Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,209 comments
For the exhausts that's how they came from gamemodels.ru this was the cleanest lod i get from all of those 3 or 4 lods that were on the model before not sure if they messed something up on it. For this rear ''box'' part i orignally wanted to put ao on it but fearing that it would be too dark i didn't want to really do it since in sport it shined a bit light on. Apart from those small black parts on the box which i think i will remove.
View attachment 1010688
View attachment 1010690
Ah, sorry - I thought you'd extracted the model yourself. If that's how it came from Gamemodels then the error is at their end.
They might have stretched the model widthways a tiny bit too - the round dials on the dashboard look ever-so-slightly ovalised, which is easy to spot in VR if you tilt your head 90 degrees to the left or right.
I love the action on the twin wiper arm, by the way. Very cool how it articulates during the sweep. Is there any chance the range of motion could be increased so it wipes as close as possible to the driver's side A-pillar? It currently leaves quite a large patch of unwiped glass right in front of the driver which can be tricky in heavy rain.
Keep it up, your mods are improving all the time. 👍

Edit: good tip above from @UolterUait - seems like some 3D tweaks might be necessary in a few places.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry - I thought you'd extracted the model yourself. If that's how it came from Gamemodels then the error is at their end.
They might have stretched the model widthways a tiny bit too - the round dials on the dashboard look ever-so-slightly ovalised, which is easy to spot in VR if you tilt your head 90 degrees to the left or right.
I love the action on the twin wiper arm, by the way. Very cool how it articulates during the sweep. Is there any chance the range of motion could be increased so it wipes as close as possible to the driver's side A-pillar? It currently leaves quite a large patch of unwiped glass right in front of the driver which can be tricky in heavy rain.
Keep it up, your mods are improving all the time. 👍

Edit: good tip above from @UolterUait - seems like some 3D tweaks might be necessary in a few places.
The real Countach wasn't actually famed for its wipers same goes for the Diablo lol not wiping enough of the rain on the glass but i can reanimate them.

Hi everyone:
During these days I've been trying to do my own assetto corsa skins but I'm very bad and I don't know how to make an "accurate" real skin. Do you know if a good and complet tutorial exists? I would like to learn about skinning

thanks

The real Countach wasn't actually famed for its wipers same goes for the Diablo lol not wiping enough of the rain on the glass but i can reanimate them.

Seems like yours is completely accurate then!
Man, that would drive me mad IRL. Not that driving one in the rain would be a good idea anyway...

Last edited:
I've managed to waste time on something completely useless, hope someone can help improve this further
Screenshot_ag_evoix_hillclimb_lm_showroom_14-4-121-0-17-57.png Screenshot_ag_evoix_hillclimb_lm_showroom_14-4-121-0-18-23.png
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Hillclimb
Original/convert by assettogarage
Managed to give the main body ao, vao patch, blinkers and reverse lights.
Since I got no idea how to do interior indicators + animations for wipers, I guess I've wasted time.

hope yah enjoy it lol

re: shadow banding
Happens on tracks im developing (no AO) and on other tracks w/ AO

for example, on rt_limerock I only see it on the AC_CREW objects, on other tracks its all the walls.. or the road (or not)

This small change to an extensions .ini provided by Slider666 fixed a simple problem that would have taken me an age to sort out inside 3DSMax due to lack of knowledge.
Thankyou brother.
Np, fine I could help. I have to thank you, for all your shared work. 👍
But as I mentioned, it was just a very quick fix and obviously only works for the ones using CSP. I use that often, just to quickly fix this kind of issues for myself, when I don't want to edit the kn5 file. But vanilla AC user will still have these bad buildings. :(
So it's better to fix that in your 3D model itself.

I don't use 3DsMax, for explaining you how to fix it there. I'm using Blender to fix this kind of issues. But I searched a bit on yt and found this short tut:

That guy explains shortly, why this issue happen and hot to get rid of it.
It should help you, fixing these kind of issues in the 3D model, so to speak, for all users. :)
As far I can see, this tut should save you a lot of time... ;)
Cheers buddy :cheers:

shadow banding
View attachment 1010656 View attachment 1010657
I am having this issue for some time now on nearly all (maybe all) tracks.
Can anyone suggest a solution/fix (nvidea)

thanks

I'm not at my PC right now, but maybe your prob is somekind similar to this one? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-934#post-13052064
and can be fixed with one of the smart shadows settings?

re: shadow banding
Happens on tracks im developing (no AO) and on other tracks w/ AO

for example, on rt_limerock I only see it on the AC_CREW objects, on other tracks its all the walls.. or the road (or not)

I get that on any flat surface that is set to cast a shadow. Are your roads set to cast shadows?

'dem sprues 'doh... <3
the supports are ball point snap off sprues, designed to just tear off and leave a tiny outwards facing pip that is easy to clean off after, the DLP castable resin is "rubbery" until you cure it so it just literally pulls off. you can see then better in this clip from the software i write for the jewellery world the fracture point is under that ball.. the thick ones under the car are drawn in and stay on the model so when I cast it to gold/silver etc the metal flows into the model from there in a place suited to saw-piercing them off after.

anyhow print came goodish.. ill thicken up the wings and stuff and go again ;)

upload_2021-5-14_7-3-54.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back