Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
Release '68 Shelby (Ford) Mustang 500KR (from @PedroBLR)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selflight
AO in and out
All Skins new made, some has oem colors and shelby stripes and/or different interior wood colors and rim colors
New Tyres
New Lights
CSP+effects

I reworked the V3 from @PedroBLR , please expect some bugs.

Missing things and Bugs (please help if you can)

The car overwrites your Pedro Version bec same structure

Due to the non splitted meshes there are many things missing, like:

Wipers and Rain effects (only exterior Car paint)

Refraction
Better/other missing CSP effects

Unbenannt.png

Last edited:
X90
wanted to give feedback that this is a fantastic conversion. Everything about the track itself is excellent. Performance, textures, lighting, everything. It looks almost identical to Autosport itself, which speaks volumes to the work. It is an essential download.

I'll note that the AI is not quick enough to race here, though. They get through the lap just fine - which is quite the achievement considering the high-speed left handers on the back straight - but are simply off the pace elsewhere. I am lapping in the mid 1:59s in the RSS Lambo - and the AI at 100% and 95% aggression are almost 4 seconds a lap slower. There's another second or two out there as well, for non-**** drivers. It's sadly not worth booting an AI weekend up yet.

Let me list a few places they're sluggish:
  • through the esses with the death kerbs in S1 (understandable), as well as around the roundabout.
  • the 90 degree left hander onto the back straight - losing almost a second here, maybe more, as they're braking way too deep
  • the exit out of the high-speed left hander on the back straight onto the mini straight - way too cautious and heavy on brakes
  • pretty much the whole complex around the pit area - cautious and heavy on the brakes to a fault

I do stink, but I actually was quite quick on Autosport back in the day. I have cracked out the TT Cup and am going to see what I can do with an AI line of my own for this track. I'll report back with results.

I'll be using this for league races, no question, even if I can't get the AI right.

Cheers.
Yep , the AI is a wee slow. It is a very agressive track to obtain a fast lap, cutting kerbs etc and is super fun. AI have huge issues on kerbs at med/low speeds and also do not late brae well. All this adds up to slow AI (and at most tracks with that style). Will be happy to add any new AI improvements to the next version.

Happy you are enjoying the track
X90
Figure this is worth a separate post, as it entails a question.

So, I finally knuckled down and learned how to improve AI lines. I have a strangely functional AI Line for @RMi_wood 's Washington DC Street Circuit that I mentioned above. AI is 4-4.5 seconds quicker than stock in the RSS Lambo, and about ~3.5 seconds quicker in the TT Cup. Everything seems to be working well - I weaved in extra hints and incidents are now quite rare. A good thing, considering this circuit is a complete death trap.

I just have one problem - on first boot, the cars will not start when the lights go out. They'll just sit there at the start-finish line, slowly edging out of their starting box until they roll away slowly a half minute later. If I restart the event once, though - even if it's instant and I don't even see the lights go out - they roll away at lights out perfectly.

Is this a problem with my AI line, or perhaps an issue with the track? I don't see any major segmentation at the start-finish line in the purple fast_lane, as I was sure to overlap. The left and right boundaries are also as far left and right as they can be at the grid - so no cars are outside of the red boundaries at the start. Disabling the AI behavior in CSP does nothing, sadly.

I feel like it's my simple mistake - I'd appreciate someone in the know chiming in to point me in the right direction.

If I can get this start issue squared away, I'd be happy to give this line out for further testing. Cheers.
Try running a Time Attack once after creating a new AI, this generates a new overlays.ini, which may or may not be causing the issue

The latest version of the "Targa Florio" (.2.03 by abuz) available on Breathe's track list is absolutely stunning! As are Sergio Loro's Marlboro and Greenwood Raceway. So much great stuff.

Happy Holidays to everyone and a Happy New Year. Thank you to all of the modders, painters and track makers. I can't wait to see what 2024 will bring us.

Yep , the AI is a wee slow. It is a very agressive track to obtain a fast lap, cutting kerbs etc and is super fun. AI have huge issues on kerbs at med/low speeds and also do not late brae well. All this adds up to slow AI (and at most tracks with that style). Will be happy to add any new AI improvements to the next version.

Happy you are enjoying the track

Try running a Time Attack once after creating a new AI, this generates a new overlays.ini, which may or may not be causing the issue
today I learned that Time Attack is a thing that exists in AC.

