• 101,103 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
The personal digs and attacks stop now.

Anyone ignoring this will be taking a holiday from the thread.

Not a discussion point.
This should have been the end of the idiotic bickering, but for some reason it wasn't.

I don't know why people were reporting posts from before this point given that the staff were very clearly already aware of the idiotic bickering because a member of staff had already posted about it and therefore did not need to be made aware of it with the report function, but ten people did - four of which reported the same post.

I don't know why one member decided to continue this stupidity within the last hour and then started to report the staff as well, but they're now banned from the site for a week rather than just the thread as they had been.

I've now removed 211 posts - some of which had value, but were inextricable from the mess around them - and while only one person is banned, several other posts caught my eye on the way past. I don't care what flies on social media or on other sites, you don't get to abuse other users here. I don't care if someone else starts flinging insults first, you don't fling them back. If you're calling people morons, turds, or snobs, you are in the wrong and you will attract just as much attention as the person who started it.

Let this be a global warning to everyone - especially those in that bank of 211 posts who behaved this way and don't have a warning or infraction in their inbox - that this is not and never has been acceptable here. Everyone agreed to the AUP when they signed up, and everyone sticks to it; if you don't want to, you shouldn't have promised that you would.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Last edited:
Germany
Bonn
GTAce
Some weeks ago I shared my skin pack for the VW FunCup on here, and since I've expended it rather drastically. The FunCup is a series that for it's pinnacle event attracts a grid of over 100 cars to run a race over 25 hours at Spa Francorchamps. So of course we needed some more liveries to make up a grid to resemble this great event.

I've created the real life liveries of 50 cars from the European (French/Belgian) championships, all with their unique details.
You can find a preview of all skins, and some information on the VW FunCup itself, over here.

Screenshot-from-Assetto-Corsa.jpg

Download Skin Pack | More info here
A couple of updates for this car; set the correct shaders and textures to most of the objects (car body now in dds instead of jpg and so on), added mesh to inside airintake, altered the name to the actual name of the car (VW FunCup Evo 3) and more minor fixes.
Other things that need happening, but are out of my league, are wipers, dashboard (Motec and Racelogic displays), LODs, working mirrors, and possibly adjusting driver position/animation

Download (updated files only, needs original car to work): https://www.mediafire.com/file/29grd3fklta4b8f/vw_fun_cup.zip/file

@HuibVDN if you're making skins and you want to use my update make sure you use the right file format, this car definitely deserves some more liveries!
Can someone direct me to the original car? Link's dead.

England
England
Can someone direct me to the original car? Link's dead.
Here you go:

As @Fanapryde pointed out this car could do with some TLC, though. Some updates have been made to improve the mod as originally posted on Assettoland, including LODs, some shader adjustments, model proportions, physics and more. There are some things that could do with improvement. For example there is a strange shading/lighting issue on some bodypanels edges, it could do with a working MOTEC and wiper animation.
If anyone would be so nice to take on these or one of these subject you're very much welcome to do so!

BPX6Qa.jpg

Link to the updated version which should be working: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o291shd381u245u/vw_funcup.rar/file
(Don't forget to download the skinpack as well!)

Edit: Just too late, haha!

Last edited:
Poland
Poland
View attachment 1014041

Autodromo Internacional de Goiânia - Version 2.1

CHANGELOG 2.1
- Fixed materials, textures and objects
- Replaced and added some objects on the track
- Trees reworked from scratch
- Added animated objects
- Starting lights working
- Updated the VAO file
- Configuration file updated
- Added Rain FX
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps
- Various fix by @norms
- New cams by @DaBaeda

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/071mf1dj4jzk1cb/vhe_goiania_2.1.rar/file

This is epic. Combining both great looks and vibrations on fbb are just freaking awesome. Thanks a lot man !

United States
California
kkubota63
View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Added UI file
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

Edit: already included, I am confused individual...

Last edited:
Italy
Italy
Hi guys, does anyone know how to do an "extension" folder so I can use the tyre skins with all the skins of the car, not just one? (like the ones there are for the rss cars)

Canada
Canada
Hi guys, does anyone know how to do an "extension" folder so I can use the tyre skins with all the skins of the car, not just one? (like the ones there are for the rss cars)
You should be able to just use the ext_config.ini and put the files in every folder.
To save space you could point to a master and change your ext_config to point to that folder and inject that code into each ext_config for every car...
You have to put the code in each ext_config for each car..

I downloaded the Mich,Pirelli skins and the code is included...

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ok. But does your SF Stradale at least have interior? And the end of 2022 is not a promising date. It's better to have a few models really nicely done than a bulk of hundreds re-touch-ups to download and check what is worth what.
Anyway, cheers and keep it fast : )

Maybe I've missed something but has there ever been a car mod released that didn't have an interior? An interior is clearly visible in the picture, or do you mean will it have a load of CSP features like animated indicator stalks? Believe me I would like to finish faster, however my whole project involves bringing all the cars in my collection to a minimum standard. There will be cars at each end of my own personal 'acceptable quality' spectrum, but everything released will use universal material/texture/shader standards, have exterior AO, custom LODs, working AI and a physics set in line with believable performance benchmarks. Basically if all goes to plan you won't have to 'gamble' with which downloads are worth it, you'll either approve of the quality standard used or you won't i.e. you'll either like all my releases or none of them.

United States
California
kkubota63
Thank you, but your AI files are already included in v1.2.

Oops got confused, thanks for straightening me out...:dunce:

BTW just to give credit to where it's due, the ai was done by @LiquidSkyMan. At the time he was tied up with other commitments, and wasn't able to test the ai, which is where I came in.

I think I forgot to add Kevin to the AI update credits :embarrassed:

Ah no worries man. Glad to see you back in action... btw isn't 1.2 the same number version as the last update? Maybe that lead to some of my confusion....

Last edited by a moderator:

POV

Hungary
Hungary
To be fair, I did a lot of races with AI in another sims, and I have to say I was a bit harsh last time about AC. I still think there are better ones but it's not so bad compared to the others as I remembered. I think I hated it so much because I used it most of the time.

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Does anyone have any experience with fixing the AI for the ACR Ferrari F1/87? The AI keeps downshifting instead of upshifting for some reason and playing around with the ai.ini file doesn't seem to want to change anything.

United States
Chicago, USA
View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Added UI file
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wf17coh3q45chf2/vhe_hockenheim_1.2.rar/file
Best part of the update = New road mesh by @gunnar333

Thank you, gunnar333! It feels so much better now! The previous version felt so bumpy that I was checking my FFB settings in CM.