Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
Can someone remind me how we get rid of these annoying half patched car notifications, as I recal it had something to do with a version number that had to be editted.

(ie: you can update these but they always remain there asking to be updated again, to exactly the same version)

View attachment 1064770

Can someone remind me how we get rid of these annoying half patched car notifications, as I recal it had something to do with a version number that had to be editted.

(ie: you can update these but they always remain there asking to be updated again, to exactly the same version)

View attachment 1064770
Just right-click on each you want to skip and set it to "ignore update".

Now I have a bug that does not allow me to select in race mode the cars that I want to have on the grid

"limited by number of pits available"

What can be? Someone else happens?

Last edited:

Alcañiz 1.5 njoy :cheers:

According to my CM the ui_track.json is damaged. I noticed some conflicting stuff and changed it, so it works (I downloaded the track from RD).
Also added geo tags.

Attachments

• ui_track.json.txt
    451 bytes · Views: 28
Last edited:
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

JBolho - GT Special Stage R5-Clubman

• New EXT_CONFIG (RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and various fixes)
  • New VAO
  • Edited TV Cams (not the best ones, but they work)

Don't know if he's part of this forum or not, if yes (or anyone knows him) he will be free to use for future update if he like the result

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.29.06.png

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.37.04.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.37.72.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.41.99.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.54.72.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 23.32.55.04.png

Last edited:
Adelaide 2011 v1.1 by tewie and Rainmaker new ext_config file
  • Featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX,
  • VAO Patch
  • CSP Shader adjustments
adelaide2011.7z - 1.8 MB

Get the latest version of the track here:

The conversion and the enhancement of the track for Assetto Corsa was done by tewie and Rainmaker

Hope you like it

L
Now I have a bug that does not allow me to select in race mode the cars that I want to have on the grid

"limited by number of pits available"

What can be? Someone else happens?
It’s usually because the track doesn’t have as many pits as cars you want to run. Sometimes finding an alternative version of the track may solve this or reload the track.

Last edited:
L

It’s usually because the track doesn’t have as many pits as cars you want to run. Sometimes finding an alternative version of the track may solve this or reload the track.
what was happening to me, I had the wrong number of pits configured in the .json file and I hadn't realized it hahahahah, but thanks for the answer !!

Last edited:
Thanks, but sadly that does not work either. That's to say, it does work until you leave CM.
Each time you start CM you have to re-assign the buttons again.
Once it's working, it does give you higher fps though.
I hope someone is able to get the settings to save permanently. Until than back to the old version.

Edit: I found a workaround: not letting CM start RHM...
Using a shortcut to start RHM and settings are saved. 🙄
Were you able to ever find a workaround? I started playing around with my rift s a little, and can't seem to save my settings anymore. Before I would move a slider and hit enter and it would save that, but right now it keeps reverting back to old setting. As you found, not letting CM start RHM seems to work, but it kind of sucks having to do that...

no not at all, I have the content manager updates at the same time as everyone else and not in advance, I always create my LOD with blender before the tool added to CM

no, I do my wiper animation with blender, not yet tested the tool

ilja is working on CSP much more than you may think, I'm currently testing the 1.75 preview 33 and the changelog list is impressive more than 65 lines, this version is very stable and fixes a lot of problems, I found only one bug that I returned to ilja

Ford GT GTE LMS v1.1
Assettogarage / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed tyres.ini
Fixed aero.ini
Fixed collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fixed setup.ini
Add wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1319

ag_fordgt_gte.png
Since there is LUA script in AC now, do you know if Ilja is planning to do rolling starts possible, or full course yellow and real DRS race rules? I already asked him once, but he didn't respond and it was before the LUA script implement.

According to my CM the ui_track.json is damaged. I noticed some conflicting stuff and changed it, so it works (I downloaded the track from RD).
Also added geo tags.
Where does that file go?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the updated version from RD

1625357079852.png

You monsters! LMAO

Last edited:
Since there is LUA script in AC now, do you know if Ilja is planning to do rolling starts possible, or full course yellow and real DRS race rules? I already asked him once, but he didn't respond and it was before the LUA script implement.
I also asked him to do some things with this kind of script, but he is planning to add plug-ins later to CSP to manage new race rules, I don't know more

Oh man, people getting salty over Ilja not releasing stuff is honestly stupid IMO. You all should take a hard look into yourselves. A few points to clarify regarding his patreon and the people who get the new builds early-

1. He isn't obligated to release anything, he has done a lot to improve this simulator and we should be grateful for what we have. We have stuff that the employees at Kunos couldn't/want to implement.