I'll give this a try.

here is the preset I now use ...

remove .txt from the filename and then put in this location:
C:\Users\your*user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews

if it still looks washed out, I add this cfg ini in the car skin folder, to spruce it up (changeing at least the name of the body mesh, and the base specular color)
mods that have already csp paint will not need to be modified as such , only mods without csp paint can use this extra..
Please try my preset with the greenfield showroom (remove the .txt extension) and let me know the outcome. I can´t believe you need to put a file into each car, what kind of additional work is that, please? Normally everything should work out of the box without adding anything.

1703890622261.png

Attachments

• FRONT_RL_Kunos_custom_v1.1.cmpreset.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hello everyone:gtplanet:
I downloaded the “NeckFx LUA script” from RD

But unfortunately the script does not contain the "Track following" and "Steering following" options.
Can these options be included?
How can I do it?:confused:

Hello everyone:gtplanet:
I downloaded the “NeckFx LUA script” from RD

But unfortunately the script does not contain the "Track following" and "Steering following" options.
Can these options be included?
How can I do it?:confused:
That is to reproduce the camera from LiveForSpeed, why would you use a script to reproduce a specific look to then change it with other settings?
Surely you just want the NeckFX section in CM for what you are looking for?

That is to reproduce the camera from LiveForSpeed, why would you use a script to reproduce a specific look to then change it with other settings?
Surely you just want the NeckFX section in CM for what you are looking for?

In the NeckFX section in CM with selected script
These options above are not available.
The question is whether these options can be inserted with the selected script

A buddy of mine likes to make servers with AI traffic to help fill out grids when he doesn't have enough real life participants, and usually the AI cars make it around most circuits successfully, but he's having trouble with the Spa 66 that racingjoe013 updated recently. They get around the circuit, but much too slowly. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated!

A buddy of mine likes to make servers with AI traffic to help fill out grids when he doesn't have enough real life participants, and usually the AI cars make it around most circuits successfully, but he's having trouble with the Spa 66 that racingjoe013 updated recently. They get around the circuit, but much too slowly. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated!
Try the ai from parrilla. Much faster than the ai I made. I never had much luck with it though. The AI always piled up on the left hand turn at the top of the hill. Could be I use too high an aggression setting. You might have better luck with it.

Spa 1966 AI

Speaking of AI, I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to fix a problem with the LeMans67 ai. I have yet to figure out a fix. When two ai cars are near each other going down the front stretch and one of them slows down to pit, the ai car that is not pitting slams on the brakes in response to the other car slowing down. I've never seen this happen at any other track and would love to come up with a fix for it but so far no luck.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have this Mercedes Amg W07 (Mercury) mod, does anyone know how to make the steering wheel display work?
Thanks in advance

w07.png

Release '68 Shelby (Ford) Mustang 500KR (from @PedroBLR)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selflight
AO in and out
All Skins new made, some has oem colors and shelby stripes and/or different interior wood colors and rim colors
New Tyres
New Lights
CSP+effects

I reworked the V3 from @PedroBLR , please expect some bugs.

Missing things and Bugs (please help if you can)

The car overwrites your Pedro Version bec same structure

Due to the non splitted meshes there are many things missing, like:

Wipers and Rain effects (only exterior Car paint)

Refraction
Better/other missing CSP effects

View attachment 1315136
Hi beautiful,
Is it possible to make the windshield wipers work for the rain?
Thanks

Released : Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
Author:F302
3D Model: (The Crew2)
3D Model rear light (C6R FM4)
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 (Body Mapping)
3d work:F302

hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4
knowing bugs: Shift Animation
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.

View attachment 1314631
HI,
the mod is beautiful; However, on the internal dashboard and on the steering wheel, some writings disappear and reappear. Can it be solved? A thousand thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try my preset with the greenfield showroom (remove the .txt extension) and let me know the outcome. I can´t believe you need to put a file into each car, what kind of additional work is that, please? Normally everything should work out of the box without adding anything.
Thanks!!! my preset (left) compared to yours(right):
1703933360932.png

My preset is a somewhat overexposed I see now , esp on lighter paintjobs it becomes too bright ...
Yours is perfect indeed.

