Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,216 comments
r u rdy 4 ths?

Showrooms from tracks, a idea demo - by RMi
Did you ever wish a track was a showroom? No? Yes? (im going to show you anyway!)

Drift:
View attachment 958048
Drag:
View attachment 958049
enjoy!
:: DOWNLOAD ::

note: If you wish to build your own, simply put the center of the tracks XYZ to where you want the car.

I think that is a cool idea. Though, with the better photomode controls (shutter speed, dof, etc) outside of a real showroom/preview I don't think this gives you much of an advantage over just loading up the track and driving to where you want and have all of the SOL/Custom Shader options

However I would love to have a few more showroom options

Maybe somebody can help me with an issue that showed up out of the blue. My races don't save the results any more. Even if I let the race finish and wait for the last screen with the camera spinning around the car in the pits and THE RESULTS right there, once I get back to CM, the popup screen says race canceled and nothing, no results. No results in the results tab in CM and when I click "show in folder", the folder is there but it leaves off at the last log of results it saved. (which was weeks ago now) Weird.
Thought I'd ask first before getting crazy and reinstalling CM and stuff.

Maybe somebody can help me with an issue that showed up out of the blue. My races don't save the results any more. Even if I let the race finish and wait for the last screen with the camera spinning around the car in the pits and THE RESULTS right there, once I get back to CM, the popup screen says race canceled and nothing, no results. No results in the results tab in CM and when I click "show in folder", the folder is there but it leaves off at the last log of results it saved. (which was weeks ago now) Weird.
Thought I'd ask first before getting crazy and reinstalling CM and stuff.

Do any of the cars in your grid have capital letters in their folder name? I know that can cause issues with CM recording speed/laptimes etc (I think). Maybe that has something to do with it? Probably not but just an idea.

Last edited:
Here's a sim rig for people with more money than they know what to do with. It's from Aston Martin and costs as much as a Porsche Boxter S. :eek:

It also uses Assetto Corsa.

https://www.motor1.com/news/443863/aston-martin-amr-c01-racing-simulator/
https://media.astonmartin.com/aston-martin-reveals-first-racing-simulator-the-amr-c01/

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 1.33.17 pm.jpg

EDIT: Looks like the work of Jim Llloyd and his team of GTP elves has made it onto the screen too! Wonder if that means they qualify for a hefty discount? :lol:

aston-martin-amr-c01-esports-simulator-goodwood-15092020.jpg

Last edited:
I currently have three versions of Suzuka for AC as shown here by their track preview pics which I included as I am not sure of the authors.. Each have their good and bad points but none are that great to be perfectly honest which is a shame as I am particularly fond of this track..

My question is are there any other versions out there? Hopefully a better one..

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    48 KB · Views: 23
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    92 KB · Views: 23
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi everybody,
Today, two nissan's updated,
Nissan Pulsar, author: Brucektrain, huge thank you

50339479976_e03220f6af_b.jpg

Data's from:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1992/2247320/nissan_pulsar_gti-r.html

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l36fhtrgou222lv/bk_nissan_pulsar_gtir_1990.7z/file

And an iconic one, only 4 months of production,
author: forcefulodin, many thanks to him
Nissan Skyline GTR KPGC110:

50347697116_4ab7f07382_b.jpg

Data's from:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1973/138785/nissan_skyline_hardtop_2000_gt-r.html

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5nlni5zn9xcyp2x/nissan_kpgc110.7z/file

Have fun, Mike

Great news! Soon I will release working wipers for the Project 8 thanks to the awesome work of @_fixed_a_bit_ !

View attachment 958030

Also working on one of my other favourite cars besides the Project 8. Going to attempt to add wipers myself when I've got time and I'm improving the usual stuff like shaders.