2. He isn't forcing anyone to support him on Patreon, you don't have a gun on your head asking you to donate monthly. if you have this much of an issue just stop your subscription and use the free versions when they eventually roll out.

3. He isn't netting the entire amount that is shown on Patreon. Firstly Patreon also takes a considerable cut, then he also has to pay for the servers that are used in AC (acstuff.ru), and in addition to this JPG is also involved in the project and he is a master physics developer who is implementing much complex physics stuff in CSP. For those who don't know who JPG is, he was responsible for the IER P13C which is arguably the best physics implementation to date in AC.

4.Also the people who you call beta of beta testers are actually alpha testers, they make sure the game doesn't do irreversible damage to your PC, sometimes these builds can cause crashes that can cause permanent damage to your PC as well. If he was to release that you all would probably complain that he released a half-made mod and then talk about how he's making tonnes of money.

The main point is the 1st one, no one owes anyone anything. We are lucky that some people are really passionate about mods and are making mods and sharing them here. So before we make baseless claims we should look at what we have.
(I apologize if my tone is a bit harsh, honestly I'm not that great in English especially with conveying stuff online)
I'd would suggest that it's 'good feng shui' to wait with excited anticipation for the (or any) next big CSP update... but not allow that anticipation to transform itself into expectation, outrage or demand.

No matter how much you WANT the next batch of fixes and goodies to appear, if you start getting grumpy about it, then just go back to vanilla AC for a moment to remind yourself how much you've already got from Ilja's work. :cheers:

Last edited:
  • VAO Patch
  • CSP Shader adjustments
adelaide2011.7z - 1.8 MB

The conversion and the enhancement of the track for Assetto Corsa was done by tewie and Rainmaker

Hope you like it
Thank you very much. Missing this circuit hopefully one day we can see this iconic circuit back on the calendar for the V8's.

Howdy.
Anyone know what lap times aliens can do in the current V8SCorsa at RT Bathurst? (with any setup possible, not just the default).

I'm messing around with data for the AU and VX converted from GTR2 (making them 2002 spec, because that's the year they had the Dunlops the models are wearing; and giving them the correct type of gearbox, suspension, etc) and wondering how good of a benchmark the V8SCorsa is for comparison (ie. in qualifying the 2002 cars were about 5-6sec slower IRL, so I reckon I should be 5-6sec slower than my own V8SCorsa times, but is the V8SCorsa capable of IRL lap times in the hands of someone who can actually make a good hotlap setup and post a good lap?).

i have been working n some stuff to extract those autogen houses OUT of msfs2020 for use to import into AC in personal tracks, (working on a racetrack of my local streets) but.. but... I took a flight over Spa for the fun of it, and damn! Microsoft?! Put a damn autogen building right smack bang in the track over the start line ;)

i have been working n some stuff to extract those autogen houses OUT of msfs2020 for use to import into AC in personal tracks, (working on a racetrack of my local streets) but.. but... I took a flight over Spa for the fun of it, and damn! Microsoft?! Put a damn autogen building right smack bang in the track over the start line 😉

Impressive graphic quality

I made a feedback ilja of the bug messages that were noted here

a new menu has been added in object inspector of the development version of CSP to animate wipers without having to make a ksanim
I especially hope that the problems with the championship creation utility will be corrected but for now with the old version it works fine

Were you able to ever find a workaround? I started playing around with my rift s a little, and can't seem to save my settings anymore. Before I would move a slider and hit enter and it would save that, but right now it keeps reverting back to old setting. As you found, not letting CM start RHM seems to work, but it kind of sucks having to do that...
Well, yes. But I can't really remember what I did to make it work. I have RHMAC_1_0_2 installed (not the newer 1_0_4), so I presume I went back to the previous version to get it working again.
I have RHM integration ticked in CM/SETTINGS/DRIVE (RHMAC installed in AC root directory) and all works fine.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Drmaboul02 - Charade SPC2018 v1.3 by Drmaboul02

I know it already exist an update by @slider666, but as sometimes happens by using different PPFilter, his update was not looking fine on my side, so, as per usual, i rewrite a new ext_config by saving (and credits of course) him for what was working more than fine as always.

