Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
You need at least 1.65, and if you look at the mod's notes, they list 1.67.

I'm running 1.65 with SOL 2.0 in VR without any notable issues. i7 7700k, GTX 1080 Ti, Windows 10.

Ok. I prefer not to use buggy versions of CSP because I’ve had a bunch of weird issues in the past, so I suppose I’ll hold off until the stable versions catch up to use the showroom on this one.

Last edited:
In case anyone who bought it has missed it, Tommy78 has a new update for his DTM '91 car pack. Changelog states that all the placeholder suspensions have been replaced and quite a lot of other changes. I haven't tried anything out for more than a few minutes, but good to see updates getting done as the 3D work is good and I have had a good experience communicating with him when I had small issues with downloading from his website that since been resolved.

https://tpongracz.com/2020/12/16/ac-dtm-91-v1-2-update-released/

View attachment 979414
nice from you to inform about the updates of the DTM 91 mod. I bought the cars from him some some weeks ago and I'm a fan of his work since then

I have had lightning turn up in my good weather. I managed to turn the thunder off but cant figure out the lightning. I searched around but nothing.

Anyone know how to turn the lightning off or control it? thanks

Request fulfilled!

RainFX for ks_Monza_66:

View attachment 979399

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I also thought that all the Kuno's tracks had been updated via CM, however when looking through "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded" Many tracks don't even have an .ini file. "ks_silverstone1967" is an example of the lack of a .ini file for shader settings. However I found one for Silverstone 67 in this awesome thread. Thanks again bro! :)

Hi all here is another Loch Drummond update, a few bits and pieces sorted and to me looking ok for someone that hasn't got a clue what their doing lol. All done in 3dsimed because i can't use anything else. trees will come some time next month ;) mind the cones.

have included ext_config but its snippets from everywhere so if anyone would like to take a look and correct all the mistakes lol that would be great also a nice fast lane wouldn't go a miss.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cs6ewf6kzfcconb/lochdrummond+1.4.7z/file
I have the (imo) best available actk_lochdrummond installed. So these files are not going to work. I don't know what you may have changed, but I'm curious. Could you do the same for the actk version ?

Another Fecebook release... busy weekend.

Buja Gili
oJUaDQAiBQe.png

Admin
· utStponsotre34mdm ·

Time to RELEASE the v0.73 Beta
Long POST, PLS READ carefully!! so you don't miss anything
MNBA presents:
Mercedes AMG GT Black Series (v0.73beta, min. CSP 1.67)
NEXT UPDATE by
Nicolas Brunet
(thx for your help m8)
Changelog in car description
-Model=CSR2 + PARTS from RTM GTR
-Convert=Exitus
-Animations=Exitus
-Physics=Exitus (without RL data, will come in future updates)
-Textures=Exitus,
Nizar Razzouk
and
Adriaan Suy
-Testdrivers:
Reiner Heinrich
and John D Rippert (thx soo much guys)
-Screenshots= Johannes Schellhammer,
Sean O'Shea
and again thx to
Miguel Silva
for being patient with me and teaching me in 3dsmax. THX to MNBA most of it wouldnt be possible without you!!!
if you want to change the colored daylight, in the skins folder is a ext_config file. open it and change folowing lines:
COLOR=40,40,40
OFF_COLOR=20,20,20
ANIMATIONS:
!!!check your keybindings for Extra A-D!!!
-Clusterchange from S to S+ (ingame attached to ExtraA)
-Blinkerstalk L+R
-brake pedal,gas pedal + Driverfeet (only test, need to fix Driver animation)
-door L+R, Trunk (including Pistons)
-Hood (ingame attached to ExtraC, including Pistons)
-Mirrors folding in (attached to Gear N)
-Wing 1 (attached by speed, including Pistons)
-Wing 2 (attached to brake, will fix that, real life is manually in pitstop)
-Wing 3 (Spoiler lip front, need to fix that, Attached to ExtraB)
-Wipers
-light switch (attached by lights on/off)
EXTRAS
-try the paintshop
-S Cluster and S+ cluster fully working same as LCD (over 300 objects needed, low pc may have problems)
-abaut 50 Digital Instruments working in all displays + LCD
-Steeringwheel displays working (ABS+TC)+(S and S+)
-Working TC on console (TC wheel will be animated and also working like lcd displays)
-Foglights (attached to ExtraD)
-wiper shake (by speed and wind)
-Rain ready
-addaptive brake light (G_threshold 1.48)
-exhaust + Engine shake (by RPM)
-full Damage body + glass (textures are terrible, will be redone)
-dont know if i forgot something
1f605.png

KNOWN ISSUES:
-AO Mapping needs to be complete redone, some weird shadows on overlapping parts
-AO on wheels NOT done yet
-Driver animation
-front window has some weird shadows while driving (shadowcast?!?)
-Sound have problems with new flames!!! (you may change with the GT63s, same sound without pops and bangs)
-dont had the time to work with reallife data i got from Mercedes
-visuals and physics will get complete rework
-and and and.....
car is on about 34-38% done!!! Still working on it.
1f60e.png

stay tuned for future updates!
If you want to spend me a coffee
1f604.png
1f609.png
:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick...
DONWLOAD:
https://mega.nz/file/pNwjHShK...

