Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
I saw hours ago the live stream of the grand final of GT World Series 2023 Manufacturers Cup in Barcelona, race was pretty tense towards the end with Nissan snatching the victory after Subaru and Toyota in previous years, since we're getting almost all cars that participated in the World Series over the years between SPORT and 7 converted to AC, I would like to recreate such event for AC in the future as a championship for offline play (then perhaps online in the future) since the races are pretty tense and exciting to me despite not being a fan of the franchise anymore ever since I play AC.

But in order to have that, I also need all liveries for each car just made for those events by Polyphony recreated in AC by anyone who's capable since I personally don't have much experience with Photoshop/GIMP for skinning cars in AC via 2D templates (I'm more comfortable with consolized livery editors like Paintshop app ingame) and Paintshop doesn't work for me since I have Linux (which means I probably have to dual boot Windows even for the driver and software for Thrustmaster T818 I'll buy soon for Xmas too...). I want to see the Nissan GT-R done first (the 2018 Competizione one converted by Bonny, not the 2012 one from Dream Pack 1 of AC) since it was the winner of this year's Manufacturers Cup as mentioned before, but want to see the others done too eventually as I believe they all look fire in their own personal way.

1701556149289.png

1701556200413.png
1701556253335.png

Release

Legion released his new Lotus 23C Model (The Lotus 23C improved upon its 23B sibling with much wider Formula Two tires wrapped on wider 6-stud, six-spoke magnesium wheels front and rear. To cover the tires, the bodywork was given wing-extensions.)

A really nice car from Legion and perfect for the new Prinzen Park from Sergio...

But this car gives me 99% CPU occ. like no other car, any reasons why?

__custom_showroom_1701561967.jpg

Direct Download

Last edited:
Sounds great! Before you commit to the shifter you might want to consider a different steer.ksanim, as the current one looks like it's been scaled down quite a bit to fit the cockpit ergonomics and is a little child-like, which is quite odd in VR. Despite the reduced driver size the feet still clip through the pedals (although these could probably be moved deeper into the footwell if required), so there's probably a more appropriate full-sized driver for this car. Shifting animations often go squiffy with different steer.ksanims, so it's important to get that right first. Ideally the car would have a bespoke steer.ksanim that would fit the car exactly, but that would add one more thing to the workload.
I gave you my little finger, but you ripped me right in half... 😂

Does anybody know what this is? And how to hide it? This only happens during hotlap mode while in dash cam view. To me it looks like a floating exhaust pipe or something, I cannot select it in object inspector. It is not part of the driver's helmet.

It a Toyota Supra MKIV JGTC GT300 by (Original Kunos/edited by Gtsupreme). it was part of a JGTC mega pack. I'm currently working on a Production Touring Series (Inspired by Australia's Improved Production Series) Thanks in advance.

1701562851244.jpeg

Sadly found another bug: the medium tyres will not work in a race. the car will not move.
so i need to rework the medium tyres.
soft tyres and hard tyres are working as they should.
will fix this soon.
I just remembered, your Z4 M Coupe sometimes bugged as well. I forgot which tire though

Release

Legion released his new Lotus 23C Model (The Lotus 23C improved upon its 23B sibling with much wider Formula Two tires wrapped on wider 6-stud, six-spoke magnesium wheels front and rear. To cover the tires, the bodywork was given wing-extensions.)

A really nice car from Legion and perfect for the new Prinzen Park from Sergio...

View attachment 1308623

Direct Download
When I try to drive this car in Practice, I get this error message:

"FlameStart : Flash textures are missing! (texture prefix = 'f' )"

I don't know if that would cause 99% CPU usage though.

But in order to have that, I also need all liveries for each car just made for those events by Polyphony recreated in AC by anyone who's capable since I personally don't have much experience with Photoshop/GIMP for skinning cars in AC via 2D templates (I'm more comfortable with consolized livery editors like Paintshop app ingame) and Paintshop doesn't work for me since I have Linux (which means I probably have to dual boot Windows even for the driver and software for Thrustmaster T818 I'll buy soon for Xmas too...). I want to see the Nissan GT-R done first (the 2018 Competizione one converted by Bonny, not the 2012 one from Dream Pack 1 of AC) since it was the winner of this year's Manufacturers Cup as mentioned before, but want to see the others done too eventually as I believe they all look fire in their own personal way.

