Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
It might take a bit of AC editing, but I believe that all the ATS V.R models originate with PCARS1. My skins for PCARS and AMS should fit up, albeit at a lower resolution, as that was the standard for the time.

I do think that I was able to extract the PCARS2 skins which were 1k for the 2017 version, it has been a few years now since I've last looked at them

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pirelli-world-challenge-2016-cadillac-racing.9827/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-pirelli-world-challenge-2017.14766/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pirelli-world-challenge-2016.11765/

Hey Chris by any chance have you got original files has I'm quite willing to adapt your skins to AC version. I would just need base layout has logos/fonts I can locate separately.

2013 Autobacs Super GT GT500 Definitive Edition Version 3 update by Chivas

120882914_3530943876957450_5367177850097296150_o.jpg

Definitive Edition v1.5 Build Changelog:
- (All cars) Drivetrain has been updated, grip will no longer be like a magnet even with TC turned on - you now need to manage your throttle carefully or lose control of the car
- (All cars) traction lut has been nerfed
- (All cars) driver animation model has been updated for better immersion for VR Headset users
- (All cars) onboard driver view has been updated to match changes for the new driver animation models

- Flame positions on mufflers has been fixed for HSV-010GT and GT-R
- SC430 now has a unique Rear Mirror exclusively used by WEDSPORT BANDOH in real life
- SC430 now has a rear view monitor inside the interior by ViewTech
- GT-R's rear view monitor has been replaced by ViewTech
- GT-R and SC430's ViewTech monitors uses the IPS Panel Shader Effects (CSP Required)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y61jt...A--pPoObLyRZiTpu022Mnkl-otyc6Cz6whaHVi586JKWc

(edit: The new driver model/posture looks one billion times better in VR. No more itchy armpits! No more flying elbows!)

Last edited:
Honestly nothing to do with that version of SimTraxx , here the houses are anonymous there is no public, the shadows leave much to be desired I hope it is a wip version waiting for further developments, I understand the good will to make a track so long and complex, but as a connoisseur of that race and far from being an end product ,my personal opinion and nothing as critical as criticism I would like to specify

So which one would you recommend mate ? Always loved the Targa Florio. Mad race that.

A combination of both would be excellent. One has better buildings and surroundings, other better road, grass and exposure. You should try both and decide for yourself.

As a connoisseur of that glorious track, I can say that Sim Traxx is the best track in circulation, I am waiting for version 1.1 that will fix the bug of not being able to dispute the qualifying session that there is now, then as written above is a personal opinion but I can assure you that doing the step of Cerda with this wip version has not excited me as with the version written above.

2013 Autobacs Super GT GT500 Definitive Edition Version 3 update by Chivas

View attachment 962899

Definitive Edition v1.5 Build Changelog:
- (All cars) Drivetrain has been updated, grip will no longer be like a magnet even with TC turned on - you now need to manage your throttle carefully or lose control of the car
- (All cars) traction lut has been nerfed
- (All cars) driver animation model has been updated for better immersion for VR Headset users
- (All cars) onboard driver view has been updated to match changes for the new driver animation models

- Flame positions on mufflers has been fixed for HSV-010GT and GT-R
- SC430 now has a unique Rear Mirror exclusively used by WEDSPORT BANDOH in real life
- SC430 now has a rear view monitor inside the interior by ViewTech
- GT-R's rear view monitor has been replaced by ViewTech
- GT-R and SC430's ViewTech monitors uses the IPS Panel Shader Effects (CSP Required)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y61jt...A--pPoObLyRZiTpu022Mnkl-otyc6Cz6whaHVi586JKWc

(edit: The new driver model/posture looks one billion times better in VR. No more itchy armpits! No more flying elbows!)

"Definitive edition" means something different for me... not one update each day xD

Its only a joke, thanks for sharing your job Chivas

Fanatec users: in preperation for the gear on its way I have been hitting the forums, and the more I read the deeper my concern gets, for the DD1 it seems drivers have been in permanent beta since release, and sort of like RainFX the deployments are two steps forward one step back, stuff that was working gets broken when they fix broken stuff.. of chief concern is the "freezing" issue that seems rampant, can anyone that uses the DD1 upload you known good working driver/firmware combo for me please, and best complimentary settings for AC standard FFB settings as well as any suggested tweaks for CSP FFB tweaks, TIA.

