Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
To be fair, my suggestion wasn't entirely flawed. With the number of mods I run (and possibly other things I've changed and/or run), my vanilla AC isn't actually capable of launching at all without CSP/CM. 🤭
It should be if you launch a Kunos car/track combo and disable all apps and run default weather.

It should be if you launch a Kunos car/track combo and disable all apps and run default weather.
To the best of my knowledge, once your mod library exceeds a certain limit, that's not the case. But anyway... I'm just trying to help Real Toonces. I'm not here to argue.

This is also confirmed by this post on RD by Stereo:

Last edited:
Can confirm that using vanilla AC, there is a limit of cars that you can have. Any higher than that and it gets stuck while loading (usually while populating favourites). I'm not sure about tracks, but it definitely happens with cars. They seem to be recognised as two different things rather than just as 'mods'. Before I upgraded to CM, I reached my limit on cars but could continue to add tracks.

Not sure how this is relevant to anything. I just wanted to confirm @xezez 's post.

Last edited:
DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP!

I seem to have committed some cardinal sin against AC. I moved or deleted (I can't remember) something absolutely essential to the running (or even launching) AC. No prob, I told myself; I'll just run a quick "integrity" sweep from the Steam web site and I'll be right as rain. No such luck. The routine noted some missing files and set about replacing them...before quitting with a curt "Disc Write Error." I ran Windows disk maintenance program and got a clean bill of health. My other games (ACC, PC2) run fine, but Steam again choked on the AC install. I assume this means deleting all the AC files and starting over. I've kept all my cars, tracks and setups in an external SSD. What other personal (i.e., specific to me) files--FFB preferences, personal bests, gfx settings, etc.--do I need to preserve...and where do I find them. TIA.
the Font folder not to be forgotten

Gentlemen I need your help.

Does anyone know how we can have a real time digital clock on a panel on a track? Obviously via csp but do I need to do something also in 3D space?

Thanks

Attachments

• Blender [C__Users_sangelis_Desktop_Killarney_KILLARNEYFINAL.blend] 23_2_2022 12_34_54.png
    Blender [C__Users_sangelis_Desktop_Killarney_KILLARNEYFINAL.blend] 23_2_2022 12_34_54.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 10
It looks like I'm going to be stuck in hospital for a couple of months as I fight everyone's least favourite disease, and I'm only going to have a (very old) laptop and an Xbox One controller with me.

With that said, does anyone have:
a) Suggested Xbox One Controller settings for AC
b) Suggested mods that work well on a controller

Probably a stretch as I know we're (mostly) all wheel users, but I remember @Atrupelador used a controller for a long time - there might be some others?

It could well be yet another group taking action then. I've not seen anything like that myself regarding @ClaudioWRC74 .
Being blacklisted by a group is annoying, but I'm talking about far more extreme measures being taken against Easy.

I don't really want to say any more. I'd much rather be talking about mods. I just wanted to assure people here, after seeing yet another mod being stolen, that things are happening.
Does he steal these mods and claim them as his own, or just host them on his site?
Genuine question.
I was never a fan of EASY and his awful lazy GTR2 tracks, but i fear this is going a bit far now.

It looks like I'm going to be stuck in hospital for a couple of months as I fight everyone's least favourite disease, and I'm only going to have a (very old) laptop and an Xbox One controller with me.

With that said, does anyone have:
a) Suggested Xbox One Controller settings for AC
b) Suggested mods that work well on a controller

Probably a stretch as I know we're (mostly) all wheel users, but I remember @Atrupelador used a controller for a long time - there might be some others?
Most of the time I'm testing and sorting new mods, for which I don't want to set up the stand with wheel, the gamepad is enough.
I noticed these settings from Jimmy Broadbent, they are quite suitable and fun to use.
Enjoy your health and get better! :)

Attachments

• Jimmy Broadbent.ini
    12.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Gentlemen I need your help.

Does anyone know how we can have a real time digital clock on a panel on a track? Obviously via csp but do I need to do something also in 3D space?

