Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Somewhere along the way the Michelin sun strip that was on a few of the skins got removed (maybe in the skin folder purge along with some race suits?) so if anyone wants to re-add it just remove the .txt extension and drop this DDS in the relevant skin folder.

View attachment 1097675
Okay @Masscot, this is the third time you've posted something about a car,
and you show an image of it on that same certain track.

STOP TEASING US!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Reynolds Sly.gif

Last edited:
wondering if anyone has any experience of using fsr to super sample and is there any benefit?

lets say i usually run the game at 100% steam and fsr 77%

would dropping steam resolution to 50% and upping fsr to 150% give any performance gains?
Bump as I would be interested in this too.

New "versions" of Lotus 72 (72A.72D-1971) and adjusting some skins close to real ones.

Minor modifications to Tyrrell ( 001, 002 ). Adaptation of the skin ( USA & Mexico Gp 1970 ) and a sample of the 1971 version ( Monaco Gp).
Im fairly new to this forum, is this an F1 mod you are working on? Or is it just skins?

So, i hope in AC modding, or in modding general there are no dumb questions, ive got the Legion "Porsche 917/10" from the famous "Interserie" it has some errors, that i want to fix with your help:

Link for the Car Legion

1.In Lights.ini there was a error was missing the _SUB1 this is ok now, fixed myself.
[BRAKE_0]
NAME=EXTERIOR_BRAKES_MESH missed--->_SUB1 in Lights.ini
(COLOR=20,25,0)

2.If you look at the instruments, they are white ingame,View attachment 1097591 not black, and if you move the steering wheel there is a smudge-like effect, as if you were pulling a trail behind the Steeringwheel.

There are 3 "917_interior_dials.dds" for the cockpit instruments:

"porsche dials glass" Path:...\COCKPIT_HR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS_GLASS
"porsche dials" Path:...\COCKPIT_HR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS
"porsche dials" PATH:...\COCKPIT_LR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS_001

If i switch "porsche dials glass" from Alpha blending to Alpha Testing, i can see the Instruments and needle but the numbers are floating on the glass over the needle...

I can make skins and im not new in the modding scene, but i cant fix this here, maybe someone has a tutorial for this or know how to solve this.

Some other car had this smudge-like effect also in the windhield, all was white

And please don't laugh at the question and how I present it, I'm still learning ...
If you don’t know the answer then it is never a silly question? The dials will be leaving a trail more than likely due to incorrect transparency on the object(s). I can’t check as not at PC for a while but if that’s what it is then it is easily fixed with a quick CSP extension. Maybe someone can take a closer look for you in the mean time, if not I will check it out when I get the chance.

I have a mod, the car has paddleshift, but it changes gears manually in the game. How can I fix this mod?
Hi! First of all, if the gear change animation is the gear stick one, go to "Animations", and change the file "shift.ksanim" by the files "shift_dw.ksanim" and "shift_up.ksanim" found in any car with paddelshift animations.
Now you'll need to extract data.acd with (in case it's not already), rename or delete old data.acd, go to the data folder and change this line in drivetrain.ini

SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1

to

SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0

Renault Megane RS 2018 Release

This car is a collaboration between me and Redlex

-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation by RVZ
-Rear wheel, Steering
-Trophy R Spec version with manual gearbox
-Encryption MNBA

Download:

Patreon:

Donate:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Im fairly new to this forum, is this an F1 mod you are working on? Or is it just skins?
I have to see how to make the skins available (the Lotus Monza version is free, you can download the other versions of Lotus 72 from the site "Perendinator" (simdr..) is that I was taking certain parts for the version I showed, Tyrrell is from controversial "simdr.."also...other cars I converted or adapted with many problems (the explanations for not being able to openly make available are here on the forum in some of my posts).

So, i hope in AC modding, or in modding general there are no dumb questions, ive got the Legion "Porsche 917/10" from the famous "Interserie" it has some errors, that i want to fix with your help:

Link for the Car Legion

1.In Lights.ini there was a error was missing the _SUB1 this is ok now, fixed myself.
[BRAKE_0]
NAME=EXTERIOR_BRAKES_MESH missed--->_SUB1 in Lights.ini
(COLOR=20,25,0)

2.If you look at the instruments, they are white ingame,View attachment 1097591 not black, and if you move the steering wheel there is a smudge-like effect, as if you were pulling a trail behind the Steeringwheel.

There are 3 "917_interior_dials.dds" for the cockpit instruments:

"porsche dials glass" Path:...\COCKPIT_HR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS_GLASS
"porsche dials" Path:...\COCKPIT_HR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS
"porsche dials" PATH:...\COCKPIT_LR\LOD_A_INT_DETAILS_001

If i switch "porsche dials glass" from Alpha blending to Alpha Testing, i can see the Instruments and needle but the numbers are floating on the glass over the needle...

I can make skins and im not new in the modding scene, but i cant fix this here, maybe someone has a tutorial for this or know how to solve this.

