Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,135 comments
Yup the Reboot version is from 1967, and looks it :D
This new version looks to be bangin and with this dudes desire in making this master piece, I'd assume the track will get a lot of upkeep in the future.
But looking at it so far, not sure whats there to upkeep or update. :lol: I'm sure there will be though.

Have wanted this skin for a while, issue was, there already was one but a) no chrome coloring b) it was for the 2017, not '18 RSR. Although the 'same', added LED's, position numbers, changed the banner and tires, next lit @ num plates.

Thanks to Ales from URD sharing his original chromed version, it lives!
wallhaven-vg3ow8.png

Just got back home so I'll have to test it in the morning, but it looks awesomely crazy in the photos.

The RND_VEL_BASE is the motion vector for the balloons, so 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 is 0.2m/s in X, Y and Z directions. The RND_VEL_RANGE is how much that motion vector can randomly change at the start of the motion (so, as I understand it, with those values it can range from 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 to 0.3, 0.2, 0.3.
I kept the vertical motion at 0.2m/s with no variation.
That's my understanding of it anyway.

A year or so ago (maybe longer) I did a config for a cluster of fighter jets to buzz the cars as they head down the hill at Donington shortly after the start. It was awesome in open-topped cars in VR. When the track got updated I lost the config, but I'm sure I shared it somewhere. If anyone has it, please let me know..!

Having jet fighters flying overhead must have looked awesome - especially in VR. I'm loving all these mad ideas you guys come up with to make AC even better. Time to learn how to mess about with this stuff and see what I can come up with.
Thanks for explaining the RND_VEL stuff, at least I understand what it does now. I changed a few of them cause I noticed with my script they were all set at 0.3,0.2,0.3 and 0.2,0,0.2 but in yours they were mainly 0.2,0.2,0.2 and 0.1,0,0.1. Probably not a big deal but I'll see if I can get the script to randomise those as well.

@Masscot Just had a look at Brun's Donington and found the jets. It's taken me all this time to realise you can just double click the kn5 files and it shows you what the model is lol. Must be time to mess about with some configs now I feel a bit more confident doing so thanks to you and your balloons :cheers: I'm gonna see if I can get them to buzz nice and low. Shame we can't add a Spitfire, a Hurricane and a Lancaster for a flypast

Yup the Reboot version is from 1967, and looks it :D
This new version looks to be bangin and with this dudes desire in making this master piece, I'd assume the track will get a lot of upkeep in the future.
But looking at it so far, not sure whats there to upkeep or update. :lol: I'm sure there will be though.

Have wanted this skin for a while, issue was, there already was one but a) no chrome coloring b) it was for the 2017, not '18 RSR. Although the 'same', added LED's, position numbers, changed the banner and tires, next lit @ num plates.

Thanks to Ales from URD sharing his original chromed version, it lives!
wallhaven-vg3ow8.png
can you share this skin bud? its amazing

Here's a quick video I filmed on the newest version (0.5) of the 1967 Nurburgring by WilliamTRiker from Race Department - it's really been improved a lot and is now my favorite/preferred version of classic Nurb that's available.

I would suggest watching it if

1: You'd like to see a cool new mod that's WIP And support it by downloading it and giving the creator feedback and
2: You want to see me completely obliterate Jimmy Broadbent's recent attempt at the same car/track combo :D

@Masscot Managed to get the high level airliner to do a flypast at a reasonable height but need to work out how to make it appear in front of the cars and not behind them. Would be nice to have it fly down the straight and not across it but I'm figuring things out slowly. Any idea where the jets appear or was that something you figured out in your lost config?

xZFLvxO.jpg

Gotta say Brun's version of Donington is amazing and my current favourite track right now :)

@Masscot Managed to get the high level airliner to do a flypast at a reasonable height but need to work out how to make it appear in front of the cars and not behind them. Would be nice to have it fly down the straight and not across it but I'm figuring things out slowly. Any idea where the jets appear or was that something you figured out in your lost config?

xZFLvxO.jpg

Gotta say Brun's version of Donington is amazing and my current favourite track right now :)
Looks good! Are the contrails fixed to the jet or do they stay static?

I *think* from memory I used Brun's existing fighter jet vectors and added more jets and played with the 'timings' and maybe the height.
The 'timing' is really controlled by starting the jets miles away. They start when the race starts (or maybe when you join the track) so if you want a delay, move their start position further away.
I remember it being a LOT of trial and error, that's why I was gutted when i realised I'd lost the config.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back