Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
Everybody,

I recently change my i7-4790K/GTX1070/32GB-DDR3 PC to a Threadripper-1920X/GTX1070/64GB-DDR4.

In single player modes AC works just fine but in online lobbies, FPS drops to 20-30... Even I lowered my settings but no good.

Do you know how could it be fixed? Or could it be fixable?

is this really a GT Sport convert? It looks like a GT 4 one. The 3d model really need somework
Admittedly I wouldn't have guessed it was a GT:S model, but this comment is a bit harsh for no reason. You can definitely make it look okay on certain angles.
lDeY7hy.png

I just wouldn't recommend shooting it from behind, or up close to the headlights.
zWyXsDi.png

Regardless, it's still a free mod, and it's a convert from a game that is known to be hard to work with. There's no point in being toxic and putting modders off of trying new things.

Admittedly I wouldn't have guessed it was a GT:S model, but this comment is a bit harsh for no reason. You can definitely make it look okay on certain angles.
lDeY7hy.png

I just wouldn't recommend shooting it from behind, or up close to the headlights.
zWyXsDi.png

Regardless, it's still a free mod, and it's a convert from a game that is known to be hard to work with. There's no point in being toxic and putting modders off of trying new things.
Whoa what track is that with the neon lights? I want that.

lDeY7hy.png

zWyXsDi.png

For the behind i disagree i think that it can be made to look good. Apart from the transparent tire/rim part which can put off some people. I will try to fix that soon.
Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_wing_aspertsham_12-4-121-21-9-48.png

lDeY7hy.png

zWyXsDi.png

I don't see how that is a toxic comment. It's pretty clear that something is off with the model and that it needs some work.

Last edited:
lDeY7hy.png

zWyXsDi.png

My comment wasn't toxic at all, just sayin' that the 3d model of it need some work that's all.

asdcsc.PNG

i mean stuff like this, even if you a god at making pictures this wont look better

@gergerger @Gonzo49ers @TheRealCeeBee @Fall Guy
Thanks a lot for the tips guys! Haven't quite sorted it out, it in the end doesn't seem to be framerate related as the fps in-game are okay. Limiting it doesn't change anything either, I re-inistalled SOL and the FTH folder is empty. I think it indeed has to do with the refreshrate, or something like that. I'll dig into that now :)

My comment wasn't toxic at all, just sayin' that the 3d model of it need some work that's all.

View attachment 1010686

i mean stuff like this, even if you a god at making pictures this wont look better
It is odd - perhaps that's the difference between the showroom model and the on-track model? Not sure, but I don't remember GTS having polygon tailpipes out on the track at that distance.
Or maybe the model has LOD1 elements? Does GTS even use traditional LODs?
A few cockpit elements (the gearknob, the steering wheel) seem quite low-poly for a GTS car, hence me wondering whether LODs are a factor here. Hard to say. I don't know enough about GTS ports, to be honest.
Hopefully @dragster666 can shed some light on it?

Last edited:
It is odd - perhaps that's the difference between the showroom model and the on-track model? Not sure, but I don't remember GTS having polygon tailpipes out on the track at that distance.
A few cockpit elements (the gearknob, the steering wheel) seem quite low-poly for a GTS car, hence me wondering whether LODs are a factor here. Hard to say. I don't know enough about GTS ports, to be honest.
For the exhausts that's how they came from gamemodels.ru this was the cleanest lod i get from all of those 3 or 4 lods that were on the model before not sure if they messed something up on it. For this rear ''box'' part i orignally wanted to put ao on it but fearing that it would be too dark i didn't want to really do it since in sport it shined a bit light on. Apart from those small black parts on the box which i think i will remove. And i will add AO on it probably this week.
__custom_showroom_1620918793.png

2021.05.13-17.19.png

Last edited:
GTS doesn't use Lods like AC, it uses real time tassellation which makes a smooth transition between unsmoothed low poly meshes to smoothed high poly ones in real time, based on the distance from the camera. When you convert a GTS model you should subdiv (smooth) all of the meshes whose names end in "_T" and dragster apparently forgot to do this on some of them or maybe he didn't know this had to be done.
Basically the model you see is the low poly one and you need to manually apply the smoothing that GTS engine is able to apply in real time while in game.

Another thing that is surely missing are normal maps on headlight, all GTS models come with the textures for them, you just need to find which one is right for a specific headlight cover. That's actually very useful to then refract headlights since you have the mm already done for you

Basically I found out that all GTS and GT6 models are split into two types of LOD variants, HO and RACE, both of them seem to utilize the Real-Time Tessellation technology PD made for both games which only work on PS3 and PS4/5 and not PC as well, hence why ripping those models and importing them result with jagged edges all around. The solution to this I discovered with Blender is to first use the SubDivision Surface modifier to increase amount of faces to smooth out an object, then use the Decimate modifier to decrease face count while still keeping an object looking smooth more or less.

Basically I found out that all GTS and GT6 models are split into two types of LOD variants, HO and RACE, both of them seem to utilize the Real-Time Tessellation technology PD made for both games which only work on PS3 and PS4/5 and not PC as well, hence why ripping those models and importing them result with jagged edges all around. The solution to this I discovered with Blender is to first use the SubDivision Surface modifier to increase amount of faces to smooth out an object, then use the Decimate modifier to decrease face count while still keeping an object looking smooth more or less.
HQ and RACE aren't Lods...
And you shouldn't use decimate or you just end up messing up the topology and so the normals and the reflections on it. Apply a level 1 subdiv, not any higher level and only to _T meshes, if you want to then reduce polys do it manually and not through decimate

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back