-remove all GEARS_...
-add this:
[GEARS]
USE_GEARSET=1
and in DATA folder, remove:
final.rto
ratio.rto
Now the gearbox is driven only by drivetrain.ini
I'm trying to get a longer, more useable 5th gear on the NSU Motorenwerke-TT and thought your advice might be the solution, but 5th always comes out weird. With the default gearing 4th and 5th are far too similar, but any 'normal' attempts to lengthen 5th gear cause very odd results. Any chance you could take a look at it please?

What a surprise!
He's still here tho, but not with that name and he'll probably do like the last time and message me on discord 😂

I'm seeing a few groups looking into taking action against him after he has uploaded some of their scratch made mods. I don't want to say who, as I don't want to tip him off if he reads this, but wheels are starting to turn.

What a surprise!
He's still here tho, but not with that name and he'll probably do like the last time and message me on discord 😂
Yes, well no doubt he will be judged in the hereafter. I have it on good authority that St Peter takes a dim view of mod stealers, and that they are promptly despatched to a special area of the infernal regions, where the denizens are condemned to make trivial changes to mods for all eternity, to upload them to Sharemods but NOBODY EVER DOWNLOADS ANY OF THEM.

Here's an updated v3.5 Aosta, full track download including other recent updates by @__EASY__ (grassFX and VAO). Back up your existing copy first if you're in any doubt.

View attachment 938201 View attachment 938202 View attachment 938203 View attachment 938204 View attachment 938205 View attachment 938207 View attachment 938208 View attachment 938209 View attachment 938210 View attachment 938211 View attachment 938212 View attachment 938213

For this update:
-Added two billboard skins inc new track logo on the s/f straight. Both skins have vegetation texture tweaks (darker grass & trees with higher contrast)
-Added branded Aosta blimp
-Added ballooons (inc Aosta branded version)
-Added airliners at altitude
-Added helicopters (needs stFlow for rotor blade motion)

https://mega.nz/file/2SZnGYpD#wlNdnkPW9r7goOl3Oii434rWiUe2tpStTa-W0FqF8Yc

@Masscot is this the latest version or is there another since this is no more available

After manipulating the Dashboard lights, lods and the drivetrain of this * put here the name *, I went for a 30k drive at this cool fantasy track, which is * put here the name *. :)

1645570155174.png

I'm trying to get a longer, more useable 5th gear on the NSU Motorenwerke-TT and thought your advice might be the solution, but 5th always comes out weird. With the default gearing 4th and 5th are far too similar, but any 'normal' attempts to lengthen 5th gear cause very odd results. Any chance you could take a look at it please?
Dear Masscot,
the best way I think to enlarge the settings for the fifth gear is this one:
open DATA/5th.rto and add this line:
32/24|0.75
set the fifth gear at 32/24 when you are in the pits and set finale at 8/39. seems to work fine for me.
You can add more line in 5th.rto file, like:
33/23|0.69 and so on, the third number is the result of the second divided by the first and defines the ratio of the engaged gear.
Each line you add, the third number must decrease to not overshoot the red line when you change (up) the gear.
Have fun, Mike

Dear Masscot,
the best way I think to enlarge the settings for the fifth gear is this one:
open DATA/5th.rto and add this line:
32/24|0.75
set the fifth gear at 32/24 when you are in the pits and set finale at 8/39. seems to work fine for me.
You can add more line in 5th.rto file, like:
33/23|0.69 and so on, the third number is the result of the second divided by the first and defines the ratio of the engaged gear.
Each line you add, the third number must decrease to not overshoot the red line when you change (up) the gear.
Have fun, Mike
Thanks Mike - how best to set all that as the default so no pre-race adjustment in the pits is required? If you could upload your data folder, that would be most appreciated. It's a lovely little car, just a bit shackled at the moment.

@Masscot is this the latest version or is there another since this is no more available
Pretty sure that's the latest. I've done nothing further on it, anyway.

Here as well, I wish @Peter Boese could include the 2D clouds from SOL into Pure. The 3D ones just look rubbish IMO.
It will not be the 2d clouds mode from Sol. I decided to integrate full 360° skydomes. They have some downsides, but the real advantage is low gpu and cpu usage (nearly none) and a very good looking. The whole system already works.
It has already a "fake cloud shadow" mode, where a 3d cloud layer only generates 3d cloud shadows. So you have the feeling, there are clouds in the sky. Currently i'm in the texture procurement phase. I'm clarifying the licences.

