Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
that Opala is NICE.. in AMS1 the Opala '86 at Historic Johannesburg is my all time favorite combo, they were made for each other.. Something got lost when Reiza brought it to AMS2.. not as nice as the original in terms of feeling. pity.

The tracks we worked on together for AMS now and then, spurned me on to buy AMS1 and its become a regular now for me 😉, nearly overtaking ACC for me, considering ive owned it for only a few months versus a LONG time for ACC>
View attachment 1066846

I got AMS1 at the same time as AC about 2 years ago.
AMS1 60 Hours
AC just over 2000 hours. madness.
I have all the sims and RF2 and RaceRoom are just about 200 hours each.
AC just eats my game time all up.

Is this track still available? ive looked high and low for this track and never thought of a new name!!
I'll share what I have installed- no idea what happened to original link. Includes fixes by @slider666. Track could still use some work if anyone's interested.

Ningbo International Circuit (Yongcheng):

Screenshot_chivas_13sc430gt500_definitive_yongcheng_4-3-121-9-8-26.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this? All the camera angles are offset to one side after installing the new CSP

Edit: Figured it out, it was caused by the AMD FidelityFX

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_hungaroring_2020_11-6-121-8-50-20.jpg

Last edited:
create LOD with CM and the problem will disappear

Isn't there a need to make it with some program?

- I'm not a modder by any mean -
Downloaded Simplygon, but that's it. I'm in a dark room with no light.

Btw, why generating Lods in my car will affect the visibility of the other cars? I mean, all them are different of mine.

Anyone know how to fix this? All the camera angles are offset to one side after installing the new CSP

View attachment 1066890
I don't have this problem at home , you single screen?
EDit: my use AMD FidelityFX no have the problem

Isn't there a need to make it with some program?

- I'm not a modder by any mean -
Downloaded Simplygon, but that's it. I'm in a dark room with no light.

Btw, why generating Lods in my car will affect the visibility of the other cars? I mean, all them are different of mine.
your problem comes in the data of the car that looks for a LOD that does not exist or the value of distance without lod is too small

Last edited:
your problem comes in the data of the car that looks for a LOD that does not exist or the value of distance without lod is too small
I (guess) understand what you mean, but that is not the problem.
It is not the

IN=0
OUT=2000

issue!

As I said, the cars are visible behind, left, right, mirrors on any distance.
The issue is the windshield.

Yes, got same trojan alert from Defender.
Try this one.
BMW M3 E46

Last edited:
I wouldn't call my version "patched up and modern" but here it is, v1.2 from Darren Blythe (including extension folder and a Pirtek Perth 2019 skin).
The kn5 is from last year, so it must be a 'newer' version, but I can't remember where I got it from.

https://mega.nz/file/qDZ0SJJT#CVPf_o9zJ2STlOdvV9MGWU4LQ5lh-dHa5JFHeQM2uH4

Curious te hear if the grass is OK on your side (running latest SOL and CSP 0.1.75)
Yup, I'm getting the same camo grass you are. I think someone's going to need to swap the awful 2d grass texture this track has. It would look much better after that. I'm not exactly sure how GrassFX works but the 3d stuff seems to mimic the colour of whatever 2d texture it's over.

But the ground isn't ripping itself apart in ribbons anymore so I guess it's an improvement. I saw some people figured it out on the last page of this thread but nobody dropped a download link to a fixed version with the better grass texture for some reason...

Last edited:
Still no rain for non-patreon plebs? 🙁
I would not expect it to be ever available outside the patreon. Why should it be available, if some one is not interested enough to send a few buck to Ilja, if only to thank him for all he has already done to improve AC, then they are not really interested.
This the only patreon I am part of, but at the same time it makes me glad I can help contribute.
The rain in AC with Rain FX is outstanding and worth the little cash outlay.

changelogs
New way to animate wipers, AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution and more (with preview build with rain)
First of all, I apologize for such a long delay. It’s silly, but I wasted three weeks working on a new way to animate wipers. Had to rewrite it a couple of times, but for most time I was working on creating a helpful tool which would allow to animate wipers easily.
1.png

Regular approach with letting car creators write an INI config could work, but setting those pivots and axis in there with nothing but trial and error is a bit too counterproductive. Plus, tool allows to animate meshes without separating pieces apart, so car creator would need a way to somehow assign different roles to different parts of a mesh. All of that is much easier to do with some UI.
1.png

Shame about time, but I think it was worth it, after all, it’s one of most noticeable parts in a rainy race. And, in my opinion, new system actually works better than the one we had before. Not only it’s much easier to set, but resulting animation is smoother and works better with RainFX. Also, wiper automatically snaps to windscreen surface, and tool has various options for more complicated constructions (like wipers of Abarth 595 with that f
1.png

In other major changes: new colored shadowing mode adds colorized shadows and ambient lighting for car interiors (only for car interiors to avoid a performance hit). Also, driver model will get a bit of fake ambient shadow in closed cars similar to Shadowed Wheels module, hopefully that would help with those glowing drivers heads. Reflections masking for interiors is also updated, now applied properly and more than to just a focused car. And default WeatherFX script got a small update as well, fixing few brightness values and improving clAMD is also available now, although in non-VR modes you would need to enable postprocessing and FXAA (in AC video settings) for it to work. In VR any combination should work. Might help with performance, its Quality and Ultra Quality presets look surprisingly good.
1.jpg

