Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 81,330 comments
Germany
Germany, Saxony
I´ve done a quick and dirty loading screen for Monaco:
upload_2021-5-21_16-59-46.png

If you like it, I will do some more from time to time and share it here.

https://we.tl/t-CVxoQuexxE

Place it in your extension\backgrounds folder and activate "new loading screen" in CM with exactly these options!
upload_2021-5-21_17-5-29.png

United States
Houston
oskierox
I agree. I will update my initial link to it to include these changes so far and update that yacht.com logo part. If I had not even done the skin there would be loads of you with multipul versions of it still. I try my best to get it out before the race which I think is a nice touch for the community, however moving forward I think the best coarse of action is to get an agreement as to what is the most common best used version of a track and then I skin that version to the closest race spec that I can get it. I was unaware of all the slightly different Monaco versions and it seems to have caused more trouble than it's worth, especially when some PM messages are more nasty than critical. Well Paul Ricard circuit is coming up soon and there are loads of versions of that, some with extra grandstands, some with a flag pole here, some with a video screen on jacuzzi corner etc etc. If I skin one, someone will moan and want the other one, or that one. So I think it's best to agree on a version first, do some edits like rainFx etc etc and then chuck it to me and I'll skin it with all the love and pride I put in to stuff. Downside is it might not be ready for the actual race weekend that way.

This would not only be more helpful no doubt for you, but dang it will help clean up all our inventories for sure! I enjoyed that one project someone did where they rated all the versions of a track they had and said this one is the best etc. I had 4 Monacos (i didnt even know until i looked lol) the only ones I need are the finalized whatever you choose to do (cause your work mixed with others help is top notch), and the '72 one. Why do I need 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020?

From my side, big thanks to you @Blackcelica, sorry for any stupid hate you get in PM's its so unnecessary and unwarranted.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom

GP de MONACO F1 2021
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo

TRACK AND SKIN COMBO FOR 2021

SPONSORS ALMOST PERFECT (Model differs to real life obviously)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKIN ACTIVATED IN CM

IMPORTANT: Please DELETE any past versions of the 2019 track and use this 2021 renamed one.

ALL OTHER COMMUNITY BITS AND PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE INITIAL POST ARE NOW INCLUDED ALONG WITH BILLBOARD ERRORS (Link Updated). MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monaco_gp21_21-5-121-16-19-2.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_monaco_gp21_21-5-121-16-20-47.jpg

Last edited:
United States
Herndon, VA
GP de MONACO F1 2021

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5rqf5tuwkn937j/monaco_gp21.rar/file

IMPORTANT: Please DELETE any past versions of the 2019 track and use this 2021 renamed one.

ALL OTHER COMMUNITY BITS AND PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE INITIAL POST ARE NOW INCLUDED ALONG WITH BILLBOARD ERRORS (Link Updated). MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

View attachment 1012323 View attachment 1012324

Screenshot (404).png

anyone know why this happens?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Yes same here; I changed the kn5 to match the track name, and now the track does load, but I find myself flying in the sky instead of being on the track.. well I'm sure @Blackcelica is gonna fix it soon.
You shouldn't have to rename anything. If you have renamed that it won't match it's reference in the models.ini file. Put it back to 06_monaco_gp21.kn5
Needs to be a folder called 06_monaco_gp21 in tracks folder - Drag download contents to that
The main folder can be named anything as long as there is no spaces. If everyone just deleted all versions first and not dropped on top these errors wouldn't occur.

United States
Houston
oskierox
I deleted before installing this new one, having the same error

Edit: "Needs to be a folder called 06_monaco_gp21 in tracks folder - Drag download contents to that"

This fix worked... lol

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
GP de MONACO F1 2021

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5rqf5tuwkn937j/monaco_gp21.rar/file

View attachment 1012323 View attachment 1012324

I have no problems getting the track to run. But I have a question.
It's about the grip on the track. Since I drove the "old" track (2019er) just yesterday, it seems to me as i slide around more on the 2021er track. Now I have checked the surface.ini of both versions. The difference of the friction values are significant (in the2019er the values are much higher). Since I'm not so familiar with the motorsport area, I would be interested in how the grip level is IRL. And now my question - What would be realistic values in the surface.ini? I don't want to increase the values unrealistically to make it easier for myself, but rather have values that are close to the level IRL.

