Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,460 comments
Can i request that Symmons Plains gets a RainFx update.
It's a classic circuit in the Supercars Championship. It's a small fast flowing circuit. And the weather is a bit mixed.
Any Fans of Supercars can remember some wild moments over the years at Symmons Plains in the wet.
If someone could do the update it would be very appreciate.
Cheers ;)

Tbh, a better version of Symmons Plains would be welcome too...

Sorry to keep bringing you trouble, but you missed this one on the picture. It's the second Horsehoe.

The offtrack parts are there but they're not getting detected by AC. I think it's because you didn't set the value on BLACK_FLAG_TIME with OUT surface in surfaces.ini. When you set it to 10 it actually works and it cancels your current lap time.

View attachment 987830
The upload was messed up, 1.2.2 is up now :embarrassed:. The track up to the barriers is still valid but the barriers now stop you.

Sorry for the quick updates guys, Daytona 1.2.2 should now all be good 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2176#post-13338577

Last edited:
GRASS FX / NO SPECTATORS* for Symmons Plains:

* works only if it has been activated in CM

upload_2021-1-28_12-10-14.png

Put these lines into ext_config.ini:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASS, GRASS_OUTFIELD
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD_TRACKMAIN_W, SAND_01, CURB_F_WET, SIGN_STYRA_SPON, TWALL_BANK, ROAD_TRACKSKID_WET, ARMCO_02, PITWALL, CURB_S_WET, CONCRETE_01, WALL_CONC_BASE, STRP_WLINE, GRASS_TWALL, SIGN_MARKERS
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = symmons_grass

; blurring for mask

MASK_BLUR = 1 ; from 0 to 3, 0 to disable blur
; base settings
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.7
SHAPE_TIDY = 0.5
SHAPE_CUT = 0.5
[INCLUDE: common/grass_fx.ini]

[SPECTATORS]
MESHES = CROWD?

Last edited:
Updated Rain FX for symmons_plains circuit by (bigchook)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/symmons-plains.8932/
Also works with Terra21 updated version
https://mega.nz/file/nDgn3ZxJ#qdVVhXeCYBTi-5O-LA4XSFlrbdWd4ecNZhfOvA3R3PU
symmons_plains_rainfx track bg.jpg

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\
symmons_plains.ini

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 28th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Request for a rainfx version - Basic config of RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?, ?CURB?, CONCRETE_01
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?,STRP_WLINE, ?CURB?, CONCRETE_01
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?ARMCO?, PITWALL, ?SPONSOR?, WALL_CONC_BASE, VEH_AMB, TWALL_COVER, ?SIGN?, GARAGE_TOP_ROOF, START_GANTRY_GLASS, START_LIGHT, MARSHAL_STRUT
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?, ?SAND?, BRIDGE, TWALL_BANK, START_GANTRY, STARTER_MESH_ROOF
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_WLINE, ?CURB?,
STREAM_EDGE_... = 171.98, 6.66, 88.07, 155.27, 6.56, 104.97
STREAM_EDGE_... = -23.81, 5, -220.81, -16.31, 5.44, -177.47
STREAM_EDGE_... = 145.18, 4.8, 94.45, 143.42, 4.8, 91.99
STREAM_POINT_... = 5.25, 5.81, -144.7
STREAM_POINT_... = 2.97, 2.14, -144.76

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Attachments

• symmons_plains_RainFX.txt
    878 bytes · Views: 40
Last edited:
Are there working on a new version of Circuito de Jerez? The one that is already there is old and also has big faults in the heightmap of several curves. Could you make the AMS2 or MotoGP20 version? Thanks

without having tried physics .... I said to change the final radio and the result was that the car did not move and then cut walks on its own. then I put the default settings and I did the best around with the cadillac dpi.... but the sound does not sound good to me is it normal?

i have found it but.......i have little prob with the sound of cadillac i dont like it but now the car its fast yeah
double post but sod it, Do a sound swap with the corvette DP for the caddie. You should be ok. It's in the txt on the link for recommendations on sounds.
Caddie: Corvette DP
Nissan: SCG 003
Acura: Honda NSX GT3 ACC (GTP version)
Mazda: Praga T1

Dunno if anyone can confirm that for me

are these based on the rollovers ones?

Actually, the Gladbecker/GTP DPi's were released before the Rollovers. Personally, I liked them better at the time. The Rollover models came out just a bit later. There was a lot of debate in some circles about which cars performed more accurately. My money was on the GTP models, I always found the Rollover models too slow by a wide margin - that was fixed when the physics update was released. Today I use the set from ACFSK.

Same for me. I activated a test weatherplan and then suddenly the errors

So nothing wrong with my installed track.

This is the error if it serves:

Error might have something to do with:
AC\camerashadowmapped.cpp (317): CameraShadowMapped::renderPass
AC\cameraforwardyebis.cpp (1266): CameraForwardYebis::renderApplyEffect
AC\cameraforwardyebis.cpp (1182): CameraForwardYebis::render
AC\sim.cpp (2564): Sim::renderScene
AC\game.cpp (275): Game::render
AC\game.cpp (126): Game::embarrassed:nIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Well, I need a Csp, but whichever version of the Costum shader patch I set up, the car is Always look like that on showroom in the game but when I want to get into the game when loading car meta data it reports a mistake and turns off the car completly. Continue without it after you click on that error report. In the Cm show Room, the car looks perfectly normal

Quick & Dirty RainFX by request for Zolder 2017 circuit by (Reboot Project)
Zolder 2017 (Reboot Project)

http://assettomods.com/zolder-2017-reboot-project/
View attachment 987730

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\nrms_zolder\extension\ext_config

As said, quick and dirty until its refined :D

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 27th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Request for a rainfx version - Very Basic RainFX config

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?grid?, startgrid, ?Default?, ?road?, ?rmbl?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = startgrid, ?Default?, ?road?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?rmbl?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?grass?, ?grvl?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?rmbl?

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Guys a question if it was possible.
Why do you use Sol 2.0.1 and not Sol 2.0.2?

I asked on the Custom Shader Pacth discord it's not possible to adjust the rain volume, the 2 functions in the Cutom Shader Patch menu (in CM) do not work "news sounds volume"
You have to delete the sound bank manually but I don't know how to do it !

View attachment 987831

Maybe as a small fix, open up your guids.txt located in \extension\sfx and delete these 2 marked lines:

upload_2021-1-28_14-3-51.png

Then you won´t hear the rain sounds which are quite unbalanced atm.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back