Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
thank you all for the great job!
I have read all posts about the "Machine gun "problem,
but I have never solved it.
please someone help me
Thank a lot!

In each lut file the figure on the left hand side of each line is the AOA (Angle Of Attack) or in plane words, degree angle of the wing. Each figure to the right is the coefficient of drag (CD) or lift (CL) which is actually downforce.
As an example if you look at a kunos car front wing CL table:
-10|-0.020
-2|0.50
0|0.220
2|0.55
4|0.60
8|0.650
10|0.010
Zero degrees still provides some downforce and then this increases as the angle of the wing increases until it gets to 10 degrees and starts to go into "stall"
Similar for the CD table. More angle, more drag and the slower the car will be at speed.

Just some advice. Use the "Wings" app in developer mode so you can see the degree of each wing as you drive. Suspension and ride height has an affect on the angle of the body so you may have 0 wing for the car body but it could be actually at 1 degree depending on the suspension setup. This might be ok on a tight low speed circuit but it is not ideal on a fast circuit.
Is there a place to find similar data to this when recreating a car or is it a lot of guess work?

My opinion.
I think Sim Dreams business model is terrible.
I have got some of their mods for free and once purchased a car pack for 7.99 UK, because i wanted to have a particular car. It was the Triumph herald vitesse.

For me though I have expressed before how SD and RTM get chastised for what they do yet others doing similar seem to be ignored.

People on patreon ripping others cars from RF1 etc and sticking it behind paywalls which work out more expensive than SD, because "it takes time to rip stuff so i want paying for it"

Geroda74, gtsupreme to name a couple are doing the same thing.

Then there is the whole grey area of ripping anything at all without license or permission but asking for people to "buy me a beer".

Get rid of SD and the issues won't go away, they will restart under a different guise, others will fill the empty space they leave if not.

The main thing here is getting Mikes channel back, as no one should be silenced by those they are trying to expose.

But the wider questions will remain.

The excuse for encrypting ripped mods is that, it takes time to do this and we don't want others ripping our rips, is not dissimilar to SD asking for money for their time in ripping ripped mods....

I think there is a lot of people rightly putting the boot into SD but they themselves are cut from the same cloth.

The people that should be shutting down SD are the F1 license holders. Ripping a mod from somewhere without any license, then getting angry because SD ripped it and sell it is not the issue here.

The core issue is that they make money from unlicensed mods......

So i say again...are they the only ones?

Another way, if people weren't ripping stuff from games unlicensed, SD would have nothing to sell...
Or if AC wasn't open to modding...what would SD have to sell?
Kunos, and this won't be popular, have allowed this to happen unchecked...

AC will be the last we see on this scale that's for sure....

Last edited:
Yeah @dinosassone you should find the online layout should suit your league needs (or any online race). The AI is modified in this version in order to by pass the errors @GzeroD pointed out, but this means it is not suitable for actual AI opponents. That's why there is an online and an offline layout.
Thanks a lot both of you @GzeroD and @norms! Just one silly question because I'm new to GT Planet, wich is your version norms? Where can I find it? The only three versions that exists, as I've seen, are from Pascalwb, AC Track Reboot and RMi

My opinion.
I think Sim Dreams business model is terrible.
I have got some of their mods for free and once purchased a car pack for 7.99 UK, because i wanted to have a particular car. It was the Triumph herald vitesse.

For me though I have expressed before how SD and RTM get chastised for what they do yet others doing similar seem to be ignored.

People on patreon ripping others cars from RF1 etc and sticking it behind paywalls which work out more expensive than SD, because "it takes time to rip stuff so i want paying for it"

Geroda74, gtsupreme to name a couple are doing the same thing.

Then there is the whole grey area of ripping anything at all without license or permission but asking for people to "buy me a beer".

Get rid of SD and the issues won't go away, they will restart under a different guise, others will fill the empty space they leave if not.

The main thing here is getting Mikes channel back, as no one should be silenced by those they are trying to expose.

But the wider questions will remain.

The excuse for encrypting ripped mods is that, it takes time to do this and we don't want others ripping our rips, is not dissimilar to SD asking for money for their time in ripping ripped mods....

I think there is a lot of people rightly putting the boot into SD but they themselves are cut from the same cloth.

The people that should be shutting down SD are the F1 license holders. Ripping a mod from somewhere without any license, then getting angry because SD ripped it and sell it is not the issue here.

The core issue is that they make money from unlicensed mods......

So i say again...are they the only ones?

Another way, if people weren't ripping stuff from games unlicensed, SD would have nothing to sell...
Or if AC wasn't open to modding...what would SD have to sell?
The very big difference, and the one you have not mentioned, is SD's use of copyright strikes to silence others and also to ensure creators can't get access to the stolen content without risk.

