Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,187 comments
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-diablo-se30-jota.15708/

showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_5-5-2017-7-4-28-jpg.195209

Agreed. With mod tracks I can still fully enjoy them even if I know they're not 100% accurate because they're generally still pretty close and do a good enough job of making you feel like you're racing at that track. With mod cars (especially ripped ones from random websites or Facebook) I sometimes have a hard time enjoying them because I'm always wondering if they're close to the real thing or if they're just a 3D model with totally random physics under them. I don't expect or require perfection, but I do like to know they're at least reasonably close to the real thing and with some of those cars it's anyone's guess as to how realistic they are.

Well, they will be random physics. How do these people that are likely no different to you or me get access to these old F1 cars? I cannot see random joes approaching Ferrari hey can we get a spin in your car? After all isn't that what Kunos officially does?

My favourite part is how so many think they're physic experts from watching it on TV.

Well, they will be random physics. How do these people that are likely no different to you or me get access to these old F1 cars? I cannot see random joes approaching Ferrari hey can we get a spin in your car? After all isn't that what Kunos officially does?

My favourite part is how so many think they're physic experts from watching it on TV.

You'd be surprised the lengths some modders go to when building cars, huge amounts of research and talking with people who worked on the car or drove the car. Obviously they don't all go that far, and getting data for an old Ferrari F1 may be beyond reach, but some modders put a lot of effort into getting it as realistic as they can.

That still might not be in the ball park.

As long as it's convincing and there was some effort put into it, it's good enough for me. What I was getting at is that some just throw some totally random physics on the car and call it done. I tried one once that was supposed to be a FWD car but it drove like a rear engine RWD car, I have no interest in that rubbish. That's one of the worst examples but there are a lot of mod cars that when you drive them you just keep thinking "something doesn't feel right here" or they have bizarre feelings coming through the FFB which can make it difficult to enjoy them. Most of the ones from RaceDepartment are good or at least acceptable (even though it seems most of them are oddball cars), but there are other pages and Facebook groups where people just rip the model from another game, throw some random physics on there, and in my experience the majority of them are rubbish and not worth the hard drive space.

I really wish that Ford Focus was in the console version. That is one hell of a fun car. Plus the pops and gargles are lovely.

The apps in this guys hud, are they 3rd party? Including the console rev/gear dial...

I just tested it out, and the physics and model are amazing... Can't really comment for the sound, as I've never heard one. Some people are commenting on how it could be better, so let's just say that. But it gives me high hopes for the NFS mod these two are making.
I've seen some people mention that a good workaround for now is to swap in the Countach sound. The car does feel fantastic to drive. There is no question about that. I haven't tried the 90s Street Tires yet, but the other two tire options felt superb. It's going to be really interesting to see how their AWD Diablo feels.

Have just been taking this beauty for a few laps of the Nurburgring. I play with a racing seat and G25, 50" plasma and a good surround sound system. Of late I've been mostly playing the Nurburgring, with 'Old' track conditions and temp around 16*, so naturally a lively surface. I drove the car initially on Semi slicks, but when I realised there were other options, I went over to the 90s street tyre.

I'll try and group my thoughts together into sections :) I've always loved the Diablo, and the Jota is the best example, I was really excited to try it out when I saw this mod.

Graphics / Model:

It's a fantastic model, looks brilliant, headlights pop up and down smoothly, interior looks great, nice selection of colours and love the couple of colours with different interior options.

I found that the cockpit steering wheel rotated further than my actual wheel. I've never noticed this on any other cars in AC, it threw me off a bit so I just disabled the virtual wheel. I don't know if this can be related to the mod or not, I'm fairly new to the mod side of things. Also, the interior dial illumination, whilst fantastically italian, does render the dials fairly impossible to actually read. A minor issue, frankly it's cool enough that the pop up headlights work!

Sound:

It sounds fantastic, both in car and in replays. Engine has a nice range of sounds that blend well, the pops /gargles on the overrun sound natural and happen at appropriate times. Is it possibly unrealistically loud? Hard to say as I've not had the pleasure of experiencing a Jota in person, and my only ride in a Diablo was as a young teenager in a VT, so who am I to judge!

When changing gear really quickly (admittedly unrealistically so given the fairly agricultural shift in the real car) the revs in the next gear do sound a little flat after the crescendo of the higher rev range. It's hard to describe, but it can sound a little synthetic. This is easily avoided by changing gear more 'appropriately' though, so a very minor thing. The sound made me laugh out loud multiple times as it's ultimately just a really enjoyable noise.

Physics / Handling / FFB:

Obviously I haven't driven a Diablo, so really I'm just commenting on things that seemed a bit unnatural. I know the car is a beast in real life that demands respect and smooth inputs, one that will bite you if you so much as breathe funny, which is exactly the kind of car I love to drive in sims! :)

As others have mentioned, the brakes are a little keen. Even braking progressively at over 100mph, full pedal travel will lock the wheels up (brake power reduced to 80%). Now as I said in the first paragraph, I'm not exactly in prime grip conditions, but for a 90s supercar, this just seems a little bit too powerful. I could understand at low speeds being able to lock them up or when stamping on the brakes, but they do seem a little too good for the tyres.

The steering feels very keen, to the best of my knowledge the Diablo doesn't have a reputation as a darty / pointy car, so this seemed perhaps a little unrealistic. It is also very keen to step the back end out under almost all conditions. Don't get me wrong, this makes it more fun to drive, but it does seem a little unrealistic that cornering over 120mph the back would so easily start to swing around.