Here's a ZIP file with the drivers that I'm using (without any issues) - for the DD1, Clubsport V3 pedals & SQ 1.5 shifter. Use the 64-bit driver installer. (The pedals & shifter driver are also part of this, as well as the wheelbase driver.) There's also a controllers preset file for AC in the ZIP which has my settings for all of this. It has manual shift, paddle shift and sequential shifter mapped to the paddles.

I've also thrown in the Fanalab installer and a preset file of my DD1 settings for AC, which you can import directly into Fanalab.

The settings may not be to your taste, but should get you going a bit faster at the very least. :)

https://sharemods.com/37a2ctkbxeo3/Fanatec_DD1_Clubsport_V3_pedals_SQ1.5_Shifter.zip.html

Now... make sure you delete the driver the comes pre-installed with the wheelbase first if/when you install this stuff. It seems to me that many of the people who end up reporting issues (sometime serious too) don't do this, then get into trouble as a result.

Also: Read the manuals first. I repeat, READ THE MANUALS FIRST ! And don't forget to update the motor firmware via the installer and calibrate the motor as instructed in the manual too.

Finally, as I said, this all works perfectly OK for me, but I can't take any responsibility if it doesn't work for anyone else.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Here's a ZIP file with the drivers that I'm using (without any issues) - for the DD1, Clubsport V3 pedals & SQ 1.5 shifter. Use the 64-bit driver installer. (The pedals & shifter driver are also part of this, as well as the wheelbase driver.) There's also a controllers preset file for AC in the ZIP which has my settings for all of this. It has manual shift, paddle shift and sequential shifter mapped to the paddles.

I've also thrown in the Fanalab installer and a preset file of my DD1 settings for AC, which you can import directly into Fanalab.

The settings may not be to your taste, but should get you going a bit faster at the very least. :)

https://sharemods.com/37a2ctkbxeo3/Fanatec_DD1_Clubsport_V3_pedals_SQ1.5_Shifter.zip.html

Now... make sure you delete the driver the comes pre-installed with the wheelbase first if/when you install this stuff. It seems to me that many of the people who end up reporting issues (sometime serious too) don't do this, then get into trouble as a result.

Also: Read the manuals first. I repeat, READ THE MANUALS FIRST ! And don't forget to update the motor firmware via the installer and calibrate the motor as instructed in the manual too.

Finally, as I said, this all works perfectly OK for me, but I can't take any responsibility if it doesn't work for anyone else.

Good luck!
Sweet, thanks! Lets hope they not shipping to me with Auspost... at work they have lost so many of our damn packages already..

ACTK Buskerud Kartkurs 2 v1.0
Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk in public section

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_s2_actk_buskerud_kartkurs_2_5-9-120-13-22-23.jpg

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_s2_actk_buskerud_kartkurs_2_5-9-120-13-22-6.jpg

Screenshot_ks_abarth_595ss_s2_actk_buskerud_kartkurs_2_5-9-120-13-21-45.jpg
looking good dude!, but its actually quite green in this location, closer to the video I posted, the RF2 and AMS2 versions are much deeper colour, more saturated? not sure how to explain it?

Usually for locations with pale grass, I prefer the look you gave this, but I think this one needs to go deeper.

looking good dude!, but its actually quite green in this location, closer to the video I posted, the RF2 and AMS2 versions are much deeper colour, more saturated? not sure how to explain it?

Usually for locations with pale grass, I prefer the look you gave this, but I think this one needs to go deeper.
I find that a lot of conversions from other sims, have washed out and/or muted colours compared to the game they came from. A lot of it is down to PPfilters within AC, but even with a good filter, things still look generally too dark and muddy.

ETCC 1986

This was a very fun project indeed. And useful, learned to use a little bit of Paintshop along the way. Still a novice of course, so don't be too harsh on the quality of the skins. Will probably release a V2 at some time, with a higher quality skins, when I learn some more about skinning. If you like old racing videos, here's a cool review of the season:

The cars

There were 3 clases of cars competing, the strongest class 3 (over 2500 ccm, around 350 BHP), class 2 (1700-2500 ccm, around 290 BHP, around 2-5 seconds slower a lap than class 3) and class 1 (under 1700 ccm, around 5 seconds slower than class 2). I did not add any of the class 1 cars, as it would be a too large grid and most AC tracks don’t have more than 24 pits.