This update will include:

• New EXT_CONFIG w/ RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX
  • New VAO
  • CM Skin with the fix of a couple of textures of windows (which were totally blue at night) and for the gravel wich will never blend well for the different shades of grass around the track, but which is closer than before (NOT perfect but it's work fine for me), so be sure to activate it in CM

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.41.41.28.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.41.50.29.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.42.05.65.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.42.10.59.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.42.16.01.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.42.38.88.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.42.43.24.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.43.25.41.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.44.18.97.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.07.04 - 10.44.32.55.png

@Fanapryde

have you try alcañiz? your best lap? :D

im in 1'44'914 with 917k

By the way, I'm already redoing the track, the turn 2 jump is going to disappear, and the area of the castle climb will have jumps but much smoother and only really powerful cars will jump, it will be all narrower, they will not fit three cars on the track at the same time, the battles will be two cars

It's going to be so narrow and winding that it's going to be claustrophobic to drive there hahahahah

• VAO Patch
  • CSP Shader adjustments
adelaide2011.7z - 1.8 MB

Hope you like it
Here's a couple of skins (Adelaide 2020 and tree overhaul). I can't remember where I got them from and the json files don't show the author.
But especially the tree overhaul skin is much needed imo).

https://mega.nz/file/GOIC2TJC#6ecF9-kjG8HzTadGKf7rigTNA_KH-SKvdx0dC-pjrEc

I have not tried your rainFX yet (so I don't know if it differs from the rainFX that @Cozy61 has posted on RD), but I got to say that the night lighting could benefit from some TLC. The whole track has a spooky atmosphere...
The grandstands bright roof and seats with the dark spectators (e.g.)

gs1.png
gs2.png
gs3.png

@Fanapryde

have you try alcañiz? your best lap? 😁

im in 1'44'914 with 917k

By the way, I'm already redoing the track, the turn 2 jump is going to disappear, and the area of the castle climb will have jumps but much smoother and only really powerful cars will jump, it will be all narrower, they will not fit three cars on the track at the same time, the battles will be two cars

It's going to be so narrow and winding that it's going to be claustrophobic to drive there hahahahah
I made a sections file (track description - attached, just remove txt and place in the data folder) for which I go rather slowly around the track with the BAC Mono.
But afterwards I did a lap with Pessio's Mini Cooper in 02:12:215. Difficult to keep the car on track at the castle climb (bumps are too heavy.
There's a lot more to say, but since it's a WIP, I'm guessing you know all that 🙂

I did this before the update, but I now noticed that the track times were stored per car, but NOT in the track, so there is some issue (maybe the update took care of that, have to check).
EDIT: the new 1.5.1 version does record lap times.
That said, as with car mods, it is not a good idea to use capitals in track names.

Attachments

• sections.ini.txt
    765 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
@Fanapryde

Thanks for the comments. I am not using spectators so I didn't notice. Will fix and post an update.

I will also brighten up a little bit the whole track lighting.

Thanks again
Thing is, apart from a few sections there are (almost) no track lights, which will make it difficult to have a realistic effect.
I know there were plans for a Clipsal 500 race at night (in 2012), but I'm not sure it has ever happened ?
For that a whole lot of movable light units would be needed (like some tracks in AC already have).
Not sure it would be worth the trouble.

I don't have that kind of skills for creating and inserting 3d models, so I am trying to provide lighting effects by magic. I think that toning up a bit the brightness of the lights will do the trick. I will fix it after today's F1 race.

Last edited:
Sorry for asking. Does anyone have a link for the latest version of Paul Ricard with all of the updates added here?
I got a bit lost with all of the separate improvements and add-ons and the drama of other people uploading it elsewhere.
The original link seems to be down now and the search function brings up several different results with several different versions, in some bizarre random order.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back