Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,133 comments
Use Content Manager to extract the data.acd.. There's literally been quite a few posts written about this in the last few days so do a search in this forum for "DUPLICATE" and have a look at some of the posts :D
I searched but I didn't find anything...mah

Vintage balloons are up for download:

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...d-an-insertion-config-for-older-tracks.31306/

Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_turbo_4thgpmexico67_5-3-120-17-6-54.jpg

Last edited:
Would you be able to make an S1 version of this with a little bit more power. Or is this my time to try and use Car Tuner to do an LS8 engine swap ;)
Of course. It can have as much power as you want! :)
Problem is that I'll have to redo the gears because 4th already runs out. I'll see about adding some different ratios.

Thanks for this but rather than acknowledging that it overwrites the original car, why not just release it as a new car? It's not hard and doesn't take long, and not only respects and preserves the original car but will also help to protect your work (and stop it getting overwritten) if the original car gets updated. I think there is also more chance of it being installed if it gets tagged as a new car. Some people just won't be bothered with changing it to a new car.
Apart from anything else, people might prefer the original car, or want to test it side-by-side with the new one to see what the differences are. If the modder does this once then it stops every else who downloads it from having to do exactly the same exercise.

Very useful instructions from @gladbecker82 about how to duplicate a car:
  1. copy the full car folder
  2. maybe paste it onto the desktop (so you can keep the old one)
  3. rename the folder
  4. copy the folder name!!!
  5. rename all KN5s with the old name with the new one.
  6. go into the data folder, LODS.ini and rename the car there
  7. go into the main SFX folder, rename the bank file and rename everything that you see with the old name in the GUID file
Edit: I did it with your car and it literally took two minutes, and that included manually renaming all the GUID refs (when there's probably a much quicker semi-automatic way of doing this).
Here you go:
alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_tcl
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xmblcys8ulo017h/alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_tcl.7z/file

(nice update, by the way. I keep reaching for a fifth gear though ;) )

Edit 2: the RHS wing mirror reflection is flipped which I guess was the same in the original car. It'll need flipping in the mirror config unless somebody wants to update the kn5 (above my pay grade, I'm afraid).
Sorry about that. I know.
I'll put it in a new folder next time. It was late when I put that up and wasn't thinking. I sleep when you guys are awake and am up when you guys are sleeping. Thanks for renaming. I'll lengthen those gears a bit.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I know.
I'll put it in a new folder next time. It was late when I put that up and was thinking. I sleep when you guys are awake and am up when you guys are sleeping. Thanks for renaming. I'll lengthen those gears a bit.

No worries - hope my post didn't sound rude, it wasn't supposed to. :)
Are you able to fix the flipped RHS mirror before the next upload? No worries if not, it can be done in the mirror config.
Such a sexy little car, this.
Ref lengthening the gears, the other option is to add a fifth/overdrive.

No worries - hope my post didn't sound rude, it wasn't supposed to. :)
Are you able to fix the flipped RHS mirror before the next upload? No worries if not, it can be done in the mirror config.
Such a sexy little car, this.
Let me search on flipping the mirrors. I've read it before and passed by it a few times more. It was originally like that but should get fixed.
When I get a new gear ratio and flip the mirrors, I'll link it out again.

Yep, I name-checked @slider666 in the notes to thanks him for the idea.
No doubt I'll be getting a whole raft of one-star reviews and 'broken mod dont work' grunts from people who can't read, lol.

You got 5 stars from me :cheers:
Honestly if people can't follow your simple instructions to install this then they don't deserve to have big floaty things in the sky. Any chance of doing a vintage blimp or did I miss that in the config file?

Let me search on flipping the mirrors. I've read it before and passed by it a few times more. It was originally like that but should get fixed.
I've got a feeling it was done in this forum by someone but I might be thinking of another car....hang on i'll go look lol

and also be great to have more POWEEEEEERRRRRR - well a little bit more anyways and maybe slightly longer gearing or as masscot suggested, a 5th gear

oops it was a different car, but I think this is the post you are looking for https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-738#post-12987695

presume it's in mirrors.ini and add flip=1 (or something like that)

Might be wrong on that one...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-553#post-12887301
In my case Real Mirrors is in the smart_mirrors.ini
What do I know lol

oops it was a different car, but I think this is the post you are looking for https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-738#post-12987695

presume it's in mirrors.ini and add flip=1 (or something like that)

Might be wrong on that one...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-553#post-12887301
In my case Real Mirrors is in the smart_mirrors.ini
What do I know lol
Thank you very much Kriss. I'll get into it as soon as I can!

I just found out how it works. Apparently, just a logo.png need to be put in the ui folder of the track.
Like this:
View attachment 897239

Then it will show up in the loading screen. I've tried also for other tracks like Nürburgring, also working. :)

View attachment 897240 View attachment 897241

But I don't know, if it needs to be set something in the settings. :confused:

Best idea since ages. :cheers: Best resolution is 500x500 px btw. Even vector graphics are possible. Already tried it with Spa and it works.

Random note: Usually I do the special events provided by Kunos. And I always did not like to have the possibility to change the skins of the cars. I figured out that when you delete the original kunos skins AC will choose randomly and by each new trial a new (modded) skin of the car. Always thought that AC crashes when it has not the stock skin but no, it just chooses another one from your library.

Latest conversion by ACF:

Like the previous one, DC++ is needed if you want to download it.

Release notes google translated to English:

"
-Added Time Attack Mode
-3 Startlight left side added
-Lights / traffic light materials changed (wrong texture, which was already the case with GTR2)
-30 pit box / launch sites added
-Objects removed under the map
-Removed / moved tire stick at start / finish
-Ocean added
-Toilet houses enlarged

AI needs to be improved, if you want you can do it because I currently only have a PS3 controller

Credits : Original Track created by SimBin Studios for Race07 GTR2 Conversion by napf Assetto Corsa Conversion by ACF"

User Peperoni(...) has released an overhaul on RD for Adelaide2011 and I did a grassFX config, too. Put it into the loaded folder as usual. Before, rename it to *ini again to have it worked.
@PepperoniAC24 this changes make a huge difference to immersion, trees feel more real as you speed past!
I look forward to every pack!

Last edited:
Latest conversion by ACF:

Like the previous one, DC++ is needed if you want to download it.

Release notes google translated to English:

"
-Added Time Attack Mode
-3 Startlight left side added
-Lights / traffic light materials changed (wrong texture, which was already the case with GTR2)
-30 pit box / launch sites added
-Objects removed under the map
-Removed / moved tire stick at start / finish
-Ocean added
-Toilet houses enlarged

AI needs to be improved, if you want you can do it because I currently only have a PS3 controller

Credits : Original Track created by SimBin Studios for Race07 GTR2 Conversion by napf Assetto Corsa Conversion by ACF"

What's DC++?

why though? why cant he just use a mega link instead of downloading some sketchy app JUST for his tracks
Well to be fair, he and the server that is running on DC++ are sharing 100's of tracks and cars for free. But yeah, it will be a pain for most people getting them from there.

why though? why cant he just use a mega link instead of downloading some sketchy app JUST for his tracks

While MEGA or MediaFire would be ideal, it's unfair to say DC++ is sketchy. It's actually a pretty old protocol, pre-dating even BitTorrent if I recall. I used to run a DC++ server many many moons ago (early 2000's). It's just not that common. It wasn't back then, and is even less common today. But the client is open source and most certainly not sketchy. It's an inconvenience at it's worst. Just clearing the air, that's all ;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back