Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,819 comments
FIAT 126 race.

Two variants comprising of different engines and wheels and one has the rear engine cover lifted for cooling.
Both good for short tracks as run out of breath on straights but in corners they excel.
I had them both over gripped for a while and it caused the wheels to lift too much so I changed to semi slicks, which was a shame.
I will most likely fiddle a bit with that over tonight and tomorrow, as it felt a bit better with the slicks on.
It's based on a rally mod ported over from richard burns rally, and IMO it was wasted in that form, but regardless it won't overwrite that one anyway.
I love these little FIATs in race guise.
Again skins aren't great.
It has been lowered, semi slicks, rear brake lights in the rear window, new race seat fitted, bumpers removed.
The mod inside has some see through panels but you cant see it whist racing, it was how the mod was. I might try to fill with something.
Has side window removed as it gets hot with the engine right behind you, but has safety net fitted.
The one with the engine cover lifted I had to add in an engine as there wasn't one in there!
So it may need the shaders fiddling with possibly at some point.

Small but fat wheels.

Anyway its out there, load up the grid and pick a short track and have fun.
Its very stiff, like a skateboard, carries corner speed well and its all about momentum.

View attachment 1175906View attachment 1175909View attachment 1175910

Links (zip files same names but different versions in each.)

Well i did this a while back, maybe a good place to start?

__custom_showroom_1658578089.jpg

Last edited:
There's a rather wonderful Yugo 55 Sport on Lemax's website.

Oh my, this brings back memories. The car I learned to drive in when I was 14 (the 45, not the 55. 45 was more common, but basically the same chassis just 45 HP vs 55 HP). People not from the Balkans don't know how popular was this car in our country. Once I remember driving to school on a bus in the morning and out of boredom counted all the yugos I saw on the road vs all the other cars. Yugos won 135 to 120. 😊

Hey friends,

I moved to a new house a few weeks ago and broke my old display so a new HDR monitor took place. In the last three weeks I spent my time in creating a HDR-variant of my PureLIFE EVO GTS filter.

Screenshot_ks_bmw_m4_gt3_monza_11-1-123-16-22-16.jpg

So if you own a HDR display and running AC in HDR mode, maybe you'd like to test it before release.

RECOMMENDED: Run Windows HDR Calibration Tool first. You'll get it here in the MS store.

Just drop the content of the assettocorsa-folder in the .zip into your assettocorsa folder. Activate _PureLIFE_EVO_GTS_HDR-filter.

Have fun and please report via PM. Thanks.

PS: no, it doesn't work with SDR displays, sorry ;)

Attachments

• PureLIFE_EVO_GTS_HDR.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 12
An updated version of my Monza mod if you want to try it. It is not for people who use the recently released 3D tree addon. As always, backup your existing monza track folder before trying this to easily revert back to it if you don't like the mod.

Monza mod

If you are not familiar with past versions, here's a list of what it does and new things added.

-- Has a new vao patch to eliminate the overly dark\black shadows on the trees that the CSP vao patch produces.
-- Hides the Kunos 3D trees.
-- Alters some shader settings to make the track fit my eye better.
-- With the new lua texture changing capability, the trees (and a few other textures) will change look automatically depending on the date you choose to drive. You no longer need to have a special track skin enabled to get the winter trees. The early spring and late fall trees could use some work, but they will do for now.

Should work with @Pyyer Monza mods, but if you want some of the changes (like the 3d tree removal) to also carry over to the @Pyyer mods, you need to extract the files in the 'Optional Tweaks for Pyyer F1 mod' folder. I'd suggest testing things on the base track first just to make sure you like the changes.
Updated link with a new version. Just some very small tweaks here and there. If you are happy with the past version, you probably don't need to update. I'm guessing most people won't pick up on the changes.

Last edited:
They work pretty well together. The Yugo is great, needs more skins and i'm removing those god awful number plates in blender, but yeah stand out for me, feels great.
Also the 126 i did not used it in ages and feels great on my set up still, will be using it more...

View attachment 1229972View attachment 1229973
Do you think we can BOP something out of those 3 cars ?
I was starting soon on skinning the Trabant and the Yugo anyway, so I'll include your Fiat in the lot and on we go!

Do you think we can BOP something out of those 3 cars ?
Was my first thought to create a "fake vintage east european series"
Will try bop them with ballast and restrictor next days.

Maybe its worth to add some of this cars?:

Hi the community, I am lookling for some 1970 Le Mans cars preset...I have found some Youtube videos but the links are no more available. Thanks for your support.

Updated link with a new version. Just some very small tweaks here and there. If you are happy with the past version, you probably don't need to update. I'm guessing most people won't pick up on the changes.
previous ext_config.ini was something like this:

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1
SUPPORTS_WIND=1

[INCLUDE: monza.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

Now it seems a modified version of monza.ini, Is it correct?