View attachment 1308595
View attachment 1308597View attachment 1308603
So... Why won't you learn ? You're always hiding behind excuses (oh my PC isn't done, oh I run Linux), after all these years of learning instead of asking for stuff you would've learned some things along the way.

Three years ago I didn't know anything about modding, let alone paint skins, and nowadays it's not a problem anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferrari F40 '92(v1.5) by F40 LM Lover

Change Logs
1) AO Map of Dashboard is fixed
2) Interior Roof mesh is smoothing.
3) Gap of room mirror is fixed.
4) Rim blurs are added.
5) Rim Meshes are fixed.
6) Lighting effect are changed.
7) PBR by davey.1989(Thank you! My friend!)
8) Many bugs are fixed
9) Rear Light Texture is changed

1. Features
-.Extra A : Left Door Open/Close
-. Extra B : Right Door Open/Close
-. Extra C : Rear Cowl Open/Close
-. Extra D : Frunk Open/Close
-. Extra E : Left Window Open/Close with Driver's Arm
-. Extra F : Fog Lights on with Driver's Arm

2. Fully working Instruments
3. Driver's Animation
-. GAS/Brake/Clutch Pedal
-. Low/High Beam On
-. Hazard
-. Turn Left/Right Blinkers
-. Wiper On/Off
-. H-Patern Gear Shifting
-. Hand Brake
-. Horn

It is required CSP 1.76 or above Version.
But It is tested on CSP 2.1 Preview24.

4. Download Link is in the description of this video

5. Thanks

Attachments

• 20231203-100905-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-100905-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231203-100748-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-100748-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231203-100534-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-100534-ddm_gt6_syracus-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231203-014012-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-014012-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231203-013849-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-013849-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231203-013753-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    20231203-013753-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 12

When I try to drive this car in Practice, I get this error message:
No such problems over here.
Very nice car.
CSP 0.1.80-preview346
Extended Physics OFF.
5600X, RX6950XT, 32GB.

Ooo.. long shot, but try a different skin? #47 (like, the first up) has no skin.dds

Last edited:
View attachment 1308706

View attachment 1308707

since upgrading csp/sol etc this track suddenly has trees like this, how do I go about fixing this?
Try:
Code:
;unfeck borked tree normals, should work if ksTree shader is used
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0; or try 0, -1, 0 (-1 = normals point down, can give better results sometimes)
; note, ksambient might need raising if -1 used, might need lowering if 1 is used
DESCRIPTION= lighten/darken trees after normal fix above
PROP_... = ksAmbient, XX ; 0.4 up or down
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2
:also useful:
;fade out x/y-tree planes when pointing directly towards viewer
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = ?tree?, ?TREE? ;assumes 'tree' naming convention, any non-compliant will need adding manually
MESHES = ?tree?, ?TREE? ;assumes 'tree' naming convention, any non-compliant will need adding manually
MATERIAL_FLAG_0 = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
SHADER = ksTree

Try:
Code:
;unfeck borked tree normals, should work if ksTree shader is used
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0; or try 0, -1, 0 (-1 = normals point down, can give better results sometimes)
; note, ksambient might need raising if -1 used, might need lowering if 1 is used
DESCRIPTION= lighten/darken trees after normal fix above
PROP_... = ksAmbient, XX ; 0.4 up or down
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.2
:also useful:
;fade out x/y-tree planes when pointing directly towards viewer
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = ?tree?, ?TREE? ;assumes 'tree' naming convention, any non-compliant will need adding manually
MESHES = ?tree?, ?TREE? ;assumes 'tree' naming convention, any non-compliant will need adding manually
MATERIAL_FLAG_0 = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
SHADER = ksTree
excellent, just the trick thanks

Gemello Add-on v1.01
Screenshot_pfa_porsche_934t_rsr_rr_gemello_11-10-123-15-9-0.jpg

Added 5 layouts that were included in the GTL version.
Created an alternate skin.
Created VAO-patch.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Added logo.png by Fanapryde.