View attachment 958031
View attachment 958032

Edit: I don't know if someone can make sounds but I found this a playlist with 5 sounds of the LFA:

someone has got to make this happen

Do any of the cars in your grid have capital letters in their folder name? I know that can cause issues with CM recording speed/laptimes etc (I think). Maybe that has something to do with it? Probably not but just an idea.
I looked. It's not that although I know about that issue. It's everything all the time. I'm just going to bite the bullet and reinstall. Doesn't help working on things when I can't review older times. :confused:
By the way, incoming file on your way.

Quick question for all the experts in this forum: Is there a way to copy the physics from one car to another car? I've purchased the WTCR 2018 bundle, and I want to copy the physics of these cars to the ones from the other TCR pack with the Lada and the Link & Co to make a bigger, bigger grid.

So I just got my first track conversion working in-game (yay me) from GTR2 (imola), using only 3dsimed. Now I might want to tackle some tracks I did previously, but dont want to do something already around. I was thinking of Sardian Heights from rF (use my own gtr2 version).
@Teddie Unless... its been released?

Better idea... re-rip/re-source all of Gilles tracks, release for free ;)

Last edited:
So I just got my first track conversion working in-game (yay me) from GTR2 (imola). Now I might want to tackle some tracks I did previously, but dont want to do something already around. I was thinking of Sardian Heights from rF (use my own gtr2 version).
@Teddie Unless... its been released?

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I had no idea he had started charging for his tracks. I hope he's okay because that sounds like he's mentally diverged from reality, yikes.

Quick question for all the experts in this forum: Is there a way to copy the physics from one car to another car? I've purchased the WTCR 2018 bundle, and I want to copy the physics of these cars to the ones from the other TCR pack with the Lada and the Link & Co to make a bigger, bigger grid.
engines/gears/drivetrain = easy
suspension = much more involved (refactoring CG/BaseY, model alignment etc)

My question is are there any other versions out there? Hopefully a better one..

I've just been through the same process! I settled on Patrikpat's Suzuka 2018 v1.2 which is based on the AC Reboot track. It seemed to have the right balance of looks and decent framerate (plus lighting) but the track grip seemed to be set to ice mode so I changed the friction level to something more realistic. However, I've just discovered that the timing deltas don't work properly and a search here seems to confirm the same issue for others. A solution was posted by someone and I've messaged the guy and waiting for a response so fingerscrossed as I think then it would be ideal (until the new one from JimLloyd and team is released I guess) - unless anyone else has the fix handy?

Last edited:
I've just been through the same process! I settled on Patrikpat's Suzuka 2018 v1.2 which is based on the AC Reboot track. It seemed to have the right balance of looks and decent framerate (plus lighting) but the track grip seemed to be set to ice mode so I changed the friction level to something more realistic. However, I've just discovered that the timing deltas don't work properly and a search here seems to confirm the same issue for others. A solution was posted by someone and I've messaged the guy and waiting for a response so fingerscrossed as I think then it would be ideal (until the new one from JimLloyd and team is released I guess)

Where can I download this version ?? Direct Link Please 👍

I've just been through the same process! I settled on Patrikpat's Suzuka 2018 v1.2 which is based on the AC Reboot track. It seemed to have the right balance of looks and decent framerate (plus lighting) but the track grip seemed to be set to ice mode so I changed the friction level to something more realistic. However, I've just discovered that the timing deltas don't work properly and a search here seems to confirm the same issue for others. A solution was posted by someone and I've messaged the guy and waiting for a response so fingerscrossed as I think then it would be ideal (until the new one from JimLloyd and team is released I guess)

Hey El'B,

Thanks for the reply, would you have any links to the versions you mentioned?

I used to have harsh words about his tracks, until i did my first conversion from AMS and realised the utter PITA factor of it all, now I am a little more tolerant. It is a pity he went for quantity rather than quality though, seems to be a catchy disease once the track conversion bug bites you, I guess I'd prefer to have seen only 10% of his tracks released but each one 10X improved.

High hopes from your as the cars you do are typically good mate.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back