Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,646 comments
I know at least a couple of you guys have been waiting for this, and I apologize for the delay, but I have now released my rally skins for the Singer 911 AWD :D

01-jpg.353777

DOWNLOAD HERE!

:cheers:

Niiiiiiice. Was waiting for this to drop - Looks proper tasty :D

I should've released it at least a week ago, but I've been too occupied with other mods as of late :lol: But I finally got around to putting on that final coat of wax :D

Cheers! :cheers: And thanks for the review!

All good, I know how long these things take to get right. Does look really good.....and I'm gonna take your recommendation to try it out at Semetin lol

@Anyone???
I'm adding vintage balloons to all the vintage tracks I can find but if a track folder doesn't contain a models.ini can I just create one?

I'm assuming it should at least contain this line

[MODEL_0]
FILE=????.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

@Anyone???
I'm adding vintage balloons to all the vintage tracks I can find but if a track folder doesn't contain a models.ini can I just create one?

I'm assuming it should at least contain this line

[MODEL_0]
FILE=????.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Yapp, FILE=trackname.kn5 should work without probs. :)

Yep, I had to do this on a track recently. You don't need to create a models.ini folder, I included one with the download for exactly this reason. It's where the configs already are.

I thought you just copy what was in yours over to the newly created one. Mate, this stuff gets even easier every time :cheers:

But do you still need to add those lines FILE = TRACKNAME.KN5 etc?

I just need to rewrite my existing config files for your normal balloons now.

I thought you just copy what was in yours over to the newly created one. Mate, this stuff gets even easier every time :cheers:

But do you still need to add those lines FILE = TRACKNAME.KN5 etc?

I just need to rewrite my existing config files for your normal balloons now.
Yeah, you still need the track kn5 in there.
I'll be doing a similar download for 'normal' balloons with the central store format like the vintage ones if you want to wait a while.

Yeah, you still need the track kn5 in there.
I'll be doing a similar download for 'normal' balloons with the central store format like the vintage ones if you want to wait a while.

I don't mind waiting if you're happy to do it - unless I get bored of playing through F.E.A.R again later and decide I want to write config files instead ;)

I don't mind waiting if you're happy to do it - unless I get bored of playing through F.E.A.R again later and decide I want to write config files instead ;)
Ref your query in the RD thread: there are 12 layouts for Nords '67 and 12 different models.ini. Are you sure you put the balloon config in the one that you are actually driving? You'll need to add the config to every models.ini that you want the balloons on.

Ref your query in the RD thread: there are 12 layouts for Nords '67 and 12 different models.ini. Are you sure you put the balloon config in the one that you are actually driving? You'll need to add the config to every models.ini that you want the balloons on.
Yep, that's the 1st thing I made sure of. :D

I just realised it's actually quicker than this. The longest process is step 7, renaming every one of the dozens of references in the GUID file. Don't bother with this - just do a CM audio swap from the original car when you're finished. D'oh! Obvious.
Duplicating a car can literally take less than a minute.
Dear friend, this replacement procedure is very simple in a text editor, notepad, etc. Open the file in notepad and in the "edit" window, select the "replace" item or just press CTRL + H. Insert what to replace and how to replace it and press the corresponding button. Everything is very simple. Sorry for the Russian interface, but I think you will understand.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 18.13.58.79_LI.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 18.13.58.79_LI.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 18.14.57.69_LI.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 18.14.57.69_LI.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 39
Dear friend, this replacement procedure is very simple in a text editor, notepad, etc. Open the file in notepad and in the "edit" window, select the "replace" item or just press CTRL + H. Insert what to replace and how to replace it and press the corresponding button. Everything is very simple. Sorry for the Russian interface, but I think you will understand.
Thanks - this is actually how I did it in WordPad before realising that it's even easier just to copy the audio from the doner car.

So I've made a pack of about 20 liveries for the City.

Definitely one of the more obscure ones.
OMG, now that is some class right there, I've discovered a commercial of theirs for the City months ago when I bought a Hot Wheels model of the Turbo II which I love so much!
GHC51_01

There has been a lot of discussion about how to duplicate cars in AC lately. I have not found a comprehensive tutorial on how it can be done from start to finish. Here's a 26 Step method that works, so if anyone can make it less steps than this, let me know, cheers!