-CSP recommended

Credits & Thanks;
Gemello v1.00 by @carTOON (barcika)

Add-on by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
pit_lane.ai by TITI
Billboard textures by @Masscot

Gemello Add-on Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed shader. (ext_config.ini)
-Added pit speed limits on additional layouts. (Thanks Fanapryde for the report.)
-The pit_lane.ai was changed to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)

Last edited:

Change Logs
4) Rim blurs are added.
5) Rim Meshes are fixed.
8) Many bugs are fixed

1. Features

3. Driver's Animation
-. Low/High Beam On
-. Hazard
-. Wiper On/Off
-. Hand Brake
-. Horn

5. Thanks

Very nice indeed, thanks - but (like the previous version) the cockpit glass doesn't let shadow-casting light in.
Add this to the end of the config:
Code:
;fix shadow-casting sun in cockpit
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_Glass ; internal glass material name
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Before:

1701603276547.jpeg

After:

1701603308159.jpeg

Cockpit audio is quite muffled too. The F40 famously had very little sound baffling, so it should perhaps sound more raw and visceral in the cabin... maybe not that much different from the external audio?
For example, none of the exhaust audio can currently be heard in the cockpit, and everything sounds 'dull', like I'm wearing earplugs.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, thanks - but (like the previous version) the cockpit glass doesn't let shadow-casting light in.
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Before:

View attachment 1308727

After:

View attachment 1308728
OK!! I will do that things!!
I believe it will be better~!

Hey guys I have a problem and need your help... it is more like a minor problem but I'd like it to be fixed...it is is Montreal by THR... at the end of the cooldown lap or whenever ai goes into pits, it is not driving in properly, it is teleporting, I need this to be fixed, same with Sepang circuit, I just found out, any way to fix it or has someone even heard about it before?

The major problem with Canada is that out of 20 cars (me included) two retired, 15 did the last turn correctly and finished the race, 3 other cars just randomly pulled into the pits with one corner to go... How do I prevent this to happen, it's not cool guys

Last edited:
Great, thanks - did you see my edit about the cockpit audio

Change Logs
4) Rim blurs are added.
5) Rim Meshes are fixed.
8) Many bugs are fixed

1. Features

3. Driver's Animation
-. Low/High Beam On
-. Hazard
-. Wiper On/Off
-. Hand Brake
-. Horn

5. Thanks

Download link is changed!!
Sound Is roll back and Interior Shadow Casting is fixed!

Thank you for your help and feedback! Mascott!

Speaking of Ferrari,I created a mix, of the Velo, Shokeu's and modbase versions, for the F430 GT2, with some lighting, lod replacement, among others...If anyone happens to have this car in a better version, please let me know. There are other things missing, but the most necessary thing would be to separate the meshes from the wipers, why I don't know...

There are also strange reflections on the windshield, I think they are due to the skins, if you know any solution, I would appreciate it
(the folder was created as GT3, but the model and some skins, along with the GT2 physics)

As it is an old mod, and free, I imagine we could improve it, not just to fill the grid...

P.S

Well, after much research and elaboration, I discovered that there are 3 models of this car, all with skins that don't fit together, and another, with similar physics.
However, I provide a download link here for anyone who wants to help or discuss these changes.

I tested it against cars RSS GT-N, Gallardo GT2, BMW M3 GT2 kunos, DW Ultima, Vertigo and Marcos, and apparently, it balanced well.

Link updated

ferrari_f430_gt3 - Google Drive

Ferrari F430 GT2/GTC
Velo/shokeus/modbase

The most necessary thing would be to separate the meshes from the wipers

There is another model, F430 GT3, more updated, with endurance headlight lenses, and PDK animation, but which also requires wipers. If you allow, I will post the link for you to analyze

Hugs from Brazil
Thanks for this upgrade.
I've have a question: I've got an error while loading the car:
"Brake_Disk_N.dds is missing when loading fearrarif430lodC.kn5"

Is it something missing or do I not have a parent Car?