And you are right too about not needing to add extra parameters...
I meant with some cars , you might want to spruce things up by adding some CSP parameters.
But then you are no longer just making a preview of the mod as-is, you are improving/changing the mod. It will also look different in-game then... I did not imply you need to do this on ALL car mods just to get nice previews :)

Thanks again for the great tip and your preset ! I will be using it from now on, very happy with the result.
I also didn't know you could put the params beyond what the slider could provide just by typing a larger value. That opens up alot of extra possibility ofcourse.

Last edited:
Just been playing around with another Kiwi livery, this one from 2004. This car was a rebuild after a big shunt in the original car that was known as the "Big Cat" thanks to its leopard livery. The rebuilt car was painted in energy drink V green and was affectionately known as the "Kitten"
__custom_showroom_1703940100.jpg

Released : Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
Author:F302
3D Model: (The Crew2)
3D Model rear light (C6R FM4)
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 (Body Mapping)
3d work:F302

hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4
knowing bugs: Shift Animation
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.

View attachment 1314631
@JK1977 Here's a better shifting animation and driver position if you want it. Add the .ksanim files to the 'animations' folder and the .knh to the main car folder

1703941589759.png

Swap this in to data/driver3d.ini too to fix the timing:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=215
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=215
PRELOAD_RPM=6400
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

@JK1977 Here's a better shifting animation and driver position if you want it. Add the .ksanim files to the 'animations' folder and the .knh to the main car folder

View attachment 1315303

Swap this in to data/driver3d.ini too to fix the timing:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=215
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=215
PRELOAD_RPM=6400
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
Thanks 👍

Speaking of AI, I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to fix a problem with the LeMans67 ai. I have yet to figure out a fix. When two ai cars are near each other going down the front stretch and one of them slows down to pit, the ai car that is not pitting slams on the brakes in response to the other car slowing down. I've never seen this happen at any other track and would love to come up with a fix for it but so far no luck.
Try to record the pit_line just before the dotted line on the pit entry

EDIT: nevermind, bought the car(s) again :boggled:

Hi guys i have an little prob here. Some times ago i bought the

URD Michigan EGT car. Some times later i received a email with the URD Michigan GTD car as a gift for buyers of the first version. So far so good. I didn´t needed the car back than and did not download it.

Now i am putting a new GT3 grid together and need exactly this car. Unfortunately (yes i am that stupid sometimes) i cleaned my email someday and deleted all the old RSS, VRC or URD emails .... so i can`t regain the car....

While i bought new content for over 30€ these days, i am just too miserly now to buy again the car i already bought :/

I have send an email to the URD guys few days ago, but without an answer :(

Long story short - anyone a idea what to do ?

Last edited:

URD Michigan EGT car. Some times later i received a email with the URD Michigan GTD car as a gift for buyers of the first version. So far so good. I didn´t needed the car back than and did not download it.

Now i am putting a new GT3 grid together and need exactly this car. Unfortunately (yes i am that stupid sometimes) i cleaned my email someday and deleted all the old RSS, VRC or URD emails .... so i can`t regain the car....

While i bought new content for over 30€ these days, i am just too miserly now to buy again the car i already bought :/

With VRC I remember that it is possible to download a car again by entering the email with which the purchase was made. If it appears in their database, you can download it. Having changed the site I don't know if it is still possible to do so. Maybe try contacting RSS/VRC on Instagram or URD on Twitter, maybe they'll respond there.

If you've made an account, log into their website , and see if you can download it from there:

1703950975863.png

Hi everyone,

I have this Mercedes Amg W07 (Mercury) mod, does anyone know how to make the steering wheel display work?
Thanks in advance

View attachment 1315259

Hi beautiful,
Is it possible to make the windshield wipers work for the rain?
Thanks

HI,
the mod is beautiful; However, on the internal dashboard and on the steering wheel, some writings disappear and reappear. Can it be solved? A thousand thanks
I fixed the decal flickering

is just the K5N file
simply overwrites the existing one

Last edited:
Try to record the pit_line just before the dotted line on the pit entry
Thank you. I will try that but every ai making tutorial I ever saw said you were supposed to start the pit line way back from the actual pit entry. Were those people all wrong? They also said the pit_line exit had to synch up with the racing line at some point, but i've seen it work even if the pit_line is no where near the racing line.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back