Pure will then be released with a default "set", which contains a script and textures. In this script, the textures usage per weather and sunangle is defined. The whole system is written to have a multi set system. So people can build their own 360° skydome set with Pure. If multiple sets are available, you can set them in Pure Config. That must still be done. But i think with the next public development release, this system is already integrated.

Here are some pictures:
1645572959324.png

Screenshot_trw_mazda_fd3s_kouki_ks_nordschleife_19-1-122-15-39-33.jpg

Screenshot_trw_mazda_fd3s_kouki_ks_silverstone_23-1-122-0-34-11.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mike - how best to set all that as the default so no pre-race adjustment in the pits is required? If you could upload your data folder, that would be most appreciated. It's a lovely little car, just a bit shackled at the moment.
You can get rid of all the gear settings in setup.ini and maybe leave the final as adjustable. That way whatever ratios you now use in driveline.ini will be the preset ratios.

IMO the best way is discribed in the post from Paulo:
in data/setup.ini, delete all the paragraph concerning gears; [GEARS_xxx],
add these two lines:
[GEARS]
USE_GEARSET=1
in data folder delete:
1st.rto
2nd.rto
3rd.rto
4th.rto
5th.rto
final.rto
ratio.rto
and finally, set the gears ratio in the drivetrain.ini folder:
[GEARS]
COUNT=5
GEAR_R=-4.275 reverse
GEAR_1=3.385
GEAR_2=1.895
GEAR_3=1.240
GEAR_4=1.000
GEAR_5=0.931
FINAL=4.846
here, the number is equal to the gear ratio, you have just to adjust them to your liking.
And there are no more speed settings.
But as far as i remember, in the 70's (omg we were young), in the NSU TT Cup for exemple, this car had only 4 gears.

PS: Obviously, make a backup of your data folder first

Last edited:
anyone ever experienced an issue where "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." comes up even though everything seems ok in 3dsimmed?

See what I mean?

Every time a new version is out, who have others F40 with same name like me, have to pass through the process of changing names, in order to keep in this case, 4 cars.

Thanks again.
It will be change the name without CAPITAL letters. But i dont want to chage mod name.
It will be confused for others
You can do that i think. Thank you.
umb
great job! Do you have any plans to realase F40 GTE with 650hp engine? thx
F40 gte('94~'95)has sequencial shifter, differnt display panel. Rest of them almost same with competizione.
Regarding horse power, you can adjust restrictor size in CM by 12~13%(you put in the value). Please try that.

GTE EVO('95~96) has lots of different shape.
Such like rear wing and diffuser, lip spoiler.
If i can, i will do. But i dont have any plan yet.

Thank you.

@benbaron @DaWallace Yes please, an update to sf-r would be lovely, it is such a fun and versatile car.
Or let the goold folks here at GTP have a look into it, you'll still get credits for one of the coolest cup cars.

Why hasn't anyone contacted the modders Lucas Macedo or Velo for a solution as it is their mod?

Caution is a good thing, but this time, unfounded.
Ok thanks, don't know why this time was signaling that to me. Will go again.

Thanks, will go for another try and go around the crazy antivirus.

Hi, would love to try it but it seems there is a virus attached, and since it's the first time it happens to me I am taking it seriously. Can you check the file please. Thank you, and again, would love to try it.
Hi again, all good now. Don't know why the antivirus went crazy. It was first time it was going on with that on a file from here. Thank you and love it!

DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP!

I seem to have committed some cardinal sin against AC. I moved or deleted (I can't remember) something absolutely essential to the running (or even launching) AC. No prob, I told myself; I'll just run a quick "integrity" sweep from the Steam web site and I'll be right as rain. No such luck. The routine noted some missing files and set about replacing them...before quitting with a curt "Disc Write Error." I ran Windows disk maintenance program and got a clean bill of health. My other games (ACC, PC2) run fine, but Steam again choked on the AC install. I assume this means deleting all the AC files and starting over. I've kept all my cars, tracks and setups in an external SSD. What other personal (i.e., specific to me) files--FFB preferences, personal bests, gfx settings, etc.--do I need to preserve...and where do I find them. TIA.

