Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
So I got bored today and made this. It’s a Mach 5 themed skin for the McLaren Senna GTR LM update by Ings_Z33. You need his update specifically or it won’t work because the update among other things removes the baked-in decals and adds CM materials and painting functionality, which this skin relies on.

I generated my own map for this one and used Paint.net so very rudimentary stuff. I wanted to put a larger M on the hood but the entire map is fragmented and it just isn’t possible. I can’t even find the hood personally. So the small one will have to do. Although in the end I like the smaller one more because it’s a bit more subtle and realistic in my opinion to how someone might spec it in real life.

So I’m not sure if I’m in the position to be linking that in the readme so hopefully some of you out there have it and can enjoy this.

16933618-D84C-41BF-929B-31BF1B7FB369.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had issues with a car not displaying tire data in sidekick app properly. Normally all the numbers are color coded but I have the URD Darche cup car that all the numbers are in gray.
So looking into this more, it seems sidekick is not reading the data as it gives a no data error in the sidekick car data screen. I have verified that there is an .ini file in both brakes folder and compound folder for sidekick and there is data in those .ini files. anyone have any other suggestions?
I have been a bit obsessive about this problem myself for a while, wondering why the Sidekick app work properly with certain cars. It was driving me insane, but I think found a solution... sorta.

I started adding tires data within the compounds.ini file. Sidekick was supposed to create its own compounds data per car once a car is driven, but it stop working for some odd reason, (for me at least) so now I have to add the tire data in myself.

For example, if I want the color numbers to work with Guerilla's Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R, I'll have to go in compounds.ini files (within the Sidekick app folder) and copy the tires data from a similar car like Kuno's Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4. Please take notice of the car's folder name, tires name and tires short name (The "h")

[ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_slick_hard_h]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=27
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=27
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=100
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=75

Just replace the car and tire name. (Use the folder name for the car and the tire name and short name from the car's data folder Tyres.ini)

It should look something like this.

[gt4_camaro_gt4_gt4]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=27
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=27
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=100
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=75

Save it in the compounds.ini This should also work with Sidekick Extended and RaceEssentials

The same should apply for working brake temperature numbers as well, that is if the car's brake.ini come include the brakes temperature data.

Go to Sidekick>brakes>brakes.ini
Add car name and copy the data underneath.

[gt4_camaro]
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP_F=600
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP_F=300
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP_R=600
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP_R=300

I know the reply is late, but hopefully somebody find this info useful.

It will be good if anyone here with the skills could update this fine, pre-CM car mod, up to the current standard.
I have no idea who convert / scratch made this Mustang. Nothing in the UI.
View attachment 1114334
The Hollfelder Tiger Racing...
You don't want to know who made that. :) It's a nice trio of SCCA 2004 GT cars, together with an Audee and a Caddy.
I've picked a tweaked-physics version from GTP member Shokeus on his ACT80's forum and I think they're hot.
Same for the Porsches and the Alpines you'll find there.
They need few tweaks though, the AI is a good example.

There are few cars that should be used to complete (partially) a 2004 grid but they need bop tweaks, the RSS Darche NGT 96 and the Viper Competition Coupe (my version has no author, sadly).

Last edited:
The Hollfelder Tiger Racing...
You don't want to know who made that. :) It's a nice trio of SCCA 2004 GT cars, together with an Audee and a Caddy.
I've picked a tweaked-physics version from GTP member Shokeus on his ACT80's forum and I think they're hot.
Same for the Porsches and the Alpines you'll find there.
They need few tweaks though, the AI is a good example.

There are few cars that should be used to complete (partially) a 2004 grid but they need bop tweaks, the RSS Darche NGT 96 and the Viper Competition Coupe (my version has no author, sadly).
Thanks for the info!. Just found the ACT80's forum

Sorry and to clarify. Usually GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD is set to 0. Increase to 3 will make them more reserved. Try not to go higher than 3 as they will most likely be too slow in other corners. Decrease the brake hint will make them brake earlier. Normally sent to 1, try 0.93 and you can keep going down from there.
Test one change at a time so you know what makes the difference.
Thank you mate👍
Maybe we could create a neutral ai.ini to have base to work on, because there are so many variations. And for same category we have totally differents.

A neutral ai. Ini with a ratio 1:1to all function could give to anyone a good basis

Brabham BT46b Fan Car

ok so sorted the wheel sinking issue by rebuilding the model completely and not using the RSS 79 as a basis to work from as it cant be aligned using data properly.

rear fan is up and working so now the looong task of grouping things, texturing, shadows etc.

ezgif-2-34aa566bc3.gif

however i need some help and wanted to see if anyone had Niki Lauda's or John Watson's race suits from the era?

i have the helmets already (unless someone has better matching or higher quality ones)

edit: ive found a better one for Lauda

Last edited:
Brabham BT46b Fan Car

ok so sorted the wheel sinking issue by rebuilding the model completely and not using the RSS 79 as a basis to work from as it cant be aligned using data properly.

rear fans up and working so its really now the looong task of grouping things, texturing, shadows etc.

View attachment 1114362

however i need some help and wanted to see if anyone had Niki Lauda's or John Watson's race suits from the era?

i have the helmets already (unless someone has better matching or higher quality ones)

edit: ive found a better one for Lauda

Good job! what a nice car :-)

What Turan said... just watch the complete Video I linked, it show how to enable the Smart Mirror extension.

The attached data.acd contains the fixed mirrors.ini (credits to @TuranRabat) and a modified digital_instruments.ini to center the gear indicator vertically. Don't forget to back up your original data.acd.

Link to the mod (ASSETTO CORSA RACER FB group): Ferrari F1 87

View attachment 1114227
Thanks for your help, I got it working now!! 🤟

Thanks for your help, I got it working now!! 🤟
Any idea what was the fix? I can't seem to get BLM car app or the shaders extension mirrors app to work on any car (soft buttons to adjust the mirrors don't have any effect) even though smart mirrors and real mirrors are active. Tested with various CSP, currently using 0.1.77 P1. Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm going to ask a question that seems to have been asked here many times before, but after doing a search, I cannot find a definitive answer.

What is the best / most up to date version of Eastern Creek / Sydney Motorsports Park?

I'm going to ask a question that seems to have been asked here many times before, but after doing a search, I cannot find a definitive answer.

What is the best / most up to date version of Eastern Creek / Sydney Motorsports Park?
I have this version installed.
Reworked Eastern Creek Track (Authors R1CHO and Rainmaker)
Added GrassFX and Cams (all layouts).
Have Fun.
View attachment 992843 View attachment 992844 View attachment 992845

Little 1.41 update for the mustang
Download (via discord)
Download (direct link)

Changelog:
Wheels emplacement fix
⚠️ RELEASED ⚠️
Ford Mustang Mach 1 V2

I decided to update my very first mod which was really not of good quality

Changelog:

-New AO and map
-New shaders
-csp config
-improved physic
-sequential turn signals
-add shaking exhaust
-add lods

If you have any comments or advice or if you find any bugs do not hesitate to send me a message, constructive comments are welcome

CSP 1.69 or higher required

Enjoy 🔥

Download :
Via Discord
Direct link
Via my patreon page

1644931884729.png

Before/After front veiw
Before/After rear veiw

Last edited:
Any idea what was the fix? I can't seem to get BLM car app or the shaders extension mirrors app to work on any car (soft buttons to adjust the mirrors don't have any effect) even though smart mirrors and real mirrors are active. Tested with various CSP, currently using 0.1.77 P1. Appreciate any insight. Thanks!
Might be a silly question, but are they enabled in game by pressing F11 to turn of the virtual mirror?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back