Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,752 comments
anyone "shed any light" 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 on this issue? never noticed it before.Its much worse on this car but i have noticed it a little on other much more newly released car's aswell. thanks

Screenshot (494).png

It's on the RSS Bayro V8 mod. The wipers don't really swipe over the entire window and only come about half way into your field of view so only half the window is getting cleared.
Probably the FOV that is used. The wipers clean enough for me.
Just tested again, because I never noticed:
(The two vertical lines are the bezels of my triple screen setup)

rss_bayro_wiper.png

hHi,

I'm trying to add multiple tire textures for the different f1 compound but the treads and walls have different textures.

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_H]
TXDIFFUSE = H.dds ///Tire wall
TXDIFFUSE = H_T.dds ///Tread
TXBLUR = H_BLUR.dds
TXBLUR = H_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_M]
TXDIFFUSE = M.dds
TXBLUR = M_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = M_T.dds
TXBLUR = M_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_S]
TXDIFFUSE = S.dds
TXBLUR = S_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = S_T.dds
TXBLUR = S_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SS]
TXDIFFUSE = SS.dds
TXBLUR = SS_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = SS_T.dds
TXBLUR = SS_T_BLUR.dds

any help would be great

I really think it would have been enough to ask and talk about it. Also because if one has a possible fix I don't see why anyone shouldn't want to evaluate the thing. 😪

The thing I don't understand is that the car has LODs and the data.acd was missing which I promptly updated the link with the correct version... He says "Added AO Skins" but they are the same as mine.
as I'm on the ACTK discord I asked him why these changes, there's effectively no AO on your model, comparison of the 2 cars in CM, he redid the LODs because you integrated the textures, the lods must be without textures the game loads them from the main kn5. and he can't contact anyone since he's banned from gtplanet.
__custom_showroom_1708901514.png

the original mod without AO
__custom_showroom_1708901487.png

with AO, he'll answer you on his discord if you want to talk to him

hHi,

I'm trying to add multiple tire textures for the different f1 compound but the treads and walls have different textures.

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_H]
TXDIFFUSE = H.dds ///Tire wall
TXDIFFUSE = H_T.dds ///Tread
TXBLUR = H_BLUR.dds
TXBLUR = H_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_M]
TXDIFFUSE = M.dds
TXBLUR = M_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = M_T.dds
TXBLUR = M_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_S]
TXDIFFUSE = S.dds
TXBLUR = S_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = S_T.dds
TXBLUR = S_T_BLUR.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SS]
TXDIFFUSE = SS.dds
TXBLUR = SS_BLUR.dds
TXDIFFUSE = SS_T.dds
TXBLUR = SS_T_BLUR.dds

any help would be great
You need to separate the tread and wall in two different material. Then take example on csp GitHub wiki about how to assigné different textures for different materials for tyrefx

View attachment 1331471
Of course it has no side windows... it is obviously for single-screen users only.
The car has transparent metal for the sides, in GT6 you can see the effect even though the cockpit view is a simple silhouette.

1708905927968.png

View attachment 1331374

"5 MONTHS IS LONG ENOUGH, THAT'S IT!"

View attachment 1331376

I've been waiting for chem's corvette to come out, but now that patience is gone. Introducing a new banger from the Corvette skinner himself. I'll be continuing to support F302's C6.R. Here is the link, hope you guys enjoy the pack: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gold3ns-corvette-c6-r-livery-pack.67307/

Here is the link to F302's Corvette C6.R: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lq42g1g1fbdmvpd/f302_corvette_c6r_2006.zip/file
Thank you so much for this skin pack, that really made my week lol.

Yeah, no offense to ChemFlummi because the work he does is awesome. But was his GT4 project really necessary? I thought the Guerilla cars were good enough for what they were and now here's another talented mod creator wasting their time making alternate versions of cars we already have.

C.F. has had so many other way more interesting projects on the backburner for years now. a Ford GT GT3, a 458 Italia GT3, the Corvette C6.R, but I suppose we need an entire new take on the ACC GT4 port for Assetto Corsa instead when we've already had that for a while now.

I'm sure his GT4 cars will be better than the GUE cars of course, but like man, again another case of a talented modder or mod team spending their time doing duplicate projects instead of working on something that hasn't been done before. I know what mod teams work on isn't democratic but AC is getting old and it'd be nice to see a bit more variety before we finish up here. I'm just so tired of duplicate modern GT cars personally.

Last edited:
Man cars like that TRR 499 or YZH Cadillac makes me wish for better ones to come....some of them "looks" ok now and might even drives ok but things still bugs me like the Cadillac has like really weird looking suspension alignment they visually looks weird how the car moves on the track...

The total lack of camber/caster just looks wrong....
View attachment 1331671
I tinkered with the data.acd not too long ago, disabled "suspension animations" and corrected the track, wheelbase and CG.

Attachments

• data.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
Man cars like that TRR 499 or YZH Cadillac makes me wish for better ones to come....some of them "looks" ok now and might even drives ok but things still bugs me like the Cadillac has like really weird looking suspension alignment they visually looks weird how the car moves on the track...

The total lack of camber/caster just looks wrong....
View attachment 1331671
You can join their discord and report those problems to them, i much rather have TRR cars that get updated,BOPed, fixed and new skins often than other "premium" cars that gets realeased looking nice to take pictures but its up to the comunity to fix, update, bop, make skins...

Guys, has anyone here moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11? Were there any problems with Assetto Corsa after your upgrade? It's the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Win 11. If it screws with AC, then it's a no go, but I'm hoping to here your experiences to help me decide. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, has anyone here moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11? Were there any problems with Assetto Corsa after your upgrade? It's the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Win 11. If it screws with AC, then it's a no go, but I'm hoping to here your experiences to help me decide. Thanks!
W11 from day one and it did not change anythin AC related

EDIT, I just realized I should have just edited my post above with this one. I am very sorry admins.
I had everything on a hard drive and upgraded from 10 to 11 on a different PC.