I found that setting the rear anti roll bar from 1 to 0 made the car more of a 'pig', which is how I've always interpreted that the car handles. As in, a bit more reluctant to turn in, more snatchy when it does let go etc. It by no means made it handle BETTER, but the extra understeer and slightly calmer rear seemed a bit more like the big bad Diablo I've read about (obviously with the caveat that it'll bite your head off at a moment's notice under power or excessive weight shift)

This may be related to my G25 to be fair, but there also seems to be a bit of a limp area around centre and about 45* either side. The steering still responds, but the FFB is appreciably lighter and there just isn't a lot of 'feel'. This could equally be representative of slightly vague 90s Italian steering though!

I think that about covers my thoughts on it. Either way, it's fantastic fun, and for the price I really couldn't ask for much more ;)

The car above with the purple tinge, anyone else think of the Charlie Sheen 80s movie, The Wraith? Obviously the car above is not as beefy.

@letdown427 - They were aware of the brake problem, but wanted to get additional feedback before calling it a finished car. Supposedly, they've fixed the braking issue in the v0.98 update released today. I agree with you. The tires were locking in questionable situations and if you wanted to brake hard...fuggedaboudit. When I hop on my computer I'm really looking forward to seeing what the brakes feel like.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-diablo-se30-jota.15708/

Yet another update for the S800 RSC about 20 minutes ago.

I wish it were super easy to limit AI driving speed, so they're not always going all-out when you're driving in traffic mode. Otherwise you're on a track day session running in both directions! :crazy: :eek:

@ALB123 this the way to make the AI respect the speed limit, as posted by Michael Hornbuckle

Back up the ai_hints.ini located here:
:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\tajo\abtraffic\data
and replace it with the one I've uploaded
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/ai_hints-ini.111019/

this is what the Ai_hints looks like
[HINT_0]
START=0
END=1
VALUE=0.6

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0
END=1
VALUE=80

Last edited:
That E30 Wagon is awesome. The creator of that E30 is also the creator of the Lamborghini Miura that became official content. Anyway, there is a decent amount of boogie-woogie in that Wagon, with a whole lotta body roll. :D You can toss that thing around quite well.

Has anyone noticed that Content Manager can now connect to Race Department with your login credentials? It looks like it will be able to handle installing new upgrades for you. :D You can also have it search Assetto-DB.com automatically if you're missing content. Presumably, for online MP servers that are using mod cars that you might not have.

Pretty soon CM is going to be able to write term papers and complete Calculus homework for players so they don't have to quit Assetto Corsa. :lol:

Oh man so many good mods and I'm lacking internal memory (crying in 120Gb SSD). I need to transfer everything to my external 1Tb drive

Oh man so many good mods and I'm lacking internal memory (crying in 120Gb SSD). I need to transfer everything to my external 1Tb drive
I hear ya. I had to put a 3rd SSD in my laptop...A 525gb SSD. I already had a 250gb & 256gb SSDs. Just wasn't enough space.

Hey guys,

Am I missing something with CM? I try to set up a championship though it but I can't find any way to add cars/races/etc! It is pretty simple to do in the AC launcher but I am lost in CM :dunce:

Thanks for any help

AC Legends GT Classics updated today.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbwck0ec6j0bqsf/AC+Legends+GT+Classics+1.14.3.+2017-06.rar

Smallblock Hero and Bazza proudly present the historic revival of classic GT racing for Assetto Corsa

The Assetto Legends mod is a modulair platform, containing sports- and touring cars from different era and class from the 60 's and 70's. This contains GT cars mostly from the 70's.

Although every car has completely different handling, balance and character, the power to weight ratio’s is pretty equal, resulting in close laptimes and –racing.

For the love of classic racing, may the downforce be with you!
Bazza (physics) and Small Block Hero (models, textures)
Hope to race you online soon!

Version 1.14.3 (2017-06)
Special thanks to Paul Williams for introducing me to some great modders, all the helpful feedback and letting me borrowing some of your great soundsamples.

Credits to:
- SmallBlock Hero (models)
- dr. Doomslab (rescaling models)
- Jari Leppänen‎ (rescaling models)
- Goran Martensson (rescaling models)
- Ned (skins)
- F1 Classic forum
- RD forum (ks RSR skins)

Note: The Porsche RSR works only if you have purchased and installed the official Porsche DLC pack 1:
Howto install Porsche 911 RSR:

1. Extract folders content and texture to your AC install: ...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\

2. Goto \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr

3. In this folder: Copy the following files:

-porsche_911_carrera_rsr.kn5
-porsche_911_carrera_rsr_b.kn5
-porsche_911_carrera_rsr_c.kn5
-porsche_911_carrera_rsr_d.kn5

4. Within \cars folder, goto \ac_legends_911rsr_74.

5. Paste kn5 files here!

Hey guys,

Am I missing something with CM? I try to set up a championship though it but I can't find any way to add cars/races/etc! It is pretty simple to do in the AC launcher but I am lost in CM :dunce:

Thanks for any help
Go into Content > Miscellaneous > User Championships -- Click the plus sign (+) in the bottom left area to Create a new Championship. Once the "Create..." screen pops up look in the upper-right corner area. You'll see Rules & Information, Rounds, Cars. Select Cars.

Go into Content > Miscellaneous > User Championships -- Click the plus sign (+) in the bottom left area to Create a new Championship. Once the "Create..." screen pops up look in the upper-right corner area. You'll see Rules & Information, Rounds, Cars. Select Cars.

My man! You are THE Assetto Corsa wiki!

Thanks a lot bud.. Can't believe I missed the plus sign

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back