Last edited:
Germany
Franconia

Rename the track folder to "06_monaco_gp21" and the track will work. In AC a track will only load, if there's a .kn5 file in the track folder with the same name as the track folder. If you change the "06_monaco_gp21.kn5" to "monaco_gp21.kn5", you must also change the entries in the "models.ini" and "06_monaco_gp21.vao-patch" to "monaco_gp21.vao-patch". And there're also "monaco_2019.kn5" entries in the ext_config.ini, that also have to be changed either to "06_monaco_gp21.kn5" or "monaco_gp21.kn5".

EDIT: It's only necessary to rename the track folder, if someone don't uses CSP.

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Edit: "Needs to be a folder called 06_monaco_gp21 in tracks folder - Drag download contents to that"

This fix worked... lol
I bet your folder structure was content\tracks\monaco_gp21\monaco_gp21
and not just................................content\tracks\monaco_gp21
I have no problems getting the track to run. But I have a question.
It's about the grip on the track. Since I drove the "old" track (2019er) just yesterday, it seems to me as i slide around more on the 2021er track. Now I have checked the surface.ini of both versions. The difference of the friction values are significant (in the2019er the values are much higher). Since I'm not so familiar with the motorsport area, I would be interested in how the grip level is IRL. And now my question - What would be realistic values in the surface.ini? I don't want to increase the values unrealistically to make it easier for myself, but rather have values that are close to the level IRL.
Nothing I have done has altered the surface.ini
If you added in the latest extension files to get around the hairpin etc that might be where it started off. you can always put the values back to the 2019.
I have to presume you are driving the same car RSS Formula Hybrid 2021?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
You shouldn't have to rename anything. If you have renamed that it won't match it's reference in the models.ini file. Put it back to 06_monaco_gp21.kn5

The main folder can be named anything as long as there is no spaces. If everyone just deleted all versions first and not dropped on top these errors wouldn't occur.
Yep make you right - Learn something new everyday Also as @Frank25 mentioned Ive always renamed my folders so they work with AC vanilla but didnt know that it was different for CSP/ CM - Thanks BTW fantastic work as ever on this skin - Really makes a difference - Appreciate the time you put into this

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
Nothing I have done has altered the surface.ini
If you added in the latest extension files to get around the hairpin etc that might be where it started off. you can always put the values back to the 2019.
I have to presume you are driving the same car RSS Formula Hybrid 2021?

I didn't drive a formula car, but yes I used the same cars for comparison.

Edit: It has cleared up.

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The track won't load, if you don't use CSP. Then a track will only load, if there's a .kn5 file in the track folder with the same name as the track folder.
If you don't use CSP then anything in extension folders won't be loaded either. Why would anyone be running assetto corsa these days without it or content manager? Or even Sol weather. These should all be compulsory now. My track link is without the 06 on anything now and will work both. If you want to use the championship career version then its got the 06 structure. I think 2 versions over 2 separate links have been crossed over causing the errors. Anyone with loading errors should reset and download one or the other again and not drop on a previous version.

New Zealand
New Zealand
Hi, Does someone know where can I find paidd mods for free?

Damn bud, that's a bit of a rough request. The majority of the really good tracks and cars that aren't already free are very fairly priced and well worth the expense.

I operate on a pretty tight budget for buying mods for assetto, but make do by compiling a list of the ones I want most, and getting one or two when I'm able to. I then spend a few days to a week or two focusing on mostly that car/track and getting used to it before there's some spare change available to add something else to my little collection.

Not to mention there are a LOT of incredible free cars and tracks available for AC made by very talented modders that should easily keep you happy in the meantime. :)

Germany
Germany
Hello guys, is here anyone from DPwerkz modding or anyone who has Infos about their opel manta vln? I cant wait to drive this legend around the Ring.

Germany
Franconia
If you don't use CSP then anything in extension folders won't be loaded either. Why would anyone be running assetto corsa these days without it or content manager? Or even Sol weather. These should all be compulsory now. My track link is without the 06 on anything now and will work both.

Thank you for the update. I use CM with CSP and SOL, but there're still people who don't use it for several reasons like performance and so they don't have an error message anymore and the track is loading.

There're still the "monaco_2019.kn5" entries in the ext_config.ini, that have to be changed to "monaco_gp21.kn5", too.

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm in need of some assistance with regards to rainFX. I've recently joined Ilja's Patreon and I've jumped up from CSP 0.1.60 to 0.1.75 preview 1, went to try out the RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 and there aren't any wet weather physics. Is this a known missing feature or have I missed something due to skipping a number of CSP versions? Thanks in advance!