Class 3
  1. Atcc pack from assettomods.com – (ATCC Group C Pack (v1.5) - Assetto Corsa Mods (assettomods.com):
    1. Volvo 240
    2. BMW 635i
    3. Rover Vitesse V8
    4. Holden Commodore VK
  2. Ford Sierra X4Ri (we don’t have the car in AC, so I included the edited RS500 car (from RD) with edited physics to match the other cars in the zip). Also if you use temporal AA, use the windscreen fix in the attachment. Unpack the Ford_Sierra_RS_Cosworth_ETCC.zip and copy to your Assetto Corsa folder in your ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars.
Class 2
  1. Edited cars from Kunos (cars in the zip):
    1. BMW 325i (modelled after M3 e30 Group A)
    2. Mercedes e190 (modelled after e190 evo II)
  2. Edited Alfa 75 Group A (original from Assetoland)

The skins

Class 3

Rover Bastos team #7, #8, #9
(The skins for the Rover were released not long ago on the RD by @Olyn77. Get them here: ATCC Rover SD1 TWR Bastos Team | RaceDepartment

View attachment 962878

Volvo RAS Sport team #1 and #2
(Slightly modified skins made by @SwissTony for his version of the car found here on GTP): included in the zip
View attachment 962867 View attachment 962868

Holden VK HDT/Australia team #5
(modified original Bathurst 1986 skin from original ATCC pack) and #27 (modified original skin included in the @SwissTony version of the car): included in the zip
View attachment 962865 View attachment 962866

Ford Eggenberger team #3 and #4
(modified original skins posted by @SwissTony here on GTP (basically added number 3, as both skins were #4):
View attachment 962871 View attachment 962872

BMW Ci Bi Emme #14, #15, #16
(scratch made by me): included in the zip
View attachment 962863 View attachment 962862 View attachment 962861

BMW Schnitzer team #10 and #11
View attachment 962859 View attachment 962860

BMW Juma/Belgium team #18
View attachment 962858

BMW Garage du Bac team #29
View attachment 962864

Class 2

BMW Linder team #44 and #45
View attachment 962869 View attachment 962870

Mercedes Snoebeck team #42 and #43
View attachment 962875 View attachment 962876

Mercedes Carlsson team #46 and #47 (scratch made by me): included in the zip
View attachment 962873 View attachment 962874

Alfa Romeo Jolly Club #40 and #48 (scratch made by me): included in the zip
View attachment 962856 View attachment 962857

The ZIP

Inside you'll find the new cars and only skins for atcc cars. Unpack it to content/cars folder:

https://mega.nz/file/SQ9DQCxJ#LKDAIBLVNj0A_lDM2NPbgNkKBTqcEpN6QKTLIYPczMY

BOP and Preset

As said fastest Class 3 cars should be 2-5 seconds faster than fastest Class 2 cars. That doesn't mean we have 2 races in one, but that the fastest class 2 cars run along the slower class 3 cars. Just like it was IRL. Download here:

https://acstuff.ru/s/8qQH

View attachment 962855

The Tracks
  1. Monza – 500 km
  2. Donington – 500 km
  3. Hockenheim (old 1988 short layout) – 500 km
  4. Misano – 500 km
  5. Anderstorp – 500 km
  6. Brno (old street circuit. Actually this was the last race ran on that circuit. Hoping we get the version soon in development by: @gutbomb) – 3,5 hours
  7. Zeltweg (use excellent old 1977 version of the track by @Zwiss found here on GTP. It's closest to what they ran) – 3,5 hours
  8. Nurburgring (one of the first races on the modern track - short layout) – 3,5 hours
  9. Spa – 24 hours
  10. Silverstone TT Trophy (use ’86 version of the track found on Legion’s blog) – 3 hours
  11. Nogaro (use excellent version by @Zwiss found here on GTP) – 3,5 hours
  12. Zolder (also a new layout of the track for that season) – 3,5 hours
  13. Jarama – 4 hours
  14. Estoril – 500 km

Credits

• Assettomods.com – for excellent Group A pack
  • @Olyn77, @SwissTony for skins
  • TCL mod for RF2 for some textures and logos that I could not find on the internet
  • All other creators of cars and tracks for AC

Hope you like this and feedback and critique is always welcome. If anyone with more skinning skills wishes to update these, they are welcome to do so. Contact me through PM for the files.

Incredible work, thank you.