There are quite a few other changes for people creating configs. For example, track conditions now can use expressions to combine several inputs or other conditions together. And cars now can have fully scriptable interactive textures— a neat new way to create digital instruments.
As for RainFX, now whole thing should be more stable, I finally tracked down one particularly nasty bug causing a rare but unescapable crash. Thermal parameters for new rain tyres should work correctly (at least not as broken as before), and a few other annoying bugs were fixed, like cars not getting wet properly. Tyres now take into account rubberness of the surface as well as painted lines on a track. Next on the TODO-list is to finally integrate drying/wettening racing line, try to get AI to work and work more on particles and other visual aspects. Oh, also, patched acServer now can alter conditions dynamically, including weather type and rain-related parameters. I’m still working on a system which would allow to get dynamic conditions to work with original acServer too.
In other plans: I’m working on a fix for Content Manager, that last update broke some things. Also, I finally started working on TreesFX! Can’t guarantee any acceptable results yet, but at least my initial idea of generating trees with Lua scripts seems to be promising so far(it looks nasty, but it’s just something to measure performance, and it took 0.2 ms to generate, so that’s a relief).
As always, thank you so much for all the incredible support! Again, I’m very sorry for such a long delay, I’ll try to do my best to post updates more frequently. I really wanted to finish new wipers and release them in one piece though, to make sure car creators wouldn’t be turned off by a system which would be broken or too complicated to use.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm getting the same camo grass you are. I think someone's going to need to swap the awful 2d grass texture this track has. It would look much better after that. I'm not exactly sure how GrassFX works but the 3d stuff seems to mimic the colour of whatever 2d texture it's over.

But the ground isn't ripping itself apart in ribbons anymore so I guess it's an improvement. I saw some people figured it out on the last page of this thread but nobody dropped a download link to a fixed version with the better grass texture for some reason...
Check your PM 🙂

I would not expect it to be ever available outside the patreon. Why should it be available, if some one is not interested enough to send a few buck to Ilja, if only to thank him for all he has already done to improve AC, then they are not really interested.
This the only patreon I am part of, but at the same time it makes me glad I can help contribute.
The rain in AC with Rain FX is outstanding and worth the little cash outlay.

New way to animate wipers, AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution and more (with preview build with rain)
First of all, I apologize for such a long delay. It’s silly, but I wasted three weeks working on a new way to animate wipers. Had to rewrite it a couple of times, but for most time I was working on creating a helpful tool which would allow to animate wipers easily.
1.png

Regular approach with letting car creators write an INI config could work, but setting those pivots and axis in there with nothing but trial and error is a bit too counterproductive. Plus, tool allows to animate meshes without separating pieces apart, so car creator would need a way to somehow assign different roles to different parts of a mesh. All of that is much easier to do with some UI.
1.png

Shame about time, but I think it was worth it, after all, it’s one of most noticeable parts in a rainy race. And, in my opinion, new system actually works better than the one we had before. Not only it’s much easier to set, but resulting animation is smoother and works better with RainFX. Also, wiper automatically snaps to windscreen surface, and tool has various options for more complicated constructions (like wipers of Abarth 595 with that f
1.png

In other major changes: new colored shadowing mode adds colorized shadows and ambient lighting for car interiors (only for car interiors to avoid a performance hit). Also, driver model will get a bit of fake ambient shadow in closed cars similar to Shadowed Wheels module, hopefully that would help with those glowing drivers heads. Reflections masking for interiors is also updated, now applied properly and more than to just a focused car. And default WeatherFX script got a small update as well, fixing few brightness values and improving clAMD is also available now, although in non-VR modes you would need to enable postprocessing and FXAA (in AC video settings) for it to work. In VR any combination should work. Might help with performance, its Quality and Ultra Quality presets look surprisingly good.
1.jpg

There are quite a few other changes for people creating configs. For example, track conditions now can use expressions to combine several inputs or other conditions together. And cars now can have fully scriptable interactive textures— a neat new way to create digital instruments.
As for RainFX, now whole thing should be more stable, I finally tracked down one particularly nasty bug causing a rare but unescapable crash. Thermal parameters for new rain tyres should work correctly (at least not as broken as before), and a few other annoying bugs were fixed, like cars not getting wet properly. Tyres now take into account rubberness of the surface as well as painted lines on a track. Next on the TODO-list is to finally integrate drying/wettening racing line, try to get AI to work and work more on particles and other visual aspects. Oh, also, patched acServer now can alter conditions dynamically, including weather type and rain-related parameters. I’m still working on a system which would allow to get dynamic conditions to work with original acServer too.
In other plans: I’m working on a fix for Content Manager, that last update broke some things. Also, I finally started working on TreesFX! Can’t guarantee any acceptable results yet, but at least my initial idea of generating trees with Lua scripts seems to be promising so far(it looks nasty, but it’s just something to measure performance, and it took 0.2 ms to generate, so that’s a relief).
As always, thank you so much for all the incredible support! Again, I’m very sorry for such a long delay, I’ll try to do my best to post updates more frequently. I really wanted to finish new wipers and release them in one piece though, to make sure car creators wouldn’t be turned off by a system which would be broken or too complicated to use.
Thanks pal!

Man, I have been playing around with the lod creator build in the content menager, it's really good, way better lods than with the script. Also, glad to know AC will get that super resolution thing through csp.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back