Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
eTo
Oh dw I've got Dirt 2, WRC 9, BeamNG (this one is just fantastic for rock crawling and mountain trailing), pretty much everything :)
I'm a huge fan of rallycross though, and even though Dirt 2 is great for that, I miss the old days from rfactor 1 when I could drive all the local tracks and not just the WRX ones.

I've got the DDM subaru, fantastic car. But I thought maybe some mods had specific tyres for gravel / dirt.
I'll give it a try and see how it behaves on those tracks. Same for the other tarmac rally cars I"ve got.
Thanks for the other link.

If no one has already answered this maybe take a look at this mod. No idea if it's still relevant or any good but it might help you on the way to tweaking your own setup.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gravel-tyres-physics.34752/

Last edited:
Oh nice, so it looks like we will finally be getting a decent BMW M2 CS Racing then.
Also I can't believe i'm seeing people panicking that a 62mb update is gonna block mods from being installed. I hope this is a joke and people aren't seriously thinking this!

Update brings new sounds when you go onto the grass, bizarre really, lost the sound mod i had but actually better now.

Seems, placebo, better performance as well... just a tad on the main_t CPU thing, i watch it religiously.

Is it just a "look we are still here" kinda thing?
A thank you? Who knows, but why suddenly change the sounds when you go off road years and years later?

What sound mod did it overwrite? was it the Custom one from RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-miscellaneous-sound-pack-by-imrimike.23336/)

good evening. yesterday there was time, and I rode on
acu_okutama-circuit and noticed such a problem, the car falls a little under the asphalt and loses shadows when it is on the road markings (everything is fine on clean asphalt). I don’t know if it’s just me or it’s a common problem. I solved the problem by replacing the shader in the materials of the desired object. I'm not an expert, I don't know how correct this is.
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.03 - 18.39.34.44.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.03.03 - 18.37.14.57.png

Yep, unless i am losing it sound of off road is much better than even that now.
I upped all the dirt sounds on cars via extension a while back, so i can hear it well.
Sounds great.

So far no negative results.

Kunos will never bin off ACs compatibility with CSP.
Cool, I won't bother reinstalling the custom one for now then. Time to test it out on The Grand Tour celebrity track :lol:

acu_okutama-circuit and noticed such a problem, the car falls a little under the asphalt and loses shadows when it is on the road markings (everything is fine on clean asphalt). I don’t know if it’s just me or it’s a common problem. I solved the problem by replacing the shader in the materials of the desired object. I'm not an expert, I don't know how correct this is.

I notice this on a lot of cars and tracks tbh

re: Dirt physics

As mentioned, tuning the surfaces will do wonders for simulated dirt,
Be sure to add a little damping to the track as well...

[SURFACE_example]
KEY=DIRT
FRICTION=0.92
DAMPING=0.030

WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.00
SIN_LENGTH=0.0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.4
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.4

I notice this on a lot of cars and tracks tbh
that is, do you have this problem on acu_okutama-circuit too? I wonder if the author of the track knows about this problem or not. maybe he doesn’t know, I myself did not notice this problem the first time, only when I was chasing with bots I saw that the bots were losing the shadow from the car being on the road markings.

The latest official update of Assetto Corsa add this folder into cars
ks_bmw_m2cs_racing
For now it's just an empty folder, but something is coming from Kunos!

Other changes:
- updated common bank in SFX
- added font for BMW M2CS Racing
- updated both acs.exe and acs_x86.exe :scared:

CSP wise, I'm actually afraid to run the game...

Probably a new season of e-sport races working with BMW this time.

that is, do you have this problem on acu_okutama-circuit too? I wonder if the author of the track knows about this problem or not. maybe he doesn’t know, I myself did not notice this problem the first time, only when I was chasing with bots I saw that the bots were losing the shadow from the car being on the road markings.

I haven't look closely to find the cause, but I do notice some mods have tires sink down into the ground or missing the hard shadow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is the right one. But as i wrote earlier i don't know if the guy who has uploaded it on assettoland has the soundmod. The sound was added later in an update so maybe it is an earlier version on Assettoland

Where can we get your version of the Peugeot?