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
CAST_SHADOWS = 0

Before:

View attachment 1308727

After:

View attachment 1308728

Cockpit audio is quite muffled too. The F40 famously had very little sound baffling, so it should perhaps sound more raw and visceral in the cabin... maybe not that much different from the external audio?
For example, none of the exhaust audio can currently be heard in the cockpit, and everything sounds 'dull', like I'm wearing earplugs.
Sorry for that.
I can't make sound mod.
I am also want who make proper sound of f40.

Hi, thank you to @Young78 for this F40 mod, great car, Im testing it, and found a problem with the front lights, Im using CSP 0.1.80Prev 1, maybe is a incompatibility? andI have another problem with different cars, like you see in picture, the cameras appoint to the rear, even if I change between cameras (F1 key) just I see in the rear direction, I have to reboot the PC to fix this, is there some way to solve it definitely or without reboot the pc? thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_f40_92_topgear_Real PP.v5.5_3-11-123-11-22-18.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_f40_92_topgear_Real PP.v5.5_3-11-123-11-22-18.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi all, I downloaded the Pagani Utopia R from Assetto World and in VR the view out of the window has taken me back to the LSD in the 60's. You can't see out and when you move your head you a mirrored streaming image affect.
Is there a quick fix for this sort of thing or throw it in the bin.
in CM showroom , select the glass and then turn on transparancy... (beware it alters the kn5 file , cm makes a backup first though - but you will not be able to enter online server w your fixed car if the server is running the original car... )

A totally different question from me: anyone knows a fix for these blank previews lately?
1701621217503.png

with CSP for final render on , the generated rendered preview pic is showing no car, while the car is centered visibly in the preview pane. Tried also on/off all the ceckboxes visible in my screenshot...

Last edited:
Good afternoon.

After many tests and improvements to the textures (when possible), by our mate "MrHunt" there are several models from Team Matra, most of them "imported" just the main body (models from the Absolute Le Mans Mod GTR2).

ABSOLUTE LE MANS MODDING TEAM
Antoniog7772
Jempy
Marco1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

The Matra 620 (1966) version would need to be improved (either by the authors themselves, who are always improving; or someone else).
Included in the pack (to make things easier), is the MS 630 model (which I downloaded), which was improved (I don't remember the name now, I exchanged some ideas with him, he improved, in addition to this Matra model, two versions of the Ferrari 206 Dino, which I'm still testing, and also making adjustments to create a version of the 365p2 (1966).

Includes the model of our mate "MrHunt" for those who don't have it yet (other skins and just search).
I mentioned to him that the car's sound was spectacular (but I didn't change the models) that I had already converted (maybe I will do it later). Some models have a better "symphony" in the noise of the V12, it remains to be adapted later.

I had to adapt the "shorttail" model from Brands Hatch, as it didn't exist anywhere else. There is still room to improve the models, as many of them I don't know how to adjust the "headlights", instrument panel, etc...

All models tested, working, and with a "BoP" compared to other cars of the time and with Le Mans race times (within acceptable) as it is complicated to adjust everything (as there are many variables.

Most of the tests were done with setup (basic), gear ratio (the longest), fuel (about 1/3 of the tank).

One lap when leaving the pits, and the next (taking time), most of the time with "slower cars" ahead.
Some cars (mainly the Le Mans skins), there are 2 versions (one for each driver), so if you have a favorite driver in a certain race, for example (Beltoise/Jarier), both versions are already ready (with the helmets of each one).

Below are some prints of some skins and most versions. That's it for now. Let's have fun. Soon I hope to pass on the other models (to compose the grids). Good fun everyone!!

EQUIPE MATRA ( 1966 - 1974 )

FIX

For those who downloaded the "Equipe Matra" pack, I don't know why, the "folder", "UI" of the ( MATRA MS680 '74 ) was missing.
Follow the file link to download.
The Matra M620 seems to be a little faulty i think. When i drive it, it's fine but when the Ai drive it, the wheels clip through the top of the car and the body scrapes the ground, and it drives off some of the corners

Is there any progress on the Alpine A210 and the Ferrari 365 P2(1966)?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back