I once again refer to the GP67 example, Bazza used the GPL content as a base (which is abandonware - a grey area itself, but as close as you can get to being a legit source in that regard) and produced an excellent bit of content that was offered to the community for free. SD stole that and then issued strikes against Bazza to ensure he could no longer develop, share or even support the content. All which not attributing a single bit of it to him.

Then you have the stolen FMOD content in the SD cars, the author of those is solely responsible for that work.

Modding is a grey area, it always has been (and always will be), but what SD has done is not 'grey' at all, and it's a false equivalence to suggest it is. Hell simply ripping off others work and passing it off as your own for a fee isn't grey, but again SD has gone way beyond even that.

That's without even considering the spam attempts they have been launching at multiple sites to try and disrupt the community campaign (including here at GT Planet).

Kunos, and this won't be popular, have allowed this to happen unchecked...
It's not Kunos' job to police it at all, it's ours as the community.

AC will be the last we see on this scale that's for sure....
I really doubt that, modding in sim racing will go through phases, but it will continue. What's happening here is not unique in the world of modding at all, flight sim mods make the racing sim scene look tiny, just one pack for MSX has 550 airports in it, and grey issues exist for that genre as much as ours. That's didn't stop MS from putting modding firmly in MSFS 2020 (and supporting it to a degree Kunos never did within the products UI).

Can somebody help me with a very minor issue that is bugging the hell out of me. No matter how hard a crash impact I have, I can no longer get the windscreen to crack. Can't figure out why. Nothing obvious. I only noticed it missing on my setup when having a quick blast on my lads PC and a slight tap cracked his windscreen. It was then I realized I hadn't seen it crack in ages. Any Ideas? I have full CM and CSP Latest with rainFX.

No worries people, I figured it out eventually. In assettocorsa\system\cfg\assettocorsa.ini
there is a line
[DAMAGE]
GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.65
I have set mine to 0.25 and it has solved the issue.

Last edited:
Do it now: TAKE ACTION and Stand with SimRacing604.

From RaceDepartment and Twitter...

Mike himself has asked to flag their channel for harassment to help him out
You can find the flag on the about section of the channels main page (under stats on the right).

Their About page on YT
https://t.co/N2jUSeSrkc?amp=1 (or click the image below)

Mike's Twitter post.
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1369018519640141826

Click on the image to load their YT page, click the flag on the bottom right, select Report User and click the first option, Harassment and cyberbullying. Skip the next page where you select specific videos, then write what you can about their practices (that have been proven) and mention their blatant misuse of YT's Copyright reporting system to harass SimRacing604 after he uploaded a video to inform the modding community. If you need to know more before writing your comment, search YT for SimRacing604 (with and without spaces) and watch all videos you find from various channels on this subject. Note that there is a 300-count character limit when writing your submission.

upload_2021-3-9_7-40-18.png

If their channel is taken down, I advise everyone to be on the lookout for other channels, Patreon accounts, or wherever they may re-emerge after this, likely under a different name. It should be easy to do if you go to their current Web site and capture images or video from their store pages, then you can match them up with any new "store" where they appear next. There's also a good YT video where someone goes to their site and reviews mods they are selling.

The other "modding team" that practices in a similar manner have renamed themselves and moved to Patreon.

Be sure to share this information in other forums and Discord channels.

** UPDATE** GOOD NEWS! ...we hope. It's now a matter of seeing whether what Mike has reported will be true.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2310#post-13369481

Last edited:
From RaceDepartment and Twitter...

Mike himself has asked to flag their channel for harassment to help him out
You can find the flag on the about section of the channels main page (under stats on the right).

https://t.co/N2jUSeSrkc?amp=1

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1369018519640141826

Click the flag on the bottom right, select Report User and click the first option. Skip the next page where you select specific videos, then write what you can about their practices (that have been proven) and mention their harassment of SimRacing604.
View attachment 996676
Already done, but I would ask as many as possible to do the same

thank you all for the great job!
I have read all posts about the "Machine gun "problem,
but I have never solved it.
please someone help me
Thank a lot!

What in the world has this been translated from?

Yatabe Test Track - reworked

Yatabe Speedway was a high speed test track in Japan.
Surrounded by a lot of trees, but it were these trees who look imo a bit odd.
View attachment 996192
View attachment 996193
View attachment 996191

So I reworked them to look imo a bit better.
View attachment 996194
View attachment 996195
View attachment 996196
Added @DaBaeda cams and grass fx config part, thx for them. 👍 :cheers:
Extended the config with rain fx, some flashing lights, some tweaks. Added a vao-patch too.

Many thanks for @Fanapryde for testing the track and make these screenshots while reworking it. The final version looks now slightly different, missing yellow lines should be back again, some very dark trees now a bit brighter to match in better.
Hope you enjoy it. :)

https://sharemods.com/onunhs60f3fr/yatabe.7z.html

@SimRacing604 you´re not alone. We stand with you.
This was long overdue, that someone comments on such business practices and classifies them correctly for uninitiated users. 👍
Looks good enough to test the Red Bull.

