Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,756 comments
Hello! Everything is fine? This is my first post. My name is Guilherme (Willian, Willhelm in others countrys), I'm 37 years old and I'm from Brazil. I live in the city of Viamão/RS, a city where there is the TARUMÃ track, one of the fastest in the country.
(🤣)

I would really like to know where to find a decent tutorial on chrome and/or "chameleon" skins. My research only led me to bad tutorials.

Thanks.

X90
yes, I believe the trees themselves are seldom visible in this new version, lol.

doesn't matter for me, as it's essentially a roundabout "performance patch".

not exactly fit for a 1.0 release, if you ask me.
Tried v1.0: was pretty bad.
Tried v1.1 and it still looks pretty bad on my system.
  • Performance isn't good,
  • complete grandstands are flickering/moving diagonal shadows from a distance, moirée effect when closing in until you are quite close, then it turns to normal,
  • US and Texan flags look bad,
  • teardrop flags are static,
  • all digits on the timing towers, S/F bridge flicker badly,
  • spectators popping
  • jumbotrons are too dark (for Sol use, maybe OK for Pure)

Just curious, do most people have this option enabled in the CSP settings? I just tried it and I really like what it does, although on my end it requires me to raise the ambient value on the trees a bit. But that's a small thing to deal with for the difference I see.

View attachment 1296646
I for one have it off (since it says it might cause flicker and since default is off) I guess most of us will not tick it...
This is not a decision I made based on trial and comparison though, if you say this option has merrit, I will try it some time :)

yes, there is something wrong with the odometer, I'll try to shorten the folder name.
Regarding the rear lights, I have seen several videos where the side rear lights are constantly on as side lights, and not as turn signals, and the inside rear lights are like brake lights. so I did that. If this is not the case, then in principle I can turn off the side rear lights...

upd. yes, a short folder name solves the problem, after we solve the situation with the rear lights I will post v0.92
I hope you find out what is wrong with the odometer, and that it sheds some light to explain the Odometer font error I've been getting alot with multiple mods, also with your Porsche 356 (which is golden!).
To recap , the issue is when I try to open it in Showroom (not CM Showroom) I get:
1697883594324.png
(and it's not because of missing odometer font)
1697884439097.png

(golden, get it ? ;))
Damn it...! With your impeccable and polite presentation in your first message, you have left us I.G.K.'s without the remotest possibility of making a little joke.... 😤

Welcome aboard! 😜

P.D. I think @jac0 is your man for the chameleon skin stuff.
I'm sorry, I do not know of a good tutorial or manual...
All I go by is the documentation here but mostly I just reuse a previous cfg of a chameleon skin I did and change it to suite the mod (playing around w fresnel values, the 2 colors, the amount of flakes and thickness of the clear coat etc.. until it looks good)
Know you can open a mod in Showroom (not CM showroom), and in real time change the parameters in the ext_config.ini.
When you save the file you see in real-time the change to the skin in-game (no need to start a new session each time).

That is why it's such a pain to have this Odometer bug and not able to do this - to get the golden skin right , I needed to make at least 10 times a new preview to see how it would look, since I couldn't open it in Showroom :)
(darn I could have changed my video settings from VR to flatscreen, and launch it in a practice session as well... come to think of it)
Still then I'd have to switch video settings each time between driving sessions and skinning sessions...

• complete grandstands are flickering/moving diagonal shadows from a distance, moirée effect when closing in until you are quite close, then it turns to normal,
  • spectators popping

I barely reach 40fps alone on track (ok, my CPU is OLDER AS NOAH) but with the "ACU-Marc_13000" i'm over 90fps on minimum in the same conditions and most of the time (on many other tracks i'm way over 100fps)

I barely reach 40fps alone on track (ok, my CPU is OLDER AS NOAH) but with the "ACU-Marc_13000" i'm over 90fps on minimum in the same conditions and most of the time (on many other tracks i'm way over 100fps)
I have the same problems with a few tracks, mainly rt_sebring and sx_lemans - on other tracks racing solo I'm averaging 144 fps but these two I barely hit 70 for some reason.

I have the same problems with a few tracks, mainly rt_sebring and sx_lemans - on other tracks racing solo I'm averaging 144 fps but these two I barely hit 70 for some reason.
For sx_lemans you can use the 'performance' layouts. A bit less whistles and bells, but with performance gain.

For sx_lemans you can use the 'performance' layouts. A bit less whistles and bells, but with performance gain.
with SX Le Mans i don't have any issue even with the most demanding version. That's why is crazy to barely reach 40fps with COTA which basically don't have even 1/3 of the Le Mans vegetation

Vara Götlandia - v1.02

View attachment 1296734

features:
  • 30 pit/grid with AI
  • CSP lights/rain/etc

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
My system keeps flagging this as containing Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml. Is anyone else having the same issue?

