Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,752 comments
Just some random screens of the Panda.

The work on the textures is going well so far :)

__custom_showroom_1602166835.jpg
__custom_showroom_1602166932.jpg
__custom_showroom_1602167051.jpg

Are you missing the rain noise? it's there for me (using 0.1.67 preview 1 and Sol 2.0). It's quite loud. Not sure why you aren't hearing it.
I've tried 0.1.67 now and the rain audio in the cockpit still seems oddly inconsistent, suddenly getting louder or quieter.
Do the same lap in chase cam and the rain noise is nicely consistent, so it sounds like it's just a cockpit issue at the moment and hopefully easy to fix.

I think someone was asking about NeckFX settings recently?
This video was made by one of Ilja's friends.
(needs subtitles turning on if you don't speak Russian)
I really like RHM ACC adapted for AC but this might help someone.

I like RHM too. I want to set up shaking the camera as in the video below. But I have no idea how.

Good morning all. I have recently discovered a new rabbit hole, the new world of ac mods. I have found myself lost for hours enjoying all the cars and tracks. Thank you to all. :bowdown::bowdown:

Last night I had an issue with this car, Alfa Romeo GTA-SA from Miscellaneous Minutiae . Author Legion ? I start the game via CM, the screen would go to the loading page showing car and track info for apx 3-5 seconds, then I get the dialogue box with the message “unexpected error” then the game would just freeze. I switched modded tracks, same msg. I tried this car on Kunos tracks, same message. I tried another car and game loaded fine. I tried search info “unexpected errors” in this thread but not related to my issue.

Maybe this is an easy fix? Like when your TV has no power only to find out the TV is no longer plugged into the outlet. 💡

Thanks again for making this game “new again” and hopefully I will soon be able to dance with this Italian beauty.

That is beyond arrogant.

Problem with this sort of thing is that Mike won't come back here again.
He should of renamed the file, but in fairness all he does is make them specs wise, correct to the real data.
I don't think he claimed the mod as his own at all, in fact i know he didn't.

I think less of the lovely modern day internet fixation with witch hunting, and just politely suggesting he renames mods in future....

I've tried 0.1.67 now and the rain audio in the cockpit still seems oddly inconsistent, suddenly getting louder or quieter.
Do the same lap in chase cam and the rain noise is nicely consistent, so it sounds like it's just a cockpit issue at the moment and hopefully easy to fix.

Sorry Masscot I don´t hear any rain sound in latest patreon build, do I miss some setting in audio maybe?

Good morning all. I have recently discovered a new rabbit hole, the new world of ac mods. I have found myself lost for hours enjoying all the cars and tracks. Thank you to all. :bowdown::bowdown:

Last night I had an issue with this car, Alfa Romeo GTA-SA from Miscellaneous Minutiae . Author Legion ? I start the game via CM, the screen would go to the loading page showing car and track info for apx 3-5 seconds, then I get the dialogue box with the message “unexpected error” then the game would just freeze. I switched modded tracks, same msg. I tried this car on Kunos tracks, same message. I tried another car and game loaded fine. I tried search info “unexpected errors” in this thread but not related to my issue.

Maybe this is an easy fix? Like when your TV has no power only to find out the TV is no longer plugged into the outlet. 💡

Thanks again for making this game “new again” and hopefully I will soon be able to dance with this Italian beauty.
Verify video resolution inside CM, Settings, Assetto Corsa, Video

Video_SET1.png

Carefully set with your maximum monitor resolution and refresh

Last edited:
nly driven the GTR out of new chivas GT500's and I have a full Full CSW Fanatec setup and it felt fine to me the only issue I have was a heavy right foot (yes I drive on the right side of the road :)) in second gear out of the corners that caused me big problems.
I adjusted my exit and it was fine.
I was all so racing with a mate in a full motion rig and DD wheel and he was driving the L

I have actually had this happen because of a programmed peripheral not being plugged in. I forgot to plug my steering wheel base in after using the USB slot and no race would ever load (same error message). It turned out to be as stupid as a USB (which was programmed for controls) not being plugged in.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just discovered something while looking at Gran Turismo cars on its Wikia site...

I remember that a year ago Velo made a race variant of the Mitsubishi Starion converted by Nabaoui (Navi Street Mods), now I recently found something interesting about its Group B variant which was featured in GT4. Essentially its none other than the same car as the stock one we all have, just with a different front bumper, hood, seats and steering wheel, that's all. And just when I thought that it was a completely different version to the production one we first saw in Forza, it is actually that same one from Turn 10's franchise, just that PD (actually SEGA first in SEGA GT 2002, stupid me...) predated its video game debut but as its Group B variant.