Share, Tweet, etc. This is important to all of us.

https://youtu.be/YyYoMFd812E

Someone should make a iceberg video for AC which includes the SimDream controversy. I mean theres a lot of iceberg videos for games & shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they're calling themselves "Ex-Mods:dunce:" :lol:

Same as this guy ; https://www.facebook.com/geroda74

A few weeks a go he started a discussion about his mods being shared free at some websites. He was complaning like he made all of them from scratch and owned all. And when somebody commented what he was blatantly doing wrong by selling other modellers works as his work he was deleting these comments like hiding bodies under the porch...That's a manner mostly comes from a shady business..

The funny things are, I came up one of his mods around those websites and his physics are very acceptable.. But instead of asking for a kind support and charging lots of euros per mod and not crediting the origin of the model he is using was his approach. Other funny thing is there were lots supporters who are maybe unaware of situation when he was complaining about his so called stolen mods...

At the end with the advices from his supporters he got into patreon and I don't know if he credit original artists who he ripped from...

All these "Shady Modders" will be around to damage our community...And its time to ask them to check themselves before they wreck other good modders work by creating a world wide copyright issue...

Support SimRacing604 !!!

Last edited:
Of course, you can do this with everything that is mapped.

To make interiors AO check if they are mapped and then hide in showroom the roof, the windows and others occluding meshes before baking it.

To hide something, click on it and press alt+h, you will avoid them creating undesired shadows

Valuable tips, thank you!

The very big difference, and the one you have not mentioned, is SD's use of copyright strikes to silence others and also to ensure creators can't get access to the stolen content without risk.

I once again refer to the GP67 example, Bazza used the GPL content as a base (which is abandonware - a grey area itself, but as close as you can get to being a legit source in that regard) and produced an excellent bit of content that was offered to the community for free. SD stole that and then issued strikes against Bazza to ensure he could no longer develop, share or even support the content. All which not attributing a single bit of it to him.

Then you have the stolen FMOD content in the SD cars, the author of those is solely responsible for that work.

Modding is a grey area, it always has been (and always will be), but what SD has done is not 'grey' at all, and it's a false equivalence to suggest it is. Hell simply ripping off others work and passing it off as your own for a fee isn't grey, but again SD has gone way beyond even that.

That's without even considering the spam attempts they have been launching at multiple sites to try and disrupt the community campaign (including here at GT Planet).

It's not Kunos' job to police it at all, it's ours as the community.

I really doubt that, modding in sim racing will go through phases, but it will continue. What's happening here is not unique in the world of modding at all, flight sim mods make the racing sim scene look tiny, just one pack for MSX has 550 airports in it, and grey issues exist for that genre as much as ours. That's didn't stop MS from putting modding firmly in MSFS 2020 (and supporting it to a degree Kunos never did within the products UI).

I agree, but i didn't say SD was operating in a grey area, to quote Spinal Tap "none more black".
Other's are though by asking for "a coffee" or "beer".

Ripping mods that are already ripped from another game unlicensed, I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for the original modders in truth.

I have sympathy for Mike 604 as all he did was whistleblow.

Like i say it will take F1 corp, or codemasters or Turn10 to change this, or kunos themselves.

SD will disappear now, leaving a whole that will be filled.

If ownership in modding is simply ripping from Turn10 and sticking it in AC (DO NOT UPLOAD OR ALTER THIS MOD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION), then really what do you expect the morals of say SD to be?

SD treat modders the same way some modders treat Turn10.... simply someone else doing the hard work and getting the license and nicking it all for either ego or monetary gain, or both...

Last edited:

ShaftPP: aka dawn2dusk

v1.0 by RMi_wood

What?
A PP filter for Assetto Corsa, using SoL 1.6+ lua for consistency

Why?
A realistic (or not so) filter for showing those sunrays coming from the dawn/dusk

Set your track for sunrise.. sunset... drive through a forest, a city, a togue...
Watch out! You will get a little glare coming around that corner!

This looks stunning. Does it still work well with the latest Sol 2 versions?

I agree, but i didn't say SD was operating in a grey area, to quote Spinal Tap "none more black".
Other's are though by asking for "a coffee" or "beer".

Ripping mods that are already ripped from another game unlicensed, I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for the original modders in truth.

I have sympathy for Mike 604 as all he did was whistleblow.

Like i say it will take F1 corp, or codemasters or Turn10 to change this, or kunos themselves.

SD will disappear now, leaving a whole that will be filled.

If ownership in modding is simply ripping from Turn10 and sticking it in AC (DO NOT UPLOAD OR ALTER THIS MOD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION), then really what do you expect the morals of say SD to be?