SMP Sochi CallItWhateverYouWant™ by CrisT86
SMP Sochi WIP

As said, i've updated all of the SMP tracks, and i was allowed by them to release my updates as standalone. I'm now re-check all their tracks in order to re-update them to the latest CSP features.

View attachment 1287548View attachment 1287549View attachment 1287550View attachment 1287551View attachment 1287552View attachment 1287553View attachment 1287554View attachment 1287555View attachment 1287556View attachment 1287557
Download available, enjoy

carTOON - Colline De La Mer CallItWhateverYouWant™ by CrisT86
DOWNLOAD LINK AVAILABLE

Enjoy

Last edited:
I think it is more or less one of these settings
View attachment 1296682

Delete the payloads.bin files from the ai folder and try again if it makes a difference.
Just to add/ concur, I get the same issue with many tracks and it only happens if I have the extension active when I first install and load the track, seemingly generating corrupt lines... Disabling it (and renabling if req'd once the track's been used once) always seems to fix things permanenty!

hello
I have something I would like to ask you.

F1 1992 - ROUND 10 - At Hockenheimring
The texture in the red circle is completely missing.
I've tried many things, but I can't figure out the cause.
I think it can't be helped if it can't be fixed.
I am using CSP 1.80 preview 428
asr_owc_1992_round_10_3.png
asr_owc_1992_round_10_.jpg
asr_owc_1992_round_10_2.jpg

A quick (non-VR, using ai only) comparison between the Fenryr and RT versions shows very little difference between the two. In non-VR I lock the framerate to v-refresh (60hz) and the Fenryr was 59.9 fps to RT's 60fps (with no visible stuttering in either). Visually there a few flickering artifacts in the Fenryr (scoreboard stand on main straight flickers until you're close, and the end of the overhead display there flickers too). Notable that the Fenryr is 850 MB (installed) to RT's 512.
So given the choice, since I don't do F1 (and don't need pyyer's F1 extension) I choose the RT version because it looks better overall (colours, textures), and the Hypercars don't blow it in turn 1 so much. And at that size, Fenryr's gone. (I9/64GB/2080ti)

Last edited:
hello

I am using CSP 1.80 preview 428View attachment 1296981View attachment 1296982View attachment 1296983
I don't have that. Full road texture there. Maybe change PP filter? Or a manual track re-install?

Also.
Re: Colline de la Mer -- just wanted to give a shout-out and thank-you to @carTOON and @CrisT86 for this great track and great atmosphere!

View attachment 1296979
100% seconded.

Last edited:
I hope you find out what is wrong with the odometer, and that it sheds some light to explain the Odometer font error I've been getting alot with multiple mods, also with your Porsche 356 (which is golden!).
It’s hard for me to say anything about this, since I’ve never had such problems, especially since I use a stable version of csp, since the last three “paid” versions give me wild artifacts on the driver’s gloves, and it’s impossible to use. and my problems, resetting the odometer data, were solved by simply shortening the name of the mod's root folder.

I don't have that. Full road texture there. Maybe change PP filter? Or a manual track re-install?

Also.

100% seconded.
Thank you for your reply
For truck and car mods, we do not use Content Manager drops.
It is easy to overwrite and cause errors.
Deleting all old files and installing new mods
It's possible that the original file was corrupted during download.

Apart from the graphical artefacts already listed, the optimisation is terrible. It runs at very low framerates.
Basically, unplayable in VR for me compared to a solid 90fps for the Reboot version.
I've just tried it (not in VR though) and I have no performance problems whatsoever. It runs very well, above the 110fps mark at all time.

Not sure if it is specific to VR but I would suggest people give it a try (since it's free anyway) rather than assuming de facto that it has a genuine optimisation problem.

Last edited:
  • spectators popping

OK found it. You probably posted it while I was making the update post and I could not see it. Well I don't have any graphically issues nor I have a bad framerate. I have over 140 FPS single and 70-80 FPS in a 25 GT3 grid (for comparison in Kunos Monza there is 250 FPS single). In my tests for F1 and GT I had no issues at all, maybe AI could be faster. I don't have VR.

cota.jpg

hello

I am using CSP 1.80 preview 428View attachment 1296981View attachment 1296982View attachment 1296983
Set CSP Settings→ General Patch Settings→ CPU optimizations→ Chunks optimizations to Basic (default).
2023-10-12 154211.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back