Hello all. Does anyone know if there's any Sierra Sapphire Cosworth street car mods about ? To add to the ford collection. 😁
Yes it exists... The one I have is lhd and I don't remember where I downloaded it, sorry... but one of my favorite ways to find certain mods is to use YouTube, type the appropriate words and scroll through the videos until find one with links to the mod... Good luck!

Sierra Cosworth.JPG

Last edited:

Agreed !! The Monster Tatra is a bit older, but right in the theme (and pretty close for P/W ratio, actually). And very well made!

What about this ?

preview.jpg

Lada Samara from 1985, race prep (close to), very good quality, in the theme. Just a bit overpowered next to the others

So i tested a bit. Performance and optics wise the Lada 2105 fits good into the grid (as i grid filler, because the model is really poor)

The Polonez is just too big and some years newer than the rest, while the Tatra is definetly the coolest car here, but don`t fit age or performance wise.

The Rest of my list is more or less "garbage"
Agreed !! The Monster Tatra is a bit older, but right in the theme (and pretty close for P/W ratio, actually). And very well made!

What about this ?

View attachment 1230008

Lada Samara from 1985, race prep (close to), very good quality, in the theme. Just a bit overpowered next to the others
Could you share it for test purposes ? It`s a pity it s a "japan style" not a original

So i tested a bit. Performance and optics wise the Lada 2105 fits good into the grid (as i grid filler, because the model is really poor)

The Polonez is just too big and some years newer than the rest, while the Tatra is definetly the coolest car here, but don`t fit age or performance wise.

The Rest of my list is more or less "garbage"

Could you share it for test purposes ? It`s a pity it s a "japan style" not a original
Here you go :

I was also thinking of the recent Skodas from fuzo :

The 120 L CR/1 Circuit (20hp/kg, a bit overpowered but could be corrected)
preview.jpg

The 135 Rapid CR/R4 Circuit (same think)
preview.jpg

previous ext_config.ini was something like this:

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1
SUPPORTS_WIND=1

[INCLUDE: monza.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

Now it seems a modified version of monza.ini, Is it correct?
Yes sir. I took some advice from @CrisT86 and put all the config stuff into one file. He told me that having multiple configs referenced from the main ext_config file is not a smart way to do things.

I'm just curious, why not?
Simply because (this at least on my side and talking about older CSP patches) if you divide the stuff in multiple config, you can't edit them in real time while on track (you need to exit the track and reload all the time in order to see the changes).

I also recommended these soviet cars;

Rather good Moskvitch, another decent Lada as part of a BOP "Classic Soviet Cup" and The big GAZ 24-10 V8 is a great car to race with these too!. Some of these used to be on Racedept, I recommend these as I have had a great time racing them both and ZiZH games still have them all to download from their website listed below.

1676151330568.png

1676151355004.png

1676151412854.png

1676151785496.png

Last edited:
I also recommended these soviet cars;

Rather good Moskvitch, another decent Lada as part of a BOP "Classic Soviet Cup" and The big GAZ 24-10 V8 is a great car to race with these too!. Some of these used to be on Racedept, I recommend these as I have had a great time racing them both and ZiZH games still have them all to download from their website listed below.

View attachment 1230023
View attachment 1230024
View attachment 1230025
View attachment 1230027
good hint too, but the download on their site leads back to RD where the cars are no more availale

I'm just curious, why not?

Simply because (this at least on my side and talking about older CSP patches) if you divide the stuff in multiple config, you can't edit them in real time while on track (you need to exit the track and reload all the time in order to see the changes).
Just to add on to what @CrisT86 said. When I had them split, I would get CSP crashes when I made a change in real time and saved the config file. I always thought it was just a CSP issue. Once @CrisT86 told me it's better to keep them together, I no longer get csp crashes when editing the file in real time.

Not sure when this started to happen but I notice my 720S GT3 start to have this door net or something sticking out...
View attachment 1230070
access your ext_config.ini and replace the Wobbly Bit section with this

[WOBBLY_BIT_0]
NAME = Object-002
CONNECTED_TO = 0.0, 28.30, -0.13
MAX_RANGE = 0.01
DAMPENING_LAG = 0.93
G_GAIN = 1
GRAVITY_GAIN = 0.5
OFFSET_GAIN = 2000
STIFF_AXIS = 1, 1, 1
STIFF_AXIS_STIFFNESS = 0.2
G_FILTER = 0.3
DEFAULT_GRAVITY_INCLUDED_ALREADY = 1

Last edited:
Just to add on to what @CrisT86 said. When I had them split, I would get CSP crashes when I made a change in real time and saved the config file. I always thought it was just a CSP issue. Once @CrisT86 told me it's better to keep them together, I no longer get csp crashes when editing the file in real time.
Sorry to intrude, but is this about alt+tab, when exiting the game screen?
Because I use it a lot, to change lines in ext_config, and also, freezing.
How to resolve this?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back