Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
You're absolutely right, but what I really mean is that some corners are too short or too long. In this case in particular... let's say Bugatti, for example. In the sim, it's completely wrong. On the other hand, as I've mentioned before, Valencia feels almost like the real thing to me.

Can someone post a mirror of this file. I'm having a lot of troubles with this host :-( Thanks in advance.

That's what I mean, Jarama is the local circuit of my city, I belong to the Jarama club and I can go whenever I want (as long as there is no race) I have hundreds of laps on the track and look what happened to me in the simulator ...

I enter the curves in the correct place, but what about the exit? In each lap I have to look for the exit point in the simulator, because it is VERY different from reality, you cannot 'run' like real circuit either, there are curves that I do with full throttle because I lean on the bank of the curve, this is lost by the simulator, you have to reduce and enter the curve in another way ... it is very rare.

Last edited:
Hi All
Im looking to update my F1 custom championships to use easily found tracks to download without renaming tracks as I tend to do (it will also save som GDrive space :)) This hopefully will make life easier if people download serveral different championships.

Has anyone compiled a definitive list of F1 Tracks for the years 2000 -2021 and download links ? (Im aware that several of the tracks didnt change or their layout too much over this period plus we have a plethora of similar track versions - Some good, some urgh)

I have started an excel sheet (attached) but would be grateful for any suggestions as to the best versions of the circuits
Screenshot (708).png
Screenshot (709).png

Thanks in advance
Cozy61

Attachments

• 2000-2021 F1 AC Car and Track Sheet.xlsx
    29.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Here is some pics of Oregon Raceway Park - what a fun track to drive this is!

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_p4-5_2006_s1_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-34-3.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_p4-5_2006_s1_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-34-12.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_p4-5_2006_s1_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-35-50.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-15-59-39.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-0-5.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-0-21.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_oregon_raceway_park_9-5-121-16-0-37.jpg

It looks fun and very well done, but I think it's a bit too long, like an endurance layout. Is it possible to release both an endurance layout and the original GT layout?

The bit on the docks can be cut out entirely taking the sharp right hander towards the end of the track that turned into under the overpass, so yeah the original layout (or as close to it as possible on the modern roads) will be accessible, also there's a through road on the dock section, that makes for a short circuit on its own as well, so in total 3 layouts ;)

View attachment 1016437 View attachment 1016438 View attachment 1016439 View attachment 1016440 View attachment 1016441 View attachment 1016442 View attachment 1016443

The bit on the docks can be cut out entirely taking the sharp right hander towards the end of the track that turned into under the overpass, so yeah the original layout (or as close to it as possible on the modern roads) will be accessible, also there's a through road on the dock section, that makes for a short circuit on its own as well, so in total 3 layouts ;)

What an absolute legend 👍👍 awesome to hear!

I have a question with your montjuich in the txt it says this Montjuich + 1975 + v1.56.7z

but then the file that is downloaded is this Montjuich 1975 v1.01 by Rainmaker

The v1.56 was just a internal number I´ve given the track in the conversion process.

Let's see if there is someone who can explain to me the reason for this ai behavior in this specific case.

I have made the line in the downhill direction, the track has an internal configuration from point to point, but the line goes in the correct direction and crosses the two necessary starting and finishing points.

How can this behavior be? the cars stay stopped when I go in the right direction, but if they walk when I go in the opposite direction ...

Is that the doubt I have is that it can be several things, so this happens, but only one in particular would fix this 'problem'.

In the end I see myself working on this too much and I just want to have ai cars on that map.

By the way this is car spam on trackday, I think doing it the other way with cars running as npc the feeling is much better.

Last edited:
Looks like that could be a fun track to do some hotlapping on. Cool that it supports the CSP grass. Does it support the RainFX too though? No mention of what it supports at all on that page.

So I bought the RSS GT pack today, after much debate to myself whether I wanted to support paid mods. Now I don't really like that I had to pay for these cars, but the relatively low price was worth it as the content really is top notch. Having a lot of fun zipping around in them.

I have a question though, not related to the GT pack, that maybe someone here can answer. I want to know is the Reboot Team still around and where can I see a catalogue of all their tracks? I noticed CM said there was an update to Okutama track (I was using version 1.1 posted here from long time ago) and it said in the title that it was from the Reboot Team (ver. 2.2).

Last edited:
Looks like that could be a fun track to do some hotlapping on. Cool that it supports the CSP grass. Does it support the RainFX too though? No mention of what it supports at all on that page.

