Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,182 comments
Also free publicity for Simdream. It doesn't matter how much the world hates them, in the end if anyone pays them, they ultimately wins. There are people out there who don't care for the cause, there will be people that see F1 mods and press buy.
Why so gloomy? :P The win is Mike keeping his YT channel alive and us bringing awareness to the questionable practices of Simdream. I’m not expecting the number of Simdream customers to drop to zero.

Wow, I guess we are walking on very touchy ground now with Assetto Corsa and saying anything bad/controversial on You Tube. i saw that last video when it first came on You-Tube with Sim Racing 604 accusing certain group of wrong doings. Once You-Tube flags a person the way they do, it will be hard to reverse the banning on the You-Tube website. it is too bad about the restrictions of Freedom of speech on You-Tube. Sim Racing 604 has allot of great Sim Racing content.

All 2021 Skins and Grid Preset update added to GDrive for 2021 Custom Championship
Racedepatment link; https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-upcoming-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2020_gilles-villeneuve_6-2-121-21-10-28 (Large).jpg

With only a few days to testing in Bahrain I have updated the car skins in my GDrive thanks to the tremendous work by several modders.
GDRIVE LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10tc_2aiECslMCj7vBC51K6hOjHdM43fC?usp=sharing
We have all 20 of the 2021 liveries (Actual Ferrari livery still to be announced)

Skin Contributers (just click on their name to go to their resources)

Enjoy the upcoming season and hopefully we'll have a Saudi Arabia Track mod and real crowds at the races soon.

Stay safe and Healthy
Cozy61

Last edited:
Mike is one fenomenal guy who made a very nice videos !On the Racing Family channel new video about the Mercedes AMG Gt3 evo from Bonny .Who want to download this car and didnt have chance to do that before ,link is in description .Thank you !

Yep and I think I needed to download a slightly newer version...that fixed it...
oof I should have been a bit clearer in my post lol - so yeah I meant to redownload the latest version and reinstall that. sorry!!
At least you have it working now.

Last edited:
SKIP OVER IF YOURE NOT INTERESTED IN MY VIEWS RE THE SDD DEBATE
Okay - normally I will wait to see an outcome in regards to the SDD issue as I like to 'evidence an argument' and make a measured rather than emotional decision when debating a subject. However, my early concerns are beyond that of a copyright strike but the fact that if Mike's channel loses its appeal then we have lost the right to freedom of expression or the ability to challenge wrongdoing, bullying and alleged theft in the wider sphere. Hopefully Youtube will do the right thing (moral) rather than things right (policy) in this and any future cases - Healthy debate has always been a part of life - Lets hope the Social Media giants dont continue to censure without seeing both sides of the argumement.

CAR SKINS
Returning to a forum related point here are some more skins for the Pessio Garage RD1 'Porknose' - if you dont like the dull/matt look rename 'map.dds' file to orig_map.dds or delete it

View attachment 996493 View attachment 996494 View attachment 996495 View attachment 996496 View attachment 996497 View attachment 996498 View attachment 996499

I like the idea of leverys with the colors of the nations, but they seem a little far-fetched, I would like it to include sponsors of brands of the nations and use badges beyond the colors of the flags, perhaps asking for help with the ideas since I think here we have from all over the world

In cm showroom, click the body of the car, open the txdiffuse texture, click on generate AO. Save the texture that gets made and place it on the txdiffuse slot. You should use that one to make a bright green version to use as txmap, if you have ps you just need to lead the ao and paint the green channel using white. Save it then and place it in the txmap slot.

To add ao to skins, load the skins textures (the ones for the body), load the AO you made previously.
Place the AO layer on top of the painted layer containing the livery and set the AO layer to "multiply" instead of normal.
Now save it overwriting the old skin texture and it's done

Is there a way to do the same with the interior?

I was able to do some laps yesterday but for some reason I am getting checksum failed message when I try to join now...

read up on discord that getting another download fixes this... same happened, downloaded again and solved...

edit: just read MrBoo's response - all good 👍

Last edited:
All 2021 Skins and Grid Preset update added to GDrive for 2021 Custom Championship
Racedepatment link; https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-upcoming-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/
View attachment 996523
With only a few days to testing in Bahrain I have updated the car skins in my GDrive thanks to the tremendous work by several modders.
GDRIVE LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10tc_2aiECslMCj7vBC51K6hOjHdM43fC?usp=sharing
We have all 20 of the 2021 liveries (Actual Ferrari livery still to be announced)

Skin Contributers (just click on their name to go to their resources)

Enjoy the upcoming season and hopefully we'll have a Saudi Arabia Track mod and real crowds at the races soon.

