Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,821 comments
I'm very sorry for the dumb and stupid question, but how can I do that?

No need to apologise, and it's not a stupid question at all.
You can actually do this yourself in content manager if you want. Or just download my map.png and then copy it into the folders I mentioned in my post. (normal and Reverse)
If you want to do this in CM, go to manage track and then at the bottom you should see an option to update map. Click on that and it should open a picture of a map and all you do is click save map and then hit the x in the corner.

I'm very sorry for the dumb and stupid question, but how can I do that?
What MrBoo wrote, or:
Delete the map.png from the track folder (also in the normal and reverse folder).
Go drive, start is enough.
CM makes you a new map for the layout you just used.
Sometimes (I don't know why it does that) you get a black background with a white track, which results in a strange dark spot (when using track map).
But it is easy to change (in GIMP or another graphic program) into a transparent background which will leave you only with the white track line.

Last edited:
What MrBoo wrote, or:
Delete the map.png from the track folder (also in the normal and reverse folder).
Go drive, start is enough.
CM makes you a new map for the layout you just used.
Sometimes (I don't knbow why it does that) you get a black background with a white track, which results in a strange dark spot (when using track map).
But it is easy to change (in GIMP or another graphic program) into a transparent background which will leave you only with the white track line.

So can you just delete the map.png and drive and it will automatically make a new map for you. Or do you have to use CM's update map thing?

No need to apologise, and it's not a stupid question at all.
You can actually do this yourself in content manager if you want. Or just download my map.png and then copy it into the folders I mentioned in my post. (normal and Reverse)
If you want to do this in CM, go to manage track and then at the bottom you should see an option to update map. Click on that and it should open a picture of a map and all you do is click save map and then hit the x in the corner.

That is what I usually do when I want to change the map position/scale/width/etc...

Just as I wrote: delete the bad map, drive and CM creates a new one.

Thank you both.
I will report how it went.

I know it's an old mod, but i completly missed it, if you missed it too, give it a try, it's one of the best open wheeler i drive so far!
The review by Fat Alfie says all: "Such a glorious car to drive. I have been using this car a LOT lately, partly because it is so much fun to drive, partly because it is a great tool to learn about car set ups (because it is so communicative), and partly because it is so beautiful to look at.
Fantastic work, thank you for sharing it with us. This is one of the very few mod cars that I will keep installed and use regularly
".

formula ford.jpg

I know it's an old mod, but i completly missed it, if you missed it too, give it a try, it's one of the best open wheeler i drive so far!
The review by Fat Alfie says all: "Such a glorious car to drive. I have been using this car a LOT lately, partly because it is so much fun to drive, partly because it is a great tool to learn about car set ups (because it is so communicative), and partly because it is so beautiful to look at.
Fantastic work, thank you for sharing it with us. This is one of the very few mod cars that I will keep installed and use regularly
".

View attachment 920279

I love the Formula Ford on Mosport! Such an exhilarating ride, unsure if or when the grip is going to give out. Definitely keeps you on your toes, but it's so rewarding to throw around the track

Porsche 911 966.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.91

- slightly reduced wheel and tyre sizes
- polished wheels a little
- re-mapped and re-textured brake discs
- removed racing slick tyres
- added street and semi-slick tyres, semi slick set as default
- corrected brake caliper shader
- corrected broken wheel blur on rear wheel
- wipers now work on lod_b
- improved LOD's again
- 4 new skins Gulf skins added by racealot

https://mega.nz/file/JIxSRahS#27uKGsGk-O07L_D9Yn_GMPI-J8R1BHu9m1b3whYa1Vc

:cheers:
@norms, there's one very big problem with this car:
You've made it so damn good to drive it now deserves a better cockpit with new materials and PBR shaders, or at the very least a proper non-jpeg Porsche badge on the steering wheel.
It's almost too much fun, this thing. My new go-to test car.