So I bought the RSS GT pack today, after much debate to myself whether I wanted to support paid mods. Now I don't really like that I had to pay for these cars, but the relatively low price was worth it as the content really is top notch. Having a lot of fun zipping around in them.

I have a question though, not related to the GT pack, that maybe someone here can answer. I want to know is the Reboot Team still around and where can I see a catalogue of all their tracks? I noticed CM said there was an update to Okutama track (I was using version 1.1 posted here from long time ago) and it said in the title that it was from the Reboot Team (ver. 2.2).

https://tm-modding.eu/reboot-team-tracks/

If anyone has the game, then i would love to see tracks ported from this game...if that is possible cause these tracks looks more like it would work for hosting 50 lap or 15 lap online races in AC.

EDIT: The video thumbnail isn't working, but the gameplay video still works.

Last edited:
I'm out
If anyone has the game, then i would love to see tracks ported from this game...if that is possible cause these tracks looks more like it would work for hosting 50 lap or 15 lap online races in AC.

EDIT: The video thumbnail isn't working, but the gameplay video still works.

I have been talking about doing future GPX mods forever. I def wanna see tracks from Road to the infinity being made since they are more accurate to the show and are balls to the walls crazy

ok, I know why this map is so broken to play with the ai, all the essential boxes are placed, anywhere, it would have ended earlier starting here, but I would not have discovered certain things about the behavior of the ai with the line of pit, there are things he does in that line that he does not do with the race line and that can be exploited a lot in the freeroam maps

Captura.png

I'm out

I have been talking about doing future GPX mods forever. I def wanna see tracks from Road to the infinity being made since they are more accurate to the show and are balls to the walls crazy

Well if they have managed to extract the course models from the game data, then that would be a neat idea to bring them into AC.

Turns out I didn't feel like procrastinating and ended up updating the Mini. Reconverted it from scratch, and it now has the following features:
  • Working mirrors
  • Corrected steering wheel rotation
  • Fixed transparency issues on interior (although steering wheel badge is still a bit wrong)
  • Separated roof, interior parts, and wheels to allow all to be coloured individually (check out the bluered skin folder for examples)
  • Center tail light, and all pre-facelift lights now work properly
  • Corrected skins not removing the facelift/pre-facelift lights
  • Refined materials all over - parts of the interior are now using PBR, the sat nav works correctly for CSP, and paint jobs now look "more correct"
View attachment 1016382
View attachment 1016383
View attachment 1016384

For the next update I'll likely add the other rim options that it had from CSR2 with an example file showing how to replace them.

Make sure to delete and replace any previous versions.

DOWNLOAD
This is coming along really nicely, I hope you manage to maintain the momentum and continue to refine it.
Where was the base model from? I know it's early in development but the wing mirror housings and rear-view mirror frame could use some smoothing and/or more tris, these get looked at a lot when driving.
Keep up the good work!

VRC Alabama GrassFX/RainFX. Simple, but its all it needs.

View attachment 1016368

Code:
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass,outerland,roadtr
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0
SHAPE_CUT = 0.5
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1.5
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road,kerb,roadpatches
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road,roadpatches
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass
LINES_MATERIALS = line
Can I use this config for any other track, for example Black Cat County with Climaxf1' skin?

This is coming along really nicely, I hope you manage to maintain the momentum and continue to refine it.
Where was the base model from? I know it's early in development but the wing mirror housings and rear-view mirror frame could use some smoothing and/or more tris, these get looked at a lot when driving.
Keep up the good work!
It's from CSR 2 which is a great source of AC-like quality models. I've done some manual refinements to the model in certain places so can definitely take a look at the mirrors for you. Would you be able to highlight the parts that need smoothing? Haven't noticed it yet in my game.

EDIT: Just realised you said the housing and not the actual surface. I assume you mean the visible polygon edges here?
upload_2021-6-9_23-25-15.png

Last edited:
It's from CSR 2 which is a great source of AC-like quality models. I've done some manual refinements to the model in certain places so can definitely take a look at the mirrors for you. Would you be able to highlight the parts that need smoothing? Haven't noticed it yet in my game.

EDIT: Just realised you said the housing and not the actual surface. I assume you mean the visible polygon edges here?
View attachment 1016480
Yep, those be they.
:)

View attachment 1016437 View attachment 1016438 View attachment 1016439 View attachment 1016440 View attachment 1016441 View attachment 1016442 View attachment 1016443

you are stomping through so many awesome local tracks, thanks so much Tyrone!

Any chance you might take on thermal club? :P

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back