Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,094 comments
And if you don't want it fixing, don't release it broken in the first place. Take your time, get it right, test it properly... have some pride in your work.
I'd suggest that people submit their changes to the author (who should put his contact info in the mod!) rather than just fix things and reupload. Multiple variants (usually with no sensible versioning) from multiple authors makes it very hard to figure out what to actually use. Plus, what does "get it right" mean? There are legitimately different views of what's "right" and different people have differentl skills and consider different areas important. Not to mention: very few of us have the experience to judge what's "realistic" and, in the case of historic cars, none of us do.

also is there a audi R8R mod and a Porsche kramer k8 or lmp2000 mod?
R8R yes, Kremer K8 - no, LMP2000 - no but there is a 98.
Hi,

just noticed (after few years LOL :boggled: ) my ASR Formula 1 1991`pack is incomplete.....
I do not have the Ligier and the Lotus ... and i am wondering why right now :D
Maybe the pack was incomplete years ago while i was creating the 91´championship.

So i wanted to download the 2 missing teams, but there is only a download/installation through Content Manager.
I am not using it, so i do not find a way to get these cars :confused:
Since the content is free ... i just wanted to ask if its possible someone top upload the 2 cars for me ?? :bowdown:
If it´s not possible i understand that :guilty:
it's still incomplete. No AGS. out of all the F1s that's missing it's AGS.

Just a little warning for a couple of fixes.
AI REVS must be down under 7800 rpm.
Lods are 350. It is enough to add a '1' as prefix, to see the same opponent cars on track, over 350mt.

Thanks for sharing your settings. Will try for sure.

Cheers

Toying around with SutaSimGarage Testarossa and made some tiny changes.
Sometimes this small things could make a lot of difference for someone like me who really enjoy watching cars running around tracks with Ctrl + C
1. Adjust engine.ini RPM_THRESHOLD=8000 so the engine damage doesn't always show up.
2. Adjust car.ini GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=1.2 to make the car a bit less tilting to the back.
3. Original engine sounds is rather off in my opinion, so I replace it with "ACL GTR Ferrari 365GTB S3" to make it more alive. I can't attached the SFX.zip as it is to large. It's very easy to do in CM.

The link to the car in Suta's fb seems removed. So I hope he/she's /they're here and willing to share it again.
View attachment 1114213
Changing engine rpm to avoid damage warning. Surely you should change the damage warning parameters?

I'd suggest that people submit their changes to the author (who should put his contact info in the mod!) rather than just fix things and reupload. Multiple variants (usually with no sensible versioning) from multiple authors makes it very hard to figure out what to actually use. Plus, what does "get it right" mean? There are legitimately different views of what's "right" and different people have differentl skills and consider different areas important. Not to mention: very few of us have the experience to judge what's "realistic" and, in the case of historic cars, none of us do.
I'm talking about factual, objective things, not subjective ones or artistic decisions. Opaque glass or windows with internal snowstorm reflections; AI cars that don't leave the starting grid; complete lack of shifting animations; a folder name that won't record mileage; headlights that don't work. The sort of thing that's objectively either right or wrong, or working or not.

Whether the shaders look good or bad might be in the eye of the beholder, but if the brakes don't work then they don't work for anyone.

What Turan said... just watch the complete Video I linked, it show how to enable the Smart Mirror extension.

The attached data.acd contains the fixed mirrors.ini (credits to @TuranRabat) and a modified digital_instruments.ini to center the gear indicator vertically. Don't forget to back up your original data.acd.

Link to the mod (ASSETTO CORSA RACER FB group): Ferrari F1 87

View attachment 1114227

I'm going to try!! :)

Thanks all!

Hi,

just noticed (after few years LOL :boggled: ) my ASR Formula 1 1991`pack is incomplete.....
I do not have the Ligier and the Lotus ... and i am wondering why right now :D
Maybe the pack was incomplete years ago while i was creating the 91´championship.

So i wanted to download the 2 missing teams, but there is only a download/installation through Content Manager.
I am not using it, so i do not find a way to get these cars :confused:
Since the content is free ... i just wanted to ask if its possible someone top upload the 2 cars for me ?? :bowdown:
If it´s not possible i understand that :guilty:
If you see the CM manager install link (right click, copy link url) you can find the link for the source after the "url=", no need CM to install.
Code:
acmanager://install?url=https://www.mediafire.com/file/554cc80q902d3c8/AC_102B.7z

R8R yes, Kremer K8 - no, LMP2000 - no but there is a 98.

it's still incomplete. No AGS. out of all the F1s that's missing it's AGS.
Only R8R I know.
1644866715916.png

Changing engine rpm to avoid damage warning. Surely you should change the damage warning parameters?
Sometimes only the REVS doesn't fix.
Sometimes I have to tweak the Turbo settings too (if the car features a turbo).
Or the REVS are ok and only need to fix the turbo.

Sometimes both, other times only one of them is enough to fix.

Charlotte Motor Speedway v1.1:

-Various additions and improvements

View attachment 1109486

Get it here:

Please feel free to share original link, re-hosting is deeply frowned upon!

Enjoy!
13X and Someguys

thanks a lot

What about Bazzas 1975 mod ? Maybe its can be something interesting for you?
Thanks Natan5. That's a fabulous mod and already a favorite of mine :)

After almost a year I've been chilling here & there.
grt_diablo_sct_1_bst_japan2_16_19_48.jpg
grt_diablo_sct_1_bst_japan2_16_19_22.jpg
Also been reflecting on my work and what's next, but now...

grt_diablo_sct_1_bst_japan2_16_27_07.jpg

I'm coming back with more, here's a preview of what's yet to come from me, than again action speaks louder than words so, I'm getting back to work on these skins. Also for those who don't know, I've updated my C5.R skin pack, 1997 FIA GT pack recently and Uploaded the JGTC AE86 to race department.

-Thanks for those of you who support me and these skins 😀
Updated C5.R skins

Updated 1997 FIA GT skins

BP Apex JGTC AE86

Thanks. Always good to see a car that's not been done before in AC.
Hopefully in the next CSP update Ilja has finally fixed the CM wipers bug for twin-screen VR so that the wiper no longer glitches in the right eye.
agreed!

and we should all thank youtube algorithm that provides me with all these suggestions ;D

Ok thanks for that guys, but when you say all of that, do you mean to increase the value of gas brake will make them more reserved, or decreasing? I copy and pasted what was said to me yesterday on this forum but I'm not by my computer, if I can get as much on the matter the better, and peoples different point of views as well!
Sorry and to clarify. Usually GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD is set to 0. Increase to 3 will make them more reserved. Try not to go higher than 3 as they will most likely be too slow in other corners. Decrease the brake hint will make them brake earlier. Normally sent to 1, try 0.93 and you can keep going down from there.
Test one change at a time so you know what makes the difference.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back