Stay safe and Healthy
Cozy61

Thank you for organizing all this!

Interesting where this Simdream drama will go hopefully they get wiped out at one point.
Anyways here are some differences between the street legalized 962 and the Kunos 962 Longtail. Dang the street legalized 962 gives off those Dauer 962 vibes. Its pretty much almost finished just need to add AO to the rear lights and add something in the extensions folder and its done.
I kinda feel like the rearview mirrors are a bit small still not sure.
__custom_showroom_1615252955.png

__custom_showroom_1615253037.png

__custom_showroom_1615253102.png

__custom_showroom_1615253170.png

__custom_showroom_1615253284.png

Last edited:

Love, love, love seeing more and more videos about this situation. I also loved Empty Box's explanation of YT's strike policy... "it's a shoot first, second, and third... and then they might ask you if you're dead yet." Please YT, don't make me lose faith in humanity. Look at the facts in Mike's appeal.

Neilb's LMP physics rework: HPD/Acura:
View attachment 996362

Download(619mb)

Credits go to original creators of models and Neilb1971, who generously shared it here.

You can point out issues as always, but I will be off for two weeks, so I can make eventual fixes after this time.
Obviously, feel free to modify it Yourself.
Have a nice day, people(^^

edit: These cars have new aero solution, with endplates and
two parts diffuser. I will implement it to my previous reworks, unless someone proves it to be flawed. I wil also start reworking Lola cars.

Glad to see the 2007 and 2008 Acura Arx-01a and Arx-0b.

Interesting where this Simdream drama will go hopefully they get wiped out at one point.
Anyways here are some differences between the street legalized 962 and the Kunos 962 Longtail. Dang the street legalized 962 gives off those Dauer 962 vibes. Its pretty much almost finished just need to add AO to the rear lights and add something in the extensions folder and its done.
I kinda feel like the rearview mirrors are a bit small still not sure.
View attachment 996532
View attachment 996533
View attachment 996534
View attachment 996535

View attachment 996536

just try doing refraction lights, it will worth for your car.

Last edited:
I like the idea of leverys with the colors of the nations, but they seem a little far-fetched, I would like it to include sponsors of brands of the nations and use badges beyond the colors of the flags, perhaps asking for help with the ideas since I think here we have from all over the world
Thanks for the feedback but they’re fictional and only basic for a fun rather than realistic mod for a bit of light racing with family. That’s why I share them in case anyone finds them useful as a sort of thanks for all the great mods on here and elsewhere. That said if anyone wants to add or amend them they are more than welcome.

A humble request to the folks making all the mods I enjoy so much: please put version numbers in the file name. The Perendinator convention of embedding the ISO 8061 date in the file name is hugely helpful.

Thanks for listening.
can I also request authors names as well, especially skins. I like to give the authors a mention if I’ve used them in a championship/rainfx I’ve uploaded. Thanks.

Last edited:
question for the car setup guys.

The M1 Procar, I have a strange behaviour I want to dial out, in cornering

off the gas / coasting massive oversteer
on the gas / massive understeer / backend slides out.

I have tried all the usual suspects but cant seem to get his one figured out, any clues what I should be looking at with this car (other cars are fine)

Can someone explain how the various aero.lut files work? Can’t quite figure them out.
In each lut file the figure on the left hand side of each line is the AOA (Angle Of Attack) or in plane words, degree angle of the wing. Each figure to the right is the coefficient of drag (CD) or lift (CL) which is actually downforce.
As an example if you look at a kunos car front wing CL table:
-10|-0.020
-2|0.50
0|0.220
2|0.55
4|0.60
8|0.650
10|0.010
Zero degrees still provides some downforce and then this increases as the angle of the wing increases until it gets to 10 degrees and starts to go into "stall"
Similar for the CD table. More angle, more drag and the slower the car will be at speed.

Just some advice. Use the "Wings" app in developer mode so you can see the degree of each wing as you drive. Suspension and ride height has an affect on the angle of the body so you may have 0 wing for the car body but it could be actually at 1 degree depending on the suspension setup. This might be ok on a tight low speed circuit but it is not ideal on a fast circuit.

question for the car setup guys.

The M1 Procar, I have a strange behaviour I want to dial out, in cornering

off the gas / coasting massive oversteer
on the gas / massive understeer / backend slides out.

I have tried all the usual suspects but cant seem to get his one figured out, any clues what I should be looking at with this car (other cars are fine)
You could try increasing the bump (dampers) front and back. Also have a look at the diff settings. Decrease the lock under power and increase the lock on coast.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back