let me start off by saying that i'm a huge fan of touring cars and especially DTM and BTCC. And that the 90s were my favourite period of racing in general, and of course of touring cars. So as a teenager through most of the 90s, i tried to watch and read all about these championships at the time and still have nostalgia for the time period of best racing in history IMO.

And as such the ITC ambitious project was of course high on my radar, as on probably everybody else's as well. When DTM was promoted to ITC, many were sceptical, but the popularity of DTM series was so high, that the people in charge thought that it was still a good idea. Sadly it was to ambitious, the money needed for a manufacturer to run in the championship was getting close to F1 (knowing that a manufacturer had to supply 3,4,5 teams instead of just 1 in F1). So this project died after only two years with Alfa Romeo and Opel pulling out after 1996 season because of high costs. But we had these two years of excellent racing on some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

Now to add to all this, Alfa 155 was part of this. My top 3 favourite car of all time, so my excitement was even bigger. As i started sim racing, one of my first jobs was to find and try to recreate these two seasons, especially the 1996 one.

The Alfa 155 TI EVO

@GzeroD did an excellent job in recreating this and i had a lot of fun driving these. Probably one of the best mod packs that can be had for free in AC. But what bothered me was, that the Alfa used in the pack was not the 1996 version of the car. The 155 from Kunos is the 1993/94 version of the car, that was slightly modified for the 1995 season. And that one is used in the Legion's pack. But for 1996 Alfa brought the EVO version of the car. The one with the ugly front that looked like the bull with the horns. Legion's car also didn't have the right liveries.

So i searched if the model of this car exists, and i found it on AC, it was made from FVandelli, but it got removed pretty fast as it was not complying to their rules. I managed to download it from somewhere and i don't know where (if somebody knows where, let me know, want to link to the original car) and it looked very authentic to me, it also had all the correct liveries. But i didn't like how it drove, it was not an Alfa 155 IMO. So i made a personal project of modifying and tuning it bit by bit for a long time. Some modifications were authentic from what i could find online, others were on my own personal opinion on how this car should drive. I used data from all sorts of other cars, as i never planned to release this, so i don't know all all what i changed, as i didn't keep track (so sadly can give proper credit, also why i was reluctant to release the car). I shared it with a couple of my friends and later a few users here on GTP tried it and all thought it was not bad at all, one friend is absolutely in love with the car and is bugging me to release it here. So i guess here it is, for those that want to try it (it's ugly i know, but that is the way the car really looked):

View attachment 930723

Link to the car (i made an s1 version so it doesn't overwrite the original one):

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/67...0051fb718728b28faa37b93c20200615203218/8b606d

The rest of the pack

To create an authentic full championship you need The Opel Calibra and the Mercedes C-Class. Both can be found on Legions blog. If you heaven't, try all 3 cars, also his Alfa, they are all excellent. The Opel needs a window fix if you are running temporal antialiasing in CM. Find it in the attachment (put the ini in the Documents/assetto corsa/cfg/extention/cars folder).

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/06/fia-class-1.html

Preset and BOP

Also here is the preset with all correct liveries, driver names and strengths from the actual season. @GzeroD did a great job BOPing the cars, but the EVO needs a little restriction to run competitively (especially cause i wanted to recreate the actual balance from the season - Alfa is slower on the straights, but faster through corners):

https://acstuff.ru/s/Wutq

View attachment 930734

The tracks

To create the full championship you of course need the tracks. Here is the list.

Rounds:
1 and 2: Hockenheim (DTM Layout), 38 laps
3 and 4: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
5 and 6: Estoril, 23 laps
7 and 8: Helsinki Thunder, 32 laps
9 and 10: Norisring, 44 laps
11 and 12: Diepholz, 28 laps
13 and 14: Silverstone (90s classic layout), 20 laps
15 and 16: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
17 and 18: Magny-Cours, 24 laps
19 and 20: Mugello, 20 laps
21 and 22: Hockenheim (88 layout full), 15 laps
23 and 24: Interlagos, 24 laps
25 and 26: Suzuka, 18 laps

Prety impressive list, right? (all available for AC, if you can't find it, i can give you a link).

Also if you want to rewatch, all the races are on youtube, most in full:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=itc+1996

All the credits go to GzeroD and FVandelli and all that created the tracks.

Hope you enjoy it.