Quick one, could you give a brief idea of your CPU and GPU and settings you run in AC graphics?
The ATCC cars seem to kill my FPS. I can run 19-23 cars on most and with some mods 15 AI but these ATCC i can barely get 10 AI before it becomes a stuttering mess.
My home setup is old but gold
CPU i7 4790
GPU 1060 3GG
60hz TV so v sync to that.

FK8 Civic Type R - Production Version - Update

An attempt to bring the modified FK8 closer to its Production Car settings, this is a learning process so forgive my mistakes...

Altered shader values to get rid of chrome interior items, would like to give the gear knob aluminium texture, but it is included in the same material as other items. Added carbon texture to some interior exterior parts, not perfect but better than the plain black. Real car has fake carbon as standard but you can pay through the nose for the real deal if you so desire!

Playing with traction control frequency and slip levels, reduced engine inertia a little, increased brake performance (maybe too much).

Added coloured race suits.

Looked into the sounds, sounds.ini file does not seem to do anything, tried adjusting levels with it but no luck, sorry beyond my n00b capabilities!

Looked at starting tyre pressures for street tyres, same result as the sound, numbers in the ini file have no effect in game.

Reduced setup ranges of camber / toe to fit with real car specifications.

Changes Made:
Wheel base corrected 2699
Front track corrected 1584
Rear track corrected 1602
Rim Offset changed to 0.06 (it is a plus 60 offset IRL not sure if this value is correct).
Steering ratio adjusted to 11.72:1
Turns lock to Lock adjusted to 2.11
Gearing Adjusted to fit real car.
Rear ARB rate adjusted to fit real car (721ft/lbs).
Wheel rates adjusted to fit real car (Motion ratio 1 front 0.746 rear - Spring rates 4.7kg/mm Front / 4.2Kg/mm rear).
Caster adjusted to 8 degrees.
Camber adjusted to fit real car approx. 1.33 front / 1.5 rear. Barcelona used as a flat pad to check.
Toe adjusted to fit real car approx. 0 front 0.08 rear (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Tyres changed to 245/25/20 from Porsche 911 Carrera Fronts (Street/Semi Slick) Lamborghini Huracan Performante Fronts (Hypercar Road).
Electronics activated TCS and ABS now function, rears do still grab on occasion (suspect because off the ground), but better than without.
Removed high reflective chrome from, interior (hopefully).
Added Carbon trim
Added coloured race suits
Adjusted setup windows to fit with real car specifications (taken from Honda Service instructions on alignment).

Data from CivicX forums / Honda / HKS

To Do:
Learning: I still really don't know what I am doing so may have completely borked the car :embarrassed:
Tyre size is still not spot on should be 245/30/20
Tyre Pressures!? Real car 35Psi front / 33 Psi rear ~220km/h // 41Psi front / 33 Psi Rear 220km/h~
Front ARB rate need to be calculated, I know it is hollow 29mm (0.5mm wall thickness) diameter but no other measurements. Will try and get under the car at some point this week if it is dry outside.
Dampers!?
Ride height!?
Electronics!? The game shows ABS and TCS switched off in the setup screens, not really sure what is working and what isn't.
FFB doesn't really tell you much, especially when understeer creeps in
Some horrid chrome interior textures need to go.
Sounds - The backfire needs to go this car does not pop and crackle from the factory :(
Add race suits

Last edited:
Incredible work, thank you.

Quick one, could you give a brief idea of your CPU and GPU and settings you run in AC graphics?
The ATCC cars seem to kill my FPS. I can run 19-23 cars on most and with some mods 15 AI but these ATCC i can barely get 10 AI before it becomes a stuttering mess.
My home setup is old but gold
CPU i7 4790
GPU 1060 3GG
60hz TV so v sync to that.

I have a constant 50-60 FPS with 24 cars on these settings:
- Ryzen 7 2700 overclocked to 3.8 ghz
- AMD RX570 4gb factory overclocked
- everything set to off or to read from game in AMD Control Center

And these settings in CM (screenshots inside zip): https://mega.nz/file/qcU1VQwQ#CupLN7_171FtyT5VhccycYHR1jTSrF5d4tWbfXTrL7Q

I think quite a big one is "far plane" in graphic adjustments of CSP. And I gained quite a lot doing the visible cars fix, we discussed a while back:

Put these values inside graphic_adjustments.ini inside ...\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config

[VISIBLE_CARS]
; hidden
; four values are for: LOD A, simplified render without some extra bits, LOD C and LOD D

MAIN=2, 6, 16, 28
GBUFFER=2, 6, 12, 12
SHADOWS=2, 4, 4, 12

SPECTATING_MAIN=6, 20, 40, 200
SPECTATING_GBUFFER=3, 12, 24, 24
SPECTATING_SHADOWS=3, 6, 12, 24

MIRROR=1, 2, 8, 12

I find that a lot of conversions from other sims, have washed out and/or muted colours compared to the game they came from. A lot of it is down to PPfilters within AC, but even with a good filter, things still look generally too dark and muddy.