131717992_10159740755649587_5726357543333832426_o.jpg

It's coming along nicely, but make sure you look at this video first:

Same problem as with the GT63S mod, the redline is at 7000 rpm, not 6500, the speedo goes to 360 not 330. There are a few other things with the MBUX that's missing like, the red trailing needles / missing boost gauge / missing speedo, but these are negligable.
What I want to emphasize is, stop making it CSP dependent. It's great that you make use of CSP, but stop making the car so that it doesn't work without.
I had to put in some serious work to make the GT63S not be dependent on CSP.

EDIT:
My bad on the digital speedo, that is present on the MBUX. I couldn't test it in game yet and didn't see it, but I managed to make it work now.

Last edited:
I have the (imo) best available actk_lochdrummond installed. So these files are not going to work. I don't know what you may have changed, but I'm curious. Could you do the same for the actk version ?

if thats the best then you better stick with it :)

this is that track but imo looks a lot better.

Last edited:
Are the tail lights grey/odd looking too? there are some issues with refractions, in that case try to disable "Use shading multisampling" in ReflectionsFX.
If it's about older cars I think about refractions issues, it might not be that one though.
Hi Been testing cars for rear lights. I found out the car I had a problem with was a beta car so I guess
not sorted yet. Tested all others from Kunos,VCR ,RSS,DRM etc all ok.
I have noticed that the Kunos cars interior is very dark now on all there cars in VR. They were ok before.
All other cars are fine. Another weird thing.

-snip-

Same problem as with the GT63S mod, the redline is at 7000 rpm, not 6500, the speedo goes to 360 not 330. There are a few other things with the MBUX that's missing like, the red trailing needles / missing boost gauge / missing speedo, but these are negligable.
What I want to emphasize is, stop making it CSP dependent. It's great that you make use of CSP, but stop making the car so that it doesn't work without.
Sorry for the pointless quote, but are you the same SgtKanyo that made GTA IV handling lines years ago? Those were great.

Sorry for the pointless quote, but are you the same SgtKanyo that made GTA IV handling lines years ago? Those were great.

Yes I am. From lcpdfr.com and from smokey8808's car mods.
My "handling mods" are now for AC lol.
IV had a pretty nice physics engine, even when I look back at it right now. No difference between LSD or open differential, can't set up gear ratios, but still, it's pretty nice.

Last edited:

EDIT:
My bad on the digital speedo, that is present on the MBUX. I couldn't test it in game yet and didn't see it, but I managed to make it work now.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2030#post-13309990

My modified version of Interlagos. (original from patrickpat/acu)
- Added missed fences on backstraight
- added surround buildings
- SRO sponsors and some 2020 textures
- no temp stands and F1 objets to make the track looks more like a "real" weekend race at Interlagos
- include modified "lebluem" nightlights
- added new skidmarks
- added rainfx
- added grassfx

e0btzhm

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kviwpwky4o2il7d/interlagos_2020.rar/file

Last edited:
HELLO DEAR FRIEND

980ti gpu and ryzen 3500x cpu 1080p 75 fps would be enough for csp 1.60 and s.o.l?

You might want to upgrade that gpu soon, otherwise it should.
Regarding your earlier post, csp is pretty flexible and you can get great performance out of it, in some cases better than vanilla AC.
Off the top of my head, the things that lower performance the most would be extraFX, rain and light; in the regular assetto corsa video settings, lower the world details, smoke generations, shadow and reflections resolution and turn off the heat shimmering.
Content wise, use mods that don´t have a million triangles or loose objects all over the place; the way to see this is by tunring on the fps monitor app in-game and watching the tri and DIP count, for DIP anything below 2500-3000 dip count should perform fine

Last edited:
So I managed to UV/AO map cars externally for the first time after having followed a tutorial about it made by Mamiya Motors:

The first one I tried doing is my Skyline DR30 Super Silhouette which sadly seemed hard next to impossible since its livery is composed of separate 2D meshes making up all of its sponsors so I doubt there would ever be a way to UV map it properly, prove me wrong tho hopefully.

The second is RTM's Porsche 935 from CSR2 which was really easy to map in 3DS, only problem is that its base livery got screwed up after I mapped it, so I hope someone remakes it and perhaps also makes that Mentos one I saw in Project CARS 3, I'll send the car via PM if anyone's interested.
(But it generally needs to be reworked quite a lot 'cuz **** RTM of course)
__custom_showroom_1608502140.png

The last one is @TonyBarracuda Cizeta V12T, which in all honesty was a nightmare to work with since it took me quite a few days making it perfect since it has tons of badly separated groups of objects spreaded around the car and was really hard to figure out which ones interfered with the external body. But finally I managed to perfect it completely a couple of days ago, plus improving a few shaders too like leather and plastic ones as well.
preview.jpg

(̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶G̶T̶1̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶.̶.̶.̶)̶

hi, exist to assetto corsa these circuits:????
- pocono raceway
- iowa speedway
- Gateway Motorsport Park

Besides using Google and searching Youtube (there's often links in descriptions), the best thing to do first is to use the Search bar at the top of the page, and check "Search this thread." You might have to use some variants of word combinations to find what you're looking for. Then, if you still can't find it, you can ask, and there's usually a few people here that will help you out.

