Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
Guys, i'm trying to import some GT6/GTPSP models (Which i got them from Gamemodels RU) to AC, how do i do it with 3dSimED?

Here are the vehicles i'm converting:
-Daihatsu Copen
-ASL Garaiya
-Colt Galant GTO
-etc.

You can see how many steps to make. Possible in 3DSimED, but helping step by step requires as much time as if the helping modder were to make it himself. You need to use video tutorials, mate.
So... the video has the same method as 3DSimED did?

Last edited:
Thanks.

UPDATE: This is not 3DSimED. i'm using 3DSimED.
You've made lots of requests for the last few weeks but notice no-one picks them up and says "here you go" - that's because you need some basic knowledge of 3D editing, of textures and 2D editing and of materials/shaders to do it. And if you don't know those things it will take time to learn and figure things out.

@carTOON (a guy with plenty of experience, see https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/cartoon.8719/) mentions you can do it in 3DSimEd which surprises me, I didn't think you could use that for all the dummies needed for AC, but that's something for me to look into.

Either way, there is a reason that Googling "3dsimed convert assetto Corsa" doesn't yield many results; it's not something with a simple answer. If you have specific questions I'm sure someone will help, but "how to do it?" is a question which requires a LONG time to document.

Last edited:
You've made lots of requests for the last few weeks but notice no-one picks them up and says "here you go" - that's because you need some basic knowledge of 3D editing, of textures and 2D editing and of materials/shaders to do it. And if you don't know those things it will take time to learn and figure things out.

@carTOON (a guy with plenty of experience, see https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/cartoon.8719/) mentions you can do it in 3DSimEd which surprises me, I didn't think you could use that for all the dummies needed for AC, but that's something for me to look into.

Either way, there is a reason that Googling "3dsimed convert assetto Corsa" doesn't yield many results; it's not something with a simple answer. If you have specific questions I'm sure someone will help, but "how to do it?" is a question which requires a LONG time to document.
I put together my Fiat Bertone X1/9 project in 3DSimED, I downloaded the 3d model from the mentioned Russian site... so it's not impossible, you have to think hard about the steps to replace 3dsMax or Blender. I have 3dsMax, but luckily I didn't have to use it for the Fiat. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13898981

P.S
Oh, sorry, I forgot - I had to use 3dsMax for the animation, but when a first car mod I think this can be avoided...

Last edited:
Guys, i'm trying to import some GT6/GTPSP models (Which i got them from Gamemodels RU) to AC, how do i do it with 3dSimED?

Here are the vehicles i'm converting:
-Daihatsu Copen
-ASL Garaiya
-Colt Galant GTO
-etc.
Basically, its really hard to tell someone how to do it, but really easy once you know.
Which is the worst, as its really hard to remember how impossible it all seemed so explaining it with knowledge means you just expect too much from the pupil.
It was a dark art to me few months ago, you just heed to plug away and find tutorials and a lot of trial and error.

Some areas of this in AC its like people deliberately want to make it seem harder or get snotty about it.
I advise looking for stuff on blender where its not people who are part of AC community.

So I had another crack at trying to do the helmet, and it wasnt pretty. I have a mini helmet of Gre Murphy's that is kind of similar, so took photos and spent ages trying to get it look kind of close.. it's very average, I know.
View attachment 1229893
I think you know its not. It looks great, i mean the original helmet design is outstanding and you have got it in game very well.
I want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put together my Fiat Bertone X1/9 project in 3DSimED, I downloaded the 3d model from the mentioned Russian site... so it's not impossible, you have to think hard about the steps to replace 3dsMax or Blender. I have 3dsMax, but luckily I didn't have to use it for the Fiat. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13898981

P.S
Oh, sorry, I forgot - I had to use 3dsMax for the animation, but when a first car mod I think this can be avoided...
BTW, i have downloaded the Fiat X1/9 month ago, thanks for the mod.

Last edited:
So I had another crack at trying to do the helmet, and it wasnt pretty. I have a mini helmet of Gre Murphy's that is kind of similar, so took photos and spent ages trying to get it look kind of close.. it's very average, I know.
View attachment 1229893
Just for curiosity's sake.. is the car for FROC/Toyota Series already available somewhere and these are skins, or are you doing the whole shebang? I think I have selective reading sometimes haha

Just for curiosity's sake.. is the car for FROC/Toyota Series already available somewhere and these are skins, or are you doing the whole shebang? I think I have selective reading sometimes haha
I'm doing the whole shebang. Creating the skins before release. 2020 is complete for liveries, with a custom championship based on the real world settings on the days at the tracks they run on. Just waiting on a couple of tracks that are being done, a new Manfeild with correct signage, and better look and feel) and a new more accurate Taupo with all 5 layouts, and has elevation, which the previous released versions don't have. While waiting on those, I'm doing the helmets and driver suits to give it that more polished look.