Is there a pit boxes enhancement for Magny-Cours? It's needed to complete the grid for the 96' ITC as the version I have (by Rainmaker) has 22

I recalled how the rain looks in different games and simulations. What is shown in this video looks better than Pсars2, Granturismo 6 / Sport, Rfactor2, Crew 2, Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4, Dirt4 and Dirt Rally2. The most realistic drops on the glass in my opinion were in DriveClub.
Drops on the glass in AC now look better than in the DriveClub!
But drops, or rather arrows falling from the sky (when the car is in motion), look wrong. They keep falling from top to bottom, and should fly in the face.
Like in this video.

But the progress is certainly fantastic! If Ilya makes wet tires and real rain - this will bring the AC to a whole new level!

Last edited:
I have two doubts about rain:
1. AI behavior (driving, pit stops in case of variable weather)
2. At the moment there are no rain tires, how will this be managed?
Exactly. This would in fact require an overhaul of all the mods with wet tyres and CSP tweaks to car's handling we were all talking about the last few days. Until then this is just gonna look pretty and be a gimmick. Nothing wrong with that of course. Always a fan of things looking pretty. But i'm very sceptical this is ever going to be more than that. Unless ilya and the community blow my mind again and pull of some magic which would be leaps and bounds outside of the scope of what this simulator was ever intended for. Wouldn't be the first time.

Hello, can someone recommend me some nice mountain roads.
I have a urge to drive at one for some reason.
LA Canyons over at RD. And some nice japanese tracks intended for drifting, but are a nice hill climb or downhill IMO:

And Transfagarasan. Never gonna be finished i guess, but it is free for ultimate version at the moment:

https://www.simtraxx.net/?product=transfagarasan-romania-classic-ac-ultimate-edition

And my favorite hill climb, Glava Zete:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/glava-zete.2223/

Last edited:
Formula Gran Turismo (v.0.8)
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j5w80fsup8lcndy/Formula_GT_v0.8.rar/file

aCDvRQe.jpg

PoAq1El.jpg

qYCf0Jt.jpg

OAlCWl3.jpg

79xMtqW.jpg

5hHSTXk.jpg

What is new:

• New steering wheel: LCD screen, knobs and HD textures (Gran Turismo style)
  • Physics Updated (Basic setup is "more drivable")
  • New Skins based on original GT liveries (Template is included)
  • Fixed some mirrored textures issues
  • Now the car has also low poly LODs
Known Issues:
  • Missing Bridgestone logo on rear wing low fins
  • No AO for rims
  • More skins to add

The 3D model is based on the original GT6 model by Polyphony Digital. I tried to replicate as much as possible the original car physics (it's an hard job because the vehicle is fictional and there aren't any kind of real data about it) and I think it's pretty close to the original: very nervous, incredibly fast and a bit of oversteer with the basic setup.
The sound is based on the Ferrari F138 (I know that the FGT car has a V12 but the original sound in game it's closer to a V8).

Hope you like it! I will update the final version as soon as possible. It will be available also on Assetto Land.

Cheers :)
Its more like its going to have a Gran Turismo x Asseto Corsa collab event due to both being a racing sim!

Thx a lot buddy, running those GRID track is so much fun, I updated my profile picture to illustrate what can't be done before :) LOL !

Take care and enjoy every AC day !!!

Wow, Race department is quick in taking down items. Anyone know did they take down his account also?
I will check on that. He had another track besides the city tracks. I got that one also.

Yeah they took down his account.

@Teddie
To everyone that didnt get the CITY tracks.

I will archive the files and see if I can compact them all into one big file. I will put it up on my GOOGLE drive for a couple weeks and then take them down. If someone would like them after that in the future, I can put it back up temporarily.

The download link for the tracks will be up in about in a little bit.

Here are all the City tracks in one link. File size about 990 MB
Barcelona, San Francisco, Dubai, Miami,Paris, and added bonus Linas
Enjoy

take care,
Dave

You don't need Blender to change road textures or billboards, just Photoshop, GIMP or some other art graphics package that can manipulate DDS files. Just create a new track skin in CM and override the textures. It's pretty self-explanatory once you have a play with it.
The real fun comes from creating your own textures, adding weathering, dirt, blistering, normal maps... all that guff.
Once you have a track skin you're happy with you can even make it the default texture set (so you don't need to have a skin active) with a one-click 'texture replacement from folder' (or whatever it's called) in 3DSimED. You can also apply new textures to objects like balloons, blimps etc pretty easily in 3DSimED, but agin, the real fun is in creating those textures in the first place.
I am DYING to get this skin from fm7's torana on my torana on my torana in AC. the bits of rust etc, really tickle my bone.
upload_2020-7-13_20-56-58.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back