Thanks
Likely the same way Lumiranks are done. Gunnars excellent Sachsenring has a working digital clock i believe. The lumiranks use the csp code to locate them on the mesh and i couldnt see anything in the lumirank mesh that makes it work. Its just how csp locates the numbers to make it look like its showing up likr rl.

Does he steal these mods and claim them as his own, or just host them on his site?
Genuine question.
I was never a fan of EASY and his awful lazy GTR2 tracks, but i fear this is going a bit far now.
To give you an example :

He reuploaded nicecuppateas latest bugatti on his sharemods and on his site and NEVER mentions nicecuppatea.. neither in a link description or in a readme in the download file.

He didnt even touched the car .. he just reuploads in his name

Don't forget that a STEAM integrity check won't notify you of any missing CSP/CM files, so before you go doing a full reinstall, it would be worth trying a CSP reinstall first! You may have accidentally deleted the dwrite.dll file, or something else from the CM/CSP package that's enough to stop a normal launch.
Thank you, one and all. I did try a CM re-install...but that failed too. Finally, in desperation, I availed myself of the 'free' upgrade to Windows 11, which, for no discernable reason, did the trick. Now, however, I'm stuck with Windows 11. It's terrible! The power button has been replaced by a keystroke routine that rivals a Rachmaninoff piano concerto.

Edit: I manually restored both Windows 10 and CM to their original state(s) and there is peace in the valley.

Last edited:
Genuine question.
He hosts them on his own site, but removes credits from 99% of them, adds his own credits and then generates (some) money from the free mods by re-uploading them on Sharemods rather than using the original links.

Track question:
Has the old Spielberg Circiuit (pre-Red Bull) ever been made for AC?
The Osterreichring? Yeah, there's AMS1 version out, by @Zwiss, with and without the Hella-Licht chicane.

The Osterreichring? Yeah, there's AMS1 version out, by @Zwiss, with and without the Hella-Licht chicane.
****, I love this community! :)
Thanks man, appreciate you sharing this one.

Last edited:
EASY/ACTK MODS CARS CONTESTS AND PROBLEMS

just for information guys @ZombieBoy1978 @El Locho and others members

immediately stop quoting my name and slandering me here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing to do with the problems you some have with EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working for 1 month and I no longer have time to do sim racing and download mods! what are these stories of poor little boys! EASY is big enough to fix these issues and that doesn't concern me I don't make these mods !!!!! I've had enough of your quarrels between modders, this has nothing to do with me, so stop talking nonsense on the forums and dirtying my name, I'm not responsible for EASY's creations once and for all. for who, are you serious, i'm 51 i have other more interesting things to do in real life than reading all the crap for AC mods....... 2 weeks that I did not turn on my PC and I see here no! Are you serious ? gang of kids !!!!!!!!!! if some modders have problems with EASY/ACTK do it directly with the people concerned but do not get involved in your stories and controversies, all the people who share or talk about actk mods what are you going to do? insult them? blacklist them? no you are serious ... I'm not a modder just a user like many here so stop, I prefer to talk about mods and my passion for assetto corsa than to get into controversies

Last edited:
EASY/ACTK MODS CARS CONTESTS AND PROBLEMS

@ZombieBoy1978 @El Locho and others members

immediately stop quoting my name and slandering me here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing to do with the problems you some have with EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working for 1 month and I no longer have time to do sim racing and download mods! what are these stories of poor little boys! EASY is big enough to fix these issues and that doesn't concern me I don't make these mods !!!!! I've had enough of your quarrels between modders, this has nothing to do with me, so stop talking nonsense on the forums and dirtying my name, I'm not responsible for EASY's creations once and for all. for who, are you serious, i'm 51 i have other more interesting things to do in real life than reading all the crap for AC mods....... 2 weeks that I did not turn on my PC and I see here no! Are you serious ? gang of kids !!!!!!!!!! if some modders have problems with EASY/ACTK do it directly with the people concerned but do not get involved in your stories and controversies, all the people who share or talk about actk mods what are you going to do? insult them? blacklist them? no you are serious ... I'm not a modder just a user like many here so stop
I think you need to re-read what I wrote mate. I said I've seen nothing relating to you and that is all.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back