SD treat modders the same way some modders treat Turn10.... simply someone else doing the hard work and getting the license and nicking it all for either ego or monetary gain, or both...

Nothing is going to change and things will go back to normal after a week, and the cycle continues, simdream continue releasing new stuff, community comes out to hate on them, called them out and gets copyright strike. Mods have been around for decades, its nothing new and the same drama is in every mod scene.

The real issue is not a whole lot of people have the skills to create mods. Advocating and educating more people to gain the ability to create mods is the only way to get rid of simdream. Blame the community for our thirst of content. Adding more policing and having dev go after modders is not a way to go.

In fact for sim racing to thrive, community development is the only way to go. Any commercial dev have profits as a priority and have limited resource. No commercial project will ever get the amount of content available on a mod filled AC.

Last edited:
Share, Tweet, etc. This is important to all of us.

https://youtu.be/YyYoMFd812E

Also, go to Race Department and download the "We Stand With Simracing604" skin for the SWB Berlinetta (SEFAC Ferrari).

question for the car setup guys.

The M1 Procar, I have a strange behaviour I want to dial out, in cornering

off the gas / coasting massive oversteer
on the gas / massive understeer / backend slides out.

I have tried all the usual suspects but cant seem to get his one figured out, any clues what I should be looking at with this car (other cars are fine)

I posted a Spa setup for the M1 Procar "with LODS plus wiper" on RD in December. If this is your M1 Procar (there seems to be a flock of them), give it a whirl and tell me what you think. It sounds like your diff settings are off and/or your ride heights are too low.

Edit: Or, as Fullnoise suggested in #69261, fiddle with the shocks. Or all of the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is going to change and things will go back to normal after a week, and the cycle continues, simdream continue releasing new stuff, community comes out to hate on them, called them out and gets copyright strike. Mods have been around for decades, its nothing new and the same drama is in every mod scene.

The real issue is not a whole lot of people have the skills to create mods. Advocating and educating more people to gain the ability to create mods is the only way to get rid of simdream. Blame the community for our thirst of content. Adding more policing and having dev go after modders is not a way to go.

In fact for sim racing to thrive, community development is the only way to go. Any commercial dev have profits as a priority and have limited resource. No commercial project will ever get the amount of content available on a mod filled AC.

True.
The bigger picture though is exposing how someone simply talking about something that is illegal and dodgy (selling unlicensed car mods), can have a load of crap to deal with from the very people he is exposing, and YT like Empty box says, shoot first then ask questions...

We had a similar thing in the UK with any scientists speaking out against the way we handled covid (rightly or wrongly) were silenced on youtube and google.

It's how China operates too...

Stand with 604 for me is just that, standing with him in his treatment by YT and SD.

For me its not about taking a stand over one modding team whilst others do very similar stuff...

Clearly i am fully aware that i'm not speaking to the correct forum regards this, i mean it's the life blood of AC.
I am most likely a hypocrite as i use ripped mods and don't really ever stop and think about the fact someone modelled that and someone paid to use the license, because these are huge devs making huge sums of money... and hey i want that car right?

If SimDream gave away their mods but asked for "a coffee" I doubt that video would ever of been made in the first place.

I'll guess they turn up on patreon at some point like the others who fly below the radar.

This forum had modders from some rf1 cars actually come on to say that gtsupreme had stolen their mods and was selling them via patroen, yet he has been allowed back to market his rips time and time again.
This is where i don't understand why RTM and SD are always the big bad monsters.
I mean they are.... clearly. But its a bit more nuanced than that.

The key part is charging a flat fee. That gets peoples backs up... patreon subscription, no problem..

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/geroda74/

Sadly though, most of his mods (and any mods he will release from now on) are locked behind a paywall. You can either send him money via PayPal (a rather steep amount) or join his Patreon. Recently some of his mods got leaked, an as a result he stopped releasing free mods and created the Patreon account. I want some of his mods so badly, but paying for conversions, no matter how well done they might be, it's kinda immoral to me. Not to mention his prices are prohibitive for my country's standards.

Be happy with the thousands of free mods, which can't be all explored.
Let him be happy with his paymods.

So basically they are backing down, sounds like they will change their policy to be more like others.... so a win...
Or is it?
Patreon or "buy me a coffee" it is then.

76CDE706-F4D1-4EEA-8F99-0D6A131DDE30.jpeg

Last edited:
full

Bahrain, Emilia Romagna, Algarve Portimao, Barcelona, Monaco, Baku City, Gilles Villeneuve, Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Spa-Francorchamps, Zandvoort, Monza, Sochi Autodrom, Marina Bay, Suzuka, Circuit of the Americas,
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Melbourne Park, Jeddah, Yas Marina.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back