It's funny how people have different tastes: in general I prefer more "foresty", dirty and even "washed out" color themes in tracks. I've actually made a lot of track skins to tone down saturation (I've seen some tracks that are so green that they are almost blue). Editing essential track textures (ground, trees, backgrounds) can literally be a simple 15-minute job, so I wonder why these skins are made and shared so rarely?

I've been thinking about sharing my own tracks skins, but I supposed no-one would really be interested in "TaistoTurri's Washed Out Track Skins Mega-Pack?". :D

My main point in this post is that I'd leave for a track-builder or a converter the choice to pick the color-theme (or to leave it as it is when converted); adjusting the colors to one's liking should IMO the job for the rest of community.

FK8 Civic Type R - Production Version - Update

An attempt to bring the modified FK8 closer to its Production Car settings, this is a learning process so forgive my mistakes...

Altered shader values to get rid of chrome interior items, would like to give the gear knob aluminium texture, but it is included in the same material as other items. Added carbon texture to some interior exterior parts, not perfect but better than the plain black. Real car has fake carbon as standard but you can pay through the nose for the real deal if you so desire!

Playing with traction control frequency and slip levels, reduced engine inertia a little, increased brake performance (maybe too much).

Added coloured race suits.

Looked into the sounds, sounds.ini file does not seem to do anything, tried adjusting levels with it but no luck, sorry beyond my n00b capabilities!

Looked at starting tyre pressures for street tyres, same result as the sound, numbers in the ini file have no effect in game.

Reduced setup ranges of camber / toe to fit with real car specifications.

Changes Made:
Wheel base corrected 2699
Front track corrected 1584
Rear track corrected 1602
Rim Offset changed to 0.06 (it is a plus 60 offset IRL not sure if this value is correct).
Steering ratio adjusted to 11.72:1
Turns lock to Lock adjusted to 2.11
Gearing Adjusted to fit real car.
Rear ARB rate adjusted to fit real car (721ft/lbs).
Wheel rates adjusted to fit real car (Motion ratio 1 front 0.746 rear - Spring rates 4.7kg/mm Front / 4.2Kg/mm rear).
Caster adjusted to 8 degrees.
Camber adjusted to fit real car approx. 1.33 front / 1.5 rear. Barcelona used as a flat pad to check.
Toe adjusted to fit real car approx. 0 front 0.08 rear (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Tyres changed to 245/25/20 from Porsche 911 Carrera Fronts (Street/Semi Slick) Lamborghini Huracan Performante Fronts (Hypercar Road).
Electronics activated TCS and ABS now function, rears do still grab on occasion (suspect because off the ground), but better than without.
Removed high reflective chrome from, interior (hopefully).
Added Carbon trim
Added coloured race suits
Adjusted setup windows to fit with real car specifications (taken from Honda Service instructions on alignment).

Data from CivicX forums / Honda / HKS

To Do:
Learning: I still really don't know what I am doing so may have completely borked the car :embarrassed:
Tyre size is still not spot on should be 245/30/20
Tyre Pressures!? Real car 35Psi front / 33 Psi rear ~220km/h // 41Psi front / 33 Psi Rear 220km/h~
Front ARB rate need to be calculated, I know it is hollow 29mm (0.5mm wall thickness) diameter but no other measurements. Will try and get under the car at some point this week if it is dry outside.
Dampers!?
Ride height!?
Electronics!? The game shows ABS and TCS switched off in the setup screens, not really sure what is working and what isn't.
FFB doesn't really tell you much, especially when understeer creeps in
Some horrid chrome interior textures need to go.
Sounds - The backfire needs to go this car does not pop and crackle from the factory :(
Add race suits

I'm getting parts of the digital instruments visible through my hands/steering wheel when steering. Anyone else?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back