You've made it so damn good to drive it now deserves a better cockpit with new materials and PBR shaders, or at the very least a proper non-jpeg Porsche badge on the steering wheel.

Downloaded it now. I want to see how grippy it is anyway.
Then i noticed it has semi slicks as default, it should be over gripped with those on so i do hope it is as grippy as someone mentioned.
Looking forward to a blast around Stowe.

Slightly off topic.... (very off topic), but have you seen all the pro drivers saying that iRacing is not grippy enough?

Every single driver who doesn't sim, club racer or pro, who gets in our rig says there is no where near enough grip.....

IMO it's not that big of an issue...would be far far worse if they said it was too easy compared to real life...

Downloaded it now. I want to see how grippy it is anyway.
Then i noticed it has semi slicks as default, it should be over gripped with those on so i do hope it is as grippy as someone mentioned.
Looking forward to a blast around Stowe.

Slightly off topic.... (very off topic), but have you seen all the pro drivers saying that iRacing is not grippy enough?

Every single driver who doesn't sim, club racer or pro, who gets in our rig says there is no where near enough grip.....

IMO it's not that big of an issue...would be far far worse if they said it was too easy compared to real life...

There's plenty of grip in iRacing until...there isn't and you snap oversteer into oblivion

".

View attachment 920279

Absolutely love that mod. I just wish there a was mod for the newer Formula Ford (and a Formula Vee) for AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion from my experiences with just meager track days back in the day, is there is a lack of grip problem in a lot of these mods for AC and across game titles as well. I can't fathom having race cars on track that have to be fought with every 5-10 seconds just to keep it on track. A great example is the DRM pack. I watch videos of Group 5 cars and while they do get loose here and there, I don't think there's that much fighting going on or if there is it's controllable counter adjustments and not having to wrench the wheel one way or the other. Those are some big gumballs under those cars.
The image of harder to drive is better should be abolished. As well, GT3 cars are super planted and should be represented that way to name another but it goes across the board.

Thanks for the compliment! The badge on the steering wheel isn't actually a jpeg though, but yeah it is a low quality dds. I'll add improving that to things to do for the future for sure, that's why it's still only 0.91, slowly getting there :). I'll look into improving more of the cockpit in time but really haven't got a lot of time between family and fitting in little projects here and there.

upload_2020-5-13_20-47-27.png

Learning my lesson from my past few releases, I would love it if any of you would like to test the Washington DC circuit - i'm uploading it to my Google Drive now.

Specifically there is one issue I would like to test, if you can hear the american national anthem whilst driving past the pit-lane exit?
You should be able to hear it in F7 free camera, but I need to know if you can hear it when in a car.

Also have a race or two against the AI and see if there are any glaring issues i may have missed.

Alas, there are no hot air balloons yet, if only we had somebody that love hot air balloons, if only...

upload_2020-5-13_20-50-42.png

But yeah, anybody want's to test it, add any planes, balloons, Ferris wheels, Donald trump inflatables please send me a DM / Reply to this message in a post on here.

upload_2020-5-13_20-52-19.png

upload_2020-5-13_20-52-58.png

upload_2020-5-13_20-53-8.png

upload_2020-5-13_20-53-49.png

upload_2020-5-13_20-54-8.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-33-30.jpg
    Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-33-30.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-33-30.jpg
    Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-33-30.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-35-42.jpg
    Screenshot_chivas_hsv010gt_gt5002013_capitol_building_13-5-120-20-35-42.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 15
obese_car-jpg.920356

I've noticed an uncomfortable lack of any street-legal Bentley Continental GT on Assettoland, so i decided to download one from Assetto Corsa Database, an abandoned website hosting a bunch of outdated mods.

It had a lot of issues, felt like retrieving a car out of a scrap yard, so i pulled up my sleeves and decided to give it a much deserved treat.

