Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
@__EASY__ thank you for the update of Karlskoga! But there are still two billboards, that are heavily flickering at the backside from the distance. It's especially noticeable in VR. Maybe you can check this?

flickering.jpg
@__EASY__ Now I've found a solution to prevent the flickering of two billboards from the distance.
Add the following section to the ext_config.ini of the track:

;;;prevent flickering of two billboards from the distance

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= remove double side to prevent flickering from the distance
MESHES = karlkoga_banners_01.ddsbanners_02-4,karlkoga_banners_04.ddsbanners_05-1
MATERIALS = KARLKOGA_BANNERS_01_2,KARLKOGA_BANNERS_04_9
CULL_MODE= ON

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about this?

There's this Audi R18 that I've seen in Discord threads everywhere and even in our own photo thread now, but all it ever appears in is this fake blue livery and I haven't seen anything on who made it or where it comes from.

I'm assuming it might be private but I've never seen anyone ask, so maybe it's an unreleased mod from one of the big names? Maybe it's a VRC or URD car that's coming that I missed the announcement for? Then again I've never seen anyone talking about this so I'm not sure.

From the filename of the image it doesn't appear to be any sort of paid mod author, so that makes it even more curious. Could the model be from GT Sport? Lots of questions, not many answers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_lmp1_audi_r18_2016_spa_17-10-121-15-57-47-accum.png
    Screenshot_lmp1_audi_r18_2016_spa_17-10-121-15-57-47-accum.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

There's this Audi R18 that I've seen in Discord threads everywhere and even in our own photo thread now, but all it ever appears in is this fake blue livery and I haven't seen anything on who made it or where it comes from.

I'm assuming it might be private but I've never seen anyone ask, so maybe it's an unreleased mod from one of the big names? Maybe it's a VRC or URD car that's coming that I missed the announcement for? Then again I've never seen anyone talking about this so I'm not sure.

From the filename of the image it doesn't appear to be any sort of paid mod author, so that makes it even more curious. Could the model be from GT Sport? Lots of questions, not many answers.
I would say based on the apparent quality of the model in the picture, it is most likely the model from GT Sport, though I haven't found anything about such a project being done for AC

hi, im about to release a car pack but need to bake one last vao. ive tried using custom bakery but its causing to rim to shimmer. it happens when i have to remove the blurred objects ini file which is casuing the rims to look weird. ive tried leaving the file in the data flder but blanlk contents. ive also tried opening the car in kseditor and saving which has worked before but isnt this time. can someone please help or try to bake me a vao for the car.

edit: please ignore. forced it through the blurred objects ini by changing the values. attached just in case.

Attachments

• blurred_objects.ini.txt
    632 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
hi, im about to release a car pack but need to bake one last vao. ive tried using custom bakery but its causing to rim to shimmer. it happens when i have to remove the blurred objects ini file which is casuing the rims to look weird. ive tried leaving the file in the data flder but blanlk contents. ive also tried opening the car in kseditor and saving which has worked before but isnt this time. can someone please help or try to bake me a vao for the car.
If you have Nvidia card, go to:

Download build-v8.zip, extract files into car folder. Drag .kn5 to bakeryoptix.exe. You can also edit parameters file if you need to and re-bake.

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know if there are any extensions for Kunos original Silverstone track? I wanted to race with some friends at night but its too difficult, there are no lights.

Cheers!

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know if there are any extensions for Kunos original Silverstone track? I wanted to race with some friends at night but its too difficult, there are no lights.

Cheers!
Did you mean that you have no lights at all at Silverstone or just not enough light on the track (tarmac)?

The extension file for Kunos-tracks should be in ?:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

And this file has a lot of light sources (but no spotlights for the track).

Attachments

• ks_silverstone.ini.txt
    26.1 KB · Views: 9
Holidays are soon here and its time to drop a bunch of presents... but Santa Wood has an issue.
One of his Elf's is sick and he was the one who created camera files for the cute little tracks, for all the boys and girls.
Its not a hard job, and the tracks are just stocking fillers (not the big shiny gifts that will come on Christmas Day).
There are maybe 10-20 of these little gems just waiting for that missing touch...

are you up for the task?
Write Santa Wood a letter (or PM), with a wink and a nod "yes"!

