Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Alright everyone, it's just a few tracks, let's take a breather.

I just enjoy making tracks, if it's Mallory park, or Willow Springs, or a track made out of Lego and covered in LCD screens. Not everyone is going to like everything and thats cool. If we all liked the same things there'd be no variety and we'd all be bored.

As most of you know by now there's 40 odd tracks on my 'in progress' list, if I didn't do an odd fun experimental track every now and again I don't think I'd have the motivation to sit down and concentrate on the accuracy of some of my more realistic tracks.

It Just so happens at the moment I've opened up a load of possibilities by learning more about CSP, it's these wacky ideas that lead to learning and discovery, and from that ALL of my tracks benefit. I'm far from perfect and there's still a lot to learn, so there will be many random tracks for you all to try. Even though I understand they're not for everybody, I don't mind :)

I'm not really sure what my point was, but let's not argue about stuff. I take all criticism and ideas on board, I never really thought of trying to convert something from Forza as there's already a lot of people doing that, and it wouldn't really be 'my' work. It would be Turn10s. But trying to re-create one from scratch is totally my jam, it's something I'll look at in the future. making my own tracks and (hopefully) improving with every release is my main goal.
There was no drama at all, just a misunderstanding about a bad joke, and it was quickly resolved.

Ohhhh hoh hoh hoh big ol Pog. SD1 is finally here

Yep amazing stuff he has brought into AC.
Is there a way I can remove the tint in the windscreens of the Rover? The Jag has a tint too, I assume something to do with being based on Aussie series, problem is on a windy wet day in old blighty its not needed!

View attachment 941608
motegi-buss.png

Bridge was low but she came through unharmed...
Are the doors driver operated? I wanted to be a bus driver as a kid in London. Lol.

Last edited:
Wow been away for a week just took me 3 hours to catch up on here. @MrB00 on my journey home I saw a scirocco in gulf livery shame it was going the opposite way or would have got a photo

View attachment 941695 View attachment 941696 View attachment 941697

Eastern Creek Raceway 2014 v3.5 a R1cho by Rainmaker updated by CrisT86 for AC 1.16.3

- Easter Creek, Easter Creek Amaroo, Easter Creek Brabham, Easter Creek Druitt track variations
- GrassFX enabled on all track variations

Feel free to update more, maybe if possibile, where possible with lights.

https://sharemods.com/75j83ja11oxs/...aker_updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.7z.html

Thanks very much! good update. Old version was too far overexposured and light

Well, all the Chivas cars are pre-2013, the URD JT5 Shiro is from 2015 and this one seems to be from 2020. More choice is never a bad thing, especially if this turns out to be a good mod.
Not wanting to correct you in any way, but I was under the impression that the URD JT5 is based on the Honda circa 2013 of the Japanese GT500 series of 2013. The Chivas cars are also based on the GT500 of 2013. I thought they used the URD JT5 as a base model for Honda, added the Lexus & Nissan (the Nissan being my weapon of choice) Permission was sought & given by URD I thought.... There are folk arguing but I think the Chivas made improvements to the URD JT5 - How realistic the Chivas cars are is up for debate, but I know which our little league prefers to drive.... Six of us reproduced the 2013 Japanese GT500 series when Twin Ring Motegi got released..... Using Sol, we were able to reproduce the so called conditions of 2013....

View attachment 941695 View attachment 941696 View attachment 941697

Eastern Creek Raceway 2014 v3.5 a R1cho by Rainmaker updated by CrisT86 for AC 1.16.3

- Easter Creek, Easter Creek Amaroo, Easter Creek Brabham, Easter Creek Druitt track variations
- GrassFX enabled on all track variations

Feel free to update more, maybe if possibile, where possible with lights.

https://sharemods.com/75j83ja11oxs/...aker_updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.7z.html
Just needs a lights config and we'll be able to replicate today's night race!
MH4_7809-1.jpg
MH4_7463-900x600.jpg

Just needs a lights config and we'll be able to replicate today's night race!
MH4_7809-1.jpg
MH4_7463-900x600.jpg
i've tried to understand how to make lights in game (with the CSP tool) but it's looks so complex to make, at least too complex to "past-in-place" the light source. It's a cool tool, which helps where there's no 3D ready stuff for lights. I hope Ilja will update it with something that can align the light bulb to a determinated selected object. It would made so fast the light creation process i think

Not wanting to correct you in any way, but I was under the impression that the URD JT5 is based on the Honda circa 2013 of the Japanese GT500 series of 2013. The Chivas cars are also based on the GT500 of 2013. I thought they used the URD JT5 as a base model for Honda, added the Lexus & Nissan (the Nissan being my weapon of choice) Permission was sought & given by URD I thought.... There are folk arguing but I think the Chivas made improvements to the URD JT5 - How realistic the Chivas cars are is up for debate, but I know which our little league prefers to drive.... Six of us reproduced the 2013 Japanese GT500 series when Twin Ring Motegi got released..... Using Sol, we were able to reproduce the so called conditions of 2013....