I have this problem on Okutama too. How did you replace the shader - with a config or edited the kn5? Mind sharing your fix? Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reworked Ruapuna Park (Author Rainmaker and NeelJ).
3 Layouts (Grand Prix, Club Circuit and Outer Loop).
Added GrassFX and the track has now 28 pits.
Cams for all layouts.
Track needs better AI and roadmesh (very bumpy)
Have Fun.
View attachment 995092 View attachment 995093

Thank you for this, I love this track, it's great with classic content.
Do you know any specific issue with the bumps or just find it too bumpy in general? For me it wasn't too much at all. Just believable.
In general I think if a track is bumpy, it must be intentional and comes from real life data/experience/footage etc.
Like VheEth's amazing Hockenheim which was criticized for being too bumpy but IMO it was just bumpy like the real one.
I don't know this track in real life though just asking.

POV
Thank you for this, I love this track, it's great with classic content.
Do you know any specific issue with the bumps or just find it too bumpy in general? For me it wasn't too much at all. Just believable.
In general I think if a track is bumpy, it must be intentional and comes from real life data/experience/footage etc.
Like VheEth's amazing Hockenheim which was criticized for being too bumpy but IMO it was just bumpy like the real one.
I don't know this track in real life though just asking.
I think the overall track feel is good, but there are two points where the cars get a big jolt, and that's right before turning into the Kelford Camtech Corner (1st 'hairpin') and before the Rock Sweeper = last turn. Both are not supposed to be there imo.

I have this problem on Okutama too. How did you replace the shader - with a config or edited the kn5? Mind sharing your fix? Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i changed kn5. I made changes only for the main configuration of the track, since the rest of the configurations, I have not even tried using it yet. if tomorrow after work there will be time, maybe I will make edits for all configurations and leave a link.

Received 62 MB Steam update for AC today....nothing mentioned in changelog though...

Hmm... I don't remember adding these skins for the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo.

View attachment 995163

View attachment 995164

The latest official update of Assetto Corsa add this folder into cars
ks_bmw_m2cs_racing
For now it's just an empty folder, but something is coming from Kunos!

Other changes:
- updated common bank in SFX
- added font for BMW M2CS Racing
- updated both acs.exe and acs_x86.exe :scared:

CSP wise, I'm actually afraid to run the game...

Anybody installed the update yet? If so tell us about the consequences (if any)

Update also added 25 skins for Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo, all of them are Ferrari ESports Series skins.

EDIT: Or changed/replaced some old skins? I can't remember what skins there were originally.

Have you tried CSP? Does it work?

Just checked some CSP/Sol-stuff. Seems everything is working just fine. :)

I don't know if this is related, but I discovered an empty folder named ks_bmw_m2cs_racing with today's date and the time just after I powered on my PC. I don't remember if this was a car from Kunos, a mod (which may have been deleted somehow?), or if it's a completely new folder.

Edit: I see @AC Modder and others noticed that folder as well.

Oh nice, so it looks like we will finally be getting a decent BMW M2 CS Racing then.
Also I can't believe i'm seeing people panicking that a 62mb update is gonna block mods from being installed. I hope this is a joke and people aren't seriously thinking this!

maybe but why they changes the sound bank?

Yep, unless i am losing it sound of off road is much better than even that now.
I upped all the dirt sounds on cars via extension a while back, so i can hear it well.
Sounds great.

So far no negative results.

Kunos will never bin off ACs compatibility with CSP.

Cool, I won't bother reinstalling the custom one for now then. Time to test it out on The Grand Tour celebrity track :lol:

I got a Steam update for the game :D 46 MB
@f1mate You did ! really ? :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I will check out the mirrors. Overall of the bat this Dallara SF14 Mod is very solid. The original mod produces too much power compared to advertised horsepower outputs from the Super formula site and other sources(Too much power by nearly 90hp). Drag has been slightly decreased and a slight increase in downforce. I've watched as many onboards as I could find for this car. A push to pass function would be a hard function to add. Unless I implement extra horsepower to make up for the lack of P2P. The ACC Suzuka Circuit is the main one I use. I compare lap times with real life, A.I. level 100 and myself with a setup I made for this track. For the lack of P2P I tested the HP output at 582 hp. SF14 2017 Real Life(Red Bull Pierre Gasly): 1:35.585 AI Level 100(582 HP): 1:35.812 ME: 1:36.476 Times for HP output as advertised on Super Formula Site SF14 2017 Real Life(Red Bull Pierre Gasly): 1:35.585 AI Level 100(543 HP): 1:37.234 ME: 1:37.756

(I'm not the best at explaining sorry If this sounds like an incoherent mess.)

where can I find reference data?

To be honest I don't see why they would collaborate with guerrilla. It's probably going to be an event car like the 488 challenge so most likely made by Gary Paterson
The model will by done by him or one of the many others Kunos has on their payroll. Kunos I think do the physics themselves

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back