For these tracks, you might do some research for other names for them. Track names often change over time, or they have another more commonly used name, or they may be referred to as the name of a nearby city.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I also thought that all the Kuno's tracks had been updated via CM, however when looking through "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded" Many tracks don't even have an .ini file. "ks_silverstone1967" is an example of the lack of a .ini file for shader settings. However I found one for Silverstone 67 in this awesome thread. Thanks again bro! :)

You're very welcome! It is certainly a track deserving of a rain file! Occasionally, I have found a config in a different location.. the Contents\Tracks folder, if I recall. But in a recent case, Hockenheim by T78, for example, I haven't found a config at all. I'll have to as him about it.

Let me know if you think of anything else you'd appreciate a config for; I'm pretty quick with them now.

So I managed to UV/AO map cars externally for the first time after having followed a tutorial about it made by Mamiya Motors:

The first one I tried doing is my Skyline DR30 Super Silhouette which sadly seemed hard next to impossible since its livery is composed of separate 2D meshes making up all of its sponsors so I doubt there would ever be a way to UV map it properly, prove me wrong tho hopefully.

The second is RTM's Porsche 935 from CSR2 which was really easy to map in 3DS, only problem is that its base livery got screwed up after I mapped it, so I hope someone remakes it and perhaps also makes that Mentos one I saw in Project CARS 3, I'll send the car via PM if anyone's interested.
(But it generally needs to be reworked quite a lot 'cuz **** RTM of course)
View attachment 979505

The last one is @TonyBarracuda Cizeta V12T, which in all honesty was a nightmare to work with since it took me quite a few days making it perfect since it has tons of badly separated groups of objects spreaded around the car and was really hard to figure out which ones interfered with the external body. But finally I managed to perfect it completely a couple of days ago, plus improving a few shaders too like leather and plastic ones as well.
View attachment 979506
(̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶G̶T̶1̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶.̶.̶.̶)̶

awesome!

From what I see popping up there it's mostly car mods, and probably half of them are somewhat tuned and/or lowered (or M3s), for which I don't have much use, but whatever floats your boat, eh?
For tracks I think this thread is more useful :D

Thanks for your info @TMLM Thats kind of what i thought it might be is just CAR mods - which I dont collect allot of cars to save space on my PC. I have certain CAR mods I use all the time. I have several other great facebook pages that I am joined to that provide tracks plus gtpanet forum here is great for new tracks and updates. take care.

You're very welcome! It is certainly a track deserving of a rain file! Occasionally, I have found a config in a different location.. the Contents\Tracks folder, if I recall. But in a recent case, Hockenheim by T78, for example, I haven't found a config at all. I'll have to as him about it.

Let me know if you think of anything else you'd appreciate a config for; I'm pretty quick with them now.
Laguna Seca is the main one I want RainFX for. Seems weird that 'Weathertech' Raceway doesn't support weather all that well :(

Hey guys. So I bought Assetto Corsa on Steam a long time ago and haven't been updating it or playing it at all. Recently it hit me that I could use it as a platform to do something I enjoy in real life, bombing up and down canyon/mountain roads. So I thought about updating the game and looking for some mods to do just that. Anyone have any recommendations?

hi, exist to assetto corsa these circuits:????
- pocono raceway
- iowa speedway
- Gateway Motorsport Park

You will find pocono and Iowa tracks on this Nascar Facebook page-need to search under the ANNOUNCMENTS tab. Link Below. All the tracks in this facebook group are mostly just oval tracks. There is a Gateway track I found, but it is a drifting track. you will have google search for that one - needs allot work to make it a good AI racing track with starting grid and pits.. I dont remember where I got it.

(20+) Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod | Facebook go to this link for pocono and Iowa. There are allot of other oval tracks there

Has anyone else had any weird experiences at Mills Metropark recently? Like some really stretched textures that go across the track when CSP is active.

I tried to take a screenshot but the textures seem to reset when it's rendering and then stretch again once the photo is taken.

Hey guys. So I bought Assetto Corsa on Steam a long time ago and haven't been updating it or playing it at all. Recently it hit me that I could use it as a platform to do something I enjoy in real life, bombing up and down canyon/mountain roads. So I thought about updating the game and looking for some mods to do just that. Anyone have any recommendations?

In case you don't have these installed, they're necessary for most recent mods...
https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/updates#resource-update-66827

A few of the popular "track" mods that first come to mind...
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/
https://sharemods.com/9koyaypv1lmt/ddm_fujimi_kaido.rar.html
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/feldbergring.21195/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fonteny.30137/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/deutschlandring.25977/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back