Some other car had this smudge-like effect also in the windhield, all was white

And please don't laugh at the question and how I present it, I'm still learning ...
This should sort it for you, unpack into the cars folder. Looks like an older mod from @GzeroD ? Maybe could do with some TLC but should get you going.

Attachments

• extension.zip
    233 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
Have a nice 3000 GTP :cheers:

oh and...this is for the ACC Bentley '18 fans :D
Thanks for sharing it! it was made by me! Cheers!

I keep getting this weird tracking issue with Oculus Quest 2, the VR position shifts multiple times during a lap and I gotta constantly recenter the view. Tried resetting the headset and disabling the guardian but nothing seems to solve it.

-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation by RVZ
-Rear wheel, Steering
-Encryption MNBA

Download:

Patreon:

Donate:
Tried the Trophy R so far, great feeling car. Need to try the AWS version now...

I keep getting this weird tracking issue with Oculus Quest 2, the VR position shifts multiple times during a lap and I gotta constantly recenter the view. Tried resetting the headset and disabling the guardian but nothing seems to solve it.
Is the room well lit? I've heard tracking can get lost with the Q2 if the ambient light is dim.

-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation by RVZ
-Rear wheel, Steering
-Encryption MNBA

Download:

Patreon:

Donate:

View attachment 1097703View attachment 1097704View attachment 1097705View attachment 1097706View attachment 1097707View attachment 1097708
Thanks very much for this @petercrill, there have been a few Megane 4s flexed around for the past year or so but they always seemed to be private. It's great to finally have a public release.
I noticed (Trophy-R) there was no shifting animation and the hands slid over the wheel while steering. If you amend these fields in data/driver3d.ini and add the steer.ksanim file below (remove the .txt file extension first) to the 'animations' folder it'll fix the steering and shift timing and add a pretty good - not perfect - shifting animation. If the driver was scaled up by a small amount he'd grip the wheel a little better and I think his hand would hit the shifter even closer. I can take a look at this if you want?

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=350
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=350
PRELOAD_RPM=6500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

Thanks again.

Attachments

• steer.ksanim.txt
    220.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
The F1 1958 cars could use some work. They have no idle sound when you put them in gear. That's... not very good.

Maybe I'm spoiled after having played with Nicecuppatea's cars for a while.

The F1 1958 cars could use some work. They have no idle sound when you put them in gear. That's... not very good.

Maybe I'm spoiled after having played with Nicecuppatea's cars for a while.
i literally just reworked that season....

if your talking about the rework the idle sounds work

Last edited:
There was some discussion a few pages back about fixing the wall collision stuff on Adelaide 2011.

I have a similar issue with the Neil Shaw + CrisT86 version of Pukekohe Park. IMO this is superior to the Rainmaker version in terms of visual quality and overall accuracy (elevation, corner profiles etc.), but many of the walls have some issues. You don't go through them if you hit them, but the often stop the car dead and cause race-ending damage even with a glancing blow.

Yes Mr Potato, just don't hit the walls I hear you say, and indeed for example hitting the wall over the hill onto the front straight would almost always be a race ending crash, but for example brushing the wall coming out of the esses onto the back straight might cause minor damage but not end a race. These are two places where I have hit the walls here and had this issue of the car getting 'caught' on something and stopping dead and causing race ending damage.

Neil seems to have been absent from the forum lateIy so I was wondering if someone with some skill can take a look and see if there is an easy fix. The track is in Breathe's spreadsheet but doesn't appear to have a link so I can upload it somewhere if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i literally just reworked that season....

if your talking about the rework the idle sounds work
I just tried the Aston and BRM, it doesn't seem to be actually a sound issue but the RPMs go to zero when you shift from neutral to first. Seems odd to me, but I don't know much about these cars, frankly.

Hi! First of all, if the gear change animation is the gear stick one, go to "Animations", and change the file "shift.ksanim" by the files "shift_dw.ksanim" and "shift_up.ksanim" found in any car with paddelshift animations.
Now you'll need to extract data.acd with (in case it's not already), rename or delete old data.acd, go to the data folder and change this line in drivetrain.ini

SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1

to

SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0
Thank you .

I just tried the Aston and BRM, it doesn't seem to be actually a sound issue but the RPMs go to zero when you shift from neutral to first. Seems odd to me, but I don't know much about these cars, frankly.

the sounds are from the kunos cars from the same era. the og kunos car (250f 6 cvl) seems to do the same. tbh i cant really replicate what your referring to. maybe check your settings etc i know everyone's experience can be different from time to time.

Last edited:
the sounds are from the kunos cars from the same era. the og kunos car (250f 6 cvl) seems to do the same. tbh i cant really replicate what your referring to. maybe check your settings etc i know everyone's experience can be different from time to time.
Forgot to mention I use autocluch because of controller. But I just tried Kunos' Maserati 250F (6L and V12) and they seem to do the same, go silent at first gear. Seems odd, but if those cars do it then I assume there's nothing wrong with your mod. Sorry for wasting your time. 😔

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back