Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,155 comments
@gergerger I installed the new car, track and flags from @slider666 and let it overwrite everything, then went in and added Isle of Man in the countries.json and countriesIds.json again....restarted CM and now I have flags for all 3 versions of Isle of man track. Let me know if you want me to send you my files again if you're worried about corrupting them again.

s6xiFMD.png

Dumb request, but could you share your countries files?
Last time I tried to include Man, I corrupted the countries files and that got me kinda scared, lol.

Weird, I just edited my countries and countriesIds but no flags have appeared for me. Just the country and city names. Also how do you get it so CM shows pictures of tracks instead of one long list

Hey guys, I take it you are both good now with the flag/files issues ?
Or do you still need something ?

ey guys, I take it you are both good now
Hey guys, I take it you are both good now with the flag/files issues ?
Or do you still need something ?

All good now thanks mate, wasn't updating flags even with the edited countries and countriesIds but after I installed slider666's new flags etc and re-edited those files and restarted CM it all worked. I'm a happy bunny now.

@Masscot I'm not quite sure there are 1000 of the buggers but I'm not gonna try and count them all. The script kinda works but not sure why all the balloons are grouped in this one area. Although i had to get my magician friend to run the script and send me the models.ini cause my pc won't run it for some reason.

v1Zt74Y.jpg

Need to edit the ini file to only have one Fuji Blimp but i'll have a crack at that in a bit.

Last edited:
@Masscot I'm not quite sure there are 1000 of the buggers but I'm not gonna try and count them all. The script kinda works but not sure why all the balloons are grouped in this one area. Although i had to get my magician friend to run the script and send me the models.ini cause my pc won't run it for some reason.

v1Zt74Y.jpg

Need to edit the ini file to only have one Fuji Blimp but i'll have a crack at that in a bit.
Ha ha..! Amazing!
Be interested to see how frame rates are affected.

Those of you who know a little more about editing the data files, particular the car.ini.

I’ve noticed that with a lot of modded cars, particularly velo mods, they are almost unusable for me, as the steering ratio etc is insane? It’s as if the car turns sharply with only around 10 degrees of travel on my wheel, and I therefore have to keep sawing at the wheel when going round a corner, as it’s almost digital like.

I edited the “Linear Steer Rod Ratio” which makes a lot of difference, but trying to find the right ratio is problematic. I’ve found that somewhere around 0.00100 is a really nice figure for me that makes the car far less twitchy around the Center, but it’s not right for all cars, and it’s not something I want to have to set automatically each time.

I read that you can get an accurate reading of the correct Steering Ratio by using the dev tools suspension plugin.

I did this, but I’m unsure what figure is the figure in looking for, as none of them resemble a figure like the ratio in the car.ini files.

My wheel is 900* CSWV2.5 (and 1080 DD2)

Most other cars / mods work fine, but some are so sharp they are unusable.

Basically some of these mods seem to come so twitchy they I think they are set up for controllers or wheels with a much lower rotation etc.

Does anyone know a good way to balance out that twitchy Center sharp steering and find the right linear steer rod ratio, How to find it in the suspension app and the best way to apply it for all cars?

I’ll upload an example I have done to the Sierra Time Trial Car (the default mod vs my edited car.ini version) the difference is a much more realistic drive with none of the crazy twitchy steering that seems to happen with the default mod.

Is there a better way to do this other than Editing the car.ini files or will I need to do this on a mod by mod basis?

Cheers

It was done by Asseto Corsa Fanboy and posted in this Youtube video:

And I agree, that it is very different from GT5 (and reality, for that matter).

The track here isn't converted from GT from the looks of it, it looks like an scratch made track made to loosely resemble the GT track. Irl, the track takes place on real Japanese roads, thought the course itself is fictional.

I personally would love a proper TR246, one made with accuracy giving proper Japanese street racing feel, and none of those dumb anime billboards.

Last edited:
The track here isn't converted from GT from the looks of it, it looks like an scratch made track made to loosely resemble the GT track. Irl, the track takes place on real Japanese roads, thought the course itself is fictional.

I personally would love a proper TR246, one made with accuracy giving proper Japanese street racing feel, and none of those dumb anime billboards.
You're right, it's actually a scratchmade track that was originally made for GTR2 then ripped to Assetto Corsa.

Ha ha..! Amazing!
Be interested to see how frame rates are affected.

Didn't seem to affect my frame rates - not that I noticed anyways. I edited the models.ini to only have one Fuji Blimp but I'll hold off sharing the script till I know for sure it works on my pc. The dynamic object numbers are from 0 to 999 so I just changed any existing dynamic objects to 1000, 1001 etc. Anyways here's the models.ini for ya

https://mega.nz/#!vTQVQaRT!ADZCPjHXmKNDrUQOt8gj4UbMTzU1MFG4jrjaeLkjPGA

Just out of interest what are the lines RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2 and RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1 used for?

Last edited:
New Update from AC Fanboy, Franciacorta now with Rallycross

Driven distance is being recorded now (unlike the previous version).
Be aware: RX can only be started from hotlap start option, pits and starting line will place you behind the concrete blocks marking corner one and you hit an invisible wall after a short distance.
About here, some 20 meters after the starting line.

wall.png

Solution is to reverse until you reach the concrete barrier and then turn sharp right, which will bring you on track:

reverse.png

Driven distance is being recorded now (unlike the previous version).
Be aware: RX can only be started from hotlap start option, pits and starting line will place you behind the concrete blocks marking corner one and you hit an invisible wall after a short distance.
About here, some 20 meters after the starting line.

View attachment 867388

Solution is to reverse until you reach the concrete barrier and then turn sharp right, which will bring you on track:

View attachment 867390
lol what is this buggy? :D

Didn't seem to affect my frame rates - not that I noticed anyways. I edited the models.ini to only have one Fuji Blimp but I'll hold off sharing the script till I know for sure it works on my pc. The dynamic object numbers are from 0 to 999 so I just changed any existing dynamic objects to 1000, 1001 etc. Anyways here's the models.ini for ya

https://mega.nz/#!vTQVQaRT!ADZCPjHXmKNDrUQOt8gj4UbMTzU1MFG4jrjaeLkjPGA

Just out of interest what are the lines RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2 and RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1 used for?
Just got back home so I'll have to test it in the morning, but it looks awesomely crazy in the photos.

The RND_VEL_BASE is the motion vector for the balloons, so 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 is 0.2m/s in X, Y and Z directions. The RND_VEL_RANGE is how much that motion vector can randomly change at the start of the motion (so, as I understand it, with those values it can range from 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 to 0.3, 0.2, 0.3.
I kept the vertical motion at 0.2m/s with no variation.
That's my understanding of it anyway.

A year or so ago (maybe longer) I did a config for a cluster of fighter jets to buzz the cars as they head down the hill at Donington shortly after the start. It was awesome in open-topped cars in VR. When the track got updated I lost the config, but I'm sure I shared it somewhere. If anyone has it, please let me know..!

@GzeroD
A mate of mine has had a fair bit of RL track time in the Atom and is very impressed with your interpretation of it, especially regarding weight transfer and grip. I said I'd pass on his thanks.
:cheers:

Nice to have a cars' realism validated, thanks 👍 and thanks to @GzeroD for taking the time to do it.
I was thinking the grip seemed off on the original for that type of car although I'll admit I kind of like the stress of driving it :scared:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back