Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Can someone direct me to the original car? Link's dead.
Here you go:

As @Fanapryde pointed out this car could do with some TLC, though. Some updates have been made to improve the mod as originally posted on Assettoland, including LODs, some shader adjustments, model proportions, physics and more. There are some things that could do with improvement. For example there is a strange shading/lighting issue on some bodypanels edges, it could do with a working MOTEC and wiper animation.
If anyone would be so nice to take on these or one of these subject you're very much welcome to do so!

BPX6Qa.jpg

Link to the updated version which should be working: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o291shd381u245u/vw_funcup.rar/file
(Don't forget to download the skinpack as well!)

Edit: Just too late, haha!

Last edited:
View attachment 1014041

Autodromo Internacional de Goiânia - Version 2.1

CHANGELOG 2.1
- Fixed materials, textures and objects
- Replaced and added some objects on the track
- Trees reworked from scratch
- Added animated objects
- Starting lights working
- Updated the VAO file
- Configuration file updated
- Added Rain FX
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps
- Various fix by @norms
- New cams by @DaBaeda

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/071mf1dj4jzk1cb/vhe_goiania_2.1.rar/file

This is epic. Combining both great looks and vibrations on fbb are just freaking awesome. Thanks a lot man !

View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Added UI file
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

Edit: already included, I am confused individual...

Last edited:
Hi guys, does anyone know how to do an "extension" folder so I can use the tyre skins with all the skins of the car, not just one? (like the ones there are for the rss cars)

Hi guys, does anyone know how to do an "extension" folder so I can use the tyre skins with all the skins of the car, not just one? (like the ones there are for the rss cars)
You should be able to just use the ext_config.ini and put the files in every folder.
To save space you could point to a master and change your ext_config to point to that folder and inject that code into each ext_config for every car...
You have to put the code in each ext_config for each car..

I downloaded the Mich,Pirelli skins and the code is included...

Ok. But does your SF Stradale at least have interior? And the end of 2022 is not a promising date. It's better to have a few models really nicely done than a bulk of hundreds re-touch-ups to download and check what is worth what.
Anyway, cheers and keep it fast : )

Maybe I've missed something but has there ever been a car mod released that didn't have an interior? An interior is clearly visible in the picture, or do you mean will it have a load of CSP features like animated indicator stalks? Believe me I would like to finish faster, however my whole project involves bringing all the cars in my collection to a minimum standard. There will be cars at each end of my own personal 'acceptable quality' spectrum, but everything released will use universal material/texture/shader standards, have exterior AO, custom LODs, working AI and a physics set in line with believable performance benchmarks. Basically if all goes to plan you won't have to 'gamble' with which downloads are worth it, you'll either approve of the quality standard used or you won't i.e. you'll either like all my releases or none of them.

Thank you, but your AI files are already included in v1.2.

Oops got confused, thanks for straightening me out...:dunce:

BTW just to give credit to where it's due, the ai was done by @LiquidSkyMan. At the time he was tied up with other commitments, and wasn't able to test the ai, which is where I came in.

I think I forgot to add Kevin to the AI update credits :embarrassed:

Ah no worries man. Glad to see you back in action... btw isn't 1.2 the same number version as the last update? Maybe that lead to some of my confusion....

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, I did a lot of races with AI in another sims, and I have to say I was a bit harsh last time about AC. I still think there are better ones but it's not so bad compared to the others as I remembered. I think I hated it so much because I used it most of the time.

Does anyone have any experience with fixing the AI for the ACR Ferrari F1/87? The AI keeps downshifting instead of upshifting for some reason and playing around with the ai.ini file doesn't seem to want to change anything.

View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Added UI file
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wf17coh3q45chf2/vhe_hockenheim_1.2.rar/file
Best part of the update = New road mesh by @gunnar333

Thank you, gunnar333! It feels so much better now! The previous version felt so bumpy that I was checking my FFB settings in CM.

POV
To be fair, I did a lot of races with AI in another sims, and I have to say I was a bit harsh last time about AC. I still think there are better ones but it's not so bad compared to the others as I remembered. I think I hated it so much because I used it most of the time.
I may have done the same thing - I still think it's probably the worst AI out of the main games I play, but last night I did have some seriously fun races against AI.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back