Basically, just did the base install off Steam + re-download content manager, then plugged in my hard drive and everything worked fine.

Thanks guys. I'm now on Windows 11. I might be too tired to test Assetto Corsa now. Took a while to install. Thanks again for your feedback. It helped a lot with my decision to pull the OS trigger.

Guys, has anyone here moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11?
I finally upgraded this weekend even though my hardware has technically been compatible for a while. I didn't have secure boot enabled because I was still on Legacy BIOS instead of UEFI because my system partition was MBR instead of GPT... Figured it'd be a hassle and I would have to reformat so I just kept Windows 10 because it's fine. Well, turns out you can convert the partition without reformating! Windows itself comes with a tool for it. So I did that, switched to UEFI, turned on secure boot, and that let me upgrade to Windows 11... also without having to reformat! It was remarkably painless once all the UEFI/GPT/secure boot stuff was out of the way.

So far, everything that used to work on Windows 10 still works the same on Windows 11. My Steam is still installed. My games on it are still installed (didn't have to go through steps like letting steam discover the files, like when you're moving or recovering a prior installation) and still work. Assetto Corsa still works - just drove a few laps on Laguna Seca.

I can't guarantee it's the same for everyone, of course, but in my case, it was unproblematic. Good luck!

EDIT: Haha, just saw your reply! Good for you! :)

Last edited:
well yeah but in the end they are just mods out of a hobby by an amateur, a true F10 made by a professional studio i don't see myself driving my 2010 cars anymore
Nope, my system struggles with the later RSS cars, too much detail in them, so much prefer mods like yours.

BTW I'm getting a weird chrome effect on the tyres on the 2011 mod (forgot take a screenshot). Is that cos I didn't install the extension folder?

Pool Party Hug GIF by Apple TV+

Welcome to Pfalzdriver's World of Infinitesimal Incremental Updates (TM) !!!!!
I'm confused. Fixing some stuff I've noticed myself after months, while in the meantime nothing else came up, seems to be a bad thing. Noted.
Comparing me to the Frenchy ... or naming me in the wake of the Frenchy ... Wow, just Wow!

Nope, my system struggles with the later RSS cars, too much detail in them, so much prefer mods like yours.

BTW I'm getting a weird chrome effect on the tyres on the 2011 mod (forgot take a screenshot). Is that cos I didn't install the extension folder
He came, he saw, he fixed :)
In the 1.2 hotfix.

Make sure that the zip cim_2011_tyres.zip is inside assettocorsa/extension/textures/cars/cim_2011_tyres.zip

I expected that. At least, my dear EASY, you could do AO skins for real. The rest was already there ;)

View attachment 1331523 View attachment 1331522

For clarity, I don't want to offend him. I think I was clear when I said that just write to me for any changes etc. The mod is free, he put it on his site and amen. But it would be advisable not to write things in the changelog that are not true or that he didn't do.
Don't worry ACTK is an idiot, he stolen mods without permission, upload the "updated" car Modsfire and Sharemods links to make money.. Just try to report his links..

as I'm on the ACTK discord I asked him why these changes, there's effectively no AO on your model, comparison of the 2 cars in CM, he redid the LODs because you integrated the textures, the lods must be without textures the game loads them from the main kn5. and he can't contact anyone since he's banned from gtplanet.View attachment 1331730
the original mod without AO
View attachment 1331732
with AO, he'll answer you on his discord if you want to talk to him
Hi Mark. This is the last message I will write regarding this situation. Obviously I don't blame you, ambassador doesn't bring any pain. Without choosing in detail, regardless of TVR's problems, the point lies at the basis of everything: it didn't take into account what I said at all. It's not like if you can't contact me then you feel entitled to do your own thing. I would have had no problem adding his name among those who helped me, but if you have to "disrespect me" (especially after all the effort I put in because I'm not a professional) then keep your update and that's the end of the story. If a few simple words have not been clear, then I think it is useless to get stuck. I repeat, I have nothing against him as a person but the situation bothers me.

I'm confused. Fixing some stuff I've noticed myself after months, while in the meantime nothing else came up, seems to be a bad thing. Noted.
Comparing me to the Frenchy ... or naming me in the wake of the Frenchy ... Wow, just Wow!
I think he was only joking about the many updates, I don't think he told you that you were acting wrongly. At least that's what I understood from reading

Last edited:
The Nissan 300ZX has finally done after many days of edits, it was supposed to be released today but I wanted to make a full manual gear ratio (not final ratio) To do that easily i looked at the Kunos Porsche 911 GT1-98 how the gear ratio code works and create a new one by A.I help (chatGPT) and with some edits, the files are (1st~6th.rto) "final.rto" and "stdgears.rto" Now the one thing is that i don't know what the "stdgears.rto" do, and what is the purpose of the file i did not find something on the internet, and the game works fine without this file. Does someone know what it is and what it does?
If everything goes well tomorrow I will release the latest update with extra 3 livery skins.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Reason URD is encrypting data.acd is due to them getting consulting from IER (JPG_18) for physics.

Physics will be best part of that Cadillac.

Imo the modelling is where new URD group has taken massive step back.
Which is great for a part, but unusable for another because you can harmonize with VRC and RSS.

The 3d work from URD is made a big step back as you said, innacuracy, mapping etc. It's a bit sad

dream mode on
Well, instead of finally (what year has each of the modding teams been in existence?) uniting and making overall balanced mod releases together - everyone will pull the blanket on themselves... :)
dream mode off

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back