Quite a bit of that was inaccurate I’m afraid, so if you don’t mind I’d like to give you a bit of a refresher on GT500 in AC and in real life.

The primary GT500 mod in Assetto Corsa is the URD JT5 Shiro, which is based on the 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500. The 2015-spec GT-R is based on FIA Class One specifications for touring cars like the DTM models are. In all aspects the 2015 and 2013 Nissan GT-R GT500 cars are completely different machines.

Chivas has made two packs for pre-2014 Class One regulation GT500 cars including all three manufacturers. The first pack was the 2008 cars which was an unfinished mod URD donated to them. 2013 is the current pack they’re working on and those cars are an evolution of the 2008 regulations (except the Honda which is a completely different car to the old NSX).

So yeah. Between 2013 and 2015, the Nissan GT-R is a completely different car that only shares a common name. The old car has a V8 engine while the new one has a 4 cylinder. Not to mention they have completely different aerodynamics and chassis. If the 2013 cars are based on the 2015 cars physics-wise in Assetto Corsa, that’s completely inaccurate.

Meanwhie, the 2020 GT-R seen in that video is an evolution of the 2015 car, like the 2008 cars are to the 2013 cars. It’s all a little confusing but just remember that 2014 was the year that the GT500 regulations were completely changed into FIA Class One touring cars, which are very different than the cars GT500 was using before then.

Aww I was hoping it was this one - mk3s are ok but not half as good as the mk2.
1a983b092cf5f8d1fe72931a984aa5fb.jpg
Wow. These are super rare, not only IRL. I was looking for them in AC a while back and couldn't even find one. Does anybody have this car? Damn AC graphics, can't tell if the photo is from a mod or a real car anymore. :):)

pc_v1
remove 3dgrass.kn5
add 3dgrass (custom shaders)
add vao
https://sharemods.com/mnx2t05z3my7/pc_v1.7z.html
pc_v1.png

So I'm not sure where @__EASY__ found this track in China, but it's a fun track (with a strange name). I couldn't get the cars out of the pits on one of the layouts, so I had a look. The fast lanes looked fine, so I readjusted the side lines and redid the pit lane lines (The pit lane lines were also exiting in a bad place).

AI for pc_v1:

https://mega.nz/file/WwhnBYDS#TPqCr0pmxDbCrrkMgwIvGZhuymhg0aBGYrlcQhZbK00

It would be really nice if any lighting gurus could fix the 24/7 lights and actually get them to actually light the track surface, as the buildings and scenery around the track are pretty cool IMO. Track is obviously under quarantine as there isn't a soul around. :( :rolleyes:

Wow. These are super rare, not only IRL. I was looking for them in AC a while back and couldn't even find one. Does anybody have this car? Damn AC graphics, can't tell if the photo is from a mod or a real car anymore. :):)

Not yet, but who knows what the future may bring ;)

And yeah there's not many of them about in the real world either but they are out there. Less than 200 Scalas (that's the model I owned) are registered in the UK :(

Quite a bit of that was inaccurate I’m afraid, so if you don’t mind I’d like to give you a bit of a refresher on GT500 in AC and in real life.

The primary GT500 mod in Assetto Corsa is the URD JT5 Shiro, which is based on the 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500. The 2015-spec GT-R is based on FIA Class One specifications for touring cars like the DTM models are. In all aspects the 2015 and 2013 Nissan GT-R GT500 cars are completely different machines.

Chivas has made two packs for pre-2014 Class One regulation GT500 cars including all three manufacturers. The first pack was the 2008 cars which was an unfinished mod URD donated to them. 2013 is the current pack they’re working on and those cars are an evolution of the 2008 regulations (except the Honda which is a completely different car to the old NSX).

So yeah. Between 2013 and 2015, the Nissan GT-R is a completely different car that only shares a common name. The old car has a V8 engine while the new one has a 4 cylinder. Not to mention they have completely different aerodynamics and chassis. If the 2013 cars are based on the 2015 cars physics-wise in Assetto Corsa, that’s completely inaccurate.

Meanwhie, the 2020 GT-R seen in that video is an evolution of the 2015 car, like the 2008 cars are to the 2013 cars. It’s all a little confusing but just remember that 2014 was the year that the GT500 regulations were completely changed into FIA Class One touring cars, which are very different than the cars GT500 was using before then.
I Apologise, I should have said Nissan, not Honda. Yes I realise there was a rule change but I thought they'd used the physics of the 2013 model for the JT5 Shiro. Shows just how much you need to take with a pinch of salt half of what is written on the web.... Anyway, apart from that, It's a class of cars I love to drive and very much looking forward to the 2020 GTR.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back