I seem to have committed some cardinal sin against AC. I moved or deleted (I can't remember) something absolutely essential to the running (or even launching) AC. No prob, I told myself; I'll just run a quick "integrity" sweep from the Steam web site and I'll be right as rain. No such luck. The routine noted some missing files and set about replacing them...before quitting with a curt "Disc Write Error." I ran Windows disk maintenance program and got a clean bill of health. My other games (ACC, PC2) run fine, but Steam again choked on the AC install. I assume this means deleting all the AC files and starting over. I've kept all my cars, tracks and setups in an external SSD. What other personal (i.e., specific to me) files--FFB preferences, personal bests, gfx settings, etc.--do I need to preserve...and where do I find them. TIA.
Assuming you installed everything in the default locations, just save these three things:

C:\Users\'your name'\Documents\Assetto Corsa
C:\Users\'your name'\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager (if you use Content Manager)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa (if you want to preserve all your tracks and cars with any skins, etc. you have added over time)

Those three should do the trick...

Last edited:

Don't forget that a STEAM integrity check won't notify you of any missing CSP/CM files, so before you go doing a full reinstall, it would be worth trying a CSP reinstall first! You may have accidentally deleted the dwrite.dll file, or something else from the CM/CSP package that's enough to stop a normal launch.

Don't forget that a STEAM integrity check won't notify you of any missing CSP/CM files, so before you go doing a full reinstall, it would be worth trying a CSP reinstall first! You may have accidentally deleted the dwrite.dll file, or something else from the CM/CSP package that's enough to stop a normal launch.
if dwrite.dll is missing/deleted, AC will simply run in standard mode (not fault crash)

I accidentally moved '\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture' once (due to a faulty mouse button) and took an hour of sleuthing to discover/realize.

You could try TestDisk & PhotoRec to find out which files got deleted.

Just read one of those posts on FB, apparently @ClaudioWRC74 is also on their blacklist...

"ClaudioWRC - who is in full support of the fraudulent mods by ACTK/EASY even after evidence supplied."
It could well be yet another group taking action then. I've not seen anything like that myself regarding @ClaudioWRC74 .
Being blacklisted by a group is annoying, but I'm talking about far more extreme measures being taken against Easy.

I don't really want to say any more. I'd much rather be talking about mods. I just wanted to assure people here, after seeing yet another mod being stolen, that things are happening.

Last edited:
Why hasn't anyone contacted the modders Lucas Macedo or Velo for a solution as it is their mod?
Well, apart from the fact that at least three modders lay claim to this car, this isn't a basic error like reflective cockpit glass or brake lights not working, it's a change I want to make for personal use to have more enjoyable spec races. Even assuming I can work out who the 'real' modder is, why would they be interested? They all seem to think the car is fine how it is.

And as @Paulo Ribeiro said, it's a relatively simple fix and exactly the type of thing people do to personalise cars... not something that should be forced on everyone via an update.

Last edited:
Do we have any updates for känniralli? Older rally track but fun to drive, looking for camtool replay for it too if exists, tried to google it but no luck.
Latest version is still 0.98 from 2016: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/btbfin-kanniranni-gravel-rally-stage.9774/

And the author did say this:

1645602045594.png

But you can improve the track visually with some GrassFX. Object names for grass-areas are: ?penkka? and ?ground?

I added those codes to my "standard-extension-file". You can give that a try.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 9
Okay... I've got an issue regarding Content Manager. Whenever I boot up CM, this warning would show up, and all the categories & countries in the Cars Tab, as well as the tracks' countries (flags included) and categories, would go missing. Is there any solution to fix this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1758).png
    Screenshot (1758).png
    5.9 KB · Views: 10
this would likely result in 1000s (if not 100,000s) of possible files that have been deleted when run against a large disc (like a BIG HARD DRIVE).

do I need to spend all day debunking flawed suggestions?
To be fair, my suggestion wasn't entirely flawed. With the number of mods I run (and possibly other things I've changed and/or run), my vanilla AC isn't actually capable of launching at all without CSP/CM. 🤭

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back