Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,147 comments
Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_longtail_rt_daytona_8-0-122-0-5-34.png

Out with the new, in with the old. A little preview of progress so far. ;)

You just have to unpack the car's data file and you'll find the lods.ini file inside the data folder that's created.

Once you've made your changes, make sure you tick the box in the UI that says to 'use unpacked data if exists'. If you don't, you'll still be loading the original unedited data.acd file, not the unpacked folder with the changes you've made.
Strange, there are no Driver Switch' setting in the LODs.ini

I tried adding the line, but it did not work.

Strange, there are no Driver Switch' setting in the LODs.ini

I tried adding the line, but it did not work.
The two lines you can try adjusting in the lods.ini are:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[DRIVER_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=25

If either line isn't there, just add it in and give it a go. I can't promise that will fix your bobbleheaded driver, but it's all I've ever resorted to fiddling with when trying to sort such an issue. 🙂

Developers don't really care that you use the models. Sure, they might not like it, but at the end of the day, they will continue to get paid to build new ones because it is necessary for their title to sell. Also, each mod doesn't really get that much reach or download. some of the best mods only get only like 50k download. That is nothing compared to the 10s of millions of copies game developer actually sells.
I'd agree in part, but disagree sim devs are selling tens of millions of anything.
The hobby angle always helped, the idea of it being people spending their own time improving stuff for free, was always the mantra trotted out.

Supose it was easy to ignore.
I think the way some are treating AC its starting to take the rip a bit now. The over inflated sense of ownership for an already stolen ripped model by some is way beyond little guy having fun with a hobby.

Who are you talking about? ah maybe I don't see these messages anymore because I must have put it on ignore :D
I understand that you are only advertising your content here and that's it? You don't read or see messages from other members because they are ignored by you?
Now it’s clear why I didn’t wait for a response from you about fixing the problem on "your" track.
This is your right, and this is my opinion!

P.S.
I want to add that you are doing a good job and many will agree with me, but the whole problem around you is that you rename mods and give links to Sharemods. This is very toxic for some part of our community. Think about it!

Last edited:
A gift from Bruce Kelt:

#released
2014 Chevrolet SS & 2014 Holden Commodore SS & Police Variant aswell.
All Sounds Done by me,
Police Skin was done by: Dustinobot
Models From Forza Horzion 3
Download: https://mega.nz/file/Hk5UUJqI#gnCCRR1TnAnIPyDzx1QohLGi_e8XTQJFp1_a5GjjnsE
Disclaimer: The Diffs on rear end are Very High Preload to Stop making these car lose control while changing gear in full throttle (in Auto Shift mode)
DO NOT REUPLOAD ANYWHERE AS LONG SHARING WITH ORGINIAL LINK IS ALLOWED. THAT'S MEAN NO REUPLOAD TO MODSHARE OR SIMLIAR "PAY PER CLICK" SHARE DOWNLOADS LINKS.

Attachments

• HoldenVF.jpg
    HoldenVF.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
A gift from Bruce Kelt:

#released
2014 Chevrolet SS & 2014 Holden Commodore SS & Police Variant aswell.
All Sounds Done by me,
Police Skin was done by: Dustinobot
Models From Forza Horzion 3
Download: https://mega.nz/file/e0lniY6T#CpMbpu9jLYOXzlhZbX8SUZBHgnPpbqfOjD2an-12vPw
Disclaimer: The Diffs on rear end are Very High Preload to Stop making these car lose control while changing gear in full throttle (in Auto Shift mode)
DO NOT REUPLOAD ANYWHERE AS LONG SHARING WITH ORGINIAL LINK IS ALLOWED. THAT'S MEAN NO REUPLOAD TO MODSHARE OR SIMLIAR "PAY PER CLICK" SHARE DOWNLOADS LINKS.
Just a heads-up, the download link is wrong; it leads to a download for a BMW M140i pack instead. Here's the correct link I found from the FileMissing discord: https://mega.nz/file/Hk5UUJqI#gnCCRR1TnAnIPyDzx1QohLGi_e8XTQJFp1_a5GjjnsE

LeMans 1989 - extension config

quick config, fixes many things. Feel free to refine/add/edit!
  • track light casting
  • transparent windows
  • grass
  • other transparent fixes
in the config file it says
'; configuration file for rmi_gtr2_spa1993'
I assume that's a remnant of another config file you made?

PedroBLR on last month end released interesting one his version of BMW M3 GTR, but without any skins, only one red, and some skins from RD doesn't fit. :(
Maybe someone could make some fixes / adoptations or have released works?
Btw, car also need some fixes on graphical issues, missing dash fonts etc.

Last edited:
Returning to conversation of how many mods we have:
not all the cars are great mods (physics, ffb, other bugs...) but it would be a shame for me erase them from my CM because 3D models are very good. So I decided to use them as AI for races.
What do you think?
Yes, I do this as well. Only the good ones are rated with the full stars in CM, and you even can put a note into the car, like "only for AI purpose" etc.

@__EASY__

Hosting Camino Viejo De Montserrat on your Sharemods is not cool, please remove the link.
Linking to the official release is always ok, but not relink to your own!

View attachment 1104070

Just in case no one actually understands what the problem is here... This isn't even a mod he had anything to do with. He downloaded the mod, uploaded it to his sharemods account (sharemods has a get paid for downloads feature) and posted it on his forums in the available mods section. He could easily link to the original link which will always have the latest updates on it, but he links to this so he can profit off other people's work. The people who actually originally worked on the track (turn10/microsoft) probably wouldn't like it very much, and the people who converted it to AC and overhauled it (who are choosing to remain anonymous) aren't profiting off it in any way.

It's dirty, it's sleazy.

Edit: he has me on ignore, and I imagine rMI as well, so people who aren't ignored by him would need to quote the post for him to even know what we're talking about.

Last edited:
Quite odd. I never had any issue downloading from RD.

It´s mostly slow due to IP "Deutsche Telekom".

In the last 2-3 month it is very slow for me.
I thought it was a daily/weekly limit. Or that behavior was caused the problem, that I opened 5-6 RD mod-download pages, and starts download after that.

For example now it downloading 80KB/s........
But not only the file download is slow, the whole page.

I'm using Opera browser. (My ISP is Hungarian Telecom)

Did you get the 037? Since that raced in GT1, JGTC 1994 ;) And you're welcome for finding the link for yah. It's also pretty nice to see some Fictional GT1s about and Unraced GT1s - Looking at you ferrari. Only GT1 Missing from what i've seen: F40 GTE and i believe it's the Mirage??? and not sure on any more.

There is a lot of GT1 cars which is exsist.

Thanks to all "those that shall not be named" that put in all the work to convert Camino Viejo De Montserrat. It's awesome to drive it today in Assetto Corsa, in VR, and with some of the great car mods we have.

Watch as I manage to keep this beast on the Elite Circuit. This one keeps you on your toes, and there can be a few "pucker" moments. You can see my "hand and foot work" in the inset videos, and I catch some air at a few places on each lap.

Download this track, with all its layouts, at this post in case you missed it!

Download a great skin by @Masscot, and yes, there's balloons!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back