It's certainly getting there, but there are a few little things to fix/improve. This time of the year, the real world drivers that are helping test, are pretty busy since it's the height of the season.
There is the same model converted by FSR that is floating around, but the physics are stolen from RSS F3, and not even close to realistic, plus being encrypted, its impossible to work on, so after spending alot of time on that, I have been offered help from someone who knows what they are doing, and have made the thing feel pretty good, and converted it and left it unencrypted. I have also been in contact with the guy who did the 2020 skins for the rF2 addon to the FT-60 and he has given his permission to use his work, which includes the 3d model, as he created that also.
The Ft-60 that we're doing can also be used for the FROC Europe and Asia, plus the W series, main difference is tyres and engine, the other FROC series use the same Tatuus chassis, so physics should be the same. In fact the W series used the Ft-60 in a couple of rounds, to save on freight costs

I think you know its not. It looks great, i mean the original helmet design is outstanding and you have got it in game very well.
I want it.
Thanks, it's not quite right, my one I did is from 2013, it's a little different in colours and a few other things, but it was the best I could do with the resources I had available. It will work well for the 2013 V8s. I had done one with the pepsi logos from around 2010, but i think I overwrote the file.

Attachments

• DE_plates_MB_pack (7).png
    DE_plates_MB_pack (7).png
    242.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DE_plates_MB_pack (16).png
    DE_plates_MB_pack (16).png
    239.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DE_plates_MB_pack (13).png
    DE_plates_MB_pack (13).png
    249.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DE_plates_MB_pack (6).png
    DE_plates_MB_pack (6).png
    147.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DE_plates_MB_pack (1).png
    DE_plates_MB_pack (1).png
    163.6 KB · Views: 3
Your extensions are fantastic but a lot of them suffer from flickering billboards (maybe from z-fighting if the existing boards aren't hidden first?). Any plans to update the affected ones?
Bathurst looks great with no noticeable flickering, but blacks are maybe too black and look unnaturally dark, taking no sun effect at all (apart from absorbing all of it). Maybe a very dark grey should be used, certainly something less than 100% black? Or Kunos billboard properties copied? I was always told that we rarely perceive 100% black or 100% white in the real world due to ambient lighting.

View attachment 1229137
Hi Masscot
Thanks for your feedback on extensions 🙂

Regarding Z fighting issues, I am trying to correct them in all new extensions.
2023 versions should remove all of these issues and the corresponding 2022 extensions updates will be corrected progressively
For example, watch the new Magny Cours extension, I think it doesn't have any noticeable Z-fighting at all

Regarding black intensity on Bathurst, you are right it should be less intense and I will give it a look to reduce it in next update 😉

DiRT Showdown - Miami v1.0

bgr_01.jpg
bgr_03.jpg
bgr_01.jpg
bgr_03.jpg

features:
  • 930m short full-tarmac circuit
  • 2 layouts - normal and "jumps"
  • 4 pit/grid with AI for both layouts
  • CSP lights, VAO, cameras, all modes, etc
  • barrels of fun*

- standard layout is suitable for all street, race and other vehicles
- jump layout is suitable for 4wd, rally, monster/baja trucks and other soft suspension vehicles

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
An updated version of my Monza mod if you want to try it. It is not for people who use the recently released 3D tree addon. As always, backup your existing monza track folder before trying this to easily revert back to it if you don't like the mod.

Monza mod

If you are not familiar with past versions, here's a list of what it does and new things added.

-- Has a new vao patch to eliminate the overly dark\black shadows on the trees that the CSP vao patch produces.
-- Hides the Kunos 3D trees.
-- Alters some shader settings to make the track fit my eye better.
-- With the new lua texture changing capability, the trees (and a few other textures) will change look automatically depending on the date you choose to drive. You no longer need to have a special track skin enabled to get the winter trees. The early spring and late fall trees could use some work, but they will do for now.

Should work with @Pyyer Monza mods, but if you want some of the changes (like the 3d tree removal) to also carry over to the @Pyyer mods, you need to extract the files in the 'Optional Tweaks for Pyyer F1 mod' folder. I'd suggest testing things on the base track first just to make sure you like the changes.
super duper !!!!! thank you for the great work!

BATHURST 12 HOURS 2023

sfx268790.jpg

Everything you need to set up the race with links etc is over on my Patreon for FREE

Thanks to all the modders who have made this possible.

Enjoy

Edit: Will update as new skins become available.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back