Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,444 comments
Love to see the early 2000s prototype talk. Some of you that visit RD may have seen some of my early ALMS skin packs, so I'm all for more early 00s content talk.

I'll tackle this in the coming week or two - I have another project on the verge of release and once that's done I will attempt this one.

I scratch-made the ALMS 2000 skins for this one (it ran Charlotte and Silverstone) - there are some funky mapping things I want to fix - mainly the front intake.

Firstly welcome to GTPlanet, and if you're the one who made the 2003 skins (I think) then it's great to see you here on this forum. I actually wondered if anyone made attempt on some of the 1999 LMP skins or created some skins for the 333 SP since we only got 2 (that came with the mod).

10577.jpg

Has someone made these skins from the Audi R18 Ultra at Sebring 2012 and is willing to share them? I know @Cessna2807 has them but he doesn´t release them.

I think there is an R18 Ultra mod but I'm not sure...if there is, it's got to be for sure a private mod

@SpeedStar2000
The Audi R18 TDI was is one of the Simdream packs, i don´t know about an R18 Ultra either, for me the 2012 skins for the 2011 car would be fine anyway, i just asked for the skins and not the real car counterpart.

Does anyone else with triple screens have the issue where dust and smoke is masked/occluded by what appears to be a mask of the wrong aspect ratio? I get gaps in the smoke/dust that correspond to the pillars, mirrors etc, but they are squashed and weird. Has been happening for a while now, definitely with CSP 0.1.66 and now with 0.1.68 it’s still there.

Fixed it. CSP settings > Particles FX > under 'New smoke and dust' > untick 'Render in half resolution when possible' (I assume the half resolution works in the vertical but is not quite right for the horizontal res associated with triple screens).

I reinstalled the car and followed all of the processes for this replacement file. I even tried the alternate ways of doing it as people in the discussion thread suggested. Brake lights are still broken.

Very interesting..it worked for me. Just in case, please make sure that the "data.acd" file is unpacked, then either renamed or deleted.

Hi! Thank you so much for this brilliant car. Nice to drive. The attention to details is fantastic, great to make screenshots and race, too. The interior has so many details to look at, in particular with VR.
Really, thank you for sharing your art with us! By far one of my preffered cars, in my 870 cars collection.
Now, I think that it may have something to do on my side, but the windows look like as if they don't have glass, it just reflects direct light... hard to explain. I've attached an image as an example, look at the back window, it looks like as if the art sticker is flowing in the air.
Apart from this, I loved the car and can't wait to see what comes next.

Screenshotvwbeetlera.jpg

Cheers :cheers:
Thanks for that report...I will check that and I will release an update soon with better collider and windscreen compatible Rain Fx

I think it's human nature or something....that ppl hate the fact that something they made can be improved and for some reason they it take it to heart. IMO I don't see anything wrong with this....If i was the builder of the track, I'd just look to see what was done that made it better, and learn from that.
I see what you mean but I've not made the tracks better as a track, only the experience of the track whilst driving F1 hopefully. For me it matters that the sponsors are correct whilst driving that genre even if you're not really looking at them as you drive. Its just an addition to the immersion and they are easily selectable or not. Just another choice for the user. Based on feedback I've received over the year I've continued to finish them all. I've done a few track that aren't F1 tracks like Watkins Glen for myself. I love that track but only put the F1 skin on when racing F1, I know its wrong but I enjoy it. I choose it and thats what its about. Choice and enjoyment. Enjoyment of a title helps keep it fresh and alive.

Ok, the artwork, in the other post you talked about a stand....
I already try to make this but i'm not happy with the result, i've not enough skill to do this perfectly so i prefer to close a clean work, even if some details are missing, i'm sorry....

@RMi_wood

Since you seem to be the track conversion guy around here, do you have the ability to convert these tracks from Grand Prix Legends, if a 10 year old mod is even good?

Grand Prix Legends - 1967 Sports Car Mod Released | VirtualR.net - 100% Independent Sim Racing News

I think a couple have been updated somewhat to AC and either moved up to 1970s or something. I have no way of looking at these to see what quality they are even in. Maybe they could be 'prettied up' with some of the CSP options.

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask.

anybody has a mirror link to puebla and portland? the sharemods download page won´t load now, for security reasons apparently (it loaded perfectly fine a few months back when I got a troyan from there :/)

Lets see. I have not tried a GPL to AC conversion. I dont do "3d work" as such and most need it. It is easier to convert a GPL track that was converted already to any Gmotor2 game (F1C, GTL, GTR/2, rFactor/2)

I just wasted 4hr because 3dSimed decided to nest all, ALL of my object name edits for 1WALLS_ and other critical surfaces getting IDSS Usai to have something more than a driveable road (separate mesh)... ARGGGGG

moderator: the new advertisement system reloads the ads stealing the cursor focus and stressing the browser when trying to write messages, its super annoying.

Lets see. I have not tried a GPL to AC conversion. I dont do "3d work" as such and most need it. It is easier to convert a GPL track that was converted already to any Gmotor2 game (F1C, GTL, GTR/2, rFactor/2)

I just wasted 4hr because 3dSimed decided to nest all, ALL of my object name edits for 1WALLS_ and other critical surfaces getting IDSS Usai to have something more than a driveable road (separate mesh)... ARGGGGG

moderator: the new advertisement system reloads the ads stealing the cursor focus and stressing the browser when trying to write messages, its super annoying.
Yeah it is easy I can help you getting the model of the gpl track.

Last edited:

Keep up the great work @RMi_wood you have done. I also have had 3dsimed do funny things on me and I dont do as elaborate track work that you provide. Frustrating at times but fun when we get things to work.

take care,

x4fab has uploaded VAO Patches for all Kunos cars using a special OptiX bakery that bounces light around, effective immediately they're all available for download through CM

Some issues are present such as the RSR 2017 being too dark as the windows weren't properly set up but overall this is a good thing, makes a lot of that late 2014 content look much better.
thanks for the reminder.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back