How to duplicate a car in AC.
NOTE: car currently uses the acd.data and .bank files.
NOTE: requires Content Manager (CM) and quickBMS (QBMS)

STEP#1 copy the desired specific original car folder (OCF) from your steam folder
STEP#2 paste the OCF in a new directory of your choice (keep identical OCF name)
STEP#3 create an empty "data" folder inside this new duplictae car folder (DCF)
STEP#4 open quickBMS.exe
STEP#5 when prompted, select the quickBMS script to use, i.e., (assetto.txt)
STEP#6 click "OPEN" in QBMS
STEP#7 select "data.acd" in your new DCF
STEP#8 click "OPEN" inQBMS
STEP#9 select the new data folder in DCF you just created
STEP#10 click "SAVE" in QBMS
STEP#11 click "SAVE" in QBMS
STEP#12 open your DCF
STEP#13 delete "data.acd" file in your DCF
STEP#14 delete .bank file in your DCF
STEP#15 rename your DCF (a unique name, lower case, no spaces)
STEP#16 open your ur/ui_car.JOSN file in your DCF
STEP#17 cusomize car "name" text ui_car.JSON file
STEP#18 save ui_car.JSON file in your DCF
STEP#19 close ui_car.JSON file in your DCF
STEP#20 copy your DCF into your "cars" steam folder
STEP#21 paste your DCF into your "cars" steam folder
STEP#22 open Content Manager (CM)
STEP#23 click on your new duplicate car in CM
STEP#24 click "manage car" in CM
STEP#25 click "replace sound" in CM
STEP#26 click original car in CM drop down menu

COMPLETE, A DUPLICATE, IDENTICAL CAR WITH A UNIQUE NAME WILL APPEAR IN CM

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about how to duplicate cars in AC lately. I have not found a comprehensive tutorial on how it can be done from start to finish. Here's a 26 Step method that works, so if anyone can make it less steps than this, let me know, cheers!

How to duplicate a car in AC.
NOTE: car currently uses the acd.data and .bank files.
NOTE: requires Content Manager (CM) and quickBMS (QBMS)

STEP#1 copy the desired specific original car folder (OCF) from your steam folder
STEP#2 paste the OCF in a new directory of your choice (keep identical OCF name)
STEP#3 create an empty "data" folder inside this new duplictae car folder (DCF)
STEP#4 open quickBMS.exe
STEP#5 when prompted, select the quickBMS script to use, i.e., (assetto.txt)
STEP#6 click "OPEN" in QBMS
STEP#7 select "data.acd" in your new DCF
STEP#8 click "OPEN" inQBMS
STEP#9 select the new data folder in DCF you just created
STEP#10 click "SAVE" in QBMS
STEP#11 click "SAVE" in QBMS
STEP#12 open your DCF
STEP#13 delete "data.acd" file in your DCF
STEP#14 delete .bank file in your DCF
STEP#15 rename your DCF (a unique name, lower case, no spaces)
STEP#16 open your ur/ui_car.JOSN file in your DCF
STEP#17 cusomize car "name" text ui_car.JSON file
STEP#18 save ui_car.JSON file in your DCF
STEP#19 close ui_car.JSON file in your DCF
STEP#20 copy your DCF into your "cars" steam folder
STEP#21 paste your DCF into your "cars" steam folder
STEP#22 open Content Manager (CM)
STEP#23 click on your new duplicate car in CM
STEP#24 click "manage car" in CM
STEP#25 click "replace sound" in CM
STEP#26 click original car in CM drop down menu

COMPLETE, A DUPLICATE, IDENTICAL CAR WITH A UNIQUE NAME WILL APPEAR IN CM
That seems... unnecessarily complicated..?
What's wrong with:
  1. copy the full car folder
  2. rename the new folder with the new car name
  3. copy this new folder name
  4. rename all KN5s with the old name to this new folder name
  5. go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car to this new folder name
  6. copy the sound from old car to new car using CM's 'replace sound' button
This literally takes about a minute.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back