Happy Season of Joy,
Santa Wood

ps: also wanted someone who can smooth road meshes

Last edited:
Repco Raceway v1.0
RD Link

04/07/2023 Edit;
v1.1
Converted from rFactor2.

Screenshot_vrc_pt_2019_tagomi_t50_repcoraceway_27-10-121-17-6-38.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_pt_2019_tagomi_t50_repcoraceway_27-10-121-17-6-17.jpg

Fictional circuit in Australia.

-CSP required
-21 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
・ Eren Tuzci (erenschumacher), create rFactor2 version and Thank you for gave me permission, AI, cam
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@RMi_wood , Cooperation

Enjoy.

Last edited:

I would say based on the apparent quality of the model in the picture, it is most likely the model from GT Sport, though I haven't found anything about such a project being done for AC

You meaning this car?

Screenshot_lmp1_audi_r18_2016_ks_nurburgring_27-10-121-10-20-54.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_lmp1_audi_r18_2016_ks_nurburgring_27-10-121-10-20-27.jpg
    Screenshot_lmp1_audi_r18_2016_ks_nurburgring_27-10-121-10-20-27.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
Seems I can grab addon/maps from this game... if you know any that would work in Assetto I might try to convert one or two :)
They are generally all skateparks. As much as I would enjoy the challenge of kickflipping a porsche, I don't think they would be of much use, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Working on an AI line and sidelines for the first time. I've got the AI running pretty safe on an oval, aa_Nazareth, but in the final corner they often get way off the line (with 0% aggression)...

1.jpg

...and suddenly correct back down toward the line.

2.jpg

They'll either go over the sideline and bump the wall, or correct too quickly down and hit traffic. Any suggestions on how to make this line safer?

Last edited:
Embarrassed to ask but here it goes, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have no idea how all this config file stuff works with folders and everything, is there a basic tutorial somewhere?

Appreciate any help, thank you

Embarrassed to ask but here it goes, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have no idea how all this config file stuff works with folders and everything, is there a basic tutorial somewhere?

Make a folder in your track folder called "extension" then place the "ext_config.ini" inside this folder. will load it automatically when you start the race.

Make a folder in your track folder called "extension" then place the "ext_config.ini" inside this folder. will load it automatically when you start the race.
Here's a screenshot that may help
Screenshot (820).jpg

Last edited:
Did you mean that you have no lights at all at Silverstone or just not enough light on the track (tarmac)?

The extension file for Kunos-tracks should be in ?:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

And this file has a lot of light sources (but no spotlights for the track).
Yes! That's exactly what I wanted, there are no lights on the Kunos tracks. Do you know where I can find configs for the other tracks?

Working on an AI line and sidelines for the first time. I've got the AI running pretty safe on an oval, aa_Nazareth, but in the final corner they often get way off the line (with 0% aggression)...

View attachment 1096294

...and suddenly correct back down toward the line.

View attachment 1096295

They'll either go over the sideline and bump the wall, or correct too quickly down and hit traffic. Any suggestions on how to make this line safer?
It's the BALLOOOONZ distracting them... 😂

The funny thing is, there were a lot of guys who were upset that our mods were only available for download in our Facebook group. Then we decided to create a website with a forum to organize and keep feedback, downloads, bug reports, ideas, etc. everything clearer. And above all to give those who don't use Facebook the opportunity to get our mods more easily. The only thing people have to do is, to register in the forum, which only takes a few minutes once. But even that is still too time-consuming or complicated (?) for many and people still complain. You can never please everyone. 🤷‍♂️
Yep people keep complaning about everything in this world. Anyway the web site it's a valid thing but IMHO I think that people are looking for simple things like a discord channel

Thanks for this.
A little issue (on my side) is that when I enable the extension, all trees are flickering... no idea how or why though... 🤔
Disabled it and all is back to normal.
no idea... but the trees glow a faint deep red for me for no reason with/without config and are not set emissive.
Track is better with the config... really not a serious attempt but was reviewing some tracks (keep or bin) and figured it needed some
help.

as a test, try disabling this entry:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 0
DESCRIPTION = tree fix
MATERIALS = trees?, Leaves, ?trees
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW = 1
CULL_MODE = NONE
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back