While the mod is not finished yet, here's a list of changes hidden below:

• Updated shaders.
  • Updated previews.
  • Updated power graph.
  • Fixed missing/obsolete soundbank.
  • Fixed invalid tyre index
  • Fixed incorrect driver parameters
  • Fixed dash camera set below the car.
  • Fixed invalid AI/auto-gearbox shifting values.
  • Changed tags:
    • Old: "rwd","sequential","race","GT","GT2","A5","England","supercar","roadsport"
    • New: "#Supercars","semiautomatic","great britain","w12","awd","street","turbo","supercar"
  • Updated tyre version to v10 from v3.
  • Updated tyres.
  • Updated aerodynamics.
  • Repositioned fuel tank.
    • Old position: "0.00,-0.15,-1.45"
    • New position: 0.00,0.10,-2.00
  • Changed engine sound to Giulia Quadrifoglio from Huayra.
  • Renamed class to "street" from "GT".
  • Changed country to "Great Britain" from "England".
  • Changed ground collider values:
    • Position: "0.00,-0.26,-0.05" from "0.00,-0.248,0.40
    • Size: "1.80,0.05,1.95" from "1.55,0.10,3.75"
  • Changed polar inertia values (M):
    • Width: 1.916 from 1.850.
    • Height: 1.390 from 1.300.
    • Lenght: 4.804 from 4.450.
  • Increased curb weight (Kg) to 2,350 from 2,320.
  • Increased total mass (Kg) to 2,425 from 2,320.
  • Increased max fuel capacity (L) to 90 from 63.
  • Increased min fuel load (L) to 90 from 30.
  • Increased low fuel warning (L) to 9 from 7.
  • Increased front brake bias (%) to 70 from 65.
  • Increased brake torque (Nm) to 4,000 from 1,500.
  • Increased handbrake torque (Nm) to 2,000 from 1,000.
  • Changed gear ratios:
    • Reverse: -3.403 from -3.818
    • 1st: 4.171 from 3.820
    • 2nd: 2.340 from 2.055
    • 3rd: 1.521 from 1.411
    • 4th: 1.143 from 1.120
    • 5th: 0.867 from 0.920
    • 6th: 0.691 from 0.755
    • Final: 3.526 from 3.44
  • Decreased power output at wheels to 442 hp @ 6,100 rpm from 552 hp @ 5,950 rpm (20% transmission loss from 552 hp)
  • Decreased torque output at wheels to 520 Nm @ 1,600-6,000 rpm from 661 Nm @ 5,950 rpm (20% transmission loss from 650 Nm)
  • Decreased redline (rpm) to 6,500 from 6,800.
  • Decreased idle (rpm) to 500 from 1,000.
  • Increased turbo reference (rpm) to 1,600 from 900.
  • Decreased turbo #1 pressure to 0.55 from 0.90.
  • Decreased turbo #2 pressure to 0.55 from 1.10.
  • Disabled cockpit-adjustable turbo.
  • Increased coast reference (rpm) to 7,000 from 4,000.
  • Deleted files:
    • semislicks_front.lut
    • semislicks_rear.lut
    • final.rto
    • ratios.rto
    • flames.ini
    • tcurve_semis.lut
  • Tachometer.
  • Speedometer.
  • Fuel gauge.

Attachments

• obese_car.jpg
    obese_car.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Be wary of new members asking ridiculous questions. I've been tipped off that this might be somebody trying to be deliberately disruptive for what they consider to be 'fun'.

This is my warning for those kind of members and for the beggers. From today, if some of those PM me some sort of things that will not be a special help or tip. I will just ignore that ask. Just ask me in the main thread.

Unfortunately, because of a few morons, many good people will be treated the same way of those morons. Its life.

I want to share with all the community, this, as an example. Ofcourse, I erased the name of the site, although most of you know it.
Nevertheless, there are always somebody who doesnt.
To beg: 'please', 'thanks'.

ns9m.png

EDIT: Forgot to say that this was about the Dallara Stradale car.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back