Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,078 comments
This might help some of you guys.

Excellent, long loading time is gone on my end.
Checked what is FTH and it's "Fault Tolerant Heap". After several crash, windows automatically try to mitigate the issue and apply special parameters to associated application. This doesn't work well when crash comes from added mods, which is quite common.
So adding acs.exe to exclusion list is totally safe. That's a nice find.

edit : this fixed also one micro freeze that happened at each session, just after starting to drive. I spent time with SOL and CSP thinking it was the culprit for this micro stutter. I'm so happy that it's finally gone.
Once again I give thanks to everyone here! :gtpflag: For the longest I suffer from really long load time from both CM and the loading screen. I simply thought because I have too many mods so I just bear with it. Out of curiosity I try following video directions as posted above and Holy S!!! Not only I see both CM and the loading screen times improved, but I also got a nice FPS boosted during races!! Now mod tracks like Algarve (which ran poorly on my PC) now runs much smoother! even with AI. (Before it would shudder and run below 60 fps) So again thanks for recommending this and Happy Holidays!

Does anyone else have issues with trees around the corkscrew on Laguna Seca flickering? And if so, did you manage to find a fix? Part of me feels like this is related to CSP settings, but I'm pretty sure I remember this happening when I last had my game bone stock without mods. This has been a problem since I got the game, and never found a fix. Now that I've been driving the RSS Indycar around there more often, I would like to find a fix if possible :)

video example -

Tracks VAO baking test
Testing different VAO bakers, big differences in size and quality

test track: rmi_idss_myogicircuit

no VAO, ,
Screenshot-noVAO1.jpg
custom
Screenshot-cust1.jpg
bakeryO
Screenshot-bakeO1.jpg
OptixB
Screenshot-Obake1.jpg

- CustomTracksBakery (the bakery I have used for all of my releases)
size: 541k
Less artifacts of all

- bakeryoptix
size: 144k

- optiXBakery
size: 290k

Both optixB and bakery0 produce mesh join artifacts and texture flashing.

I have the same problem, but i don´t see the RainFX in CSP settings. Help?
I have exactly the same configuration as you but for around 6 months the rain is no longer in the SOL mod as before, the rain is in the CSP paid version (patreon version), in the public version 1.68 CSP there is does not have the RAIN FX option in the CUSTOM SHADER PATCH menus ...

I have exactly the same configuration as you but for around 6 months the rain is no longer in the SOL mod as before, the rain is in the CSP paid version (patreon version), in the public version 1.68 CSP there is does not have the RAIN FX option in the CUSTOM SHADER PATCH menus ...
Hi, I downloaded Sol 2.0 RC4 and updated to the public CSP 0.168, and I'm wondering why I can't see any rain anywhere. I chose Rain (Sol) in the weather coloumn, I checked that Sol is the PP filter, and that weather FX are on and Sol 2.0 is chosen, and I tried Kunos Spa, and no rain on the windscreen, nor on the road, but the clouds are changing when I change weather in the Sol app. What am I doing wrong that rain disappeared completely? Because half a year ago I can remember I had rain on my windscreen, so maybe I did something wrong...

Lets see. I have not tried a GPL to AC conversion. I dont do "3d work" as such and most need it. It is easier to convert a GPL track that was converted already to any Gmotor2 game (F1C, GTL, GTR/2, rFactor/2)

I just wasted 4hr because 3dSimed decided to nest all, ALL of my object name edits for 1WALLS_ and other critical surfaces getting IDSS Usai to have something more than a driveable road (separate mesh)... ARGGGGG

No problem, I may make a request from time to time, but I have know idea what is involved to make it happen. I am satisfied if it can't be done, no big deal. Thanks for replying, and keep up the good work really enjoying some of these tracks.

Does anyone else have issues with trees around the corkscrew on Laguna Seca flickering? And if so, did you manage to find a fix? Part of me feels like this is related to CSP settings, but I'm pretty sure I remember this happening when I last had my game bone stock without mods. This has been a problem since I got the game, and never found a fix. Now that I've been driving the RSS Indycar around there more often, I would like to find a fix if possible :)

video example -

Try to disable "dynamic shadows" and see if it works now.
upload_2020-12-12_10-23-25.png

Is there any way to reduce "water spray" that cars leave behind them?I cant see the road even in light rain.They give strange effect like my windscreen is foggy when I drive close behind a car.I didnt try at night Im scared lol
Thanks!
I'm using CSP 1.69 and SOL 2.0 rc4
Also I have water on track on some of them straight after I enter a race.Mostly I have to use rain debug and then I can see rain on the track that has rainfx.

Last edited:
Love that car!Thanks for the update.It should be H pattern shifting though.

A new update to a mod I updated over 1 year ago or so

download link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/fbs28c2b9xz9skr/ag_honda_nsx_r_gt.7z/file

Greeting's everyone here is an updated version of Assetto Garage's Honda NSX-R GT by me Tyler Sanders(Peugeot 905)

-updated drivetrain and gear ratio's
-Added 14% drivetrain loss to power.lut
-updated .tyre file
-updated power.lut file
-update's to car.ini
-modifications to the car's ride height
-changed fuel tank size
-New sounds.

Second update

Changes to the UI. file changes to car.ini(Fuel tank position, Fuel Consumption, Car inertia and etc.)

TO DO

Resize tyres they are too large looks like they are 355/20's all around. If someone could please make the tyres the same size as the GMP NSX-R that would be great.(not good at modeling personally)

View attachment 977642 View attachment 977643 View attachment 977644 View attachment 977645 View attachment 977646

Some fixes to the Bolide by GIBBONS:
- Fixed windows glass
- Full AO map on body paint (can now be painted in CM)
- Full AO map and retexturing and reshading of all carbon fibre
- Shader adjustment on almost all exterior areas and multiple texture changes
- Separate exhaust material and shader
- Fixed rear lights to work as both brakes and normal rear lights
- New ambient shadows

Link: https://sharemods.com/64egly96ftpm/bugatti_bolide_0.2.0.rar.html

Eh I don't mind Esprit / DDM's mods. They're well done.
Wish I could skin it, though. But I can't. Not with their hard encryption.

Agreed. Espirit has made really good encrypted GT conversions if realistically only them cars by him are if not the best-encrypted cars (imo), but there might be another good person who does encrypt cars (you never know) but again I don't know

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back