So what I'm thinking about is to see someone recreate it by modeling its front bumper and hood, find equal or similar RECARO seats and its steering wheel, whatever brand its made by. (And maybe even recreate all of its liveries including the State Express 555 one used in the 1986 Hong Kong-Beijing Rally)
70005033283019022000100Lead-min.jpg
mitsubishi-starion-4wd-rally-group-b-prototype-12.jpg
mitsubishi-starion-4wd-rally-group-b-prototype-13.jpg

More info here: http://classiccardb.com/mitsubishi/471761-mitsubishi-starion-4wd-rally-group-b-prototype.html

Last edited:
I've just seen, you have solved out thanks to Ian, It would be my last resort i.e. unpack in your program folder forcing a manual install (after we have had cleaned correctly the registry) anyway there are wrong check during install phase and uninstall one.
Happy that you have solved.

Yea, No worries ;)

What I can not seem to do (still) is to update crewchief. It returns the following...

Capturar.JPG

Hey guys,

can you help me to collect all general AC performance tweaks?

I will begin with this one:

> assettocorsa\system\cfg
------
assetto_corsa.ini

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=-1

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
THREADS= (set the half number of threads of your CPU in here, i have 16 threads so i put 8)
-----

@ales100i you had one "secret hidden" ;) tweak. but i could not find it by searching in here.

Last edited:
Tropical Island v0.80 (Simraceway) by RMi

Take a holiday...
View attachment 962698 View attachment 962699
View attachment 962700 View attachment 962701

- 10 pits (will fix alignment next ver)
- crude AI (help!)
- no cams (help!)
- dirt/sand fun
- scenic
- enjoy with TC / Rally / Kunos cars (drives great with normal tires)

:: DOWNLOAD ::

I really like nice landscapes in AC, especially with oceansides. Will you put more work into this?
This reminds me of my childhood days playing Sega Rally and all this arcade stuff, where the graphics blow me away at this time.
Do you know SHOX on Playstation2 ? .. on your track i also had flashbacks to this one
1829_2002-07-16screen5_large.jpg

What I can not seem to do (still) is to update crewchief. It returns the following...

View attachment 963585
Hi!
Try this:

1 - Share your C: driver:

1.1 - Open a Windows Explorer window;
1.2 - Right click on drive C:;
1.3 - Choose Properties:

upload_2020-10-8_14-32-46.png

1.4 - In the Properties Window, choose Sharing, then click on Advanced Sharing buttom:

upload_2020-10-8_14-37-27.png

1.5 - Now click to check Share this folder and click OK on both Windows, to close them:

upload_2020-10-8_14-38-58.png

2 - Now, open command prompt:

upload_2020-10-8_14-28-6.png

2 - Then type the following:

net use h: \\127.0.0.1\c

3 - Hit ENTER
(in the image bellow I use J: because I already have an H: drive in my computer)
upload_2020-10-8_14-50-24.png

4 - See if the share worked, type this:

dir H:

5 - Hit ENTER;

6 - If it was successful, it will show you the drive C: content, but as an H: folder;

upload_2020-10-8_14-51-38.png

7 - Now, try to uninstall Crewchief.

Either if you you succeed to remove Crewchief or not, it's better to remove drive C: sharing. Follow steps from 1 to 1.5 and uncheck the Share this folder. It will tell you that the share is in use by a user, don't mind and confirm the exclusion.

The ideia here it to create an H: driver for your system to find the installation and be able to remove it.

After remove the sharing, try to install Crewchief again, but this time on drive C:

I hope it works.

Cheers :cheers:

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-8_14-24-2.png
    upload_2020-10-8_14-24-2.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 8
  • upload_2020-10-8_14-34-35.png
    upload_2020-10-8_14-34-35.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey guys,

------
assetto_corsa.ini

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
THREADS= (set the half number of threads of your CPU in here, i have 16 threads so i put 8)
-----

@ales100i you had one "secret hidden" ;) tweak. but i could not find it by searching in here.

I didnt know about this...PLEASE my friends can you give me an opinion about mi ideal confiuration?
i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb
16Gb RAM DDR3
Windows 7

I see in my assetto_corsa.ini and i have this values:
[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=-1
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
THREADS=-1

I need to change for best performance???

Hey guys,

------
assetto_corsa.ini

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
-----

Any proof that it gets you better fps or some explanation about these things? Thanks

I didnt know about this...PLEASE my friends can you give me an opinion about mi ideal confiuration?
i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb
16Gb RAM DDR3
Windows 7

I see in my assetto_corsa.ini and i have this values:
[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=-1
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
THREADS=-1

I need to change for best performance???

just read my description i posted. 💡
and google how much threads your cpu has.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back